New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> If you want tickets for iwrestledabearonce on 4/8 in Melrose, MA by Wolves of Wysteria on Mar 24,2009 2:16am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Wolves of Wysteria at Mar 24,2009 2:16am
Hit us up because we'll be playing and we've got some tickets to move.

http://www.myspace.com/wolvesofwysteria

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 4:56am
pay to play? lame

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 24,2009 8:06am
Playing with "I wrestled a bear once" ... lamer

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 8:18am
NO ONE WANTS THESE

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 8:27am
Selling tickets to open for a t-shirt company with a deathcore house band=lamer than House's leg.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 24,2009 8:32am
Excellent work in this thread already. I heard about 3 seconds of one of this bear wrestling band's song on Sirius and quickly changed the channel. Crappy metalcore that sounds like all the other crappy metalcore. F-

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 8:36am
I used to be in wrestling bears but they're really boring and terrible now

toggletoggle post by thebloodening  at Mar 24,2009 9:53am
make out with the singer.

toggletoggle post by JoeyCobra  at Mar 24,2009 2:50pm
we played with them...really nice guys/gals......fucking god awful band.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 24,2009 2:52pm

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 2:54pm
Didn't we have this thread when Daughters first came out.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 24,2009 3:02pm
WRESTLE BEARS OR YOU ARE A FAGGOT

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 3:03pm
I WRESTLED A BEAR ONCE

oh wait....

toggletoggle post by RustyPS NLI at Mar 24,2009 3:09pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
WRESTLE BEARS AND YOU ARE A FAGGOT

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 24,2009 3:18pm
THIS:

MEANS NO CARE

toggletoggle post by moenli at Mar 24,2009 3:24pm
I have this band's cd. I kinda dared myself to d/l it and its not ALL bad. There's some terribly gay parts, but when they get heavy they do it well. The girls vocals aren't bad at all actually. Solid lows. She's got no pitch so the clean vocals are shit.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 4:43pm
Oh I get it, it's irony. LOL, irony makes being a shitty band okay because they're totally mocking metal.

This is the most shockingly original band to ever exist (REAL TALK)

toggletoggle post by joeyumbrella  at Mar 24,2009 5:01pm
lol at everything on this page

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 24,2009 5:23pm
Oh that's a girl assisting in that horrible din? She actually looks not that hideous.

toggletoggle post by Wolves of Wysteria at Mar 24,2009 6:10pm
Pay to play? I guess. Selling 30 tickets. I challenge you to find a promoter that DOESN'T want you to presale tickets, though.

Anyway, sorry to mistake this website for one with people who give a shit about local music.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 6:17pm
Wolves%20of%20Wysteria said[orig][quote]
Pay to play? I guess. Selling 30 tickets. I challenge you to find a promoter that DOESN'T want you to presale tickets, though.

Anyway, sorry to mistake this website for one with people who give a shit about local music.

Get fucked, oh wait, you're participating in pay to play so you already did.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 6:25pm edited Mar 24,2009 6:26pm

And Rev's 9 years of show pics and even longer on the radio show, along with few dozen bands participating on the boards say hi.

Go find a site where your feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelings and posturing will be appreciated.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 24,2009 6:26pm
Put on your own shows, that way you don't need to sell tickets.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 6:28pm
immortal13 said[orig][quote]
Put on your own shows, that way you don't need to sell tickets.

Yeah but then they'll never "make it" because the key to "making it" is paying some jerkoff promoter to open for some shitty band that can't draw without having the openers sell tickets to their aunts.

toggletoggle post by Wolves of Wysteria at Mar 24,2009 6:42pm
Putting on your own shows is a thing of the past. Promoters are around for a reason.

And BobNOMAAMRooney, I'm sorry trying to promote my band has had such a powerful effect on YOUR feelings. I, for one, am thankful that we were given the opportunity to play with four signed, touring bands. We sold 20 tickets to play a show for Rock Karma, who are some of the most awesome promoters in the state. Are you going to hate on them too?

I was too hasty in saying the site doesn't care about local music. You're completely right, it and its members care a lot. It's unfortunate that you have to be so damn negative and leave a sour taste in my mouth for trying to be a part of it.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 6:44pm
Putting on your own shows is a thing of the past. Promoters are around for a reason.

You're a fucking moron.

toggletoggle post by Wolves of Wysteria at Mar 24,2009 6:46pm

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 24,2009 6:46pm
LOL @ everything in this thread including thinking people might care about this band here.

toggletoggle post by Wolves of Wysteria at Mar 24,2009 6:50pm
Whatever. I'm over trying to reason with people who decided to be jerks before it was ever warranted.

If you want to argue with me more, come to a show and I'll be glad to.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 24,2009 7:00pm
Whatever. I'm over trying to reason with people who decided to be jerks before it was ever warranted.

LOL what the fuck are you 16. GTFO

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 24,2009 7:03pm
Putting on your own shows is NOT a thing of the past....we do it alot

not criticizing....just sayin

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 7:28pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
Putting on your own shows is NOT a thing of the past....we do it alot

not criticizing....just sayin

Didn't you hear? Promoters are around for a reason.

If you want to argue about that come to a show.

