New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Looking for a not so good drummer, but that can play fast!!! by spacecorpse on May 18,2009 3:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 3:57pm
Hello,... I am starting an extreme band with my friend Boffa who is from Brazil and he is coming to live in Rhode Island soon in the next months. We are going to very actively seek out a drummer to play in our band and I just thought i'd give it a head start here and see if anybody knows anyone that may fit the bill.

The only requirements are that you can play Sloppy, fast, hard, and brutal and that you listen to true metal and no trendy garbage. It is important to understand why we want to play this kind of music and what attracts us to it's bestial insane atmosphere. If you want to play a certain way so that an audience will accept you and applaud you for your difficult to play arrangements, then you are not for us. If you can play exactly as good as the drums on the old Mayhem album Deathcrush, then that is all I could ever ask for. What we love about those drums is that they are very natural sounding, hard hitting and bestial with the perfect feel of how extreme metal drums should be in our opinion. Just bashing the shit and going crazy. We will never strive to get better and never want progressive, polished drum sounds. NO triggers, NO Digital, NO tehnicality, NO trends. All we want to do is make honest, brutal metal in the style of old Sodom, Mayhem, Holocausto, Sextrash, Coffins, Death, Vulcano, etc. where the feel and the attitude is much more important than looking good and showing off.

This is a serious band and the only one of it's kind anywhere in the united states. Just because I like Sarcofago and they are my influence musically, doesn't mean we are going to go on stage uniformally in tons of spikes and corpsepaint. On the contrary the music will speak for itself and I don't need anything else to dress it up. My signer though, he's seriously not right in the head and has a huge afro and will do some seriously fucked up shit onstage i'm sure, will be a good metal time to be had!

Contact me here if you or anyone you know might be interested in this band and we can make other arrangements from there.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 18,2009 3:58pm
best of luck

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 18,2009 4:04pm
I support where this could go.

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 4:06pm
wow you really mean it dude? I figure we have either a very good chance at eventually finding the right guy, or a not so good chance because people generally want to play as technically as possible and that's never been my goal as a guitarist. I like the feel of the music much more than anything. I like to create dark, heavy, tones and structures using as few notes as possible, sort of like that Hellhammer school of stuff... I am also counting on finding an outcast of the scene like me, nobody likes me around here because they are all mostly designer metalheads and faggots and nerds of course, but there's got to be some bum with a minimal kit we can scrap up somewhere right??? aaah.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 18,2009 4:08pm
designer metalheads .. haha I like that one.

I may know a few people in SE Mass. i'll ask

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 4:09pm
Rev, why where it could go? You are not a good person if you are encouraging trolling of someone's serious posts... I don't care if you do fucky it up because there's so many other avenues we can pursue locally that will be a better way to find the guy out that we don't need you anyway, so be gay and trendy all you want. True, I think blue is the only nice guy of the new england death metal scene. I respect him as a dude, even though I only like his music because it's so overdone it's entertaining but it is generic and sterile in my opinion. Though I do love Suffocation and that style can be good if done well... whatever ha ha ha. Scenester Pussies who have to act tough like joba Chaberlain. Fuck Off!

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 4:10pm
Anyway, I posted this in classifieds, how did it get in the regular forum?

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 4:11pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
designer metalheads .. haha I like that one.

I may know a few people in SE Mass. i'll ask
Thanks.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at May 18,2009 4:12pm
wait, how often would you practice? if you said that above I missed it.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at May 18,2009 4:13pm
[QUOTE="spacecorpse:927236"What we love about those drums is that they are very natural sounding, hard hitting and bestial with the perfect feel of how extreme metal drums should be in our opinion. Just bashing the shit and going crazy. We will never strive to get better and never want progressive, polished drum sounds. NO triggers, NO Digital, NO tehnicality, NO trends. All we want to do is make honest, brutal metal

this is exactly what i was babbling about in the other thread. MAKE THIS HAPPEN, i would do it, if i wasn't already busy doing it.

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at May 18,2009 4:15pm
We would practice whenever we felt like it... Maybe at the bandstand building in Seekonk? or a similar place we'd rent and bring a case of beer and Funnyuns and jsut go for it...maybe 2-3 times a week once it gets hot on track...maybe less sometimes

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 18,2009 4:20pm
How about getting Dwyer to play drums? I bet he's not very good at it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 18,2009 4:42pm
1) I wish I knew what joba Chaberlain was.
2) this is in the normal forum. there is only one forum.
3) i lol'd at the dwyer comment.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 18,2009 4:55pm
Hey, I'm just trying to help. This is a SERIOUS thread for SERIOUS band. No LOLZ allowed!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][10:42:05am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.03093 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]