New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Built to Last fest three the recap thead by the_reverend on May 10,2009 11:37am
Add To All Your Pages!
May 10, 2009 Club Hell (Providence, RI)
and_all_was_silent - 2009-05-10
And All Was Silent(34)
flash animated slider show
back_of_tha_neck - 2009-05-10
Back Of Tha Neck(134)
bad_luck_13 - 2009-05-10
Bad Luck 13(154)
bear_trap - 2009-05-10
Bear Trap(28)
billy_club_sandwich - 2009-05-10
Billy Club Sandwich(83)
debaser - 2009-05-10
Debaser(98)
nassau_chainsaw - 2009-05-10
Nassau Chainsaw(144)
pound_for_pound - 2009-05-10
Pound For Pound(86)
rampant_decay - 2009-05-10
Rampant Decay(108)
randomshots - 2009-05-10
Randomshots(35)
revenge_ma - 2009-05-10
Revenge Ma(88)
weight_of_the_crown - 2009-05-10
Weight Of The Crown(162)
May 10, 2009 Jerky's (Providence, RI)
betrayed_by_all - 2009-05-10
Betrayed By All(78)
panzerbastard - 2009-05-10
Panzerbastard(94)
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 11:37am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 2:17pm
betrayed by all: (jerkys) their set started off with like 4 people in the room, but by the end of their set, there was more than a respectible amount of people taking them in the ears. Xmikex faced the TV for most of their set. He was obviously trying to get on the only fix that he can, sports related testosteroni. Good to see that these guys aren't just the merch that hivesmasher brings with them.

This is the 3rd drunken day of the fest. That means it's going to start slow as people come out of their drunken stoopers. let's see how it goes.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 2:38pm
and all was silent: (club hell) their set was uneventful. A handful of people and a couple dancers. I confuse these guys with some "bigger" metalcore band. The bass was so loud and heavy it killed my chest and rattled my brain. There was a beer that I kept having to push back from the edge of one of the subs.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 2:39pm
speaking of subs... the sub shop up stairs will be open again soon. I don't think bear trap is here. im thinking of grabbing starbucks while I can.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 3:34pm
bear trap: (club hell) they finally went on and it was over in a flash. Honestly, if I had spent a second longer at my car, I would have missed them. Sounded killer, but holy shortness. They and debaser shared all their gear too I think.

today seems to be getting off to a rocky start with bands not showing or something. they are probably with theirs moms. like people didn't know mothers day was today.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 3:47pm
panzar bastard is starting in minutes cause sadist didn't show. also debaser has been just standing on the stage downstairs waiting to play for like 30 minutes. they were up on stage and set up before the sound guys knew bear trap was done.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 4:10pm
panzar bastard: (jerkys) they got bumped up cause of sadist not being here. Good set. It was missing all the fans singing along, but it was still a good set. Bobby looks almost respectible enough to give a job. Almost.

toggletoggle post by guy at May 10,2009 4:36pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
panzar bastard: Bobby looks almost respectible enough to give a job. Almost.

hopefully not

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 5:02pm

debaser: (club hell) like I said, they were up on stage and ready to play after bear trap and before the sound guy even knew that bear trap's set was over. Uneventful set. I get the feeling that will explain most of the night.

revenge ma: (club hell) excellent set. Napalm deathy hardcore sort of like the shorter integrity songs. They did a cover of vocal shrapnel. I figured if anything that would get the crowd moving, but even that did not. I don't think there is a single springfield band that george is not in.

after their set, I walked up stairs to see what was going on up there. I had to walk passed a barricade that should have tipped me off. the door was also closed. I went in side and it was empty except for red-shirted security who where pulling the place down and packing it all away. some guy finally said "we're shutting here down". I guess all bands that are/were playing upstairs are now playing downstairs. there is a significant lack of some bands that are playing and their fans.
they are also doing piercing/suspension with fish hooks in the band/smoke room out back. idk how I feel about that... I need me some safety goggles and a nail proof skin please

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 5:42pm
weight of the crown: (club hell) these guys were pretty awesome. The music was kind of like the good "hardcore" all out war songs. Not to be confused with the metalcore all out war that is putting out albums this decade. There was some dance moves tossed out on the floor for them.

closing up stairs really was a wicked smart idea. there are more people downstairs now. though how do I get a tofu and cheese sub now?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 5:47pm
they have also been screwing eye screws into the ceiling down here all night... is there something I don't know about... someone taked about suspension..

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany NLI at May 10,2009 5:48pm
they have also been screwing eye screws into the ceiling down here all night... is there something I don't know about... someone taked about suspension..

