New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> If you voted for Obama by Conservationist on Jul 21,2009 4:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 21,2009 4:40pm

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 21,2009 4:44pm
what if you voted for him knowing that we wouldn't be farting puppies and ice cream?

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 21,2009 4:47pm
pwnt how?

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 21,2009 4:51pm
I would've just posted every video of him taking up Bush policies as his own and then a video of David Axelrod saying Obama hadn't ruled out a tax increase to pay for programs.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 21,2009 4:58pm
I just want to be able to murder children at will.

fuck everything else.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 21,2009 4:59pm
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
what if you voted for him knowing that we wouldn't be farting puppies and ice cream?

Fucking seriously.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 21,2009 5:00pm
Too bad we didn't get that dream team of McCain/Palin! Shucks.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 21,2009 5:09pm
pam said[orig][quote]

hah, right, I wonder what these experts on political happenings (that grace the RTTP forum with their teachings) would be saying if that were the case?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 21,2009 5:12pm
this is america and it's going down the shitter no matter who you voted for. we were all pwnt before obama took office and we'll be pwnt when he leaves office.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jul 21,2009 5:22pm
I voted Hitler. Fuck all y'all.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 21,2009 8:03pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
this is america and it's going down the shitter no matter who you voted for. we were all pwnt before obama took office and we'll be pwnt when he leaves office.

GIVE UP NOW!

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 22,2009 3:36pm
pump

toggletoggle post by STFU at Jul 22,2009 4:25pm
He's president so shut the fuck up dude...I didnt vote for him because i thought he'd make things better instantly or maybe ever. I put up with 8 years of that other asshole. We were fucked from the git-go either way. Im sick of these winey cunts bitching and moaning about something that would never have been fixed in the first place. Every great civilization falls. You are a cocksucker and are still bitter about something you lost. Fuck you. Seriously whens your name gonna be in the obituary ignorant prick.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jul 22,2009 4:26pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 22,2009 4:59pm
Well said stfu, these motherfuckers need to move the fuck on!!! The guy has been in office for only 6 months, give him a fucking break!!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 22,2009 5:02pm
I've never seen people so THRILLED and excited for any sign of presidential failure. Way to do the exact opposite of what you told the left to do for the last 8 years.

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY PRESIDENT RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 22,2009 5:04pm
they should at least let us vote on which banks are gonna rape us for the next decade

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jul 22,2009 7:22pm
STFU said[orig][quote]
He's president so shut the fuck up dude...I didnt vote for him because i thought he'd make things better instantly or maybe ever. I put up with 8 years of that other asshole. We were fucked from the git-go either way. Im sick of these winey cunts bitching and moaning about something that would never have been fixed in the first place. Every great civilization falls. You are a cocksucker and are still bitter about something you lost. Fuck you. Seriously whens your name gonna be in the obituary ignorant prick.

Wow...sounds incredibly familiar to the whining that went on while Bush was in office.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jul 22,2009 7:23pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]
Well said stfu, these motherfuckers need to move the fuck on!!! The guy has been in office for only 6 months, give him a fucking break!!

Again....same thing when Bush was in office....you retards are not only hypocrits...you're actually amusing.

toggletoggle post by STFU at Jul 22,2009 7:46pm
I kept my mouth shut when that retard was president. its not like he stole the election or anything though.I put up with his shit. and the shit he pulled was basis for fucking impeachment. He can honestly be charged with mass homocide. but this guy doesnt make you happy so im gonna hear people bitch for 4 years.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 22,2009 7:50pm
Enjoy massive inflation and unsustainable debt that lasts for multiple generations. Do you really think taxing rich people will pay for it?

toggletoggle post by STFU at Jul 22,2009 7:53pm
arent we already at that point?

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 22,2009 7:57pm
I held my nose for Bush and defended him where I thought he wasn't at fault, but his spending was too much. Obama has currently added and is planning to add more to the deficit than every single president. We're about to experience what Japan did in the 90's, but instead of lost decade it's going to be lost generation.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Jul 22,2009 8:00pm
if you dont have anything nice to say, just kill yourself.

i can give a fuck less about politics, but i will say this: BLACK PRESIDENT, FTW!

lolz0rz

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 22,2009 8:35pm
the system is failed.

toggletoggle post by Pussy Eater at Jul 22,2009 8:42pm
I love Bush.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 22,2009 8:46pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Way to do the exact opposite of what you told the left to do for the last 8 years.

I did that? Really?

I don't think so.

I reserve the right to criticize the corrupt idiot people elected only because:
(a) He's black
(b) He's not Bush

toggletoggle post by Pussy Eater at Jul 22,2009 9:09pm
If you guys were smart you would realize American government has been dead since, well, after about 5 presidents.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 22,2009 9:17pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]
Way to do the exact opposite of what you told the left to do for the last 8 years.

I did that? Really?

I don't think so.

I reserve the right to criticize the corrupt idiot people elected only because:
(a) He's black
(b) He's not Bush

He got elected because people wanted change not the same bullshit your candidate McCain was going to bring

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Jul 22,2009 9:36pm
Zyklon...you're still popping zits, your opinion doesn't count. You haven't paid a single red penny in taxes ever so STFU already.

Isn't there a Chutes and Ladders message board that you should be trolling about now?

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 22,2009 9:55pm
You don't know shit motherfucker

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 22,2009 10:00pm
Do you gaylords honestly believe that we'd be in a better situation if McCain/Palin were elected?

If you do, then that belief pretty much speaks for itself.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jul 22,2009 10:05pm
im beginning to think it was a set up.... like seriously all they had to do was interview those assholes to realize no one would like them. Mcain's ugly as fuck and Palin is dumb a a turd. They knew it would be a blow out.