*wanders off to the Wretched Asylum, Twytch, Asystole, Mastamindz scrap heap*

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 24,2009 7:29pm
LOL @ life cycle of an RTTP poster

toggletoggle post by moenli at Mar 24,2009 7:40pm
Haha, promoters are around for a reason indeed. That reason is to make the two opening bands sell 30-50 tickets each so he doesnt have to PROMOTE or pay for the venue or the touring bands. Oh, kids.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 24,2009 7:45pm
guys guys guys. They played with FOUR signed and touring bands. Give them a break.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 8:09pm
moenli said[orig][quote]
Haha, promoters are around for a reason indeed. That reason is to make the two opening bands sell 30-50 tickets each so he doesnt have to PROMOTE or pay for the venue or the touring bands. Oh, kids.

OMG YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT BOOKING MYSPACE POPULAR TOURING BANDS WHO CAN'T DRAW IS A SRIOUS BUISINESS!!!!111

toggletoggle post by darky nli at Mar 24,2009 8:14pm

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 24,2009 8:21pm
Fun fact:
I have discovered that the singer's sister also plays guitar for them.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 24,2009 8:22pm
this thread is hilarious. LULZ @ bands trying to "make it."

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 8:23pm
bands trying to "make it" are peepee ticklers who probably use "digital" cameras

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Mar 24,2009 8:39pm
FUCK ALL Y'ALL I WANT MY BAND TO MAKE IT.

LOOK MA, I DUN MADE IT.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 24,2009 9:08pm
I'm just saying that I have been fucked over by more promoters than I can remember. One that I actually had respect for said that he loved my band for the people that came to see them (I'm not in it anymore) and pulled out a pretty substantial wad of cash while he was saying it. You think any of that money came to said band? Not a dime. We had to rely on the little money we made selling merch to get us to the next show.

Promoter is just another term for greedy fuck who doesn't give to shits about the bands he's booking, local or national, but only cares about making money or at least breaking even, because if god forbid he loses $10 he'll never book your band again.

Fuck promoters, fuck bands that think promoters are actually there to promote, and fuck you for thinking that promoters have helped you in the least bit when I bet these ticket-selling pay-to-play shows have done little to nothing for your band. All three said things I have just previously said fuck about can go jump in a box of used syringes infected with AIDS.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 24,2009 9:11pm
I forgot one thing...

DIY or die!

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 9:46pm
lol @ this thread.

toggletoggle post by darky nli at Mar 24,2009 9:48pm
Promoters are just like you and me guys, if you are AT ALL at risk of not at least breaking even for a show, would you really lose that money for bands you don't even know? Even for a chick that has wrestled a bear?

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 24,2009 9:51pm
I'd honestly pay the bands what I told them I would pay them.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Mar 24,2009 10:01pm
who wrestled a bear once?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 24,2009 10:08pm
first off

second: post your show and play along with what comes with it. Getting mad or trying to be rational with people on the internet is the worst idea ever. Like that guy on the elephant reserve said to merge simpsons "some people are just jerks"

third: I was thinking of going to this show so I could see who the band is that I have a shirt of cause it says both gay and metal on a shirt.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 10:09pm
WWKLD

What Would Kenny Lanning Do?

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:31pm
Fuck all the haters, ive lost money on locals bands for two years.
You dont have to play the show if you dont want to sell the tickets. Wolves i have a lot of respect for you, your willing to work for what you want!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 10:35pm
ITT: SOUND BUSINESS DECISIONS

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:35pm
Ok...

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:36pm
and its ITE asshole

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 10:38pm
It's not the bands job to sell tickets, there no argument there.

SELL 20 TICKETS SO YOU CAN PLAY AT 2:00 PM TO 5 PEOPLE AND BEFORE 26 OTHER BANDS.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:39pm
They are playing around 6p, and playing probably in front of 150+ people. It is part of the bands job to sell tickets. Like i said if you dont want to sell the tickets, dont play the show. everyone has choices.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 10:41pm
I didn't know the acronym for "In This Thread" was ITE. Then again, I didn't think losing money for two years was something to brag about.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:42pm
Its not something to brag about, its a reason to make bands sell tickets though.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 10:44pm
Or it's a reason to book touring bands who can draw or book a smaller or cheaper room.

We're talking quantum mechanics here.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:46pm
U must book a lot of shows, seems like you have a lot of knowledge...

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 10:46pm
thirsty said[orig][quote]
They are playing around 6p, and playing probably in front of 150+ people. It is part of the bands job to sell tickets. Like i said if you dont want to sell the tickets, dont play the show. everyone has choices.

because people show up to 150+ are going to show up to a show at 6 on a Wednesday to see some band they don't give a shit about?

It's NEVER the band's job to sell tickets. ever. Promoters just figured they could trick bands into thinking its the ONLY way they can get on decent shows. I was convinced of this in my early musical career and soon found out through mark's showplace that it is all bullshit.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:48pm
Doors open at 445pm, there will be people there. I wont argue about who's job it is to sell tickets. I am definetely not Marks showplace.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Mar 24,2009 10:48pm
iwrestledagrantonce

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:49pm
the crowd is not going to be people over the age of 30 either so im guessing you wont make it. Kids that are 16-19 years old will be there, just because you dont like the music does not mean people wont be there.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 10:52pm
I'm 18 for you information buster.

I like good music, and pop punk.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 24,2009 10:53pm
archaeon said[orig][quote]
I like good music, and pop punk.

good thing you separated the two.....JAYKAY

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:53pm
haha ok my fault. I still think your wrong about bands selling tickets. But thats just an opinion.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 24,2009 10:55pm
Pop punk...hey i have and a loss for words playing in manchester 50 tickets!!! interested??? JUST KIDDING..

