New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 10/25 EYEHATEGOD @ MIDDLE EAST DOWN(Official Recap Thread) by the_reverend on Oct 25,2009 7:58pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Oct 25, 2009 Middle East (Cambridge, MA)
anal_cunt - 2009-10-25
Anal Cunt(205)
flash animated slider show
eyehategod - 2009-10-25
Eyehategod(301)
goatwhore - 2009-10-25
Goatwhore(213)
howl - 2009-10-25
Howl(108)
rampant_decay - 2009-10-25
Rampant Decay(75)
randomshots - 2009-10-25
Randomshots(4)
strong_intention - 2009-10-25
Strong Intention(121)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 7:58pm
rd just finished. howl is setting upm. super mixed up crowd here and there are a ton of early birds. i would say 1/4 of the audience was here while RD was playing. amazing for a town that comes out at 9 earliest.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 8:41pm
this show is not sold out btw! get down here!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 9:19pm
strong intention started off ok and progressed into better and better songs. same with the amount of people in the audience. there werent many at first, but by the end of their set, the room looked pretty packed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 10:21pm
anal cunt wasnt a complete sloppy mess. still with out being a train wreck awesome, they were just regular old awesome. excellent song selection which added a lot to the set. also seth was in the crowds face A LOT. it was like all sing alongs. reminded me of older times... at one point, two guys from strong intention tackled seth and josh. i forget which song was on when they did that. they ended with a song that i think was on 33 songs, but for me is the "classic" AC sound.

toggletoggle post by aril mobile at Oct 25,2009 10:26pm
Couldn't make it. Sucks.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 25,2009 11:00pm
aril%20mobile said[orig][quote]
Couldn't make it. Sucks.

And I was on the list too. Fuck me. At least Curb Your Enthusiasm was great.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 11:02pm
goatwhore is playing 1 million times better right now then at the palladium

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 11:04pm
Ben is the fist bump capitol of mass right now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 25,2009 11:18pm
what an epic goatwhore set. they played so well, but like with analcunt, it was the audience participation that ruled the even. one of if not the best set by them to date.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 25,2009 11:19pm
You should give him an Ashley Shaeffer dickslappin.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 12:02am
i wish i knew who that was... eyehategod is the fucking shitbomb right now. this set is monsterously unreal. the stage is crazy crowded, but they are so good. and the singer looks a lot like larry lifeless.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 12:15am
they are hitting a note over and over that is making me almost pee my pants. there is no way im getting to that sewage flow of a bathroom.

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Oct 26,2009 12:23am
itt: eyehategod makes rev shit his pants

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Oct 26,2009 12:23am
also itt: grizloch is jealous of anyone at eyehategod... and the rev's pants

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Oct 26,2009 12:55am
EHG wins again.
If you've never seen them live, you've never actually heard them.

toggletoggle post by Boblovesmobile at Oct 26,2009 12:59am
Wow....

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Oct 26,2009 1:04am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
and the singer looks a lot like larry lifeless.

"lol wut?"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 1:17am
he looks like larry lifeless and phil anselmo had a kid.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Oct 26,2009 1:18am
ok, well considering the hair and heroin addiction, I see the Anselmo connection...

toggletoggle post by dar nli at Oct 26,2009 1:32am
so I went to this show, and learned that I can't really relate to EHG anymore, but they still rule. It was comforting to be at a cambridge show that was 0% hipster and 100% scumbag. I also learned that the rev lost weight and looks good, and that rich horror lost weight and looks like even more of an asshole. Can't wait to play with Kinslayer's kids, they're gonna be sooo cute.

toggletoggle post by Crickets of the night at Oct 26,2009 1:34am
Dar is still alive? I heRd he was head chef at the Italian kit chen in meffa

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Oct 26,2009 1:42am
I'm glad I made it

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:04am
awe shucks.
working on pictures now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:07am
oh, I see bobby in the crowd of AC. in every single picture (looking on my 23" monitor at full screen) there is smeone looking directly at my camera and one person doing something out of place.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:13am
I don't think I've ever seen that many people at the ME downstairs.

toggletoggle post by John Aubrey at Oct 26,2009 2:15am
went to the ny show and this one...so good,so so so so good

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 2:20am
EHG was a fucking champion.

That ruled.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 2:21am
Jay "Christraper" Inman was there, by the way.

