New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New medical marijuana policy issued by Obama administration by arktouros on Oct 19,2009 2:55pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 19,2009 2:55pm
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policy guidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday.

Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.

The new policy is a significant departure from the Bush administration, which insisted it would continue to enforce federal anti-pot laws regardless of state codes.

Fourteen states allow some use of marijuana for medical purposes: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

Legalization one step closer.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 19,2009 2:56pm

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 19,2009 2:58pm edited Oct 19,2009 3:03pm
so they are making a big deal over the fact that they are going stop prosecuting disable persons who were not breaking the law in the first place.

USA! USA! USA!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 19,2009 2:59pm
yea i made a comment on boston.com to all the idiots and i think it was deleted.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 19,2009 3:05pm edited Oct 19,2009 3:05pm
the globe has a lower amount of journalistic integrity than the free coupon magazines i get jammed in my mailbox on a weekly basis

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 19,2009 3:09pm
haha yea. they broke this 9AM though, so I was all over that instead of working.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 19,2009 3:17pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
so they are making a big deal over the fact that they are going stop prosecuting disable persons who were not breaking the law in the first place.

hahahaha seriously. "well, i guess we'll stop arresting weak, defenseless, terminally ill cancer patients for using the one thing that alleviates the misery of their painful existences. SEE, WE CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE!!"

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 19,2009 3:30pm
I can't wait to live in a FEMA camp.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 19,2009 3:31pm edited Oct 19,2009 3:31pm
i cant wait to get cancer so i can smoke weed legally.

take THAT justice system!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][2:41:48am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02960 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]