New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Went to Funspot yesterday by demondave on Apr 26,2009 7:54pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Apr 26,2009 7:54pm

Dragon's Lair - Addams Family Pinball - Mortal Kombat - Primal Rage - Skeeball - and beer.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 26,2009 8:04pm
I love the simpsons and tmnt games.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Apr 26,2009 8:28pm
When I was 12 I spent over two hours pumping quarters into the original Star Wars game they have, VECTOR GRAPHICS ARE THE FUTURE

It's also rad to be able to play fucking Darkstalkers.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Apr 26,2009 8:35pm
At funspot the vectors were all in a row. I pumped a bunch of tokens into Starwars.

toggletoggle post by y_draig_goch at Apr 26,2009 9:30pm
primal fucking rage hell yeah, red t rex all the way

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Apr 26,2009 9:39pm
LOTR pinball or GTFO

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Apr 26,2009 10:04pm
I remember when Fun & Games in Framingham used to fucking rule. It was full of video games and pinball except the back part with skeeball (no friggin lazer tag!). It was dark, smoky and had games you'd never even heard of and years later would still try to remember what they were because they were that damn cool.

Now it's well lit, no smoking, a hell of a lot less games, space taken up for lazer tag and kids parties and the FUCKING SPACESHIP THAT USED TO FLY AROUND ABOVE YOUR HEAD DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE! They even got rid of the sliding spaceship doors when you walk in. FAIL.

toggletoggle post by spacecorpse  at Apr 26,2009 11:51pm
Funspot rules. Crossbow and Chiller all the way! Anyone see the movie that was partially shot there called King Of Kong? funny stuff.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Apr 27,2009 7:03am
Great Times in Abington... pre-murders, FTW

Simpsons, X-Men, NBA Jam, $5 worth of tokens lasting you all day, cheating at childrens' games to win ridiculous amounts of tickets, and trading them in for candy that you were too young to realize you could have just bought for way cheaper.... all classics.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 27,2009 7:17am
I get all my tattoo done in meredith, so I make sure hit up tha 'spot once a month when I go up to get work done. That place has been a mainstay in my life since I was a wee tyke.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 27,2009 7:23am
this place rules. i spend most, if not all of my money on Tetris and Dr. Mario. my friend is the only person i know who has beaten Super Mario Bros. in the arcade.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Apr 27,2009 8:15am
free wifi hotspot!

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 27,2009 8:22am
HOLY SHIT! Funspot was the bee's knees when I was a kid

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Apr 27,2009 8:24am
Funspot rules.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Apr 27,2009 9:54am
yup, definitely my favorite spot while on vacation. I did some acid there last summer and told a kid his parents hate him, and that they would die soon leaving him all alone in the world. He beat me a round in Street Fighter 2...

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Apr 27,2009 10:03am
that was the best story ever told

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Apr 27,2009 10:34am
that's where the supposedly possessed Donkey Kong arcade is, the one from "King of Kong: A Fistful of Dollars".

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 27,2009 10:38am
I never found anything possessed about it, cept that whole part about DK telling me he was going to swallow my soul.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Apr 27,2009 10:49am
speaking of possessed pinball, have any of you ever played "Funhouse" with the talking chucky head taunting you constantly? That always freaked me out as a kid.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Apr 27,2009 10:57am
Damn right. That one and pinbot scared the shit out of me when I was little. I just stuck to the KISS pinball machine.

toggletoggle post by Dr. Sphincto at Apr 27,2009 11:35am
rolling thunder and when you lose the green devil dude laughs at you

toggletoggle post by SteveSummoned   at Apr 27,2009 11:59am
I make sure to go to Fun Spot every year and spend hours in the classic arcade section...amazing.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Apr 27,2009 1:42pm
Playing YO! NOID in standup form was one of the greater experiences of my life. Some of those games are fuckin impossible.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Apr 27,2009 11:42pm

Chiller is a fucked up game. I couldn't believe it when I saw it.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Apr 27,2009 11:43pm
It's like a Mike Diana dream come true

toggletoggle post by demondave at Apr 27,2009 11:48pm

toggletoggle post by ARKTOUROS at May 11,2010 12:02pm
bump for remembering to go soon

toggletoggle post by timma at May 11,2010 12:07pm
Me and Peter Bluesepher beat Time Crisis at Funspot when it first came out with a crowd of people watching us.

Highlight of my life thus far. Sad? Yes.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at May 11,2010 12:10pm
sacreligion said[orig][quote]
Playing YO! NOID in standup form was one of the greater experiences of my life. Some of those games are fuckin impossible.