Shame on all of you for not telling me that he's in Deathamphetamine now. Or back in New England, for that matter.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:37am
rich horror and seth putnam are tied for best shirt.
best hoodie goes to kevord... babby

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:39am
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
Shame on all of you for not telling me that he's in Deathamphetamine now
miss that dude. it's too bad there isn't a site some where that you could look at pictures of bands that have played and the members of those bands. I believe (looking at my pictures) that he's also and aviator.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 2:48am
pictures are uploading.

toggletoggle post by love_is_a_fist at Oct 26,2009 2:48am
awesome show

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 26,2009 3:20am
EHG was even better tonight than when I saw them here in '95 with AC, Dead & Gone and Neurosis.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 3:27am
if anyone sees any f'd up processed pictures, please tell me. my desktop is being an asshole.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Oct 26,2009 8:42am
I think the "prison pussy" was my favorite moment of the night.

"Don't be ashamed, brother. You got to fuck something!"

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 8:54am
Shame on all of you for not telling me that he's in Deathamphetamine now
miss that dude. it's too bad there isn't a site some where that you could look at pictures of bands that have played and the members of those bands. I believe (looking at my pictures) that he's also and aviator.

Pssh. There aren't any parts to this site other than the forum, silly.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Oct 26,2009 9:35am
EHG was a fucking champion. That ruled.
you were there? How did we not see each other?

anyways....rd was fantastic....howl was awesome....eyehategod were mindblowing....im still drunk.....and going to a funeral.....amazing

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 9:38am
Wow, I have no idea how I didn't see you, Rusty. I walked around aimlessly meeting random people from here, my childhood, etc all night.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 9:39am
keep drinking lots and there might be 2 funerals.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Oct 26,2009 9:43am
keep drinking lots and there might be 2 funerals.
one can only hope

toggletoggle post by snip_snap at Oct 26,2009 9:44am
this was the 1st middle east show i've been too where i was frisked and had my bag searched!!! fucking lame

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 26,2009 10:00am
holy shit, those of us going to the MDF get to see them again! Fuck yeah!

toggletoggle post by reincremation at Oct 26,2009 3:23pm
the situation at the door was kind of gay. first time in 30+ shows at the ME downstairs that i've been searched. bouncers immediately found our blades and show supplements and freaked out. we eventually convinced them to let us finish everything outside, and the one dude held my bowl and knife (swiss army, for fuck's sake) til after the show, which was kind of cool.

but still, what the fuck? this has never been an issue before and obviously you don't bring bud/etc to use inside, it's for blazing outside between bands. maybe mike's probation had something to do with it?

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 26,2009 3:27pm
snip_snap said[orig][quote]
this was the 1st middle east show i've been too where i was frisked and had my bag searched!!! fucking lame

One of the friskers recognized me and apologized for having to do it. He said that this never happens at metal shows, only hip hop/rap shows...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 3:32pm
I got apologized to as well and they only looked and saw that I had cameras so I didn't get searched.

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sphincto at Oct 26,2009 3:53pm
fuckin awesome show this was. Saw ppl I haven't seen in a while
Rampant Decay: Awesome set fast and to the point. Awesome Nunslaughter cover
Howl: Heavy and Slow but din't really do it for me
Strong Intention: Not Really my thing
Anal Cunt: Amazing set, was worth it
Goatwhore: Great blend of black/death with plenty of headbanging
Eyehategod: Tight set, when was the last time they were in Boston?

Plus I got in the shit's demo, met Ben Falgoust, Mike Williams and Jimmy Bower.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Oct 26,2009 4:05pm
EHG was fucking amazing. That show should have just been RD, Howl, AC and EHG; felt like the longest show ever.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 26,2009 4:08pm
Rampant Decay: so good! 1 of Boston's bands. Delivering thrash/hardcore intensity that fuels hatred & viciousness!

Howl: that set fuckin ripped! Stoner metal w/ thrashy.chugging riffs & a death metal bark! Awlsome riffs!

Strong Intention: much better than the last time but still not fantastic. Thrash/hardcore. Not particularly original but quite enjoyable

Anal Cunt: fuck yeah! Fuck yeah!

Goatwhore: Wow, now that was some solid death metal right there! Awlsome riffs ranging from death metal brutality to black metal playing. If I didn't have a headache, I would've headbanged the entire set!