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 10:56pm
haha ok my fault. I still think your wrong about bands selling tickets. But thats just an opinion.

We'll of course you do, you're a promoter. It makes your job A LOT easier. To the point where you basically don't have to do any promoting because you have a bunch of pawns that get next to nothing out of it doing the dirty work for you.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 24,2009 10:57pm
U must book a lot of shows, seems like you have a lot of knowledge...

Oh sorry great promoter from on high, I have quite a bit to learn from someone who fancies himself a super serious rock promoter but can't break even for two fucking years.

I said it ages ago and I'll say it again

BobNOMAAMRooney%20nli said[orig][quote]
If the national act can't draw maybe it's the club's lack of promotion and that band's lack of a fanbase.

Shouldn't a "big national act" like Nile be able to draw enough people to cover their costs and make the club a profit?

If not then maybe the club should STOP MAKING STUPID FUCKING BUSINESS DECISIONS

I love how all the promoters pull the "this is a business you just don't understand" card whenever a band calls bullshit on pay to play. Well if you're going to run it as a business, you book the fucking bands who draw enough to make a PROFIT. I know plenty of people who run businesses and all of them share one thing in common, they won't take on a job if they don't stand to make a profit. Does my fucking mechanic do work on exotic cars on the cheap because Ferrari's are a big draw and then gouge me on my fucking Subaru? Does my uncle lower his costs for some rich bastard who wants his house painted because the house is on the town's list of historic sites and therefore more prestigious? Absolutely not, because anyone who runs an actual business (not playing around with the strip club or Lyons Group's cash and acting important) knows that sound business decisions are what keep them afloat.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 10:57pm
Pop punk...hey i have and a loss for words playing in manchester 50 tickets!!! interested??? JUST KIDDING..

lol my pop punk band has already vowed to never sell tickets under ANY circumstances, EVER.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Mar 24,2009 11:03pm
grant will your pop punk band play with me? you just gotta sell 100 tickets. c'mon, i just bought the neverland ranch for wicked cheap. it'll be worth it. ;)

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 24,2009 11:05pm
as long as theres some JB there. thats another thing we vowed to, no touching girls over the age of 15

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Mar 24,2009 11:10pm
I really couldn't care less either way.

I just remember selling tickets a few times to play off-date national shows at the Living Room, like maybe 50-75 tickets, and then watch all my friends who bought the tickets leave after we played.

So, at least in my tenure of playing with nationals many times, selling tickets and not selling tickets, if someone wants to see the national acts, selling tickets does nothing but make things easier for the promoter, not ANY of the bands.

I can't speak for the rest of my band, but if I want to play a show, and it requires selling tickets, I could care less either way. I know who it is helping, but I guess I just don't give a shit...there are definitely bands (Cult of Luna, cough cough) that I would play with even if selling tickets was asked for by the promoter, and definitely would not deter me or make me puff my (bird)chest and get mad about.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Mar 24,2009 11:23pm
metal bands would be better at selling tickets if they stopped playing dungeons and dragons and left the basement once in a while.

toggletoggle post by AfterWorldObliteration   at Mar 24,2009 11:53pm
im gunna go ahead and say that since im 16, the rest of the bands no 16+ rule is invalid. ill just vow that if theyre old enough to pee, too damn old for me.

toggletoggle post by ryan_nli at Mar 25,2009 1:42am
i have not read this whole thread, so excuse me if this has been said and defended already...

but if this "bear" band is so important, then the promoters should have enough confidence that this band will draw, and not make kids pay their gurantee.

and there are plenty of "promoters" who dont "pay to play"

putting on your own shows is not a thing of the past. but i wish sub par bands that convince themselves that doing a promoters work for them would become a thing of the past.

I can't understand why all these bands today feel the need to do this. so little bands have any real work ethic anymore. they expect everything to be handed to them, or that they have to pay for good things to happen. maybe more bands should spend more time writing credible music that people give a shit about, than trying to hawk tickets to a show that no one gives a fuck about. then if you write good music, good things will happen naturally.

end rant. sorry.

toggletoggle post by keynotecompany_nli at Mar 25,2009 1:56am
First of all pay to play and selling tickets is a difference. Paying to play to me is straight up buying onto a show paying x amount of dollers to play with x band. Tickets you are selling to people... assuming you sell them... so it's not pay to play because in theory no money should be coming out of your pocket at any point unless you pay upfront.
I've done shows with tickets and without and never lost more than $50 on a show (still amazes me). If you know where bands should play and what bands draw, then booking shows isn't rocket science. It's exactly as stated earlier if you don't think the bands will draw and the guarantee is huge... DONT BOOK IT. Nobody is forcing anyone to book a band just because they are on x label. Who cares.
As a promoter yes I make money, sometimes a lot of it on some nights. For some people it's a job and that's how it has to be for them. There's more bands than there are places to play and on these touring band shows sometimes bands come to me willing to sell tickets. Why would I refuse guaranteed people/income into a show? I wouldn't. When you do it for a job you can't always risk losing $1000's of dollars a night. Sometimes those 25-100 presales can go a long way.
Also a lot of the bands selling tickets are younger bands. I believe they should sell tickets because they are new to music and they have their friends/family that will come out to see them. It showcases work ethic. Bands I'm not familiar with that sell tickets and get the people out help me out because now I know they can draw. I also tend to book bands
from different areas so ticket sales bring new people into my area. That's not to say I don't promote. Just because I have bands sell tickets doesn't mean I'm not out at other shows meeting people, passing out fliers, seeing new bands, etc. It takes work, but if you work at it you learn what works and what doesn't. Selling tickets is effective to me.
I'm sure people will have a lot to say back to me if they even bother to read it, but there's my 2 years of experience with booking. You can disagree, but I think most people can vouch that I've had solid shows, that are good times.

