New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I think some homo said the drummer of Red Chord was way better than this guy? haha, whatever. by quintessence on Aug 6,2009 3:12am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 6,2009 3:12am

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Aug 6,2009 3:22am
I agree with that homo.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 6,2009 3:47am
somehow i'm not surprised.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 6,2009 4:41am
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
True love.

You don't say?

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Aug 6,2009 7:51am
I am that homo, and on that particular day at MDF, fuck yeah he was. Proscriptor dropped a few sticks during the first couple songs. Drummers have bad days.

The thing about Proscriptor is -- oh fuck it, I'm not getting in to drummer specifics.

The fact remains I listen to a hell of a lot more Absu and I don't remember the last time I put on a Red Chord album.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 6,2009 8:09am
i was also there, and yeah... he didn't really play well. And Yes, the drummer from the red chord played the same kit, with the same heads, and the same mics, and the same mix as absu... but he sounded more controlled, more powerful, faster, and just plain better.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 6,2009 8:09am edited Aug 6,2009 9:43am
yea sorry but i don't see anything special from that drummer in the video. that doesn't mean i'm saying the dummer of the red chord is the best dummer ever but he is definitely better than that guy(based off the video and from what i've heard from absu). its also a little difficult to compare because the music different. Its kind of like comparing buddy rich to terry bozzio.

toggletoggle post by Dillinger jones at Aug 6,2009 8:21am
No drummers in new england can compete with either. This is a fact.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 9:00am
I talked to people who saw absu after mdf and saw them at mdf. They said that the mdf set was an off show.

toggletoggle post by Andy. at Aug 6,2009 10:55am
The singer and the drummer of the red chord are better than this guy.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 6,2009 10:57am
I'm sorry if people here are calling Proscriptor a "guy."

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Aug 6,2009 11:00am
Anyone questioning Proscriptor's ability should give Tara a listen. He's an absolute beast on that album.

toggletoggle post by NateTheWAR at Aug 6,2009 11:00am
Playing your drums like a man near flawlessly every night and being a sweet dude>Having a silly stage name and being a tapper

toggletoggle post by Andy. at Aug 6,2009 11:02am
NateTheWAR said[orig][quote]
Playing your drums like a man near flawlessly every night and being a sweet dude>Having a silly stage name and being a tapper

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 6,2009 11:02am edited Aug 6,2009 11:03am
Honestly, have you guys heard any Absu other than the new album? He doesn't hit his drums hard, but he's one hell of a creative metal drummer.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Aug 6,2009 11:03am
Writing great music for roughly 20 years > Never writing great music.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Aug 6,2009 11:09am
whoa whoa whoaaaaaaaaaa...Absu is one of my favorite bands...Easyyyyy....

also see Melechesh...

Red Chord seems childish in comparison....but they do have a better drummer. Not like it matters, doesn't mean Proscriptor isn't the best at what he does, which write and sing killer metal songs while playing fast, interesting rhythms.

And he is just a "guy" ::

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Aug 6,2009 11:14am
scrips is an awesome drummer

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 6,2009 11:24am
You fruits think Proscriptor is a mortal. He's a timeless Celtic force. Joke's on you.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 11:24am
As long as you are male and have long hair you are a faggot.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 11:33am
thank you for being a voice of reason.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 11:35am
Get a man's haircut or GTFO my country.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 11:37am
Also send me that picture you farging icehole.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 11:39am
did you want me to photoshop it too? you mentioned that. Sorry, my email is f'd up right now.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 11:40am
If that's a pain in the ass I assume MFR can do it. I just needed the top of it cropped so Eric is headless.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Aug 6,2009 12:26pm
I'll crop that tall motherfucker's head off in real life. If I could reach that high.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Aug 6,2009 12:33pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
You fruits think Proscriptor is a mortal. He's a timeless Celtic force. Joke's on you.

Yar.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 12:42pm
I'll send out the original tonight and let mfr do it.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 12:43pm
Yarp.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 6,2009 12:45pm

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Aug 6,2009 2:32pm
mikeofdecrepitude said[orig][quote]
Anyone questioning Proscriptor's ability should give Tara a listen. He's an absolute beast on that album.

His drum sound on Tara is one of my all-time favorites.