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood@Work at Jul 22,2009 10:21pm
my conspiracy theory of the day goes like this:

1) the US's chief competition and threat in the next two decades is China
2) China has spent the last 15 years establishing a foothold in Africa
3) Since the economies of China and India have improved, it is now costing corporations more money to outsource to Asia
4) Africa is the next largest source of cheap labor. The amount of skilled workers on the continent is growing every year.
5) Africa is filled with untapped natural resources (re: oil)
6) Since China has already blocked US expansion in Africa in several key countries, the US needs a way to win back territories for US corporations to exploit
7) What better way to win the hearts and minds of a continent than have the son of a Kenyan immigrant become president of the most powerful country in the world?
8) The powers that be set things up so that Obama would win to make sure that the United States had a strong position in Africa to counter balance the threat posed by China

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 22,2009 10:42pm
People who think the president solely runs the U.S. = lol

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 22,2009 11:11pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

x2 sir.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 22,2009 11:13pm
DrewBlood@Work said[orig][quote]
my conspiracy theory of the day goes like this:

1) the US's chief competition and threat in the next two decades is China
2) China has spent the last 15 years establishing a foothold in Africa
3) Since the economies of China and India have improved, it is now costing corporations more money to outsource to Asia
4) Africa is the next largest source of cheap labor. The amount of skilled workers on the continent is growing every year.
5) Africa is filled with untapped natural resources (re: oil)
6) Since China has already blocked US expansion in Africa in several key countries, the US needs a way to win back territories for US corporations to exploit
7) What better way to win the hearts and minds of a continent than have the son of a Kenyan immigrant become president of the most powerful country in the world?
8) The powers that be set things up so that Obama would win to make sure that the United States had a strong position in Africa to counter balance the threat posed by China

LIKE WHOA

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 22,2009 11:24pm
sxealex said[orig][quote]
im beginning to think it was a set up.... like seriously all they had to do was interview those assholes to realize no one would like them. Mcain's ugly as fuck and Palin is dumb a a turd. They knew it would be a blow out.

palin just passed a resolution asserting alaskas state rights. i didnt think she had it in her, you know, that whole limit federal powers thing

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 22,2009 11:51pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

People who think an intelligent, non-corrupt, non-oblivious (and therefore non-Obama) president can't make a difference = lol ;)

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 23,2009 12:04am

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 23,2009 12:28am edited Jul 23,2009 12:29am
I personally think McCain would've handled the Iranian situation much better and not print a few trillion and potentially boost inflation Zimbabwe style. And bringing down corporate tax rates so foreigners would buy American goods at a lower cost. And school choice. etc etc

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 23,2009 12:46am
PatMeebles said[orig][quote]
I personally think McCain would've handled the Iranian situation much better and not print a few trillion and potentially boost inflation Zimbabwe style. And bringing down corporate tax rates so foreigners would buy American goods at a lower cost. And school choice. etc etc

he would attempt to do that and then have a heart attack 1 year in...leaving us with the that dumb cunt as our president.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 23,2009 1:04am
who still wouldn't print so much money that our salaries will buy us penny candy

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 23,2009 1:06am
sxealex said[orig][quote]

just beginning? i knew this was a set up from day one.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 6:21am
ctb0rderpatrol said[orig][quote]
just beginning? i knew this was a set up from day one.

Just to clarify, you do mean the first day ever, right?

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 23,2009 11:22am
this thread is slightly better than youtube comments.

"this half breed, purple lipped, freak is a liar and a fraud. this bill will not pass. this bill would increase costs and deficit. the wtice illigitamate president (out of wedlock and out of the country) is a liar and a direct result of interacial statutory rape. people are waking up in disgust at the loser that they elected into office. this fraud has no business experience, unless you count handing out blocks of cheese to scum bags from a community center. he will never make it a second term."

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 23,2009 11:23am
who still wouldn't print so much money that our salaries will buy us penny candy

how do you know?

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jul 23,2009 11:39am
Obama was the lesser of two evils at the time of the election. Now that he's had enough time to establish his agenda for the direction of the country, we are seeing the corrupted politician underneath the flowery speeches and hope propaganda.

It's frustrating to me that Obama essentially has no solution for the economic crisis and we're going to be dealing with this for the rest of his term and beyond.

Also, why does he have to have a press conference every damn day? Does he think that if America sees him on TV all the time things will get better? I think he just likes hearing himself talk.

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Jul 23,2009 12:45pm
the police acted stupidly lol good president.....

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 23,2009 12:51pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]

how do you know?
cause the last republican president didn't. oh wait...

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Jul 23,2009 1:10pm
Democrats and Republicans both fucking suck.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 1:31pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Obama was the lesser of two evils at the time of the election.

I think he appeared to be the lesser of the two evils. What you actually got was (a) no change on the stuff Bush couldn't change because it was unpopular and (b) a whole lot of new expenses and failures.

Good work!

I think people were just afraid of the social stigma of voting Republican. All your favorite actors, musicians and salespeople vote Democratic, so why buck a trend?

CONFORM

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 23,2009 1:35pm
I almost wish McCain / Palin were elected so Conservationist would shut the fuck up.

Actually, no I don't, I think it's funny that he thinks he knows what he's talking about and believes he's convincing people otherwise.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 1:39pm
i have no reason to follow policitcs anymore.
can't take the lies, can't take the secrets, can't take this "government" and the upcoming NWO.
we are all pawns in one giant fucking game.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 1:41pm
I used to get worked up over politics. Now I'm just glad to know that all of these douchebags will at least die.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 1:48pm
"I think it's fair to say, number one, any of us would be pretty angry," Obama said. "Number two, that the Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof that they were in their own home. And number three — what I think we know separate and apart from this incident — is that there is a long history in this country of African-Americans and Latinos being stopped by law enforcement disproportionately, and that's just a fact."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_...re_us/us_harvard_scholar_disorderly

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 23,2009 1:53pm
So what's your point by posting that link?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 23,2009 2:17pm
hearing all the sides that I have (most coming from conservative talk radio)
1) the guy was an dick and acted indignant
2) the cop was a dick to a guy that acted like a dick and arrested him
3) the mayor of cambridge was a super dick offering to open the cambridge purse
4) everyone who has made a comment about this sounds like a dick

dick

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jul 23,2009 2:18pm
All the Rev sees are dicks. Is that a good thing?

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Jul 23,2009 2:25pm
All politicians suck. It's just a matter of how hard.

Politics is way to expense for any honest person.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 23,2009 2:31pm
I think people were just afraid of the social stigma of voting Republican. All your favorite actors, musicians and salespeople vote Democratic, so why buck a trend?

CONFORM

Obvious false cause argument. I would have voted for fucking Ron Paul if he had a chance. You're right, there is a social stigma against voting Republican, and they do just enough to bring that upon themselves (see Hoser, Fox news, conspiracy theorists, etc.)