toggletoggle post by ryan_nli at Mar 25,2009 1:56am
also, you cant pay your dues with dollars.

you pay your dues by sleeping in vans, and working your way up the hard way. not being spoiled.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 6:34am
The solution : Dont advertise ticket's to a show on RTTP. Use other avenues that are more friendly. And like i said if you dont want to sell the tickets, there is another band behind you that does.
Get over yourself.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 7:28am
LOL @ faggots all over this thread and people taking themselves waaaaaaaay too seriously.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 8:19am
Promoters are so clueless now that they've now actually convinced themselves that selling tickets isn't a scam.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Mar 25,2009 8:24am
my question is: if a band fails to sell any tickets, do they still get to play the show?

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 8:34am
Pires said[orig][quote]
my question is: if a band fails to sell any tickets, do they still get to play the show?

d'uh dood it's not pay to play so of course if they don't sell all the tickets they just have to hand over the cash to cover the rest of the tickets before their time slot.

big difference between pay to play.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 8:38am
Last time I checked this is a band's "job":

-Buy a fuckload of gear
-Practice, practice, practice 2-3x/week
-Load all gear and band members into vehicle(s)
-Travel ___ hours and arrive to show on time
-Unload all said gear
-Wait around for hours to play for 30 minutes (if lucky)
-Break down and reload all gear in vehicle(s)
-Travel____hours back to jam space
-Reload all equipment

Promotor's job:
-Book show and promote

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 8:43am
woah woah woah

you have to practice and get to the shows up on time. what the fuck is this hitler nazi bullshit

toggletoggle post by reimroc at Mar 25,2009 8:46am
ryan_nli said[orig][quote]
maybe more bands should spend more time writing credible music that people give a shit about, than trying to hawk tickets to a show that no one gives a fuck about. then if you write good music, good things will happen naturally.

end rant. sorry.

people give a shit about this band. its that most of the people here don't

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 8:55am
this whole thread is full of lulz. especially the boner who's pulling the "say it to my face" act over the internet.
I'm actually gonna post to say Thirsty is a good guy. He's always been fair to us and helped us out with some good shows, even when we're just happy to play. He's never asked us to sell tickets, and his joint company(Free For All?) just gave us tickets, and said whatever we sold was cool and we didn't have to pony up the difference.
Personally, I'm not down for the pay-to-play business, but from the way I've seen Thirsty work, he's usually pretty fair about dealing with new bands. Maybe pay-to-play one show, awesome time slot on another.

Anyways, p2p is silly goose jocking for a constant basis.
I Wrestled a Bear Once is silly. Period.

.....anyone want to buy a ticket for the Psyopus shows? baaaaahhhhh!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 9:08am
Pay to play: Paying X amount of money to a promoter to get on a show so a promoter can wipe his hands of responsibility.

Selling tickets: Having your friends pay X amount of money to a promoter to get on a show so a promoter can wipe his hands of responsibility.

Huuuuge diff.

The mere fact that Thirsty and his whopping "2 years" of booking experience (LOL) stood up for these naive little kids in their little little band in their little little world tells the whole tale.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 9:09am
I don't know the dude, but I laughed at the "2 years" comment too. I guess that's a long time for some people.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 9:17am
Dave_Maggot said[orig][quote]
who wrestled a bear once?

it's me.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 25,2009 9:20am
ITT: merge simpsons

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 25,2009 9:20am
igrantedmypantsonce

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 9:21am
iateasandwichonce

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 9:52am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
ITT: merge simpsons

hahaha I caught that too.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 25,2009 9:58am
Starting a thread on RTTP about pay to play and deathcore bands is like pissing on a wasp nest and also an electric fence.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 10:08am
DYA%20NLI said[orig][quote]
Starting a thread on RTTP about pay to play and deathcore bands is like pissing on a wasp nest and also an electric fence.

Pissing on a wasp nest on an electric fence and then getting mad when radioactive wasps sting you in the dick.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 10:11am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
radioactive wasps sting you in the dick.

im sure there's people out there who would pay for that.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 11:33am
If a band pays me out of pocket, thats their fault. I ask them to sell tickets not to pay me to play a show, i want people to go to shows....and losing money on locals...Yes i am still here, cuz i care...So solid business decision..Maybe not for you, but it is for me.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 11:39am

Child, you are out of touch.
This is the problem with the nu wave of metalcore...it's full of people who can't make decisions on their own.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 11:42am
I'm not a decision maker, I am the decider

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 11:45am
oh man, that wolves band is terrible. it's every single cliche rolled into a giant cluster fuck of fame seeking hipster "look at me i'm in a band" bullshit. buy an Autopsy album and break up.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 11:48am
LOL Josh you better go to their show and tell'em oooooor else Brotha !

