New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Mayhem Hartford 8-8 by OldSchool on Aug 4,2009 9:26am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Aug 4,2009 9:26am
Curious any you guys goin?

Honestly I do not know a lot of these bands playing. My main reason for going is to see Slayer. I haven't seen them in many years and this could be my last (heheheheh). Grew up listening to them back in the day. Getting too old for this shit i guess.

Other bands I'd like to catch are: Cannibal and God Forbid. The rest? Honestly I don't know. All I know is I have no interest in seeing Killswitch, Mayrlin Mancrap, mushroomh, bullet for my crap... i can't even read some of these band's logos!

so anyone else know who is worth seeing? i really can not stand the teeny bopper "metal/mallcore/emo/metalcore" stuff. also some of the "scremo" stuff is too much for me.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 4,2009 9:28am
allthough popular with the mallcore crowd i still enjoy black dahlia murder.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Aug 4,2009 9:30am
ok, i'll add that to my list of bands to check out. I really am not "hip" to this new stuff, i guess i could go through each band and look them up online and hear them out that way...

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Aug 4,2009 9:34am
people will knock them for being popular with the youngsters but they're actually pretty good. other that that you are already planning to see the rest of the good bands.

toggletoggle post by darkwork at Aug 4,2009 9:53am
Aside from those you mentioned, Behemoth will blow you away if you like Slayer, Cannibal, God Forbid. I would stay away from the other bands.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 4,2009 10:29am
just watch the drummer for Behemoth. otherwise shield your eyes and ears.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Aug 7,2009 10:11am
so who else is going tomorrow?

I'll get there for 3 so I will probably miss this Behemoth band.

A group of guys here at work told me (mind you they are really not metal heads at all) i HAVE to see:

All that Remains - the singer is amazing (them are strong words haha)
Trivium - incredible metal (i don't want to sound like an ass but these kids are posers to me)
Job for a Cowboy - the heaviest band ever (sorry with a name like that i can only think its a movie title, i haven't checked out their music)
Bullet For my Valentine - the ultimate band (what)
KSE - the #1 metal band of the year how can you miss them they are incredible (ho hum)

they don't even mention Slayer nor Manson (fine with me).

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Aug 7,2009 10:21am
I'll be there. Look for the dude with his shirt off kickin asssss in the pit.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Aug 7,2009 10:22am
job for a cowboy is horrible.
i enjoyed, some parts of slayer all that remains, the black dahlia murder, trivium was ok ummm cannibal corpse was good bullet for my valentine was tight but you have to be into that type.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Aug 7,2009 10:31am
OldSchool said[orig][quote]
A group of guys here at work told me (mind you they are really not metal heads at all) i HAVE to see:

All that Remains - the singer is amazing (them are strong words haha)
Trivium - incredible metal (i don't want to sound like an ass but these kids are posers to me)
Job for a Cowboy - the heaviest band ever (sorry with a name like that i can only think its a movie title, i haven't checked out their music)
Bullet For my Valentine - the ultimate band (what)
KSE - the #1 metal band of the year how can you miss them they are incredible (ho hum)

wow, these guys you know must be retarded.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Aug 7,2009 10:32am
I will be there

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Aug 7,2009 11:54am
well they are youngsters/interns. maybe 22 or so... they need some education.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Aug 7,2009 2:19pm
I thought this was about the BAND mayhem and got excited. Then I opened the thread and was deeply saddened.

toggletoggle post by ryanplegics  at Aug 7,2009 2:24pm
Pires said[orig][quote]
I thought this was about the BAND mayhem and got excited. Then I opened the thread and was deeply saddened.

same here. boo.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2009 2:43pm
ryanplegics said[orig][quote]
Pires said[orig][quote]

same here. boo.
Ditto.. like a million times.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Aug 7,2009 4:05pm
Pires said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by TiredBS at Aug 9,2009 9:15am
one of the worst shows i've been to. the people here were idiotic drunks, dis-respectful, and thought B for my Shit was better than Iron Maiden!?!?!??!?!? yeah kids were actually saying this around me. did not have a good time, slayer was not bad but the fools abound pissed me off. lots of guys with shirts off looking to fight... Kreator was so much more better...the people were just cool. fuck this tour

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 9,2009 11:20am
much more better.. heh.

toggletoggle post by OldSchool at Aug 11,2009 8:45am
yeah i was in the lawn area even though i had seats for the main stage, it was pretty bad. i didn't even bother to go "inside" for bullet for my horrible or killswitch is gay. the crowd was terrible, lots of fighting going on with the teens. during kse holy diver everyone around me was freaking out cheering going looney. one 16 something girl was actually yelling, "This is my favorite killswitch song oh my god eeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!" i was near the pit and it was a bunch of guys with their shirts off a kid was yelling "come on, who wants to take me come on you pussies" yeah that's fun...

during slayer after the 3rd song i had to get out of the seating area, could not hear anything. went to the lawn and it sounded a lot better. it looked like more people were there for slayer.

i did check out Behemoth and they weren't bad. the crowd was better for them. black dali ehhh... skipped the rest of the bands got food hung out with friends...saw can corp and they were pretty good even though the songs start sounding the same after a bit.

overall it wasn't the best show.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Aug 11,2009 8:49am
Shouldve just gone to see mayhem instead.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][9:38:46pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01187 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]