New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> AVERSE SEFIRA live in austin, texas by prozak on Mar 13,2004 1:36pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by prozak  at Mar 13,2004 1:36pm
Saturday, March 13th, 8pm

For the first time in 3 years
AVERSE SEFIRA

8:00 PM at Rockstars
418 E. 6th St near Neches
Austin, TX
(512) 476-0000

18 and up welcome. Over 21- $5, Under 21- $8
All proceeds go to support of Kaos Radio.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 13,2004 8:11pm
does Kaos Radio have a live stream?

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 13,2004 11:08pm
I'll be there.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 13,2004 11:13pm
I am going there too, my helicopter is all fueled up

toggletoggle post by prozak  at Mar 14,2004 11:07am

AVERSE SEFIRA
Live at Rockstars, Austin, Texas
March 13, 2004

Performing as a power trio, these adherents to the original school of black metal slashed out a show that escaped the spiritless regurgitation of past symbols that has plagued the black metal genre. While their approach is unorthodox in its unrelenting speed and rhythmic assault, unique traits that transcend popular music are here in full force: evolving motifs chase an original theme across a landscape of percussion and vocal changes, breaks completely drop rhythm to annoint new directions in the growth of songs, and the searing dual-vocal assault speaks like a disembodied voice initiating the listener to an explanation of the mysteries that connect disparate elements into a gestalt of alienation. One new song was played, showing a newfound affinity for uncodable sounds as well as an expanded harmonic base and broader variety in motif integration, which promises an increasingly complex musical future without the random showboating of which makes progressive metal demand cultlike obedience from its listeners. The show ended in chaos as the band, irate that underage attendees had been thrown out of the club when the bar opened, threatened to burn down the club with all inside. Fortunately for our intrepid reviewer, the people at Rockstars were perceptive enough to relent, and after a frenzed finale, the band departed to the guttural screams and cheers of a grateful crowd. If you were not attending this band's only Texas show during the past three years, perhaps you were mesmerized by empty symbols while the rarer lifeblood of the genre flowed past your unseeing eyes.

Reviews:
http://www.anus.com/metal/aversesefira.html

Official site:
http://www.aversesefira.com/

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 14,2004 4:46pm
Great review! Tell them they need to come to New England!
I wanted to book Averse Sefira and Antaeus at the Box of Knives : (

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][10:10:16pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01026 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]