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 11:49am
He's still here. After "2 years". What a trooper. What a saint.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 11:51am
Yep i am a saint!! i love this 700 views for this!! amazing, thank you all u pissed off metal heads that cant get on shows because ur unwilling to "try" and sell tickets.....

toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Mar 25,2009 11:53am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]

-Buy a fuckload of gear
-Unload all said gear
-Reload all equipment

Promotor's job:
-Book show and promote

agreed

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 11:54am

Playing shitty music and dressing like you're thug from DOT totally warrants you to be labeled as a shithead playing in a shitty band that no one here likes or wants to care about. You have no clue what's going on. Suck it up.

insert, cocksparrer - because you're young

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 11:54am
Settle down, junior. I think all the bands here have suffered your pay-to-play business model, we just choose not to anymore. FYI, most of the replies on this are by people in current or past bands that have no problem getting shows.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 11:54am
My reply was to thirsty guy by the way.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 11:57am
Yep i am a saint!! i love this 700 views for this!! amazing, thank you all u pissed off metal heads that cant get on shows because ur unwilling to "try" and sell tickets.....

it's not a question of trying...it's about you not having to rely on other people to do YOUR job. this is why promoters are useless. you can go ahead and lie to yourself that 700 views will help your show but really it just prooves that 700 people think you suck at your job and that people who want to play and listen to retarded bands flashy logo like said above bands, are in it for the wrong reasons.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 11:58am
Bands dont suffer my pay-to-play show, if they cant sell the tickets, say noooooo, im not forcing anything upon a band.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 12:01pm
the scene suffers with pay to play, not only cause you judge talent by sales but because you promote really shitty music that attracts people who still don't own a vinyl and treat the show like a fashion event.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 12:03pm
actually you are, you're helping put out shitty shows with shitty bands for shitty kids.

love you Hivesmasher

toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Mar 25,2009 12:03pm
Ive had mostly bad experiences with promoters and booking companies that make you sell tickets. When we book our own shows or jump on a show with a friends band theirs almost always a good turnout and we usually get a little gas money, promoters are irrelevant.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 12:05pm
haha,shitty shows... thats awesome, im sure u have never even been to one of our shows @ Rocko's have ya? Come see me sometime!

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 12:05pm
Keep it coming im gonna defend tickets all day long, Most of u guys play in shitty bands i would never book anyway.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 12:06pm
i've never heard of those shows, you should promote them better!

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 12:09pm
@ Rocko's

why would I bother going to see shitty bands who will sell tickets when promoter or bands in massachusetts or rhode island will put together a great line up of bands that are actually a goodtime.

SUPPORT DIY OR GO THE FUCK HOME.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Mar 25,2009 12:09pm
This thread is missing the point here! I WRESTLED A BEAR ONCE is a TERRIBLE MOCKERY OF MUSIC. Kids will go see them at shows and a promoter will make money. WHO THE FUCK CARES. MOVE ON.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 12:12pm

-Buy a fuckload of gear
-Unload all said gear
-Reload all equipment

Promotor's job:
-Book show and promote

Most intelligent thing said on the subject. But it leaves out such duties as: spending hours and hours taking merch orders, filling out obnoxious customs forms to mail your merch to weird Russian and Japanese addresses that you don't even understand, shaking down one pissant promoter after another that think he's the biggest thing on earth.

Doesn't leave a lot of time for selling raffle tickets.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 25,2009 12:13pm
LOL @ thirsty using CSDO logic. "U GAIS R JUST JELOUS U CANT GET ON DIS SHOW, WEER PLAYIN WIF DA NASHNULS JUST LIKE A REAL BAND, BAAAAAAWWW"

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 25,2009 12:15pm
Ok, how many posters in this thread have CDs out and/or have headlined shows? I'm guessing better than half. MAKIN IT IN THE BIZ, LOL

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Mar 25,2009 12:21pm
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, BEAR WRESTLES YOU AND TICKETS SELL AND FIGHT YOU OR YOU ARE A PUSSY OR A FAGGOT PROMOTER OR SOME SHIT

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 12:22pm edited Mar 25,2009 12:23pm
One of my favorite stories on the subject:

BBA was ona weekend tour headed to the midwest. We were supposed to do a show in Indiana, but the promoter, one of those "booking agencies" that's basically just one dude with a myspace page (sound familiar) was dicking everyone around. He was trying to get the locals to sell tickets, trying to get age restrictions put on the show without telling anyone, acting like a bigshot, etc. Like 2 weeks before we hit the road he gets beat up, and gets the show taken away from him.

As we're driving to our first date on the tour the Indiana/Illinois kids out there were setting up a new show. Nobody was officially the "promoter", but all the hardcore kids out there got together, found a venue (a basement on a farm), and got dedicated about getting the word out. We pull up to this farm in the middle of nowhere and there are a shit ton of kids already there. We sell a ton of merch, and all the touring bands (and a couple of locals) get paid very nicely. ALL WITHOUT A PROMOTER.

toggletoggle post by Mattkings at Mar 25,2009 12:24pm
Anchors up has better shows and they do not force opening bands to sell a damn thing. The turn outs are great too.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 12:25pm
is it wrong to wanna hate fuck the two girls in this band and then make them piss on eachother.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2009 12:25pm
There are a few different types of promoters on this board. Let me dissect. This is off the top of my head so forgive any inaccuracies or omission. Nothing bad in here, just what I see from 50,000 feet.

DistortTrash: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Books limited obscure shows. Bands that no one else would book from countries you have never been to. Knows what they are booking and almost always sells out the venue.

