New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bass Player Needed for Doom, Ambient, DeathBlack/Drone band by warbound on Sep 28,2009 3:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by warbound at Sep 28,2009 3:22pm
Amosphere, Doom, Death, Black, Despair..
We haven't official formed yet, but have high expectations. Based out of Boston.
Various influences from all different kinds of music. But our primary focus is to capture atmosphere and emotion in the music.

If there are any available bass players interested in playing in this fulltime or as a session, please respond to this. i'll check this thread every now and then.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 28,2009 3:23pm
good luck bet that will sound cool if you can get it together

toggletoggle post by warbound at Sep 28,2009 3:25pm
thanks.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Sep 28,2009 5:51pm
You should talk to Strep Cunt

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Sep 28,2009 7:03pm
I like this kind of stuff a lot and play electric and upright bass (as well as a bunch of other instruments). I'm living in Amherst but come back to Boston fairly regularly.

toggletoggle post by Nick Ochs at Sep 28,2009 7:29pm
HAY GUYS THIS IS NICK OCHS FORMERLY OF CEPHALOTRIPSY AND IM LOOKING FOR A NEW BAND TO WRITE SIKK SLAMS FOR. I USUALLY PLAY GUITAR BUT IM WILLING TO WRITE SICK SLAMS ON BASS AND IF UR TRYING TO CAPTURE THE ATMPSPHERE OF MUSIC I DONT THINK U CUD NOT INCLUDE SIQ GUTWRENCHING SLAMS. HIT ME UP ON MYSPACE IF U WANNA JAM SOMETIME AND ILL SHOW U THE SICK SHIT IM WORKING ON AND LOOKING FOR A BAND FOR AND U CAN TELL ME IF U LIKE IT AND ALSO I WROTE ALMOST ALL OF HTE GOOD RIFFS FOR CEPHALOTRIPSY THOSE GUYS WER PUSSIES AND DIDNT KNOW HOW TO WRITE A GOOD SLAM RIFF LOL

toggletoggle post by Nick Ochs at Sep 28,2009 7:31pm
I understand the confusion but black people cant play in black metal bands lol

toggletoggle post by Chthonicus at Sep 28,2009 7:48pm
<-- the other individual involved. great emphasis is placed on composing memorable songs with abysmal atmospheres. if interested, don't hesitate to respond.

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Sep 28,2009 8:47pm
For some reason neither of you guys seems to be PM-able. What instruments do you have so far? Any bands you especially love or hate?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 28,2009 8:55pm
Way too many of these bands. People need to turn the fucking metronome to a higher setting.

toggletoggle post by Chthonicus at Sep 28,2009 9:02pm
there are a lot bands playing atmospheric and melodic death/doom around here? news to me. we don't play stoner rock/doom. our music will also encorporate black metal as well.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Sep 28,2009 9:06pm
I'd like to see less drone stuff and more BM. Like BM. I don't have to explain myself.

toggletoggle post by warbound at Sep 28,2009 9:08pm
drone is but a minimal aspect of what the music shall encompass. this is going to be like nothing around here, trust me..

toggletoggle post by WickedCoolGuy at Sep 28,2009 9:23pm
dude bro i got a bass. my bud from nunslaughter gave it to me for my birthday.
i also got sweet 3 inch plugs done and a hella sweet new tat and growing out a new beard. let me know kid bro. ill be at the model l8r 2nite. <3

toggletoggle post by Chthonicus at Sep 28,2009 9:32pm
is that a double scooped ice cream cone?

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Sep 28,2009 9:47pm edited Sep 28,2009 9:52pm
If anything, I think a lot of "stoner/doom" bands need to turn the metronome further down because they sound like slowed-down cock rock/hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Chthonicus at Sep 29,2009 9:04am
Summon the hordes.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist‘s Stimulus Check at Sep 29,2009 9:44am
This sounds interesting. Not many free and interesting bass players in New England these days, eh?

toggletoggle post by Nick Ochs at Sep 29,2009 1:29pm
I;m still waiting for a message

toggletoggle post by Chthonicus at Sep 29,2009 3:59pm
Bassists, provide us with ungodly low-end!

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Sep 29,2009 4:32pm
I sold my electric upright last year, that thing put out a ridiculous amount of low end. 1,200 watts through two 2x12s and it still felt like it was trying to eat my bass amp alive.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 29,2009 5:08pm
Snowden said[orig][quote]
For some reason neither of you guys seems to be PM-able. What instruments do you have so far? Any bands you especially love or hate?

They're not PM-able because they don't have user accounts. You can tell by how there name looks.

toggletoggle post by warbound at Sep 29,2009 5:11pm
Oh were pmable. Wink wink

toggletoggle post by Snowden at Sep 29,2009 6:30pm
Oh weird, didn't realize you could post non-anonymously but not have an actual account. Live and learn!

toggletoggle post by Pristina at Sep 29,2009 7:30pm
I'll do it

myspace.com/evilbrendan

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2010 11:18am
Bump. I was warbound.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 1,2010 12:10pm
No bass players willing to jam once a week? Fail ad.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 8,2010 11:30am
bump

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Mar 8,2010 11:38am edited Mar 8,2010 11:39am
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
No bass players willing to jam once a week? Fail ad.

HAHAHA. I knew it.
You did have mr snowden showing some interest. And in case you were wondering, he doesn't JUST play bass, bass is only one facet of his cornucopia of talent.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 8,2010 11:44am
Yes but he disappeared after that argument of whether or not chords were used in early folk music.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 8,2010 11:44am
Ps snowden: if you're still around hit me up.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Mar 8,2010 11:54am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said[orig][quote]
Way too many of these bands. People need to turn the fucking metronome to a higher setting.

Says the guy looking for 3 different drummers to play in 3 different grind bands with 30 second songs in each band.

No offense Nick. Just a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 8,2010 11:55am
lol

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Mar 8,2010 12:58pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
Yes but he disappeared after that argument of whether or not chords were used in early folk music.

I remember that. what an idiot. Yeah, once upon a time people had instruments with multiple notes on them, yet only ever played one at a time. Idiot.

blue-lulz

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Mar 8,2010 5:22pm
bump.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Distorted Prenatal Ceremonies
[default homepage] [print][11:43:25am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01601 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]