New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Disney buying Marvel for 4 billion by oscarct on Aug 31,2009 12:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Aug 31,2009 12:12pm
gay

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 31,2009 12:14pm
wow... not expected at all. trooth?

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Aug 31,2009 12:14pm
LOS ANGELES – The Walt Disney Co. said Monday it is buying Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing such characters as Iron Man and Spider-Man into the family of Mickey Mouse and WALL-E.

Under the deal, Disney will acquire ownership of 5,000 Marvel characters. Many of them, including the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, were co-created by the comic book legend Stan Lee.

Analyst David Joyce of Miller Tabak & Co. said the acquisition will help Disney appeal to young men who have flocked to theaters to see Marvel's superhero fare in recent years. That contrasts with Disney's recent successes among young women with such fare as "Hannah Montana" and the Jonas Brothers.

"It helps Disney add exposure to a young male demographic it had sort of lost some balance with," Joyce said, noting the $4 billion offer was at "full price."

Disney said Marvel shareholders will receive $30 per share in cash, plus 0.745 Disney shares for every Marvel share they own. That values each Marvel share at $50 based on Friday's closing stock prices.

Marvel shares jumped $10.17, or 26 percent, to $48.82 shortly after the market opened. Disney shares fell 47 cents, or 1.8 percent, to $26.37.

Disney said the boards of both companies have approved the transaction, but it will require an antitrust review and the approval of Marvel shareholders.

Disney last made a big purchase in 2006 when it acquired Pixar Animation Studios Inc., the creator of the "Toy Story" franchise, for $7.4 billion in stock.

Disney CEO Robert Iger said the latest acquisition combines Marvel's "strong global brand and world-renowned library of characters" with Disney's "unparalleled global portfolio of entertainment properties" and ability to maximize value across multiple platforms and territories.

Marvel earned a net profit of $206 million last fiscal year, up 47 percent from a year earlier, on revenue of $676 million, as it took movie production in house instead of just cutting licensing deals.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 31,2009 12:14pm
fuck disney. mickey mouse is a bitch

toggletoggle post by anonymous super villain at Aug 31,2009 12:16pm
IN B4 RICH HORROR!!111!!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 31,2009 12:16pm
I'm far too upset to weigh in on this.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 31,2009 12:18pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it! I hope Mickey dies. I do, I hope he goddamn dies. I hope he gets a hold of some tainted cheese, and dies lonely and forgotten in the bathroom of some bad building in a poor neighborhood, with his hand in Goofy's pants.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Aug 31,2009 12:19pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
Fuck Mickey Mouse! Fuck him in the ass with a big rubber dick! Then break it off and beat him with it! I hope Mickey dies. I do, I hope he goddamn dies. I hope he gets a hold of some tainted cheese, and dies lonely and forgotten in the bathroom of some bad building in a poor neighborhood, with his hand in Goofy's pants.

haha love carlin

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 31,2009 12:20pm
minnie mouse however... if i was a cartoon i'd fuck her with an ACME rake

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 31,2009 12:20pm
there's a carlin quote for every occasion

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 31,2009 12:23pm
so i guess the islands of adventure in orlando is closing now...?
unless disney is buying universal too?

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Aug 31,2009 12:24pm
Cringing at the chance of marvel/disney tie ins

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 31,2009 12:26pm
Marvel vs Disney 12

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Aug 31,2009 12:29pm
Worst news of the day. Thanks RTTP.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Aug 31,2009 12:31pm
ugh

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Aug 31,2009 12:36pm
Who's thinking superheroes in the next Kingdom Hearts game?!?!

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Aug 31,2009 12:43pm
Martins said[orig][quote]
Who's thinking superheroes in the next Kingdom Hearts game?!?!

I must admit that sounds kinda fun...

toggletoggle post by c.DeaD at Aug 31,2009 12:58pm
What I am wondering is how this will affect all the existing deals they have with other head honchos like Universal, Activision, etc. Universal Studios in Orlando has a theme park totally dedicated to Marvel. Does that mean Disney will follow suit and send Universal a cease and desist? So much red tape on this one.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 31,2009 1:03pm
or Disney collects money on licensing.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Aug 31,2009 1:04pm
I hope this doesn't effect the way the movies have been going (generally darker and more mature)

toggletoggle post by timma at Aug 31,2009 3:41pm
Iron Man vs. Buzz Lightyear

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Aug 31,2009 3:44pm
Hell, I wonder if they might fuck with the actual comics and pull the teeth out of those. At least with Warner Brothers buying DC they left them alone and just put more $$ in, so the comics actually got darker.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Aug 31,2009 3:45pm
Venom vs. Pocahontas

toggletoggle post by aril at Aug 31,2009 3:46pm
not a huge fan of this deal. disney is too PC for this

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Aug 31,2009 7:25pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Venom vs. Pocahontas

hahahahaha!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Aug 31,2009 10:45pm
this is the best decision disney has made since signing ICP.

toggletoggle post by douchebag_patrol at Sep 1,2009 12:03am

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Sep 2,2009 8:52pm

toggletoggle post by Kadooganobody at Sep 3,2009 4:07pm
oh man this is awful news. A Beast battle would be awesome, though. Winner gets to fuck Beauty with Candlestick.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Decaying Panhellenic Eve
[default homepage] [print][11:02:08am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01475 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]