Degenerate Booking: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Books shows figuring exactly what they need to do to break even on turn out. Some times they miss on a show, but I hope that the good shows balance out the misses. Misses are usually cause their audience stayed home getting drunk. They are highly active.

Massconcerts: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, but both loses and winnings have a company behind them.

RobinG: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Loses money on a lot of good shows. gets drunk fuck you.

RichHorror: mostly (and currently) puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. sometimes leaves before the money is handed out and then a mysterious stranger gets it.

Metal Thursday: puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. People show up. he moshes and does pre-announced stage jumps.

Manic: puts on a lot of mixed genre shows. they seem to do well.

Josh Hynes: Most flyering ever. Most shows do really well cause he's got a good audience.

KM/MLE: Personally does a lot of promoting/Flyering, Most shows do really well cause they's got a good audience and the promotion of theb9.

I'm thirsty: Lost money on shows, but tries to get openers to sell tickets to play to buffer that. Otherwise kids won't come out to see their friends band play. puts more on the bands to do leg work and kids seem to leave towards shortly after their friends play. Without the ticket sales from bands, give the number of shows, kids would probably play xbox over seeing their friends band and the headliner(s).

JoeNotCommon: Loses a lot on most shows. Usually hits up the ATM or Rich Horror.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 12:26pm
Ok, how many posters in this thread have CDs out and/or have headlined shows? I'm guessing better than half. MAKIN IT IN THE BIZ, LOL

How many posters in this thread were booking shows when old man thirsty was going through his first mid-life crisis 10 years ago?

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 12:33pm
haha, old man thirsty

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 25,2009 12:41pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
RichHorror: mostly (and currently) puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. sometimes leaves before the money is handed out and then a mysterious stranger gets it.

LOL

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 12:56pm
For everyone that thinks im a douchebag. I am doing a free show on Friday April 24th @ Rocko's - 253 Wilson St, Manchester NH 03103 . It is all ages and all you need to do is bring something that we can donate to the homeless shelter here in Manchester NH. All we are asking for is canned food, toys , clothing, baby food, anything you would like to donate that is worth something. A Representative from the Homeless shelter will be at Rocko's taking your donations, so you dont think im keeping any of it.
Bands playing are
SEEKER DESTROYER , HIVE SMASHER , AMINALS , HAMMER HANDS and ASTRONOMERRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Please come out and support a good cause!
Show starts around 630pm and Rocko's does have a bar.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 1:03pm
that's not free.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 25,2009 1:07pm
This thread is now officially too long for my phone.

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 25,2009 1:11pm
we are playing a show? lol I'm soooooo out of the loop.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2009 1:23pm
DYA: really? im on my phone... do I need to do pages on txt?

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 1:25pm
joeycobra said[orig][quote]

hopefully you know about the 3rd and 4th. I plan on taking a shit on the streets of Springfield.

goddammit, I hate that place.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2009 1:29pm
there are shows in sprugfied?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 25,2009 1:32pm
I wish we didn't have to cancel that weekend :(

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 1:35pm
For everyone that thinks im a douchebag. I am doing a free show on Friday April 24th @ Rocko's - 253 Wilson St, Manchester NH 03103 . It is all ages and all you need to do is bring something that we can donate to the homeless shelter here in Manchester NH. All we are asking for is canned food, toys , clothing, baby food, anything you would like to donate that is worth something. A Representative from the Homeless shelter will be at Rocko's taking your donations, so you dont think im keeping any of it.
Bands playing are
SEEKER DESTROYER , HIVE SMASHER , AMINALS , HAMMER HANDS and ASTRONOMERRRRRRRRRRR!!!

i heard you ripped aminals off when they tried to tour last summer or something to that effect.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 1:39pm
i heard he wrestled a bear once and made other people sell tickets

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 1:41pm
W3%20@%20work said[orig][quote]
that's not free.

MOTHERFUCKING FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 1:43pm
SELL TICKETS TO FREE EVENT OR YOUR BAND IS A PUSSY

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Mar 25,2009 1:43pm
this thread totally makes me wanna wrestle a bear. god help me if i get injured. goddamn subliminal messages.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 25,2009 1:44pm
what about wrestling a bear TWICE

OH SNAP

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Mar 25,2009 1:45pm
get the bear, get the bear. wrestle, wrestle

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 1:49pm
I wish we didn't have to cancel that weekend :(

you and me both.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 1:53pm
WRESTLE A BEAR FOR BABY CLOTHES DONATIONS OR BE FORCED TO SELL TICKETS CUZ YOU'RE A PUSSY

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Mar 25,2009 1:56pm
DYA: really? im on my phone... do I need to do pages on txt?

I know it does pages, but they're super long. (Unless that's just my phone? There's a "1" and a "2" button at the top when I see pages.) (Also the "bottom" button just refreshes the page, but that may be my phone.) It gets to where the links are expired by the time I can get down to the bottom. *shrug* Pages as a feature would be sweet. I'd totally sell like 50 tickets for that.

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 25,2009 2:30pm
aaron_michael said[orig][quote]

hopefully you know about the 3rd and 4th. I plan on taking a shit on the streets of Springfield.

goddammit, I hate that place.

I think joe asked me and I said sure....damn thats like....a week from this weekend...we need a drummer. fawkkk

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 25,2009 2:34pm
Timmy is doing it!

