New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> King Fowley had a stroke by eddie on Mar 25,2004 11:04pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by eddie  at Mar 25,2004 11:04pm
http://www.upthetombstones.com/news.shtml

King's medical problems have taken an unfortunate turn for the worse. This past Friday (March 19) he was admitted to Arlington Hospital for what appears to be a mild stroke. The stroke seems to be related to the blood clot condition he's had for the past 2 years. Doctors won't know for sure until a PET scan is conducted on Monday. He is however, expected to make a full recovery with the help of some long term rehabilitation. While this will certainly put the bands upcoming activities on hold (new album, live appearances, etc.), the most important issue is his health and surviving this ordeal. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

The results of King's PET scan ceme in today. Here's what we know so far. It was a mild stroke, and was brought on by a blood clot in his brain that was about the size of a walnut!

The doctors are going to do an electrocardiogram tomorrow to see what's wrong with his blood that causes him to keep getting blood clots. This latest clot doesn't seem to be related to the one he got in 2002. They think it might be a genetic mutation of some sorts, but won't know until the results of the test.

What the doctors are afraid of, is that if he gets another blood clot in the future it might be fatal. They're looking at either long term cumatin treatment or another treatment which I can't remember right now (it's not as powerful as cumatin). The only problem with that is that it would make his blood so thin that if he was in an accident where there was blood loss, he wouldn't be able to stop bleeding.

King will regain about 95% of what he had before the stroke with the help of therapy. If you're wondering about the 5% that is unrecoverable, it's mostly advanced hand/eye coordination tasks like threading a needle, for instance.

Today he spent a lot of time with the occupational therapist. She was having him do simple coordination exercises like putting his thumb and his finger together, drawing circles, touching his nose, etc. By the end of the day he was pretty exhausted from it all.

The left side of his face is apparently looking a lot better. Not as swollen. The doctors couldn't give any idea of how long the therapy is going to last. As for his stay in the hospital, they're expecting him to be released by this weekend.

The well wishes have been conveyed to him, and he's very appreciative of all the support.

I should know late tomorrow what the results of the electrocardiogram are. As usual I'll relay the message here to you all.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Mar 25,2004 11:08pm
King is the vocalist for Deceased for those of you that don't know.

This really sucks...

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 26,2004 2:45pm
I am not surprised. I used to party with him and Vince Matthews(ex-sadistic torment,current Dying Fetus singer). There was one time we all had to crawl out his garage window because his mom caught us partying in his house. That is funny because he was like 30 something living with his mom.She would scream, King, what are you doing down there? He'd be like "oh shit ",thats my mom dudes.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 26,2004 6:23pm
morkul said:
I am not surprised. I used to party with him and Vince Matthews(ex-sadistic torment,current Dying Fetus singer). There was one time we all had to crawl out his garage window because his mom caught us partying in his house. That is funny because he was like 30 something living with his mom.She would scream, King, what are you doing down there? He'd be like "oh shit ",thats my mom dudes.

Hahaha. Thats so me!

Sucks for King though. I love Deceased!

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 26,2004 6:50pm
hahahahahahahahaha...the good ole days

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 26,2004 8:06pm
you have a thing with crawling out of windows, huh?

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 26,2004 10:07pm
I was born during the wrong decade.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][8:02:26pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00909 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]