And remember - aside from being chief commander of the armed forces, and power to veto (which can be overrun), the president is no more than a diplomat and a figurehead. Obama commands much influence and respect in the senate, but that's all.

I voted based on issue stance. I couldn't give a shit about anything else, I was putting my vote toward:

- Continued legal abortions
- Education funding, improved science and math curriculum, higher teaching standards
- More troops in Afghanistan, less troops in Iraq, cut military spending
- Stem cell research
- Improvements in transportation infrastructure
- Funding for green research/development
- Funding for NASA
- An economic plan that at the very least keeps infrastructure (that word again) intact
- Improved relations with Middle East, Russia, China (that or plant the seeds for WWIII)
- An educated president who speaks in complete sentences

And I got what I voted for.

Obama also urged black youth and their parents to stop aspiring to be ballers and rappers and start getting a fucking education. Great work.

Obama actions I DID NOT vote for:

- Continued Bush wiretapping policy
- An economic plan that will magically fix jobs and dollar value in 6 months
- Not releasing torture photos (lol WHO THE FUCK CARES)
- A healthcare system that is STILL BROKEN
- More foreign debt
- etc.

But that's what we fucking get and that's the state of things. If McCain was elected, none of the things I voted for would have happened, so that's why I didn't vote for him (in addition to not wanting Ms. Palin anywhere near the White House).

I would like to know what all you McCain voters were looking to achieve by voting for him. Don't be shy now.

There IS something terribly wrong with this country. Moreso than the divided government, it's the willful ignorance of the typical American in this materialistic, empty ideology-driven society (THEY TOOK ARE JAABS)

From that yahoo article: "The number of people who think Obama can improve the economy is down a sobering 19 percentage points from the euphoric days just before his inauguration. Ditto for expectations about creating jobs. Also down significantly: the share of people who think he can reduce the deficit, remove troops from Iraq and improve respect for the U.S. around the world, all slipping 15 points."

Funny that they all expected rainbows and sunshine and free money out of their ass in the first few months.

Will much change within 4 or even 8 years? No - but I'm surprised that my dollar still buys me food, and I go home and have running water that's drinkable. A country with this many people takes a while to change. We're also seeing a resurgence of state's rights and local govts becoming near autonomous - but they still depend on federal funding, health care, and protection. As long as I live in a place where ingenuity and working attitude is rewarded, I'm happy. And as long as states have power and are able to enforce it, the president will remain a figurehead.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 23,2009 2:34pm
And what a fucking attitude that is - "CONFORM" - come off your Internet high horse so I can e-punch you. Not all of us liberal fags sway in the wind sir.

toggletoggle post by HTR   at Jul 23,2009 2:37pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Oh, like that was the ONLY alternative. Keep watching TV.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 23,2009 2:39pm edited Jul 23,2009 2:40pm
Since she's not talking about an alternative to vote for, but rather to win, Pam is correct.

The only winner could have been Obama/Biden or McCain/Palin in this election.

Realism. Sorry, folks.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 2:41pm
Even mentioning another party other than Dem or GOP as an option is, upsettingly, a waste. Might as well throw your vote away. At this point all an election has become is people throwing their vote in the opposite direction of the candidate they don't like. Many Dems and independents didn't want Obama in office but would rather him than McCain/Palin.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Jul 23,2009 3:02pm
Guess it's time to gloat.

I wrote in my vote.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 23,2009 3:10pm
darkwornli said[orig][quote]

<3

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 23,2009 3:11pm
Laughs at all 3rd parties like the aliens in the simpsons.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 23,2009 3:11pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]

<3

that's my jam

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 3:16pm
abortion is just wrong. you guys make me sick. killing embryos. god.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 23,2009 3:17pm
mmmmmmmmmm...I want them inside me.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 23,2009 3:21pm
Laughs at all 3rd parties like the aliens in the simpsons.

KODOS AND KANG

heathen

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 23,2009 3:24pm
the only thing that can happen at this point to steer us in the right direction is if Thomas Jefferson rises up as a zombie and summons all other influential folk from the era when America had meaning and overthrows everything. he wouldn't even disgrace his teeth by eating the brains of the current office dwellers, there would be absolutely no gain.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 3:24pm
Crowley, 42, said he won't apologize. And his union has expressed "full and unqualified" support for him.

On Thursday, he told WBZ that Gates verbally assailed him. The police report says Crowley asked Gates to talk outside, to which he responded "Yeah, I'll speak with your mama outside."

"There was a lot of yelling, there was references to my mother, something you woulnd't expect from anybody that should be grateful that you're there investigating a report of a crime in progress let alone a Harvard University professor," Crowley said Thursday.

Fellow officers, black and white, say he is well-liked and respected on the force. Crowley was a campus police officer at Brandeis University in July 1993 when he administered CPR trying to save the life of former Boston Celtics player Reggie Lewis. Lewis, who was black, collapsed and died during an off-season workout.

Gates' supporters maintain his arrest was a case of racial profiling. Officers were called to the home by a woman who said she saw "two black males with backpacks" trying to break in the front door. Gates has said he arrived home from an overseas trip and the door was jammed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/ap_on_...re_us/us_harvard_scholar_disorderly

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 3:25pm
Thomas Jefferson is still alive. In paper form called the Constitution. Everyone just ignores him though.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 3:26pm
Remember Thomas Jefferson?! He's BACK! In paper form!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 23,2009 3:26pm
he should come back in Pog form.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jul 23,2009 3:26pm
hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 3:26pm
I actually think I have a founding fathers Pog ahhahah

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 3:28pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I actually think I have a founding fathers Pog ahhahah

DO WANT!

Does this mean that the founding fathers slam?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 23,2009 3:29pm
For what it's worth, Reggie Lewis didn't live.

This guy may not be a racist. But way to not save Reggie Lewis's life, pussy.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 3:29pm
oh yea Sac. forgot to thank you for buying that shot last week

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 3:30pm

CONFORM

Obvious false cause argument.

No offense, but most people are sheep, and vote because they sway in the breeze.

Keep in mind I spent over half my life as a liberal... it takes some effort to get outside of the mental ghetto of social thinking, and see more of reality.

I don't hold it against anyone.

But do I think John McCain would have made a better president?

Yes, I do -- of two bad options.

Obama is a known glad-hander in a super-corrupt political machine. There is 0% doubt he is not only corrupt but savvy enough to be looking to hide it at all times. He's a shithead and a bad guy to have in office.

