New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> in honor of the early winter attack.....Immortal - At the Heart of Winter appreciation by Yeti on Oct 16,2009 3:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2009 3:18pm
I HEARD HEATH LEDGER DIED IN THIS MORNINGS SNOW.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Oct 16,2009 3:23pm
I understand the appeal of this album but for me, it's not Immortal. Battles in the North can't be beat.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2009 3:25pm
Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism can't be beat. but for where they went, this album defines it.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 16,2009 3:26pm
Dig the fuck out of both the aforementioned albums, but I've been on a HUUUUGE Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism kick the last few months. Can't get enough of it. Before that, I fixated pretty hard on Pure Holocaust.

Heh. I said hard on.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2009 3:28pm
their best song is A Perfect Vision of the Rising Northland.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2009 3:30pm
and if you haven't already heard it, on "Unholy Forces of Evil" it sounds like he says "WOWOWOWOW....ITS.....DELICIOUS"

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 16,2009 3:31pm
I understand the appeal of this band, but I still think they've been overrated all throughout their career.
Shit, I said it.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 16,2009 3:36pm
that being said, that doesn't mean I thoroughly enjoy this album, along with the ones before it.

I just don't think this band deserves the praise they get. One of the bands that had a sweet logo then changed it to appeal to Americans, among other reasons.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Oct 16,2009 3:36pm
I certainly don't think AtHoW is a bad album, I just appreciate their earlier output more; which are better representations of the Immortal sound. The newer albums with their polished production and diminished aesthetics don't do anything for me.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 16,2009 3:38pm
Sorry to poop on your appreesh thread, Yetiony

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 16,2009 3:40pm
i find your lack of faith disturbing, Admiral.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 16,2009 3:43pm
One of my favorite metal albums next to Anthems and Hammerheart. I'm with Yetiony

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 16,2009 3:50pm
i know most disagree with me on a lot of opinions, but oh well. to each their own! like I said, I enjoy immortal, just don't think they were ever one of the greatest bands ever.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Oct 16,2009 3:52pm
Good band and I've actually also been on a Diabolical Fullmoon kick lately as well. At least when ever I can stop listening to early bathory for 1 second.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 16,2009 4:03pm
I did just listen to the new Immortal album in headphones, and actually paid attention to it this time, it has kick ass songs (minus the last one) that are more than just a collection of riffs...but AtHoW is to me the perfect mix of thrash attitude and grand atmosphere.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 16,2009 4:26pm
arktouros said[orig][quote]
I did just listen to the new Immortal album in headphones, and actually paid attention to it this time

you are brave, sir. I don't think i'd be able to do the same. heard the first song, skimmed through the rest and thought it sounded way too overproduced for immortal.

toggletoggle post by mdb at Oct 16,2009 7:34pm
AtHoW has always stuck out as my fave all albums rule though

toggletoggle post by CRICKETS at Oct 16,2009 10:06pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I understand the appeal of this band, but I still think they've been overrated all throughout their career.
Shit, I said it.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Oct 16,2009 10:20pm
give a little whistle

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Oct 16,2009 11:07pm
nothing worse than being too vocal about nonsense on a message board, then shamelessly getting trolled with Pinocchio nonsense. fucking trollfags.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Oct 17,2009 8:17pm
actually i'm still listening to the All Shall Fall. never really devoted alot into the Tatgren albums (fucking Blizzard Beasts was my first intro to Immortal). The riffs on the new one are definately in the vein of Pure Holocaust/Battles in the North/Blizzard Beasts.

toggletoggle post by Paul CNV at Oct 19,2009 8:41am
How is All Shall Fall? I have heard mixed reviews

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][10:32:27pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01236 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]