I think that's part of Bad Luck 13 and/or Nassau Chainsaw.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 5:50pm
idt it's bl13 cause they talked about bl13 as a sidenote.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 5:52pm
" MySpace Music profile for NASSAU CHAINSAW DisGraceLand Demolition Committee. ... An outfit of oddities that specialize in flesh pulls, body suspension's spinning swinging and stage diving attached with ..."

toggletoggle post by guy at May 10,2009 5:58pm
i hope someone tapes the bl13 set

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 6:03pm
im putting on a tele lens and going either to the merch area or the soundbooth. im concerned about the sound booth cause of goons coming in from the back alley, but if I go to the merch area... goons might rush out of there with weapons that were hidden in the merch totes, but who's going to fuck up their own merch?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 6:49pm
So every band is now downstairs at club hell. that means a lot of downtime between bands.

home invasion: no show?

Rampant Decay: they had panzar bastard up front cheering a long for them. Good set and lots of posed pictures of your favorite internet celebrity (after chocolate rain), Ricardo McIrishdickson. I might have taken more pictures of RD than any other band.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 7:20pm
pound for pound: some beatdown. Reminds me a little of fbc, but only a little. These guys would probably go over really well in brokton. I went to shoot more pictures but they were finished.

im starving :(

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 7:30pm
brockton does love the tough guy hardcore bands.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 8:06pm
back of tha neck: I shot their first show what 7 yrs ago? 49 monk st ftw! Basically the best set of the night so far. They had plenty of people dancing and singing. The bass player does an amazing swiss impression. I kept giving him double takes. They made fun of everyone, some lady from the bar heckled them and that was that. They ended this set as violently as they started. It was all friends so no blood did I see. their last show, reimroc is next sunday or saturday IN BROCKTON.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 8:20pm
they ve eopecomng ut in surgical masks... laying out sterile pads... how conerning

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 8:45pm edited May 10,2009 8:56pm
i'm all set on tough guys (not the bands, the scene there). i'll keep it NH/MV where dudes at least don't take themselves too seriously.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 8:45pm edited May 10,2009 8:51pm
if it is really their last show i may be compelled to drive to brockton.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 8:57pm
they said it was...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 8:57pm
nassau chainsaw: whoah.. Suspensions, back skin tug-o-war. Completely controlled chaos. They had a line "like bad luck 13 at hellfest, flip the bleachers". I though I was going to hate the music cause of the rappish parts, but it wasn't that I actually liked a lot of it. Theyh had a sampler playing beats while they played too. There was one guy constantly swinging and tons of towels etc.. If they had a blow-out.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 8:57pm
well then i may have to go. i'm way more anxious to see GU! play again.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 8:59pm
yeah, that was a surprise. either that or a marketing ploy. they ended it on top... weird...

toggletoggle post by guy at May 10,2009 9:08pm
hopefully rev reviews this headliner

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany NLI at May 10,2009 9:09pm
Yeah I definitely want to hear how Bad Luck 13 goes.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 9:27pm
billy club sandwich is on now. rough crowd here. not sure how im going to weather bl13.

toggletoggle post by guy at May 10,2009 9:29pm
you'll be ok, you got that

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 10,2009 10:18pm
Back Of Tha Neck saved this show. Im home after Taco Bell. Holla.

toggletoggle post by KeynoteCompany NLI at May 10,2009 10:23pm
Anxiously awaiting a BL13 review.

toggletoggle post by guy at May 10,2009 10:30pm
its about time

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 10:40pm
where the fuck is tb?
it would be nice to get the glass out of my mouth
exit 9?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 10:52pm
wut?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 11:01pm
towards the end of their set what I thought was still beer hitting me apparently had turned to glass. it went down my shirt n stuff

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 11:05pm
towards the end of their set what I thought was still beer hitting me apparently had turned to glass. it went down my shirt n stuff

i had a feeling something along those lines would happen during their set.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 10,2009 11:06pm
either that or a fire extinguisher being used into the crowd.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 10,2009 11:55pm
just a lot of blood and glass.

toggletoggle post by frankie chairs at May 11,2009 12:17am
The days of ridiculousnessness is over for bl13, they've really tamed down their set, and rich knows what's up haha my fat ass stopped at taco bell on the way home too,, thank you to everyone who came out early to check out betrayed by all!

toggletoggle post by justinxxx at May 11,2009 12:34am
to anyone who watched revenge. thanks alot! we appreciate it

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 12:49am
I'd just like to take this time to say I have better shoulders than Aaron.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 1:41am
pictures

toggletoggle post by grizloch‘slaptop at May 11,2009 4:05am
bad luck video. now.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 6:08am

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 11,2009 9:50am
Thoughts on all the bands I remember seeing...

