New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Aniversary of the Iraq invasion by the_reverend on Mar 19,2004 9:34am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2004 9:34am
summarize in 1 sentence (like 10 or less words) what you thought.
DO NOT POST A STINKING DIATRIBE.
just one sentence summarizing what you thought.
I'll begin.
"what a fucking asshole"(at bush)

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 19,2004 9:36am
economy sux, from rags to dirt poor

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 9:37am
gay

toggletoggle post by norwellbob  at Mar 19,2004 9:38am
needed to be done, and i'm glad we did. fuck what a few other countries think; they need us more than we need them. economy is not relative.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 19,2004 11:08am
we're all fucked

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Mar 19,2004 11:18am
Abbath said:
we're all fucked

That was stupid. I dont support bush, but we arent fucked... what the hell are you talking about?

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 11:21am
To many men and women, staying for longer than they were told, bullshit!

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 19,2004 11:30am
Wee...Bink! said:
Abbath said:
we're all fucked

That was stupid. I dont support bush, but we arent fucked... what the hell are you talking about?

i'm talking about the future foo, i can see things happening.............

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 19,2004 12:01pm
he's hungry for war so he finds ways to keep them there,

in the words of someone from tough crowd-
"someone can say theres something wrong with this country, but it doesnt make them smart"

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 12:08pm
I WANT MORE WAR!

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 12:11pm
you would Joe. someone needs to switch the Violence switch off in your brain or at least turn it down a little.... ha ha ha

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 12:13pm
This post is for Spain!

VIVA LA WAR!

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 12:14pm
Sometimes IT IS the only answer, whether you like it or not. It has been going on for centuries and won't stop ever.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 12:17pm
Personally, I am surprised Libya and Syria still exist the way they are now. I am wicked happy that Pakistan is on the verge of catching that piece of garbage from Al al Qaeda. All you idiots who are against whats going on over there think you know so much because you believe lies from people like Michael Moore. Pakistan is right there, where all this shit is going down and they realized the war had to happen, as did Egypt. Just because you are all brain washed to be anti-america because it's the cool, PC hippy thing to do.
I hate you all.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 12:22pm

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 12:24pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Personally, I am surprised Libya and Syria still exist the way they are now. I am wicked happy that Pakistan is on the verge of catching that piece of garbage from Al al Qaeda. All you idiots who are against whats going on over there think you know so much because you believe lies from people like Michael Moore. Pakistan is right there, where all this shit is going down and they realized the war had to happen, as did Egypt. Just because you are all brain washed to be anti-america because it's the cool, PC hippy thing to do.
I hate you all.

Easy little fellow, I am on your side. I agree and have from the beginning of all of this. Don't worry syria is next.

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 12:25pm
War, is essential yes, but why this one. I am not brainwashed, infact i think for myself... Im not in support for the war because i can't see the point... Granted and firmly belive that Sadam was a madman and needed to be destroyed. But what are we doing now.... Joe this in no way is to undermind your oppinion, i just would like to hear why your so infavor of the war, and i certianly do not want to start a fight w/ anyone over just a friendly discussion. thats all, no name calling and no bashing, cause that all that it seems that comes out of these discussions.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 12:33pm edited Mar 19,2004 12:36pm
That only happens because Rusted Angel is such a nuisance.

I support the war because Saddam is a madman. Between those mass graves and the way he stole all aid for his people for himself and the weapons we will find. Not to mention he tried to assassinate one of our past presidents. Bush Sr should have taken him out, and when he failed to do so, Clinton should have. Also, these countries support and fund terrorist training camps that trained the people who attacked America, Spain, Pakistan and many other places. France and Germany only stood against the war because of all their illegal double dealings with Iraq which all came to light.

