Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Suffocation by Todd on Mar 12,2004 3:37pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Todd(bombshelter) at Mar 12,2004 3:37pm
I have a chance at getting Suffocation at the Bombshelter,It would be Suffocation,Dying Fetus and at least 2 local supports..My question is ,Should I get this? I would need at least 175-200 people at the show to make it happen.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Mar 12,2004 3:38pm
do it

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 12,2004 3:39pm
depends on the date, but that would be amazing.

toggletoggle post by soulsnot  at Mar 12,2004 3:40pm
Yes do it now!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 12,2004 3:42pm
sup todd.

I think it's and excellent opourtunity and that you shouldn't pass it up. If you get the show, I'll do whatever I can to promote it even though my band probably won't be ready to play a show by then.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Mar 12,2004 3:53pm
hell yes. definitley do it. and Abhorred is more than willing to play and promote like all hell, if given the oppurtunity. www.abhorred.cjb.net

toggletoggle post by devon - tyag (not logged in) at Mar 12,2004 4:59pm
yeah its expensive to get them, but I believe i would be worth it. also if you got them my band would be willing to play. tyag.cjb.net

Devon.

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Mar 12,2004 5:10pm
hell yeah ,it is fuckin wicked expensive to get them ,that is why i wanna know if it would be at all possible to do it, like I said it would need like 200 people just to cover it .And the openers would need to be able to BRING PEOPLE!! as far as who would open,I have no idea although i can make suggestions...I am lookin forward to checkin out Abhorred tonight at the bombshelter though

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 12,2004 5:11pm
Do it Todd.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Mar 12,2004 5:32pm
i am lazy and i never drive more than 20 minutes to a show. so move your entire club into the shit hole known as worcester and i will go. but seriously suffocation and dying fetus is a sick lineup i would consider driving to boston for depending on the openers

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 12,2004 5:50pm
Todd, any idea when you want to do this? I miss the pizza at the bombsheltah.

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Mar 12,2004 6:11pm
I gotta let the promoter know by saturday night,although it is not lookin good I though there would be a much bigger response to this thread..the pizza is great i brought one home last night actually haha

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 12,2004 6:32pm
well the thread has only been up for about 3 hours and it is a friday. I'd help promote this show no matter what!

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Mar 12,2004 7:06pm
FOR GOD SAKE, DO IT!!! I can get at least 20 people to go, so do this.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 12,2004 7:21pm
fucking do it man. shroud would love to play that one!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 12,2004 9:41pm
as long as the openers are good bands, it would be a good turnout.

I vote GORATORY as an opener...

shroud wouldn't fit the show.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 12,2004 9:50pm edited Mar 12,2004 9:51pm
I am seeing SUFFOCATION with SKINLESS and BBTS tomorrow at The Downtown http://www.thedowntown.com on Long Island, should be cool.

And get ANOXIA on the Bomb Shelter show, they kill!

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 12,2004 10:32pm
I wouldnt do it Todd. Coming from someone who booked shows there with well known death metal bands, I lost money on both shows. I hate to say it and you know I love ya, but its not worth it, and nobody will go. I wouldnt want you to lose money, and have Serge hate death metal more then he already does, thus totally shutting out the idea of having death metal bands there. If you decide to do it, the best of luck to you man.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 12,2004 11:16pm
FUCKING DO IT!!!

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 12,2004 11:26pm
November 22nd, 2003 Bloodletting N. America
Gorgasm, Pyaemia, Spawn of Possession, Severed Savior, Goratory, Ascendancy
Probably one of the biggest advertising campaigns known for the Bombshelter.

70 People show up.

again...
January 25th, 2004
Malignancy, BOE, Anoxia, Ascendancy, TYAG, Teratism, Cryptic Warning, FOD

this time, 35 people show up.

Arent Suffocation coming around here in MA soon anyway?
I would say there would be about 100 people there, tops.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Mar 13,2004 1:25am
last year i saw suffocation at a small venue in NJ called Connections. there was little promotion, and the place was PACKED!!!!! probably one of the biggest shows the club ever had. i think Suffocation alone would draw a big crowd. and with Dying Fetus? another crowd getter. i say go for it, and kill anyone who has pay-per-view that day

toggletoggle post by retzam at Mar 13,2004 10:28am
I bet it would draw enough people. Certainly more than those two shows terence posted.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 10:33am
yep, suffocation would draw more people than that spawn of possession show alone. sadly it's true.

malignancy isn't even a big band, they wouldn't draw at all... that show basically had no headliner.

as long as it's not too close to the MA date then it should do well.

