New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Outside show logistics. by arktouros on Oct 15,2009 2:29pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 15,2009 2:29pm
Willing bands - black/folk/ambient preferred.
Enough generator power a short distance away.
No stage.
Isolated forest space/clearing, way out of earshot from roads or humans or state cops (hike required to reach it).
Strict carry-in carry-out or get the fuck out policy.
Bonfire for light. Attendants with enough sense to not burn a forest down.
Food.

I realize it's harder than it sounds, moving equipment out and all that, just need multiple people to do it. Huge time investment for preparation, setup and breakdown. Charging for tickets would be a hassle, merch sales would not. Invite only, secret space, all that.

Tough to get people out in the winter, and months and months of advance notice is needed, so unless this is a terrible idea I'd like to pull something like this together by fall of 2011. I have some ideas for location but I'm sure there must be an ideal one, central New England is preferred. No, I've never booked a show.

Would people be into this? This would essentially be a collective effort among the bands. It sounds like an ideal show to me.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2009 2:33pm

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 15,2009 2:36pm
no shit huh. missed that one.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2009 2:38pm
ha, didn't mean to be a repost police there. but I really want something like this to happen too.
I have the phone number of the place up in Berlin NH that has an outdoor fest a few years back. it's a great place to have a show.
haven't called though..

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Oct 15,2009 2:39pm
Blag Meddle Invitational and Weenie Roast FTW

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Oct 15,2009 2:51pm
I'd be interested in at least attending but my mommy won't let me stay out that late.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2009 2:54pm
Martins said[orig][quote]
I'd be interested in at least attending but my mommy won't let me stay out that late.

Figures. Probably yelling at you to stop eating your 8 course dinner by bedtime.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 15,2009 2:54pm
The thing is I'm wondering if it's possible to pull this off entirely off the radar. Definitely not near a lake or any site of human interest. No townies, cops, anybody. Total metal boy scout invitational. Also totally illegal?

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Oct 15,2009 2:55pm
Hoser's backyard

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2009 2:56pm
Wouldn't want to risk it. That is, unless you're talking about way out in the woods somewhere. If you let the local authorities know, they shouldn't have a problem. That place in NH is like that. It's up on a hill/mountain and even has a stage.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 15,2009 2:57pm
This would obviously factor in the potential of attendees getting lost but the Darkwor troops would be willing to trail-blaze and leave a trail of peanuts or something.

Also there would need to be some sort of vigilante justice involved for undesirable actions of the attendants - bring weapons.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Oct 15,2009 2:58pm
ha, I work for an insurance company and your plan already sounds like a nightmare. oh well, metal has no rules

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Oct 15,2009 3:01pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Wouldn't want to risk it. That is, unless you're talking about way out in the woods somewhere. If you let the local authorities know, they shouldn't have a problem. That place in NH is like that. It's up on a hill/mountain and even has a stage.

Eagle's Field? Great place to play, but not exactly in the remote mountains. It's a municipal rec area.

toggletoggle post by arktouros at Oct 15,2009 3:02pm
That's what I'm interested in. It's a big risk and a fleet of cars parked on the side of a random backroad is a big red flag. Let's say we have a max of 100 attendants including bands, that's still too big. But it has to be possible, I refuse to believe there's no place in NE that is not isolated enough to pull a gathering like this off.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 15,2009 4:40pm
Boarcorpse obviously isn't Krieg/necro enough for this... but i would love to be one of the weapon wielders enforcing the littering policy.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 15,2009 5:41pm
i remember when pam tried to do this. would have been awesome. hopefully you can pull it off. would love to play or attend either way.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 15,2009 5:50pm
This sounds like something Uncle Pauly CNV could give a good word on

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Feasting Cannibal Biopsy
[default homepage] [print][6:45:11am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.01419 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]