And whether you supported this war or not, we cannot simply pull our troops out of Iraq and leave their people practically undefended against these same terrorists and militants who would take the country and be much more brutal to the people for helping the coalition then Saddam ever was.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 12:34pm
That's because everyone is so sensitive.*said with a lisp*

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 12:39pm
these are all valid points... Bush Sr. just couldn't do it.... Clinton was a pussy and I guess Bush Jr is trying to end his fathers battle and in a way he did... I also feel the same way you do about not pulling our troops out, its just unforunate that the poeple who live there cant figure it out on there own, it also sucks that our troops although they did sign up for the military are forced to be ther longer than what was told to them, but again there in the military and war is unpredictable..... I think its a shame that the Iraq's lived in such oppression and shambles that they now dont know what to do with themselves as a nation and they take it out on our solders.... But again this is war......

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 19,2004 12:40pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
I hate you all.

joe, i dont think anyone on this board is anti-america, you can be anti-war and not be against america, i agree that michael moore is a little too liberal for me to handle but he certainly isn't lying about the stuff he says
he just brings a bias that is completely anti-bush and exaggerates to get the point across, he is a very smart man but it's just his political views that get the most argument
i agree that war is necessary not just because it's a redundant phrase but they're is a sense of peace and control that results from war

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 19,2004 12:42pm
davyp said:
these are all valid points... Bush Sr. just couldn't do it.... Clinton was a pussy and I guess Bush Jr is trying to end his fathers battle and in a way he did... I also feel the same way you do about not pulling our troops out, its just unforunate that the poeple who live there cant figure it out on there own, it also sucks that our troops although they did sign up for the military are forced to be ther longer than what was told to them, but again there in the military and war is unpredictable..... I think its a shame that the Iraq's lived in such oppression and shambles that they now dont know what to do with themselves as a nation and they take it out on our solders.... But again this is war......

i agree, it's a lose-lose situation but it's needed

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 12:49pm
yet more of our troops, and their own people will be killed until we get out of there.

us being over there isn't going to change the fact that most of the people over there hate the U.S.. I saw a guy on tv the other day who blamed the US for the car hotel bombing.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 19,2004 12:55pm edited Mar 19,2004 12:56pm
just wipe them all out, they don't care that they kill each other so how gives a fuck about them anymore

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 12:58pm edited Mar 19,2004 1:00pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
I hate you all.

michael moore a liar? you're and idiot once again. he may exaggerate sometimes, but so does the government. they also lie to us. how is moore lying to us? fill us in, douche.

like you know EXACTLY what's going on over there, have you been there during the past year? You just rely on what you hear from ABC news and your precious BUSH speeches that you probably cook up a bag of popcorn to watch.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 1:10pm
Well if you believe the primarily libertarian news YOU ARE BEING LIED TO. It is geared towards making the republicans and conservatives look like liars etc.. If you won't the truth you are not always going to get it. Both parties are crooked and both have their hands in the cookie jar but if you vote for Kerry ,don't cry when more places are bombed and another 3000 people die and all this fucker will won't to do is talk it out with our enemies instead acting like we did.It had to be done and to regret or bitch about is ridiculous because without our forefathers having done similar things we wouldn't be able to argue with each other like we are now..

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 1:42pm
morkul said:
Well if you believe the primarily libertarian news YOU ARE BEING LIED TO. It is geared towards making the republicans and conservatives look like liars etc.. If you won't the truth you are not always going to get it. Both parties are crooked and both have their hands in the cookie jar but if you vote for Kerry ,don't cry when more places are bombed and another 3000 people die and all this fucker will won't to do is talk it out with our enemies instead acting like we did.It had to be done and to regret or bitch about is ridiculous because without our forefathers having done similar things we wouldn't be able to argue with each other like we are now..