toggletoggle post by greedkiller at Mar 13,2004 10:40am
If you are interested in booking us for a show we unfortinaly can only play
Friday and Saturday shows from now until summer time! We don't have a
set "asking price" persay but we usually try for about $50 in Massachusetts,
and $100 for any out of state (excluding Rhode Island) for travel costs. We
will do tons of promotion for any gig(s) we are playing. Also we need to
know about shows at least two weeks in advance (if possible)!

devon - tyag said:
yeah its expensive to get them, but I believe i would be worth it. also if you got them my band would be willing to play. tyag.cjb.net

Devon.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 10:45am
that's a lot of requirements.

i'd play the show if we were told the night of, for no $$.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 13,2004 10:52am edited Mar 13,2004 10:53am
yeah? do you realize how much it costs to drive for 2 hours to the venue and 2 hours back with 2 vehicles (one being a massive wagon)? not to mention food costs? 25 bucks or so per car and about 5 bucks per member for food thats like 75 bucks. and besides... if we know the person thats putting it on then we dont really care too much about the money... just a little bit would do. maybe your band (assuming you have one) hasnt played much out of state so you cant really comprehend how much it costs just to get your music out to new listeners but after you travel around a little bit (like 3 states away or so) come back and try to post about money like you understand. until then, you dont really have any say in anything that involves a band's fiscal situation. (that was to "greedkiller")

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Mar 13,2004 10:55am edited Mar 13,2004 10:57am
if you make it an all ages and promote it in things like the phoenix and and other papers like that it will be packed most likely.

bottom line is the show is definantly worth having.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 13,2004 11:21am
Cannibal Corpse back sometime in 2003 I believe had about 200 people in the Bombshelter. Whereas somewhere like the Palladium has close to maybe 700. Im pretty sure also there are hundreds of bands that would open this show for free. No use in losing more money then you already have. Good luck Todd.

toggletoggle post by severmywrists at Mar 13,2004 11:52am
do it up! hey if you can try to do it before the date @ the palladium, i promise you i will show up to that, gauranteed.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 12:12pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
yeah? do you realize how much it costs to drive for 2 hours to the venue and 2 hours back with 2 vehicles (one being a massive wagon)? not to mention food costs? 25 bucks or so per car and about 5 bucks per member for food thats like 75 bucks. and besides... if we know the person thats putting it on then we dont really care too much about the money... just a little bit would do. maybe your band (assuming you have one) hasnt played much out of state so you cant really comprehend how much it costs just to get your music out to new listeners but after you travel around a little bit (like 3 states away or so) come back and try to post about money like you understand. until then, you dont really have any say in anything that involves a band's fiscal situation. (that was to "greedkiller")

it's 1 1/2 hours to the bombshelter from whitman... 1 hour from boston.

eat food at your house, or starve yourself.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 12:12pm
Terence said:
Cannibal Corpse back sometime in 2003 I believe had about 200 people in the Bombshelter. Whereas somewhere like the Palladium has close to maybe 700. Im pretty sure also there are hundreds of bands that would open this show for free. No use in losing more money then you already have. Good luck Todd.

cannibal corpse didn't play the bombshelter.

they played chantilly's in november 2002.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 13,2004 1:02pm
oh yeah thats right. I get those 2 confused. I remember when Incantation played there with Pungent Stench. The turnout was about 8-10 people.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Mar 13,2004 1:39pm
that's more than we had there last night. that pizza is fuckin awesome though. and by the way, todd, whatd you think of the Abhorred demo?

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Mar 13,2004 1:56pm
you guys gotta remember, although bands like Malignancy and Incantation are awesome, how many albums do they sell in comparison to bands like Morbid Angel, Deicide, and Cannibal Corpse??? if you need to rely on a famous signed band in order to get people to go to your show, you have to make it a BIG band. as much as that sucks, that's the way it is.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Mar 13,2004 2:45pm
I have the biggest mixed feelings about this one. On one hand we've pretty much all seen the stellar response to death metal that happens at the Bomb Shelter. On the other hand, it sounds like Suffocation may have the potential to break that losing streak. I'll say go for it if you're really feeling lucky.

A couple other things:

·advanced ticket sales? The BS could benefit from a tickets.com-type deal

·don't pay openers unless they can at least draw enough people to cover the amount they're getting paid. Any band who is serious about what we're all trying to do will be willing to take a little hit (aka pay for their own gas/food, since we all do that anyway) to get a slot on a big show with a national act

·throw us on it if you want, you know we'll promote the marrow out of it

·if the other sounds guys there don't like doing or know how to do death metal, I'll run the damn sound for free and you know I'm serious when I say I'll actually put some effort into it.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 13,2004 2:49pm
the opening bands are gonna have to sell at least 50 ticktes to play. Thats what Serge told me last time.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Mar 13,2004 2:50pm
Yeah. That'll happen. Hah.

toggletoggle post by mycradleofnails  at Mar 13,2004 3:06pm
ii'd go without a doubt nig

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 13,2004 3:25pm
so rusted angel, why wouldnt we FIT this show? i must say im a bit offended. what band would shroud fit with. we play doom/DEATH metal. do you know anyother bands that come this way that fit that description? i thought it was about diversity any way.
frank mullen was my biggest influence as a singer growing up.
does satricon fit with suffocation> thats who they are booked with. at the polladium show.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Mar 13,2004 3:41pm
here's what the lineup for this tentative show should be, beginning to end:

Abhorred
Ascendancy
Dying Fetus
Suffocation

and all shall cream their pants in anticipation.