Completely natural, almost like a 70s prog record, with how the bright the toms are.

toggletoggle post by dontlivefastjustdie at Aug 6,2009 2:48pm
saw absu here in atlanta and he crushed it, fast as fuck...faster than the albums in fact. the red chord is fucking lame...proscriptor's left nut is better than that entire band

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Aug 6,2009 3:00pm
Ok, so not only have I seen them live, but I just watched that video and I fail to see how he is a "tapper". Just because you're not flailing your entire arms to beat the drum heads, does not mean he isn't hitting hard. He's using his wrists, which is how you drum. I can hear everything he's hitting.

toggletoggle post by JustinSteele   at Aug 6,2009 3:18pm
Brad - TRC's drummer is one of my close friends, so I am a bit biased. I also played in a black death metal band with him (Eviscerate) and there's plenty of embarrassing, gauntlet wearing pictures to prove it. The long and short of it is that he is the best drummer I've ever played with and I've played with some monsters. He's a classic metal drummer with incredibly well thought out parts. The guy from Absu is... OK. He's fast and clean, but really, I can name a few other guys who can kick the shit out of him for those qualities (Roddy and Longstreath come to mind). Brad is just fucking awesome, so there I win.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 6,2009 3:19pm
For the record: I did not call him a tapper. And yes, I've been told by many people that he had an off day when i saw him. I get that. I don't think me or john said TRC drummer IS better, we were saying that he was MUCH better that day. I really like thier records, i checked them out after john assured me that they rock. But he did hit really lightly, and he wasn't under control. That being said:

What the fuck was the point of this thread? To highlight Proscriptor's drumming? I think not. Otherwise it wouldn't mention "some homo" in the title. It's just my opinion, but to start a thread to argue about an opinion of drummers is dumb.....

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Aug 6,2009 3:20pm
For the record: I know you didn't call him a tapper.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Aug 6,2009 3:22pm
I don't think he was arguing either. He made it quite clear that he likes Proscriptor better and thinks whoever disagrees with him is a "homo".

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Aug 6,2009 3:24pm
well... ok.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Aug 6,2009 3:29pm
And since we're all going on the record now, let me say that I have seen Brad, the TRC drummer in question, and he is no doubt very talented. He appears to play complicated patterns as if it requires no effort on his part. TRC is lucky to have someone worth a shit in their band.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 3:34pm
JustinSteele said[orig][quote]
I also played in a black death metal band with him (Eviscerate) and there's plenty of embarrassing, gauntlet wearing pictures to prove it.
LOL worthy.. so cute and young and un-sleeved.

toggletoggle post by madoakdevin nli at Aug 6,2009 4:19pm
brad from the red chord is a sick drummer. he's capable of way more than the red chord's music.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 6,2009 4:22pm
for the record: nudes on ice.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 6,2009 5:10pm edited Aug 6,2009 5:11pm
LOL. I made this thread at 4am while really bored and watching absu videos. For the record if I call someone a "homo". Its a joke...I'm just picking on Red Chord and all that deathcore garbage.

Also TRC's drummer is very talented. A fucking monster. He also rights no music, doesn't sing, and his drum parts are not nearly as catchy to me. I judge drummers on much more than technical ability. Derrick Roddy, John Longstreth(sp?) are all incredibly boring to me for example.

I never expected more than a couple replies to this, Bravo folks.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Aug 6,2009 8:01pm edited Aug 6,2009 8:02pm
Watching Proscriptor play drums AND do vocals at the same time is mesmerizing. I'm always impressed by that skill.

Also, Absu and The Red Chord are 2 bands who play a completely different style of metal. This argument is pointless.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI w/ BETTER SHIT TO DO at Aug 6,2009 8:46pm
Screw the drum aerobics, 'Scriptor is a way more creative drummer (never mind just being in a way better band).

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 7,2009 12:12am
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

WHERE IS IT MOTHERFUCKER

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Aug 7,2009 2:25am
i think 'golden torques of uliad' is one of their best songs. and its amazing on the gummo soundtrack as well

toggletoggle post by Archaeon at Aug 7,2009 3:16am
lesson of thread: black metal is gay.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 7,2009 3:38am
No offense, Grant, but I hope Pete Wentz gives you Hepatitis and you die.

toggletoggle post by JustinSteele   at Aug 7,2009 8:58am
I have to agree with Archaeon. Black Metal = Gay/AIDS all the way.

toggletoggle post by mikeofdecrepitude at Aug 7,2009 9:03am
YAAAAAAAAAAAWN

oh, was someone saying something?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 7,2009 10:14am
RichHorror said[orig][quote]

WHERE IS IT MOTHERFUCKER

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 7,2009 5:11pm

WHERE IS IT MOTHERFUCKER

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2009 6:33pm
JustinSteele said[orig][quote]
I have to agree with Archaeon. Black Metal = Gay/AIDS all the way.
you got the gaids

toggletoggle post by s.axl.beckett at Aug 10,2009 5:52pm
TRC Brad is my roomate, so I am also biased. That being said I havent liked their music as much lately but the drumming always carries it and makes it worth listening to. I think there is something to be said for standing out that much talent wise on a record and live. Especially live, if you ever got to watch the kid play close up he is so intense. He also doesn't listen to deathcore and didn't even know who the red chord were when he auditioned for them, so don't judge the guy for playing on bills with shitty metalcore bands.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Aug 10,2009 8:20pm
Archaeon said[orig][quote]
lesson of thread: black metal is gay.

Too bad absu isn't even really black metal.

Keep listening to your hollow wanky tech death bullshit that no one will remember in 3 years.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][12:34:28pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02080 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]