We should convert to a Federalist govrenment and give back the power to the poeple and then we wouldnt have to argue about this anymore, because we would be the decision makers and a not a couple of douch bags in Washington. you are right Morkul when you stated that our forfathers did do things of this nature, but realy read the history, we were not the troublemakers, we were the defenders. We protected ourselves, and we did not start a conflict... and again i am repeating myself, when i say Sadam deserved it, but did we do it in the correct manner, one that reflect the demeanor of our forefathers

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 1:59pm edited Mar 19,2004 2:00pm
just because we got saddam doesn't mean all of his followers will just give up. terrorist attacks are going to keep happening to us no matter what we do over there. so what's the point of us even being there anymore? why not just protect ourselves on our own soil and let them kill eachother off?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2004 2:04pm
wow, nice diatribes people...

Michael Moore lies just like Bill O'Reily lies. you get it from the left and get it from the right. that's why I'm a centralist who really actually likes the libertarian political views.
live free or die.

now to the joke:

Joe/NotCommon said:
I support the war because Saddam is a madman. Between those mass graves and the way he stole all aid for his people for himself and the weapons we will find. Not to mention he tried to assassinate one of our past presidents.

Honestly, change the word Saddam to most people in Dorchester or Quincy and this statement would still ring true.

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 19,2004 2:05pm
RustedAngel said:
just because we got saddam doesn't mean all of his followers will just give up. terrorist attacks are going to keep happening to us no matter what we do over there. so what's the point of us even being there anymore? why not just protect ourselves on our own soil and let them kill eachother off?

We started it, now we have to help finish it...... it like taking a pacifier away from a 5 year old who was dependednt on it and telling the kid to fuck off and walk away forever, that kid is going to wreak havok untill he gets his pacifier back.. or you can take it away and talk to the child why he cant have and making him feel ok about not having it.... we are trying our hardest to bring peace and order to this place but like the child, iraq has had its pacifer taking away and now we have to subdue them.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:06pm
explain how moore is lying? what is he lying about?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2004 2:18pm
michael moron made up a bunch of the stuff in bowling for columbine...
same with his other documentaries.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 19,2004 2:18pm
he doesnt make up lies he just exaggerates the truth and filters out anything that wouldn't benefit him, he is not a liar by any means he's just holds a very leftist bias

toggletoggle post by norwellbob  at Mar 19,2004 2:21pm
Sorry... here comes my diatribe.

I hate to bring this up... but I feel compelled to. Eveybody is constantly talking about how many troops we are losing in Iraq. You'll have to forgive me, I don't know the current count off the top of my head but isn't it around 500?

Obviously, I don't want ANY of our soldiers to die. But it's war, and some will have to. 500 is not very many, when you consider that past wars cost tens of thousands.

Also, consider that many of them were the result of accidents. Poor training and equipment perhaps? It's certainly a possibility, when you remember that Clinton spent 8 years slashing military funding. Oh, and didn't I hear something on the tee-vee about John Kerry voting against spending money on better body armor and other equipment?

Partisanship aside, the fact of the matter is this:
GW did not start this war. The first Gulf War NEVER ENDED. Hussein signed a cease-fire agreement, which he ignored and scoffed over and over again. Clinton had a responsibility to take action, but never did. GW inherited this responsibility and, in light of everything else going on in that region (and the terrorist actions worldwide that originated in the Middle East), took action based on more military intelligence than the public will ever be allowed to see. He did the right thing, unequivocally. Hussein had WMD at one point; we know this because he used them on his own people. We had reason to believe that he still had them... compound that with the fact that he threw UN inspectors out, offered no evidence of these WMD's destruction, his defiant posturing... America NEEDED to act.

We don't need France, Germany, or Russia's permission to act on ANYTHING, least of all our own self interest.

There is a lot more going on behind the curtain than the 6 o'clock news is allowed to show you. It's very easy to point fingers and play armchair quarterback, but if you don't know the whole picture, you're probably going to make the wrong call.

One more quick point... this isn't "GW's war" as many of you hep-cats like to call it. Contrary to popular belief, there is not one big red "WAR" button that the president gets to push. It's significantly more complicated than that. Christ, didn't anybody pay attention in social studies?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 2:27pm
On Bill O'Reilly's TV show all he does is ask people questions, so I don't see how that could be lying.