BBA: Believe it or not there were more people there then I thought there would be. The singer of Broken Cross punched a girl, and I LOL-ed. I was watching the Phillies/Braves game (go Braves) and some dude got drilled in the head right before we went into that big slam in Face Your Fears. I was pumped.

PaNZar BasstErd: Ruled. They were kind of out of their element, but whatever. I think it was one of the only times I've seen them not as Celtic Frost. They sounded awesome and got me re-interested in the show.

WOTC: Supremely nice dudes that play with a lot of intensity. Very Pennsylvania-ish.

Rampant Decay: When I showed up to the show Rich was sober. 5 hours later he wasn't. It was like watching a solid gold butterfly emerge from a diamond studded cocoon and fly straight into a bug zapper. Their bass player's tone reminded me of Iron Cross, and that's a good thing. It rivaled PB's for my favorite bass tone of the day, and made me wish I owned equipment.

BOTN:
Back Of Tha Neck saved this show.
LOLz OPPOSITE DAY!!

Numetal Chainsaw (aka Strangeland the band): Dudes rapping, weird body mod suspension stuff going on, huge expensive elaborate shocking shit going on and... OH LOOK! HOCKEY ON TV. I don't think it's worth mentioning that I didn't even bat and eyelash at any of their boring shenanigans... so I won't.

Billy Club Sandwich: Donde estas tu corazon, puta?! For my money, one of the best bands in hardcore. This set proved it.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 12:17pm
They made me happy in a Oh wow I'm at the P.A.L. sorta way.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 12:22pm
the billy club that the singer had in his hand looked like a vibrator. I say that here behind the safety of 20 layers of internets. I wouldn't say that there cause.. well... they were one of the heaviest and toughest bands I've seen live. Pretty sure that if they were playing at roman's, people would be dead. Their drummer has a sweet jew-fro going on, but he was wicked solid.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 12:29pm
bad luck 13.. I pussied out and started at the back of the room. tried using my telephoto lens and loaded a "beater" camera so I could get in close if things were bad, but not too bad. I ended up swapping out quickly back to my normal set up and just being careful up close. there was a guy there with a really nice video camera who I watched to see what he was doing. This was toned down. some glass breaking and florescent lights being smashed. The girl's shirt looked like my pillow case when I was a kid. I got a lot of bloody noses back then. They just bladed themselves and thread a lot of beer. it was like a FTW meets murphy's law with glass, but without the good feeling that drinking with murphy's law is suppose to give. Towards the end, there was a lot of glass in the air where I was. It was in my shirt and there is a piece in my arm that keeps poking me, but I can't see it. Seeing this makes me feel like a total pussy for walking out on the 2004 hellfest set within minutes of them going on. I would probably see them again.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 11,2009 1:41pm

Oh shit I missed Greg Lloyd

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 11,2009 1:42pm

OH NOES!!!11! Tinsel Teeth lost their gimmick.

I wish I stayed for BL13, but holy shit I was exhausted.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 1:43pm
haha, ditto

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at May 11,2009 1:44pm
Did Billy Club do the Brujeria cover? They were probably the only reason I wanted to attend this fest.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 11,2009 2:20pm
I don't think they do the Brujeria cover anymore. The last couple times I've seen them they've done Sheer Terror. This is gonna go down as a very unpopular opinion but I'd way rather hear the Brujeria cover.

toggletoggle post by MikeofdecrepitudE at May 11,2009 2:27pm
I'm with you on that one. Matando Gueros is my favorite Brujeria album, but Raza Odiada (Pito Wilson) is their best song, and the BCS cover is sweet.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 2:32pm
yeah, they ended with sheer terror. brujeria would have been awesome.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at May 11,2009 3:00pm
The BL13 chick doesn't look too bad in those pics. Perhaps those who saw her up close may beg to differ, but the body looks pretty decent.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 7:03pm
Also Aaron missed out on a sweet Rich Horror/BBA makeout sesh.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 7:13pm
fuckin a!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 7:14pm
Boners To Last

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 7:15pm
I miss EVERYTHING.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at May 11,2009 8:57pm
May I also add that the fat woman with the awesome fishnet tattoos that was yelling insults to the bands years beyond anyone paying attention to her was the most attractive woman I've ever seen and did NOT... at all look like she was made out of melted cake frosting and asbestos.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 9:00pm
She made me fear for my life.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 9:23pm
that's funny, I thought you were going home with her to meet her daughter.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 9:39pm
:(

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at May 11,2009 9:41pm
WHOOPS!!

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at May 11,2009 9:41pm
WHOOPS!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2009 10:07pm
I have used this picture like 5 times today.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at May 11,2009 11:42pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
WHOOPS!!

I lol'd

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][8:57:57am Mar 29,2024
load time 4.28055 secs/41 queries]
[search][refresh page]