McCain is boring, but a diplomat with good intentions and a good record. I would rather have him representing us. As Obama becomes further clueless, watch world and national stability lessen.

You have to look at this shit on the fifty year or hundred year plan. By that token, I don't think GWB will come across as bad. Katrina wasn't his fault; it was if anything the fault of the mental defectives in New Orleans. The war in Iraq is a blip on the radar, although the media moaned about it like the death of baby Jesus himself. He was aggressive, so people complained, but it did keep the peace, and kept people not wanting to fuck with the USA.

The current recession is a natural part of the boom-bust cycle, exacerbated somewhat by Clinton's easy money policies.

If you look at politics like a historian, you can see past the hysteria of people with not enough to do toward the demands of real politics, which is a game of power and balance.

Things that concern me:
- USA debt bubble(s)
- Overpopulation
- Nuclear proliferation
- Russia and China
- Lack of competitiveness in USA schooling

Everything else is window dressing. Amount Obama is going to fix any of the above: -25%, approximately.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 3:30pm
It's ok. I don't remember!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 23,2009 3:30pm
SAVE REGGIE LEWIS'S LIFE OR YOU ARE A PUSSY?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jul 23,2009 3:30pm
where the hell was this stupid cop when lenny bias died?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jul 23,2009 3:31pm
This thread needs less conservationist and more talk about pogs and booze.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 23,2009 3:42pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Obama was the lesser of two evils at the time of the election.

I think he appeared to be the lesser of the two evils. What you actually got was (a) no change on the stuff Bush couldn't change because it was unpopular and (b) a whole lot of new expenses and failures.

Good work!

Oh that left-right paradigm, in full effect.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 3:55pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

It's fucking stupid. The problem is that people are basically biased toward leftist ideas, even if they like them in conservative clothing. And so the decay accumulates... the Democrats are as right-wing as the Republican, just in different ways to make the product stand out.

Obama for example seems cool with monitoring US citizens. What kind of real leftist would stand for that shit? Honest right-wing politicians are straightforward about removing dissident elements that are threatening, and leaving the rest.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 23,2009 3:57pm

Things that concern me:
- USA debt bubble(s)
- Overpopulation
- Nuclear proliferation
- Russia and China
- Lack of competitiveness in USA schooling

I'm concerned about the same things.

I'll say again what I voted for:

- Education funding, improved science and math curriculum, higher teaching standards
- More troops in Afghanistan, less troops in Iraq, cut military spending(slay islam)
- Stem cell research
- Improvements in transportation infrastructure
- Funding for green research/development
- Funding for NASA
- An economic plan that at the very least keeps infrastructure (that word again) intact
- Improved relations with Middle East, Russia, China (that or plant the seeds for WWIII)

^^These points address all of those concerns, and under this presidency, they've already happened.

"Obama is a known glad-hander in a super-corrupt political machine. There is 0% doubt he is not only corrupt but savvy enough to be looking to hide it at all times. He's a shithead and a bad guy to have in office. McCain is boring, but a diplomat with good intentions and a good record. I would rather have him representing us. As Obama becomes further clueless, watch world and national stability lessen."
^^These are all baseless points...0% doubt...

"Katrina wasn't his fault" - no, but FEMA response was. Hey, I don't care about New Orleans ghettos anyway.

"He was aggressive, so people complained, but it did keep the peace, and kept people not wanting to fuck with the USA." - Agreed. But Iraq was poorly executed and could have been done with far less money, lives, and corruption (see Halliburton, "Mission Accomplished")

"The current recession is a natural part of the boom-bust cycle, exacerbated somewhat by Clinton's easy money policies." 100% agreed, with every average asshole receiving sky-high credit limits

Besides, McCain would have outlawed abortion! I know you don't stand for that. Not only is that bigger government at work, that means no fetus for dinner.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Jul 23,2009 3:57pm
Love how anyone defending McCain just happens to leave out Palin as if she wasn't part of the deal...

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 23,2009 4:01pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

Obama for example seems cool with monitoring US citizens. What kind of real leftist would stand for that shit?

HEY...I don't stand for that shit, and this isn't about left/right - I don't seriously call myself a liberal, I go by the fucking issues. I wanted to make my point that by voting for Obama I wasn't 'pwnt' anymore than I would have been, either way.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 4:52pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

Obama for example seems cool with monitoring US citizens. What kind of real leftist would stand for that shit?

HEY...I don't stand for that shit, and this isn't about left/right - I don't seriously call myself a liberal, I go by the fucking issues. I wanted to make my point that by voting for Obama I wasn't 'pwnt' anymore than I would have been, either way.

Too late -- you have two realistic options. You have to pick one and then modify it to fit your perspective. Otherwise, your single-issue voting gets lost in the shuffle :(

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 23,2009 5:34pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]

how do you know?
cause the last republican president didn't. oh wait...

Because all republicans are the same. Of course!

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 23,2009 5:37pm edited Jul 23,2009 5:37pm
Besides, McCain would have outlawed abortion! I know you don't stand for that. Not only is that bigger government at work, that means no fetus for dinner.

Wrong. He would've appointed a judge that most likely would want to overturn Roe, and return matters of abortion legality to the states.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 23,2009 5:42pm

Wrong. He would've appointed a judge that most likely would want to overturn Roe, and return matters of abortion legality to the states.

I like the Republican vision of federalism. Among other things, it lets individual states determine the values they want to have, and lessens the power of the federal government. It's a step to pan-nationalism, so that you could have a very liberal cosmopolitan state (California) in the same nation as, say, a traditionalist one (Texas). And Texas doesn't have to pay for California if it collapses... ;)

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 23,2009 9:11pm

Which is a terrible, terrible fucking idea.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 23,2009 9:14pm
porphyria said[orig][quote]
I almost wish McCain / Palin were elected so Conservationist would shut the fuck up.

Actually, no I don't, I think it's funny that he thinks he knows what he's talking about and believes he's convincing people otherwise.