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Mar 13,2004 4:45pm
1. the Abhorred demo is killer.(from the unlight is my favorite)

2. I do not believe the openers will be selling tickets(Not sure though)

3.Rusted Angel has a point ...Eat at your own damn house or eat the pizza at the shelter...quit your whining haha

4.Shroud would definately not fit at this show(Sorry i like ya and all but nope)

5. Advance tickets would be cool,I sell tickets too all shows actually ...anyone can come up to me and buy tickets for anything we got goin on there.

6. sound issues...We got a new board and a few new amps. and are getting some other shit ,soon it will be all replaced

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 5:03pm
Todd said:

2. I do not believe the openers will be selling tickets(Not sure though)

3.Rusted Angel has a point ...Eat at your own damn house or eat the pizza at the shelter...quit your whining haha

4.Shroud would definately not fit at this show(Sorry i like ya and all but nope)

5. Advance tickets would be cool,I sell tickets too all shows actually ...anyone can come up to me and buy tickets for anything we got goin on there.

6. sound issues...We got a new board and a few new amps. and are getting some other shit ,soon it will be all replaced

DID I MISS ANYTHING?

3. hahaha

4. nothing against shroud, but their music is slow, depressing, with operatic girls singing out of tune sometimes. not fit for a death metal show imo.

6. nice.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 13,2004 5:06pm
Assuck said:
here's what the lineup for this tentative show should be, beginning to end:

Abhorred
Ascendancy
Dying Fetus
Suffocation

and all shall cream their pants in anticipation.

Porphyria jk
Goratory
Vital Remains
Dying Fetus
Suffocation

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Mar 13,2004 6:28pm
Get your shit together Tom and get a full band , What I've heard of Porphyria I like alot.. If i had it MY WAY it would be..........

Goratory
Leukorrhea
Dying Fetus
Suffocation

......But we will see

toggletoggle post by Dread_104  at Mar 13,2004 6:44pm
What's all this shit about $$? Teratism is always down for a bombshelter show. As long as there's a coupla mike's and beer, we'll play!!

toggletoggle post by GG_Christ at Mar 13,2004 7:10pm
Todd said:

Thanks a lot.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Mar 13,2004 7:13pm
that was me on my friends name

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Mar 13,2004 7:27pm
i think as long as it's properly promoted on everyone involved part it should do fine
i'd ask about getting B.O.E. on but everyone and their brother who has a band is gonna be begging to get on it and we don't beg to get on shows if some one wants us were not hard to find altho we'd definanly love to play there again if the BOMBSHELTER would have us

i think the B-shelter has serious potential as being a top club in the area

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 13,2004 7:57pm
subjugate said:
i think as long as it's properly promoted on everyone involved part it should do fine
i'd ask about getting B.O.E. on but everyone and their brother who has a band is gonna be begging to get on it and we don't beg to get on shows if some one wants us were not hard to find altho we'd definanly love to play there again if the BOMBSHELTER would have us

i think the B-shelter has serious potential as being a top club in the area

nod.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 13,2004 10:32pm
If only people actually went. Thats just my main qualm. No matter what it would be an awesome show, I would rather go to this than their MA date cause i cant stand the Palladium, Premonitions of War or Satyricon.

toggletoggle post by bludgawd nli at Mar 13,2004 10:46pm
Todd, if you have your way on this get in touch with us, we'll definitely do this no matter what!

Nate
leukorhea666@hotmail.com

Todd said:
Get your shit together Tom and get a full band , What I've heard of Porphyria I like alot.. If i had it MY WAY it would be..........

