Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> hey rev by Josh_hates_you on Mar 16,2004 12:53pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 16,2004 12:53pm
my girlfriend went to worcester state college for Communications where she had a little radio show and she minored in photography and she has always wanted to do what you do, photograph bands. and or work for a radio station but she is a wuss with no connections and will probably be the assistant manager of brooks pharmacy forever. any advice to her??

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 16,2004 1:09pm
um.. I don't get paid for basically anything you just mentioned...
this web-site is starting to pay for it's self now...
and the radio station is 100% volunter...

basically, if you want to work in radio now a days, you get $6-10/hr to watch a computer to the music OR you are a "radio personality" and get like 60K/year plus apperances.

with photos, I sell like 1 a month... so that's liek $5 right there.. if that.

the biggest advice is to 1) be humble 2) find someone to intern under. get your name around and then you will have more chances for paid gigs. also, do things cheap or free at first so you can get some good xposure.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 16,2004 1:19pm edited Mar 16,2004 1:19pm
thats basically what i tell her. that it is not super lucrative since i have friends who went to hallmark institute of photography ($22,000 tuition) and they have $5000 dollar cameras but yet cant make more than 7 bucks at a portait studio of a few wedding here and there. and your biggest advice is to 1) be humble 2) find someone to intern under. get your name around and then you will have more chances for paid gigs. also, do things cheap or free at first so you can get some good xposure. --- is exactly what i plan to do with my recording studio----thanks

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 16,2004 1:26pm
well, if she's going into wedding photography... that's a different story...
you can make $800+ in a day there.
everyone I know that graduated from hallmark is working repairing cars and other things like that.
all the people (except 3) that I know that went to school for radio are now working with computer or at lens crafters, etc...

I, personally, work as a software engineer 9-5. that's what i'm doing now. that's the only way that I can afford the stuff I do. some day, I hope that some band pays me $5000 for one picture... that would rock.. I would roll up the bills and smear my lipstick on them.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Sensual Cosmic Master
[default homepage] [print][2:15:09am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.00900 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]