He didn't shut the fuck up when Bush was president, wouldn't have made a difference.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jul 23,2009 9:15pm
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy Conservationist's presence on this board. Makes it a little bit more interesting. Only if you have an IQ above 120, though.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 23,2009 9:16pm
MikeOv said[orig][quote]

Too late -- you have two realistic options. You have to pick one and then modify it to fit your perspective. Otherwise, your single-issue voting gets lost in the shuffle :(

EVERYONE on this board does EXACTLY that. It just doesn't suit your constant condescending bullshit lectures so you squish us all into whatever box you like and write people like me off as single-issue voters.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Jul 23,2009 9:17pm
Debate is good.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 12:30am
pam said[orig][quote]
I go by the fucking issues.

EVERYONE on this board does EXACTLY that. It just doesn't suit your constant condescending bullshit lectures so you squish us all into whatever box you like and write people like me off as single-issue voters.

The quoted portion is what I'm responding to.

I don't think I was speaking about your motivations (personally).

Regarding how most people approach voting: there's very little systemic or systematic view. Do you agree or not?

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 24,2009 1:10am
pam said[orig][quote]

How so? South Dakota voters rejected overwhelmingly a law to ban abortion.

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 24,2009 2:31am
i for one think abortion legality should be a state issue, not a federal one. if dixie states want a population boom of fail babies, or a population drain of whores who think abortion is a good form of birth control, so be it. who are we to say they shouldnt decide that?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 12:01pm
pam said[orig][quote]

How so? South Dakota voters rejected overwhelmingly a law to ban abortion.

You are a man, therefor there is no possible way to explain to you what it is like to have control over your body voted on. I'm not worried about me, Massachusetts or most of the states, but the thought of places like Alabama outlawing safe abortion (and yes, they would) is fucking horrifying.

But I don't expect you to understand. It's not your body being voted on. Human rights to their body and their privacy are not matters that should be up for voting. The fact that anyone thinks that is ok makes me sick.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 12:02pm
Potentially* being voted on, I should say. Thankful to Roe, I've never had to know what that feels like.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 12:03pm
i for one think abortion legality should be a state issue, not a federal one. if dixie states want a population boom of fail babies, or a population drain of whores who think abortion is a good form of birth control, so be it. who are we to say they shouldnt decide that?

There's so much ignorance and assumption in that statement it's amazing.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 24,2009 12:05pm
Look...I just want unwanted children to die. Let's not complicate this.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 24,2009 12:06pm
Coat hangers up twats FTW.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 12:07pm edited Jul 24,2009 12:10pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Regarding how most people approach voting: there's very little systemic or systematic view. Do you agree or not?

I think in the end, people vote with their parties more than they do not, but there's a reason for that. There is a HUGE difference in ideology between the two major parties, why the FUCK would I vote against my ideology?

And don't tell me any candidates last election had more of my values and wishes in mind on the Republican side than on the Democratic. And yeah, I did research.

There is nothing wrong with aligning with a party, do some people vote blindly? Of course they do, but writing off everyone associated with a party the way you SEEM to always do is just as blind and stupid as voting without ever picking up a newspaper.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Jul 24,2009 12:08pm
I voted for Obama because Kanye West tweeted about it.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 24,2009 12:10pm
Barack Obama does not like white people.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 1:20pm
pam said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

I think in the end, people vote with their parties more than they do not, but there's a reason for that. There is a HUGE difference in ideology between the two major parties, why the FUCK would I vote against my ideology?

And don't tell me any candidates last election had more of my values and wishes in mind on the Republican side than on the Democratic. And yeah, I did research.

There is nothing wrong with aligning with a party, do some people vote blindly? Of course they do, but writing off everyone associated with a party the way you SEEM to always do is just as blind and stupid as voting without ever picking up a newspaper.

I don't think there's as big a gap as one might think. You may find your preference hinges on a few issues that may not be as structural to the future of a nation as they appear.

I am conflicted as well. While I support the Republicans, I think a theocracy would have to be non-humanist (really great discussion going on about anti-humanist sacralization here).

I like the idea of abortion, right to die, etc. The populist right opposes that. But I oppose the core idea of the left, which is anti-natural-selection, or that we must support and defend the rights of thieves, defectives, criminals, etc. Fuck those people -- get them away from my family.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 24,2009 2:09pm
But I oppose the core idea of the left, which is anti-natural-selection, or that we must support and defend the rights of thieves, defectives, criminals, etc. Fuck those people -- get them away from my family.

So do I.

So why does voting for Obama make me a leftist? I voted for him for the reasons stated above and nothing more.

And of course, even thieves, defectives, and criminals have rights. Or at least according to Thomas Jefferson. Are you going to call him a leftist?

George Washington opposed the formation of political parties. Today they are the bane of this country's existence. Why do you emphasize the rift in the political system by painting everything red and blue? I agree with many of your ideas. But my point is - people would say I lean toward the left, except the "core idea" of the left as you said is anti-natural selection, which I am NOT.

I've said this before, stick to the issues, stop using the terms "liberal" and "conservative" if you want to be taken seriously.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 24,2009 2:19pm
I'm just waiting for the tax increases on the middle class. Did you all honestly believe you could pay for trillions upon trillions of new programs by just raising taxes on rich people?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 3:26pm
But I oppose the core idea of the left, which is anti-natural-selection, or that we must support and defend the rights of thieves, defectives, criminals, etc. Fuck those people -- get them away from my family.

So do I.

So why does voting for Obama make me a leftist? I voted for him for the reasons stated above and nothing more.

And of course, even thieves, defectives, and criminals have rights. Or at least according to Thomas Jefferson. Are you going to call him a leftist?

George Washington opposed the formation of political parties. Today they are the bane of this country's existence. Why do you emphasize the rift in the political system by painting everything red and blue? I agree with many of your ideas. But my point is - people would say I lean toward the left, except the "core idea" of the left as you said is anti-natural selection, which I am NOT.

I've said this before, stick to the issues, stop using the terms "liberal" and "conservative" if you want to be taken seriously.

I think the division between core ideas is important because it influences the interpretation of everything else. This was what I was trying to communicate with Pam on another thread (?) -- that if we don't pick a guiding philosophy, all we can do is collect issues.

Among other things, finding that guiding philosophy would enable us to force the right to purge some of its nonsense, like fear of abortion.

Thomas Jefferson, technically speaking, was a leftist -- although he had many conservative ideas. But keep in mind that he did not favor voting for criminals, or even for non-white men under 30, and that he had an almost Biblical sense of judgment that included removal of the bad. He came right out of the Enlightenment but stuck to his guns on some important ideas.