Michael Moore made movies and books where he changed dates, created situations, and left alot of things out just to try to prove he was right.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:32pm
norwellbob said:

There is a lot more going on behind the curtain than the 6 o'clock news is allowed to show you. It's very easy to point fingers and play armchair quarterback, but if you don't know the whole picture, you're probably going to make the wrong call.

then what makes you think you know the whole picture then? I don't think anyone really does. you just said you got some of this info from 'tee-vee'..

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:34pm
Joe/NotCommon said:

Michael Moore made movies and books where he changed dates, created situations, and left alot of things out just to try to prove he was right.

examples where moore did this?

and since when does the government not create sitations and leave things out?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 19,2004 2:35pm
I am sure the government has better reasons then some washed up actor, to not tell us everything.

I never saw his movies, so I can't give first hand examples. But there was tons of news reports on every station and in all the papers about Michael Moore. That is old news

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2004 2:36pm
bill o'rilly also give speeches and writes books.
both slanted and filled with lies and right wing redoric..

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 2:40pm edited Mar 19,2004 2:41pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
I am sure the government has better reasons then some washed up actor, to not tell us everything.

I never saw his movies, so I can't give first hand examples. But there was tons of news reports on every station and in all the papers about Michael Moore. That is old news

so you don't really know anything about him in other words. never even seen his work either.

It's pretty interesting even though some is exagerrated, yet you can still see the truth in it for yourself. 'The Awful Truth' is a good series he did, it's out as a boxset too.

toggletoggle post by norwellbob  at Mar 19,2004 2:44pm
RustedAngel said:
then what makes you think you know the whole picture then? I don't think anyone really does. you just said you got some of this info from 'tee-vee'..

A) I never said I know the whole picture.

B) 'tee-vee' was (I thought) obviously supposed to be "read" in a southern accent... a little comic relief, if you will.

B.5) Typically, more information leaks out to the "legitimate press" after a public figure's tenure ends... hence, we know more about what 'really' happened during past presidents', uhm, presidency than we do about the current one. That doesn't mean everything, but some.

C) Does this invalidate my points in any way?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 19,2004 3:08pm
Never trust a Republican.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 3:13pm
anonymous said:
Never trust a Republican.

Never trust anyone who can't say who they are.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 19,2004 6:10pm
War Ensemble

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 6:13pm
Dave Lombardo, please kick in the rolls please, kids start slammin.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 19,2004 7:25pm
Josiah_the_Black said:
he doesnt make up lies he just exaggerates the truth and filters out anything that wouldn't benefit him, he is not a liar by any means he's just holds a very leftist bias

?!?!?!?! isn't that lying!? i don't mind moore and his books and films are great , but there's times when he does blow things out of perportion, he can be WAY to bias sometimes and doesn't even listen and consider the other sides views

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 19,2004 9:53pm
in this day in age......politics starts and ends everything
more and more is it becoming the trend to take a side and sound smart to support it.
Moore is on the very end of that spectrum...in this case any biased views by moore remain personal....read "dude where's my country" and if you have...read it again

btw: "One dicator down....one dictator down".

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 19,2004 10:50pm
Abbath said:
?!?!?!?! isn't that lying!? i don't mind moore and his books and films are great , but there's times when he does blow things out of perportion, he can be WAY to bias sometimes and doesn't even listen and consider the other sides views

Moore grew up in a working class family in Flint, Michigan which currently one of the poorest cities in America. Read Downsize This, for a good complete mindset of Moore's motivation. He doesn't blow things out of perportion, he exposes facts, many times it comes out as a shocking horrific reality. He doesn't listen or consider to the other sides views because he understands their motives which enforce the bullshit he fights against. He might be biased to you but that may be cause your biased against him. Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one.

toggletoggle post by norwellbob  at Mar 20,2004 7:32am
Wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank wank ....

POP!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][5:04:54am Apr 16,2024
load time 0.04405 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]