Goratory
Leukorrhea
Dying Fetus
Suffocation

......But we will see

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2004 12:12am
I think you should do something like
8:30-9:00 some band
9:00-9:30 goratory
9:30-10:00 leukorrhea
10-11 dying fetus
11-12:30 suffocation

that would be awesome.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 14,2004 12:55am
I vote Mastamindz.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2004 1:05am
well, I put down times BECAUSE that's one of the worst things about the bombshelter.
I got there to see all the bands and I'm there until a million o'clock in the morning.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Mar 14,2004 1:23am
But you didn't put in any times for changeover, which means the show would still end around 2. Silly.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 14,2004 1:29am edited Mar 14,2004 1:41am
the problem with the bombshelter is that they book shows 2 weeks in advance and its too soon. there is no time for promotion. everytime we play there its between 3 days and a weeks notice. if there were proper notice and proper promotion than you would see a better turn out. when we played with mortician i think we had more fans to see us than to see mortician. no one even knew about mortician playing. for a band that size not that they are huge but they are a good sized band, they should have enough people there too see them to fill the house. as far as shroud playing there....i guess we wont ever play there again because we have never been put with a band that fits with us. is that what its going to be. fucking get morgion,novembers doom, my dying bride and evoken there and we will play there then. we are always put on shows at the bombshelter last minute with grind and death bands, but you know what no one ever said it was a problem before i dont mind playing with anyband and i think we have done good by the bombshelter and made money for serge..... i guess not.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 14,2004 1:34am
the time between for changing should go faster.
the 8:30-9:00 ould get a 20 minute set

toggletoggle post by Triumphant_Gleam  at Mar 14,2004 3:53am
what about Hirudinea?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 14,2004 10:00am
Whoever I suggest probably won't get the spot, so here is some reverse psychology:
DO NOT LET ABHORRED PLAY!

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Mar 14,2004 10:44am
hehehehe

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 14,2004 12:26pm
I saw SUFFOCATION last night (Saturday) with SKINLESS, BBTS and BALLISTIC - it was packed! Over 300 people.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Mar 14,2004 1:52pm
i definantly agree with the point of using locals that'll play for free the exposure from playing to these 2 bands alone is worth it
1. looks good on your bio opening for these acts
2. the noteriaty of just getting to play a show with legends like suffocation

bands other than my own that i think would fit well on this show would be (excluding my own BOE obviously)
teratism
goratory(altho i belive the have a pay thing now too dunno for sure)
burial
phantom limb
raising kubrick
leukorrea
abhorred

i'm thinking slammy style cause both those headliners are in that vein really

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Mar 14,2004 4:36pm
thanks, man...abhorred would definantly play for free. Like you said...its's fucking Suffocation and Dying Fetus. I'd be at that show anyway, so playing would mean i wouldn't have to buy a ticket.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 14,2004 4:38pm
i think the bands playing this gig should have to pay for a ticket just in case it doesn't sell 200.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 14,2004 4:47pm
AUTOPSY 666, who is BBTS?

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 14,2004 4:54pm
burnt by the sun

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 14,2004 4:55pm
Terence said:
burnt by the sun

Shows how much I care.

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Mar 14,2004 7:07pm
Cryptic Warning doesn't care about money,but like most other bands we'd love to play. We're an old school technical thrash band with a lot of death influences.

http://www.crypticwarning.com

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 14,2004 8:16pm
New Suffocation sucks.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Mar 14,2004 8:57pm
Terence said:
If only people actually went. Thats just my main qualm. No matter what it would be an awesome show, I would rather go to this than their MA date cause i cant stand the Palladium, Premonitions of War or Satyricon.

I'm extremely dissapointed that Satyricon is playing before Suffocation. Satyricon are the reason I am going to that show (Morbid Angel is a plus though).

toggletoggle post by blue  at Mar 14,2004 8:59pm
i also agree that this show could be the one that breaks the bombshelter. suffocation alone could draw more than the bloodletting tour i think. the only problem could possibly be the absurd guarantee that this tour is probably asking for. but i say go for it, as long as all local openers have no guest list, and play for free.

my lineup suggestion:

ascendancy or teratism
bane of existence
goratory
dying fetus
suffocation

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 14,2004 11:10pm
Todd, any idea when this shit hits the fan???

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Mar 15,2004 5:31pm
We made the offer today ,if it is accepted the show will be towards the end of the tour,which is far from the MASS date in the beginning ...and it will be a better show....

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 15,2004 6:18pm
a better show? even without morbid angel.? cooooome oooooooooon. heheh

toggletoggle post by Todd(Bombshelter) at Apr 5,2004 7:26pm
Suffocation WILL NOT be playing the Bombshelter,they are unwilling to compromise on an amount and the money they are asking for is too ridiculous,even for them and Dying Fetus...So i guess I will be goin to see them in mass and see if the show would have been worth fighting for..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2004 7:37pm
$4500

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Apr 5,2004 7:50pm
Actually that is fair I think. There are others who ask that much and aren't worth a fuck.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Apr 5,2004 8:07pm
Suffocation wants 4500 bucks for one show? Fuck that shit. They aren't that good anyway.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][12:22:07am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02741 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]