Eyehategod: (coming from a newb) Wow... that was incredible! Words can't describe! The music was perfectly thick, sludgy & heavy. The audience response was wow! they are masters going from almost grind like intensity to a overwhelming doomy feel! It was glorious! Can't wait to MDF!

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 26,2009 4:09pm
I love 4 band shows. Felt bad that people were so disinterested in Goatwhore, though. I prefer me some Soilent Green, but that group of folks never seems to disappoint.

toggletoggle post by |an  at Oct 26,2009 4:24pm
sound for EHG was fucking mammoth, holy shit! we need more good metal shows like this at the middle east, I only remember hearing about a handful each year or so.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Oct 26,2009 4:29pm
Glad I showed up late extra high. I enjoyed the frisking, I was highly aroused. Glad I left me herbs in the car. Sorry rich. Goatwhore were great, despite the 65273 times I've seen them. EHG put me in a total trance, and made me love (good) solid state amps all over again.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Oct 26,2009 4:46pm edited Oct 26,2009 4:46pm
the frisking part was weird, but I just looked at the guy and said "what, you think I'm capable of hurting people??" and he let me go

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 26,2009 5:10pm
I didn't get frisked but saw it happening and thought it was weird.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Oct 26,2009 5:16pm
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
I didn't get frisked but saw it happening and was jealous.
fix'd

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 26,2009 5:32pm
They looked behind my balls and down my pee-hole, which I found comforting.

Tee hee

toggletoggle post by demondave at Oct 26,2009 6:14pm

It's a shame I could not make it to this. I've got all sorts of scheduling things to sort out, so I haven't been able to go to shows since the NEDF. I would have loved to see Rampant Decay's Nunslaughter cover. (I hope you played Cocaine)

EHG was even better tonight than when I saw them here in '95 with AC, Dead & Gone and Neurosis.

I was at that show. Isn't that the one where Seth sang for EHG? If I remember I was hanging out with Judy from the late Fast Forward Records for half the night and got really drunk. Some guy flipped out during the opening riff of EHG and started swinging fists. I was standing to the left of the stage, not even near the pit, and he clocked me. I turned to punch him and a girl was trying to claw at him. Apparently he was swinging and hit a couple of girl too. (No Rich it wasn't you.)

I got all ripshit and followed the guy as he got pushed towards the pit and sucker punched him down. A few more guys came up to me and started to babble about how it wasn't cool to do that.... blah blah ... egalitarian ... blah blah.. .. the scene should stay together ... blah blah... -- oh and how they were going to kick my ass. So me knocking that guy for clocking me was oppressive, but hitting the girls wasn't.... I realized that I didn't know who was who in Boston and who were friends with who, so I just went back to the bar.

Great show though. I would have liked to see this one

toggletoggle post by aurhghgh at Oct 26,2009 7:14pm
that Eyehategod, AC, Neurosis, Dead & Gone show was in 97. it was the best Eyehategod performance i ever saw....

... until last night!!! fuck!!! what fury! aggggggh. the whole set kicked ass more than anything i could've imagined, but the highlight of the night was the anticipation during the intro - just grating and insane feedback, all of the band members are lurching and bobbing back and forth... then that first hit, fuck. so unbelievably fucking good. so heavy.

as for Goatwhore - they're tight and on a riff-by-riff basis they write some sick shit. but like a lot of Soilent Green material, they absolutely have NO idea how to write a fucking song. at all. i couldn't remember one goddamn thing about their set. couldn't differentiate the tunes. they just write these endless non-stop chains of stapled-together riffs that have nothing to do with each other, and it sounds like the songs are generated by a random computer algorithm. Ben Falgoust's (sp?) vocals are literally the exact same over any riff, too. he really needs to change that shit up. it's that fucking style where nothing is ever said on the 1 of the beat, only on the 2. i think if they knew how to actually arrange all of those intense riffs then they'd actually get some momentum from their set. the closing tune, the Celtic Frost-style one, however, was great. the riffs actually fucking related to each other and there was a pause in the tune every now and then.

Anal Cunt was sick as hell. played old noisecore shit, Vaginal Jesus tunes, Seth was being fucking hilarious. Josh Martin looked like a fucking child molester hiding in the woods and Tim Morse looked like Al-Qaeda.

toggletoggle post by robing at Oct 26,2009 7:27pm
ROUND 4 TONIGHT NYC!!!!!!! YES FUCK!

