Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at May 5,2009 12:54pm

NO MOAR ISIS?!?!?!

...also, big lulz @ the Slam Metal special feature
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Isis

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 5,2009 1:22pm
that was a really cool article on Nile. musicians could learn a thing or two from that.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 5,2009 2:19pm
Ok maybe I'm retarded or don't get it but is there really a difference between "deathcore" and "slam metal"?

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at May 5,2009 2:23pm
haha an article on slam.

toggletoggle post by markrichardsmobile at May 5,2009 2:27pm
There definitely is a difference between deathcore and slam. If the people making the music have straight brim hats, skinny jeans and a Suicide Silence shirt, they're a deathcore band. Everyone else is slam.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 5,2009 2:28pm
so image is the only thing that differentiates it? otherwise the music is the same?

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 5,2009 2:29pm
markrichardsmobile said[orig][quote]
There definitely is a difference between deathcore and slam. If the people making the music have straight brim hats, skinny jeans and a Suicide Silence shirt, they're a deathcore band. Everyone else is slam.

rofl. either way its just metal with a lot of breakdowns.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at May 5,2009 2:31pm
i'd like to think that slam has better vocals, and more technical music too. and we just talk like wiggers. deathcorers are actual wiggers. sometimes we dress like wiggers. . .

toggletoggle post by markrichardsmobile at May 5,2009 2:33pm
I was just joking Ken, but sometimes it's true.

Deathcore isn't real metal or "core," it's just a mishmash of Acacia Strain styled one chord chugs with a bunch of filler, shitty fast parts and "gutturals." MOST slam death bands take influence from bands like Devourment, and I would hope bands like Suffocation, Internal Bleeding, etc. But that's just my opinion.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 5,2009 2:33pm
lol this thread is about to go places....

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at May 5,2009 2:38pm
markrichardsmobile that just reminds me of mark as a robot, or mark fucking richards lite. your phone cant say FUCK?! FUCK!

my vocals are inspired by Hall n Oates with a little dash of Tom Jones

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 5,2009 2:41pm
i love tom jones

toggletoggle post by markrichardsmobilefuck at May 5,2009 2:42pm
There, fixed. ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at May 5,2009 2:42pm
i do too. when i hit 50 it's my dream goal to become a Vegas lounge singer.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at May 5,2009 2:42pm
haha yes!

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 5,2009 2:52pm

Deathcore isn't real metal or "core," it's just a mishmash of Acacia Strain styled one chord chugs with a bunch of filler, shitty fast parts and "gutturals." MOST slam death bands take influence from bands like Devourment, and I would hope bands like Suffocation, Internal Bleeding, etc. But that's just my opinion.

Its "metal" hardcore kids can listen too because of breakdowns you can dance to.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at May 5,2009 3:08pm
is slam like metalcore?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 5,2009 3:19pm edited May 5,2009 3:19pm
in the sense that its rapidly becoming a household term for tough guy wanna-be wigger douchebags like Without Remorse to play shitty versions of what they call metal, yes.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 5,2009 3:26pm
deathcore is metalcore but with death metal riffs in place of the gothenburg riffs. instead of trying to be at the gates with siqq breakdowns khed, it's trying to be suffocation with siqq breakdowns khed.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at May 5,2009 3:29pm
hahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 5,2009 3:32pm edited May 5,2009 3:32pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
deathcore is metalcore but with death metal riffs in place of the gothenburg riffs. instead of trying to be at the gates with siqq breakdowns khed, it's trying to be suffocation with siqq breakdowns khed.

lol perfect explanation A++

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 5,2009 3:36pm
glad isis is finally gonna be done.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at May 5,2009 3:43pm
actually.....you nailed it

toggletoggle post by Dankill at May 5,2009 10:36pm

They actually discuss that in the article. Lots of refences to bands like Devourment, Pyrexia, Suffocation, ect.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at May 5,2009 11:07pm
Isis pre-2004 > Isis post-2004.

Nice clean vocals dude.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at May 5,2009 11:07pm
Oh, sorry about my out of place post, I thought this thread was in regards to Isis, I apologize.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at May 5,2009 11:09pm
actually the only Isis release I haven't liked is the new one

but Mosquito Control/Celestial/Oceanic were their best work IMO

toggletoggle post by Murph  at May 5,2009 11:39pm edited May 5,2009 11:39pm
In The Absence of Truth is nothing I'd just randomly put on, but then again Neurosis, Cult of Luna, MOtA and a host of other brooding bands do it for me before Isis, so who am I to judge.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 5,2009 11:44pm
Murph said[orig][quote]
Isis pre-2004 > Isis post-2004.
agreed

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 5,2009 11:47pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Mosquito Control/Celestial/Oceanic were their best work IMO
agreed

toggletoggle post by the_rooster  at May 6,2009 11:23am
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Mosquito Control/Celestial/Oceanic were their best work IMO
agreed

The Red Sea and Panopticon are great albums too.

I hope the new one is good, but I predict the same yawn-inducing dribble as the last one.

It seems like Isis has run out of good ideas, and forgotten what they're good at... keeping it simple, dense and heavy. Probably a good thing that they are thinking of letting sleeping dogs lie.

I'm sick of all this "prog" bullshit.

Murph said[orig][quote]
In The Absence of Truth is nothing I'd just randomly put on, but then again Neurosis, Cult of Luna, MOtA and a host of other brooding bands do it for me before Isis, so who am I to judge.

When it comes to this type of music, Neurosis just fucking clowns every other band. They'll never disappoint, because even as they evolve, they retain the elements that make them great. If they want to experiment beyond that, they do it with their respective solo projects, which are also awesome.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Distorted Subliminal Ogress
[default homepage] [print][6:51:02am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01621 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]