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Mar 25,2009 2:35pm
OMG LOLZ at me for reading this whole thread at work instead of painting a car

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 2:42pm
trampletheweak said[orig][quote]
Bands playing are

i heard you ripped aminals off when they tried to tour last summer or something to that effect.

Sure, i ripped them off...Why dont u ask them?

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 2:54pm
ill get on that

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 2:55pm
u do that!

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 3:01pm
great job!

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:03pm
U too!

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 3:05pm
i'm eating leftover mashed potatoes with melted cheese on top

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:08pm
Wow, im hungry. Sounds good.

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 3:11pm

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:16pm
i just made mashed potatoes, im putting the cheese on it now...

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 3:25pm

CSDO deja vu?

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:28pm
im not even gonna bother with u dude, ur pretty much a pathetic little kid. Im getting off this site before i make you cry.
Have a good night.
by the way i have csdo...

toggletoggle post by trampletheweak at Mar 25,2009 3:30pm
yuh

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 25,2009 3:30pm
LOL @ OLD SCHOOL INTERWEBZ FIGHTING.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 3:31pm
CSDO DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR OR YOU'RE A PUSSY!

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 3:32pm
Keep it coming im gonna defend tickets all day long, Most of u guys play in shitty bands i would never book anyway.

LOL considering you booked liferuiner and IWABO no one gives a fuck about what you consider "shitty"

Although selling tickets may be a wise business choice. But as you should have learned in promotion school there's this thing called business ethics. A band selling tickets in order to play is ethically wrong. Period.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:33pm
haha, an 18 year old telling me whats ethically wrong...

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 3:34pm
By the way liferuiner sold out, 280 people came. Venue holds 250.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 25,2009 3:37pm
Age has nothing to do with knowledge of ethics. Having to sell tickets to play is good for bands that are aware that they suck and can't get booked. I don't even want to sell tickets to play ever again.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 25,2009 3:39pm
By the way, 280 people have terrible taste in music.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 25,2009 3:44pm
I've never heard Liferuiner, but I do know that the last time we played Rocko's barely anyone showed because of an apparent And Then There Were None CD release show down the street, and our show had Astronomer, Hive Smasher, Cargo Cult Revival, and Biclops....so go figure

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 3:53pm
Great thread is great.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 3:55pm

doesn't change the fact that they're absolutely terrible. You're once again looking at it from a completely business aspect as opposed to actually booking good bands.

im not even gonna bother with u dude, ur pretty much a pathetic little kid. Im getting off this site before i make you cry.
Have a good night.

It's kind of funny that a little 18 year old kid is a better businessman than you will EVER be.

Also, my penis is bigger than yours.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 25,2009 4:05pm

wow, that's a lot of baby clothes. is that one of the shows you "lost money" on over the last "2 years"?

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 25,2009 4:08pm
Timmy is doing it!

timmy needs to learn the songs asap then.....actually can we just have him as our drummer? please? We will trade you three mules, 20lbs of fresh churned butter, 3 virgins all 19 years of age, and an undisclosed amount of salted ox meat.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 25,2009 4:10pm
so Tim's gonna pull double duty both days?

.....and mmmmmmmmmmmmmm salted ox meat

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 25,2009 4:16pm
280 people at a 250 capacity venue? that's irresponsible, regardless of how shitty the bands are or whether anyone sold tickets to play.

toggletoggle post by keynotecompany nli at Mar 25,2009 4:36pm
I've never heard Liferuiner, but I do know that the last time we played Rocko's barely anyone showed because of an apparent And Then There Were None CD release show down the street, and our show had Astronomer, Hive Smasher, Cargo Cult Revival, and Biclops....so go figure

That shouldn't really effect the show that much.
It's completely different people who would come out for each show.

Also 280 for Liferuiner is really good.
They did around 100 in RI I think the last time they were up here.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 25,2009 4:39pm

Bwahahahahahahaha! I've never heard this band, but I think it's safe to say I don't have to hahahaha.

toggletoggle post by thebloodening  at Mar 25,2009 4:41pm
just play a few shows for scott lee, then you'll know to just stop crying and fucking deal with it if you care about playing music...

toggletoggle post by thebloodening  at Mar 25,2009 4:42pm

Bwahahahahahahaha! I've never heard this band, but I think it's safe to say I don't have to hahahaha.

just heard about these guys like 2 days ago, annoying offbeat drumming 2nd rate weird squeeling 2 step hardcore crap...but its good to listen to when im annoyed at work.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 25,2009 4:47pm
IS GOATWHORE ON THIS?!?

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 25,2009 4:47pm
this is all i have,
and if you disrespect
you have blood on my hands! xXx
oMgZ liferuiner r00lzzzzzzzzz
show me what oyu gottttttttazzzzzz OOOoghhhppPPpoop stfu liferuiner sucks.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 25,2009 4:50pm
but i have met dave, he is a really nice guy.
bigger bands have guarantees idk whatever it sucks for bands to have to sell like a marks showplace deal of like 50 tickets, but i dont see anything with like 10.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_nli at Mar 25,2009 4:52pm
thebloodening said[orig][quote]
just play a few shows for scott lee, then you'll know to just stop crying and fucking deal with it if you care about playing music...

Scot Lee makes bands pay to play?

I played shows for him for years, ranging from shows no ones at, to downstairs palladium shows and never once have ticket sales been a requirement.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 4:53pm

doesn't change the fact that they're absolutely terrible. You're once again looking at it from a completely business aspect as opposed to actually booking good bands.

Have a good night.