There's a Yo! Noid arcade?! Oh...is it one of the Playchoice games?

toggletoggle post by slag nli at May 11,2010 12:14pm
I grew up here. The roadrunner game, starwars vector game, the funhouse pinball game tabletop nintendo tennis and every other fucking game imaginable. Must go soon.

toggletoggle post by slag nli at May 11,2010 12:15pm
Also, King of kong movie is a must see.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at May 11,2010 12:17pm
slag%20nli said[orig][quote]
Also, King of kong movie is a must see.
agreed, big time

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at May 11,2010 12:19pm
love King of Kong. Hail Steve Weibe. I'm leaving for NH in a few mins. I always hit up Fun Spot during bike week for a few Star Wars / Indiana Jones / TMNT sessions...

toggletoggle post by C.dEaD at May 11,2010 12:19pm
I love this place. I haven't been in years, but I remember my jaw dropping at the sight of so many flashing screens. The same thing would most likely happen now.

toggletoggle post by BrianDBB  at May 11,2010 12:19pm
I was RAISED here every summer... Funhouse ruled, top floor is badass, and i'm pretty sure I dominated skeeball

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 11,2010 12:21pm
is funworld in nashua still in operation?

toggletoggle post by C.dEaD at May 11,2010 1:02pm
reimroc said[orig][quote]
is funworld in nashua still in operation?

That place went down the shithole years ago. Even if it was still around, I would never go in. Last time I went (I think maybe 4 or 5 years ago) they had maybe 5 video games that sucked and took out all the rest to put in a fucking ferris wheel. No one was on it. No one was around at all so me and my brother walked around the abandoned go-kart tracks. Shit looked like Gummo.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 11,2010 1:11pm
skeet skeet

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at May 11,2010 2:04pm
funworld had some decent games if you were into wangan midnight maxiumum tune and initial d 3. cheap DDR, drummania and guitar freaks... beatmania... they had awesome games. you just want old shitty games, which they didnt really have much of. Funworld was/is a solid arcade going experience.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at May 11,2010 2:16pm
i_am_not_me said[orig][quote]
sacreligion said[orig][quote]

There's a Yo! Noid arcade?! Oh...is it one of the Playchoice games?

Yes.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at May 11,2010 2:45pm
Grand Prix FTW

toggletoggle post by C.dEaD at May 11,2010 4:25pm
Spaldino said[orig][quote]
funworld had some decent games if you were into wangan midnight maxiumum tune and initial d 3. cheap DDR, drummania and guitar freaks... beatmania... they had awesome games. you just want old shitty games, which they didnt really have much of. Funworld was/is a solid arcade going experience.

Yeah, I don't know of any of the games you mentioned.

Also, "old shitty games" did make me laugh.

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 11,2010 5:09pm
last time i was at fun world was like 10 years ago. i always pass it and had no clue if it was even open anymore.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at May 11,2010 5:25pm
Jay come up with Jen, Bobby, Mel, Marcus and I near the end of june for the weekend...camping, booze and fun spot.

toggletoggle post by eyehatehippies  at May 11,2010 5:28pm
I love Funspot so much, we go for my birthday. It's amazing. I'm all about Double Dragon, I try to beat it without getting hit. I'm fairly close. I can beat Lifeforce without getting hit. After I master Double Dragon, I'm going to move on to Golden Axe, but that one's tougher, no elbow smash.

toggletoggle post by Spaldino at May 11,2010 5:33pm
C.dEaD said[orig][quote]

those are all games that draw customers to arcades.

Initial D is a racing game that gave you a card that tracked your progress and as you played more, your car would be faster and better. pretty exciting 1 vs 1 game play on accurate recreations of japanese mountain passes as well.

Wangan Midnight: Maximum Tune is a racing game also used a similar card system and allowed for 4 people to race on pretty accurate recreations of japanese highways and mountain roads simultaneously. when i was assistant manager at the natick mall arcade, those were our biggest money makers, by a long shot.

Dance Dance Revolution saved arcades in america.

Drummania and Guitar Freaks are japanese rhythm games that could sync up so you and a friend could play drums and guitar together... well before Guitar Hero and Rock Band had even been thought of. Drummania does drums better than Rock Band as well. Bands like Dillinger Escape Plan and Mastadon had songs on those games. they draw a decent amount of business and again, are definitely better than Guitar Hero and Rock Band.

Beatmania is the japanese "DJ Hero" that gave you a turn table and 5 or 7 keys from a keyboard that you had to hit in time with scrolling lines. It too was also out like 13 years before DJ Hero was even thought of.

"Old shitty games" are just as i said. old and shitty. the TMNT arcade game and the Simpsons arcade game are mediocre beat em ups. nostalgia makes you think they are better than they really were.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at May 11,2010 5:43pm
golden axe 2 with two players in the arcade is sooo easy...but still awesome

toggletoggle post by reimroc at May 11,2010 5:45pm
only the jurrasic park game is real

toggletoggle post by c.dEaD at May 11,2010 6:00pm
C.dEaD said[orig][quote]

"Old shitty games" are just as i said. old and shitty. the TMNT arcade game and the Simpsons arcade game are mediocre beat em ups. nostalgia makes you think they are better than they really were.

Damn dude, you're so harsh! haha, I have to disagree. I have TMNT arcade on my 360 and still play it on my Nintendo. Old maybe, but awesome still.

Ha, I remember that arcade in Natick. I used to play Killer Instinct there every week.

toggletoggle post by blessed offal at May 11,2010 6:01pm
c.dEaD said[orig][quote]
C.dEaD said[orig][quote]

OFF THE TEAM

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][5:36:52pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02256 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]