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Oct 26,2009 7:27pm
God damn ive seen some good shows this year, but this might be the best yet. EHG sounds 1000x better live and the middle easts sound was perfect.

toggletoggle post by robing at Oct 26,2009 7:28pm
Aww shucks thanks guys!

toggletoggle post by aurhghgh at Oct 26,2009 7:39pm
yah, the sound was literally PERFECT in the club. last show i was at was Repulsion, Pig Destroyer and Brutal Truth in Brooklyn and the sound was like forks going into my ears. last night was 100000%. it sounded like the recordings being played at 200 decibels.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 26,2009 8:00pm
demondave said[orig][quote]
I would have loved to see Rampant Decay's Nunslaughter cover. (I hope you played Cocaine)

Nope, Buried Alive.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Oct 26,2009 9:02pm
I would have loved to see Rampant Decay's Nunslaughter cover. (I hope you played Cocaine)

Nope, Buried Alive.

no, your cocaine song

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 26,2009 9:24pm
aurhghgh said[orig][quote]
the highlight of the night was the anticipation during the intro - just grating and insane feedback, all of the band members are lurching and bobbing back and forth... then that first hit, fuck. so unbelievably fucking good. so heavy.
I was standing by the drummer. that anticipation was killer.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 26,2009 10:10pm

Nope, Buried Alive.

no, your cocaine song

haha oh yeah, always.

toggletoggle post by PIGTAILS at Oct 26,2009 10:15pm
This show was best EVER!!!!!! EHG I can't wait for them to come back!! And the photos are wonderful Rev!

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Oct 26,2009 11:05pm
PIGTAILS said[orig][quote]
This show was best EVER!!!!!! EHG I can't wait for them to come back!! And the photos are wonderful Rev!

you spelled CRISIS wrong. you should probably use spell check before youre allowed to speak.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 27,2009 1:48am

toggletoggle post by DJDJDJDJDJDJ at Oct 27,2009 1:44pm
Thanks guys!

yah, the sound was literally PERFECT in the club. last show i was at was Repulsion, Pig Destroyer and Brutal Truth in Brooklyn and the sound was like forks going into my ears. last night was 100000%. it sounded like the recordings being played at 200 decibels.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 27,2009 3:26pm edited Oct 27,2009 4:32pm
AUTOPSY_666 said[orig][quote]
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1182813244712

ah, man. I was really hoping for EHG video. Logical guess is that it will have its own video at some point, I hope.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 27,2009 3:27pm
the front where dann was wasn't steady enough a place to film.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 27,2009 3:28pm
nards

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 27,2009 3:34pm
I just want to relive Blank over and over again

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Oct 27,2009 3:35pm
I saw Josh filming A/C and EHG the whole time from the side with a decent camera. I will have to find out where that video is.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 27,2009 3:35pm
There were a couple video cameras on the boat. Possibly the coolest show ever - and I've seen some shit. Not to take anything away from this show. Robin is a fucking great man. Bummed I missed it.

toggletoggle post by PIGTAILS at Oct 27,2009 4:24pm
A mistake from 07 went to fix it recently and my phone was aggravating me then I figured no one here would care BTW grammer man 666 I think your missing apostrophy in your last post...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 27,2009 4:28pm
dwyer spell bad? that's unpossible.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 27,2009 4:32pm
Dwyer's last post in here was a link.

toggletoggle post by t2daeeknli at Oct 28,2009 10:29am

good sound could not have made that show better.
this tour package played a booze cruise the night before + pig destroyer and - rampant decay/a.c.
what a fuckin show that was.

toggletoggle post by howl at Oct 30,2009 9:35pm
I just wanted to thank everyone for making our fucking night. That may have been the best show we ever played; it was unforgettable. Robin, the Rev, and everyone reading this, thank you very much.

Vincent

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Oct 30,2009 9:44pm
howl said[orig][quote]
I just wanted to thank everyone for making our fucking night. That may have been the best show we ever played; it was unforgettable. Robin, the Rev, and everyone reading this, thank you very much.

Vincent
you guys were fantastic

....and I'm blaming this show for me being pretty sick all week, which is why I'm not at Rich Horror's birthday bash right now

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Insane Underground Excrementor
[default homepage] [print][3:20:17pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.32558 secs/24 queries]
[search][refresh page]