New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> DAWN OF THE DEAD by housebythecemetery on Mar 19,2004 2:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by housebythecemetery   at Mar 19,2004 2:30pm
can hollywood pull off 2 good remakes in less than 6 months? i will find out tonite.

WHEN THERES NO MORE ROOM IN HELL THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:35pm edited Mar 19,2004 2:35pm
i may go later tonight also.

aaron, carina? most likely your going to a show, but it's worth a shot.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 19,2004 2:37pm
yep, in lowell

i'm gonna convince him to go tomorrow afternoon before a show

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 19,2004 2:37pm
2 Good remakes? What's the other one?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:38pm
hmmmmmmmmm

we gotta go fucking bowling!!!

toggletoggle post by housebythecemetery   at Mar 19,2004 2:42pm
Dissector said:
2 Good remakes? What's the other one?

texas chainsaw massacre

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 20,2004 12:05pm
TCM Fuckin' Blew!!! The warped it so much and they butchered all of my favorite scenes from the original. There was no fuckin' dinner scene. That was the greatest scene in amecian cinema and they cut it out.

How many more threads are there gonna be about this movie?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 20,2004 12:49pm
greatest scene in american cinema?!? that's a stretch

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 20,2004 1:31pm
In my opinion, no scene can ever top that.

toggletoggle post by housebythecemetery   at Mar 20,2004 4:58pm
Dissector said:
TCM Fuckin' Blew!!! The warped it so much and they butchered all of my favorite scenes from the original. There was no fuckin' dinner scene. That was the greatest scene in amecian cinema and they cut it out.

it wasnt supposed to be the original brother it takes place the day after

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Mar 20,2004 5:45pm
hollywood has to stop fucking with perfection. They should remake bad movies and make them good, like what they did for Red Dragon. I mean TCM was a perfect movie and didn't need a remake, same with Dawn of the Dead.

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 20,2004 7:40pm
If it was supposed to take place the day after, why call it a remake, why not call it TCM5? If they called it TCM5 it wouldn't be that bad, just leave the originals alone.

toggletoggle post by jake at Mar 20,2004 8:10pm
uh yeah...so anyway.

i just got home from seeing it and i must say, it is not a bad movie at all. they definetly stuck ving rhames with all the corny lines, but i could care less.

contrary to what i heard, this movie did not touch the original in the gore category.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 20,2004 8:21pm
hooray for stupid zombie movies!!

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Mar 20,2004 9:12pm
fuck you spalding......stupid zombie movies rule. i just got back from the theatre. this wasnt half as bad as i thought. actually it was pretty damn cool. way better than TCM.

pet semetary remake coming soon =(

does anyone in hollywood think anymore?

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 20,2004 9:19pm
hollywood would rule again if they made just one more horror remake

THE MONSTER SQUAD!!!!!

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 20,2004 10:01pm
... it would be great if they remade Kids... but this time around... they actually made it good. now THERE'S an idea!

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 20,2004 10:16pm
Kids?! never heard of it, what is it about?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 20,2004 10:35pm
its basically this movie that sucks and that doesnt really have much of a plot and some girl gets AIDs. its like an hour and a half of useless shit. the best part of the whole movie is the guy with no legs. i suggest that you avoid the movie and download the guy with no l egs scene off of kazaa or something.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 20,2004 10:41pm
ha ok

toggletoggle post by mycradleofnails  at Mar 20,2004 11:15pm
Alright, the movie was not nearly as close to perfection as the original.. but, it did capture a nice mood of horror. My biggest complaints were the lack of focus on the zombies themselves, the only time you really saw them was when there was another human character around.
The baby scene was horrible, it made me want to spit at the screen, the only thing good about that was the father of the baby, i really like how mehki phifer's character turned out to be a total weirdo.
Over its a good movie and if you're readign this you should definitely see it if you're a fan of the original, or movies like 28 days later.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Mar 21,2004 6:34am
TheGreatSpaldino said:
... it would be great if they remade Kids... but this time around... they actually made it good. now THERE'S an idea!

HA, you are awesome. All in all, the movie was decent. I have no desire to ever see it again.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 21,2004 9:28am
yeah... neither do i... all these druggies and skaters that i know herald this movie like its the greatest thing ever. when i told them it was a stupid movie that basically had no real plot or story and was just crap (except the guy with no legs), multiple people told me "you have to live the lifestyle to get it"... are you fucking serious? thats a "lifestyle"? after i heard that from a few people, i decided that i hate most of those people, despite my still being "cool" with them. god i fucking hate that movie.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 21,2004 1:15pm
it's me, casper.

toggletoggle post by arsonick   at Mar 21,2004 5:51pm
this movie strayed a lot from the original, but i have to say that the opening scene to this version was fucking great.

toggletoggle post by mycradleofnails  at Mar 21,2004 7:18pm
... The opening scene to the original was much better. what beats a bunch of cops busting into a safe house for mexicans and blacks, and then totally destroying them all. When that women thinks its still her husband, and she hugs him, just to be feasted upon, haha.
PS. im not racist, its just funny.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 31,2004 1:14am
bump

i finally saw it tonight!! that was a great fucking movie, i hate zombies with a passion so it was good seeming some of them getting their heads blown off, i loved the part when they were calling actors and shooting them, to bad the hot chick was cut in half with a chainsaw
good movie

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 31,2004 11:49am
I've been walking around making sure that I have more than one egress where were I go.
I also got a fortune cookie that said "be careful when in the dark alone"

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 31,2004 2:02pm
that movie was dumb, i hope they dont re-make day of the dead because that was dumb too.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Apr 8,2004 10:23am
I saw it last night, I liked it. I had to stop myself from comparing it to the original (which is in my top five of all time) but that was hard.

I'll have to think about it some more. I do have some issues with how they did this one, but fuck if any of you wanna hear that shit right now.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][3:43:17pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.03274 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]