I'm not even really concerned with the past so much as I am designing a positive political future for my kids.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 24,2009 3:39pm
I wouldn't have let non-white men under 30 vote either.

Guiding philosophy...isolationism, misanthropism, political pluralism...yesss..

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 3:52pm
Presidents typically receive 3,000 threats a year, says a Secret Service expert. Obama is outpacing the average.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte.../2009/07/17/AR2009071701785_pf.html

^^^ heh

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 3:53pm

I'm good with all but question political pluralism. Forks in the political tree create identities for disagreement, without creating an urge to correct the problem, only fight over it -- or so it seems to me.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 24,2009 4:17pm
Presidents typically receive 3,000 threats a year, says a Secret Service expert. Obama is outpacing the average.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte.../2009/07/17/AR2009071701785_pf.html

^^^ heh

And your so happy about that. What's your nick on stormfront? Supreme Racist

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 24,2009 4:18pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]
And your so happy about that. What's your nick on stormfront? Supreme Racist

I think it's funny, nothing more. Go back to revleft.com ;)

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 24,2009 4:22pm
You didn't answer the question

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 4:28pm

^^^ heh

Yeah... that's hilarious. Except it's not.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 24,2009 4:32pm
Oh wait, another thread where people are bickering and bitching for no reason? I won't name names here, but there are at least a couple of you taking part in some "name calling" here that just the other day were bitching at me for the same thing. Don't take the interwebz too seriously kidz.

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 24,2009 4:34pm
R.T.P.C.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 24,2009 4:36pm
P.C.?

toggletoggle post by MikeOv at Jul 24,2009 4:37pm
..ha

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 24,2009 4:37pm
huh?

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 24,2009 4:37pm

I'm good with all but question political pluralism. Forks in the political tree create identities for disagreement, without creating an urge to correct the problem, only fight over it -- or so it seems to me.

More along the lines of an extremely decentralized government. True pluralism in this sense is almost tribal, which is great and all, beneficial for trade, but not so much for joint ventures like space exploration, and definitely leaves breeding ground for...disagreement.

One can dream. Bring on the slow change to the resource wars toward the next ice age - then we'll see what happens.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 4:40pm
BoarcorpseJimbo said[orig][quote]
Oh wait, another thread where people are bickering and bitching for no reason? I won't name names here, but there are at least a couple of you taking part in some "name calling" here that just the other day were bitching at me for the same thing. Don't take the interwebz too seriously kidz.

I don't see name calling outside of someone calling Conservationist a racist. No one is bickering, it's a discussion. At least it is for me.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 24,2009 4:46pm
I repeat: just waiting for him to break his promise that everyone yelled at me verbatim for the last year: tax cuts for 95% of all Americans.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 24,2009 4:50pm
pam said[orig][quote]

I don't see name calling outside of someone calling Conservationist a racist. No one is bickering, it's a discussion. At least it is for me.

I wasn't talking about you Pam, but it's definately ITT. Doesn't matter though, just giggling to myself.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 4:52pm
pam said[orig][quote]

I wasn't talking about you Pam, but it's definately ITT. Doesn't matter though, just giggling to myself.

I know you weren't, I'm just sayin...this is pretty tame for us. haha.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 24,2009 6:15pm

Yeah that was Conservationist bitching at ya...

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 24,2009 7:11pm
no it wasn't, it was a bunch of normally chill regs. But once one of the "elite" decides something is below them, the sheep decide they too should look down upon it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 24,2009 7:16pm
Angry Jim is angry.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 24,2009 7:18pm edited Jul 24,2009 7:37pm
This entire thing is stupid. The shit had nothing to do with race, it had to do with class. Wealthy Harvard professor fuckface gets treated like the rest of us for once and throws a hissy, talking shit to a cop and gets put in cuffs. HUGE SHOCK.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jul 24,2009 7:27pm
The president handled this stupidly. At a press conference Obama said he spoke to Crowley and suggested that the 3 of them should all sit down and have a beer. Crowley should have responded with, "Oh! Because I'm Irish?"

I've had Mr. Crowley stuck in my head for 2 days.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 24,2009 7:29pm
Obama had a knee-jerk reaction in public. Woopee. This is only news because race issues sell a lot of newspapers.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 24,2009 7:31pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Angry Jim is angry.

Naw, he just likes to bitch a lot

toggletoggle post by yummy at Jul 24,2009 7:33pm
Well fuck me for not just saying, you know rich, you're right. This entire thing is stupid.

Speaking of race issues: Fuck greyhound.

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Jul 24,2009 8:21pm
Obama is a good actor.

toggletoggle post by nicrattlehead  at Jul 25,2009 4:38am
Why am I pwned? Because his economic stimulus package has showed itself to be somewhat effective, and economic experts are expecting a turnaround in the next year? Because his original plan, which was hacked by the senate of course, would have returned our educational facilities to the quality that it was in thirty years ago? I am so distraught that I have a President who cares more about the education of young adults than he does about the funds necessary to turn them into mindless leathernecks.

Am I pwned because he is concerned with my civil rights and ended torture as a legal practice? Or because he has embraced the research on stem cells, which could promise a plethora of medical advances?

Because his green energy security act is one of the best policies this country has seen in decades, and could potentially return us to the forefront of industry and will allow us to compete with China and India's emerging economies?

Because his handling of the WoT and militants in Africa and Asia has surpassed all of Bush's policies after the first week of the initial Afghan invasion?

Because his foreign policies promise to return the United States to its rightful place as the beacon of the western world?

I never voted for Obama or campaigned for him beliving that he would turn my country around in a day, a week, or even a year. I don't think the Op, or most Americans for that matter, have any understanding of the process in how laws in this country are past. It takes months, years even, for groundbreaking bills to pass through the senate. Many Presidents have drafted bills in the first year of their service, and after two terms still couldn't get them to pass through the House.

Six months is NOTHING. So you should really just stfu and let the educated people decide whether or not Obama is an effective President, okay? Thx.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 25,2009 8:45am
nicrattlehead said[orig][quote]
So you should really just stfu and let the educated people decide whether or not Obama is an effective President, okay? Thx.

Implication: I am not educated.

That explains the fanboi post full of inaccuracies.

Hint: educational facilities aren't the problem with the American education system. A sidestep.

Hint: the green plan doesn't meet its goals. Another sidestep.

I think as someone said above, Obama's an actor. Bush was better -- at least he got shit done.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 25,2009 9:00am
"[Jul 24,2009 7:31pm - zyklon]

pam said:Angry Jim is angry.

Naw, he just likes to bitch a lot"

You're silly!

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 25,2009 10:14am edited Jul 25,2009 10:17am
So you should really just stfu and let the educated people decide whether or not Obama is an effective President, okay? Thx.

Implication: I am not educated.

That explains the fanboi post full of inaccuracies.

Hint: educational facilities aren't the problem with the American education system. A sidestep.

Hint: the green plan doesn't meet its goals. Another sidestep.

I think as someone said above, Obama's an actor. Bush was better -- at least he got shit done.

He got shit done big time!! By invading a country who had nothing to do with the war on terror. He's the reason we're in this mess. We spend 10 fucking billion a month. The guy is not in office, don't defend him!

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 25,2009 10:31am
mattkings said[orig][quote]
Obama is a good actor.

and salesman.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jul 25,2009 10:33am
all hail President Rockefeller

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jul 25,2009 10:34am

LOL. yeah. He was awesome.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 25,2009 11:01am
pam said[orig][quote]

LOL. yeah. He was awesome.

What do you object to about George W? Let's hear the solid reasons why he was so bad.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Jul 25,2009 11:04am
I just said he invaded a country who had nothing to do with the war on terror, isn't that enough?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 25,2009 11:08am
zyklon said[orig][quote]
I just said he invaded a country who had nothing to do with the war on terror, isn't that enough?

I don't think that's true. Iraq shows up a lot in the places where anti-American guerrillas ("terrorists") stayed and found funding. It was also much of a figurehead in the fight against Israel. So Bush took them out, and now... well, we haven't heard much from al-Qaeda, have we?

toggletoggle post by mattkings at Jul 25,2009 11:57am
Fuck Bush too.

toggletoggle post by aril on the commuter rail at Jul 25,2009 12:15pm
I will chime in now, I guess. Hopefully this isn't too long - I'm on the train and there's nothing else to do (other than stare at this girls boobs across from me).

Normally I don't like discussing politics anymore for the sole reason that I feel we have not had a solid, truthful president for a very long time. I'm telling you right now that the founding fathers would be disgusted by a lot of the things that are presently going on in this country.
But, alas, I don't really like to think like that. We live in a globalized society these days, much different than say, 100 years ago. Globalization is still in its infancy stages, and I think the people in "power" are handling it horribly wrong. Everywhere you look, greed and corruption dominates; it's part of our human nature. That is something that we cannot escape and it will always be dragging us down. We need some sort of global awakening, but not in the sense of another 9/11.
With regards to that - and I know it's a touchy subject for some - I honestly think 9/11 was an inside job. Do I think Bush masterminded it? Absolutely not. The dude is washed-up. Do I think he knew about it? Of course. There are too many unanswered questions regarding that whole day, and most of them strike me as a little fishy. I don't want to go into great detail about my thoughts on that day, but I'm only mentioning it because I sincerely feel like we were back stabbed by our own government (and others). Typing about it on the internet is pretty lame compared to what I actually could be doing. I sincerely wish I had the time and willpower to actually do something about it.
Anyway, this country is going down the shitter right now. And it's not any citizens' fault. We're all hardworking Americans that want to live the American dream. But why do we have to suffer when it comes to certain aspects of life? Why is it that more than half of the world lives on less than $1 a day? I don't think it's something on a micro-level. Again, it goes back to globalization. We are united as being Homo Sapiens Sapiens - we're all the same species regardless of what our IQ is or anything like that. I completely understand Conservationist's point of view about that stuff, but from a scientific standpoint we are all the same race and species, anyway you hold it in the light. I am very worried about the future of our species as a whole and believe that we are at a point in our history where something big has to happen. What does this have to do with politics? Well, it has to do with it for a numbers of reasons. As civilized humans, we've put our faith in our governments and our countries. The people we elect are the people that represent the country, regardless of what political affiliation we are. I won't vote for a president because they're a republican or democrat, but would vote for them as an honest human being who knows how to lead. Sadly, for my whole life, I've never witnessed any leader we've had that is honest. POLITICIANS AREN'T HONEST PEOPLE. Globally speaking, it is - was - America's duty to be the role model for the rest of the world. We are a very powerful country and have some of the best, brightest, and hardworking people in the world. It's hard for me to admit this, because I generally hate other people and am ashamed to even be alive at times. Sometimes I wish I was living as a barbarian in a tribal society living off the land. In fact, that is why I like going to the woods and such.
As I said, I'm a very proud American, but I absolutely hate society, and hate how people don't really sit down and think about what is going on. The monetary system DOES NOT work and only puts the rich elite in power. We are all pawns now, living in a globalized society where most of our true freedoms can be taken away from us at any given point. Obama, Bush, Clinton - all of them are true politicians that are revolutionaries. The way things are in this country, in this world, are so ass-backwards that it is not moving the human species forward. We are killing ourselves off day by day, hour by hour. Electing somebody as president does not change much. It goes waaaaaaaay beyond that - it goes to how modern society is. It absolutely disgusts me that everything has a set "value" and money is the only answer. We've let the banks have too much power, we've let the ruling elite dictate our lives, and we've allowed our government to withold information from the general public.
Do you really think any president is the answer to our problems? Hell fucking no. Politicians are powerless in the whole scheme of things. We need a global "audit" if you will; something has got to give. Perhaps WWWIII will be the answer and help us move on as a race? Something major has got to happen. I'm sick and fucking tired of being lied to by our phony politicians we elect, and I'm sick and tired of watching our proud species wither away. In fact, maybe that's the real answer. I don't think humanity can look past the greed and corruption which plagues us. We're doomed.
I'm finally approaching my train stop, but let me just say one last thing. If you've read it this far, then that's pretty sad.
Politicians don't mean anything. Our governments don't mean anything. Next time you're alone, pondering the meaning of life, ask yourselves these questions:
Why are humans so fucking stupid. Why do we continue to elect phony people under a now-phony government, in a corrupt world?
We need World War III. That's why.

toggletoggle post by aril on the commuter rail at Jul 25,2009 12:20pm
aren't revoluataries*

...if you guys can find that in there.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jul 25,2009 12:24pm
aril%20on%20the%20commuter%20rail said[orig][quote]
Why are humans so fucking stupid. Why do we continue to elect phony people under a now-phony government, in a corrupt world?

1. Personal pretense
2. Poor education
3. Not everyone should be voting

All of these go back to a common cause:

Belief in equality.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jul 25,2009 1:18pm
(other than stare at this girls boobs across from me).

pix plz

toggletoggle post by STFU at Jul 25,2009 4:03pm
in all honesty anyone you vote for is going to be a phony and be corrupt so it does not matter who you vote for. The only real answer is to change it ourselves. If people would stop being fucktards and open their eyes maybe we could change it but people are too busy thinking mccain wouldve been better when we'd be in the same boat pissed off and blaming mccain and saying obama was the answer.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 25,2009 4:12pm
I said he'd do better. I didn't say he'd be optimal.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 25,2009 4:13pm
And why do you think we'd be in the same boat? You think McCain would try to socialize healthcare? Cap n Trade? trillions of stimulus? Raise taxes? Ignore protesters in Iran?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 25,2009 4:16pm

toggletoggle post by STFU at Jul 25,2009 4:18pm
maybe because this country is fucked either way neither of them could of been believed to have fixed anything. So arguing about who would be better is a lost cause. A tomato would be just as good an idea.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 25,2009 4:32pm
When Bush cut taxes in 2003, revenue shot up and the recession of 2001 was reversed, only to be stopped in 2008 when the liberal idea of home ownership for everyone (regardless of ability to pay) caused companies to go bankrupt.

Cutting taxes is the only way. I don't say that because I love rich people, but they're the ones that have the means to leave if things get too expensive for them. Maryland recently imposed a new tax on millionaires, and all of sudden a third their millionaires have "disappeared." So much for revenue for social programs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124329282377252471.html

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 25,2009 5:27pm
bush was wrong, clinton was wrong, obama is wrong, reagan was wrong, carter was wrong, and patmeebles is wrong. if any of us had the right answer, none of us would know for 40+ years. hell, they are still arguing if the revolutionary war was wrong and my american edjewcation tells me that was atleast 40 years ago.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 25,2009 5:38pm
We already know. Kennedy cut taxes in the 60's and revenue skyrocketed and the economy rebounded, just like when Reagan did it in the 80's and Bush in 2003.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 26,2009 2:08am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 26,2009 2:34am
We already know. Kennedy cut taxes in the 60's and revenue skyrocketed and the economy rebounded, just like when Reagan did it in the 80's and Bush in 2003.
If you say so, ok, more ivory backscratchers for the rich!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 26,2009 2:37am
I'm telling you right now that the founding fathers would be disgusted by a lot of the things that are presently going on in this country.

AHAHAHAHA that is the funniest fucking thing. Distance makes the heart grow founder, eh? IRL a lot of the founding fathers where shit bags. History just reads so that they aren't. A lot of them would be disgusted that a negro was in office or that poor people can vote. hilarious.

toggletoggle post by PatMeebles at Jul 26,2009 5:10am
If you say so, ok, more ivory backscratchers for the rich!

Like I said, I didn't think this way because I love rich people. I only want to keep them interested in staying in their current locale then suck all the revenue I can from them while still leaving enough for them to create jobs.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 26,2009 10:53am
"[Jul 26,2009 5:10am - PatMeebles]
I only want to keep them interested in staying in their current locale then suck all the revenue I can from them while still leaving enough for them to create jobs."

You're planning on sucking revenue from the rich personally? Cool.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 26,2009 11:10am
if this were true, then why is there still debt on the books from the revolutionary war? I do agree that taxcuts can increase revenue some times, tax cuts only work so far. if not, drop taxes to 0 and then the government can't keep the roads paved or darkies from stiealing you bike. right now, plain and simple our country sees to have never been able to actually pay for it's self. NO ONE in the history of this country has done anything, but figure out the how too with the costs of now. and even those are few and far between. usually by luck or technical advances.

toggletoggle post by darkwornli at Jul 26,2009 11:13am
<Turkeyslam> oh man I saw pure gold at lunch, I was sitting near this group of black guys at a table and they all had tucked in shirts and shit, looked educated, I think they were studying calculus or some shit
<Turkeyslam> and across from there, there was another table with a bunch of white guys, all ghetto looking, three of them wore fucking grills, sagging pants, and one was playing some 50 cent ringtone or some shit
<Turkeyslam> going "yeah boiiii"
<Turkeyslam> and one of the black guys in the table next to me muttered "fucking niggers"
<Turkeyslam> I choked on my fucking jolt cola

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Jul 26,2009 12:42pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jul 26,2009 1:59pm
that is hilarious... i know if i had been there and seen the two tables i would've called the wiggers niggers too.

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 26,2009 4:12pm
pam said[orig][quote]

There's so much ignorance and assumption in that statement it's amazing.

thanks. im not pro-life btw, i just dont think its mine or your place to decide what people 1000+ miles away from me should or shouldnt do. we got enough problems right in our own backyard to worry about what laws some backwater state in the south decides to pass. just sayin

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMROoney at Jul 26,2009 4:18pm
Or abortion could be the decision of the individual, rather than an entire city, state or nation.

Shit, most issues would be better taken care of on an individual basis

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 26,2009 4:23pm
Why am I pwned? Because his economic stimulus package has showed itself to be somewhat effective, and economic experts are expecting a turnaround in the next year? Because his original plan, which was hacked by the senate of course

i love how people champion the "stimulous" packages as if they are long term and not of chinese held debt. guess whos payin for this stimulous?

oh yeah, and who originally pushed for bailouts? it wasnt obama!

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jul 26,2009 4:25pm
BobNOMAAMROoney said[orig][quote]
Or abortion could be the decision of the individual, rather than an entire city, state or nation.

Shit, most issues would be better taken care of on an individual basis

honestly, for many abortion should be mandatory to counter the dumbing down of the gene pool. but then we're trampling on "rights"

toggletoggle post by Burnsy at Jul 26,2009 5:47pm
Bailouts are bullshit. This is a capitalist country. Let them fail. It's all a result of the banks having too much influence. These people on wall street are "brilliant" when the market is on the rise and when the market is failing, it's not their fault... it's the market.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Fallen Celestial Sceptre
[default homepage] [print][1:57:14am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.09359 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]