It's kind of funny that a little 18 year old kid is a better businessman than you will EVER be.

Also, my penis is bigger than yours.

A better business man....wow, just because i dont book your type of bands, does not mean i am a bad business man, What your doing is showing your age...and crying over something silly... Get over it. By the way i noticed your band ( i went on myspace ) ur band is pretty shitty and u only have one show...WOW...U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 4:55pm
keynotecompany%20nli said[orig][quote]

Also 280 for Liferuiner is really good.
They did around 100 in RI I think the last time they were up here.

The reason i had so many people there is because bands sold 100 tickets before the show started.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 5:02pm

I dont think it was attwn that effected that show....

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 25,2009 5:07pm

A better business man....wow, just because i dont book your type of bands, does not mean i am a bad business man, What your doing is showing your age...and crying over something silly... Get over it. By the way i noticed your band ( i went on myspace ) ur band is pretty shitty and u only have one show...WOW...U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality > Quanity

You're still a young chap who can't handle himself on a message board. Man up, promote better and stop mooching cash off of shitty music-it's not helping anyone.

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 25,2009 5:13pm
Yay, thread reached two pages and is now convenient again! IT'S A CELEBRATION, BITCHES

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2009 5:23pm
IS GOATWHORE ON THIS?!?

recycled humor is funny

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 6:02pm edited Mar 25,2009 6:06pm

A better business man....wow, just because i dont book your type of bands, does not mean i am a bad business man, What your doing is showing your age...and crying over something silly... Get over it.

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make, you're a bad businessman because you book the bands I don't like......

By the way i noticed your band ( i went on myspace ) ur band is pretty shitty and u only have one show...WOW...U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow. That's funny because you've asked us to play before and we've played a show at Rocko's, you fucking hypocrite. Also, It's not my fault that Archaeon goes over your head. Not enough chuggerz or do we not have enough MySpace friends? You also missed that we do not have a drummer. so it's pretty unlikely for us to have shows.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 25,2009 6:24pm edited Mar 25,2009 6:24pm
By the way i noticed your band ( i went on myspace ) ur band is pretty shitty and u only have one show...WOW...U SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol
Resorting to insults to defend your "point."
You're showing your age lack of maturity.

Not only are you a pretty (apparently) shitty businessman, you are a terrible debater.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 25,2009 6:24pm
Suggestions for bands trying to make it: Do the hard work yourself. Record your own demos in your basement. Put on your own shows with people your friends with. Book yourself some tours. If you want your band to get anywhere, don't count on playing shows with national acts that don't care about you anyway, and no it doesn't help your credentials. I've opened for a large number of nationals and seen little happen because of it. Do shit yourself, work hard, go on tour and starve on the road without showering for days, and maybe something will happen for you.

Suggestions for promoters: As said before in this thread, if you can't count on the national to draw the amount of people needed to pay them off, then don't book that national, unless your willing to lose money in the process without bitching about it. Don't make the bands do the dirty work for you. Book a national band, and then book maybe one or two locals who you know can draw if you really want that much more of a draw, not 15 shitty locals who you wish would draw 20 people each. Selling tickets is not a very promising way to make the money back. Paying attention to what bands you book is.

Dave ITE: You are definitely a friend of mine, but as a promoter I'm gonna come out straight and say I can't stand the way you do shows. Obviously I'm not gonna sit here and tell you what to do, I'm just giving advice as to what I think you should do in order to avoid losing a shit ton of money all the time.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 25,2009 6:25pm
ok, whatever u say bud!

toggletoggle post by keynotecompany nli at Mar 25,2009 7:24pm
Ryan_nli said[orig][quote]

I played shows for him for years, ranging from shows no ones at, to downstairs palladium shows and never once have ticket sales been a requirement.

Interested about Scott Lee's shows.....

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 25,2009 7:40pm
So speaking of bands with wolves in their name, the new Wolves in the Throne Room ep Black Cascade is pretty ok.

toggletoggle post by thebloodening  at Mar 25,2009 7:50pm

there not, but every band usually gets like 50 tickets...

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 25,2009 7:50pm
That it is. Thirsty should book them and have 13 winters sell tickets.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 25,2009 7:56pm

Interested about Scott Lee's shows.....

Scott Lee put one of my older bands Throwing Shrapnel on a show with Origin out in western mass and we didn't have to sell any tickets but we did open the show.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 25,2009 8:02pm

-Buy a fuckload of gear
-Unload all said gear
-Reload all equipment

You left out--

-Show up late and ask the promoter if anyone has any cymbals, cabs, heads, kick pedals. etc that you can borrow.

-Whine about nobody being there and having to play on a weeknight despite doing no promotion on your own or having anyone come out to see your band.

toggletoggle post by ryan_nli at Mar 25,2009 9:02pm

there not, but every band usually gets like 50 tickets...

well thats not entirely true. i never had to sell a ticket, nor did he ever give us tickets to any show he put us on. and we played for him relatively often.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 25,2009 9:30pm
scott lee is more or less part of massconcerts in my post

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 8:23am

while logic would dictate that, that's what I was told was the reason for the turnout

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 26,2009 8:25am
No one in NH goes to shows for music. It's a social event.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 8:26am

I dont think it was attwn that effected that show....
that was the reason I was given by a few people that came out....not you, so I guess they were wrong

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 8:27am
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
IS GOATWHORE ON THIS?!?

recycled humor is funny

RECYCLE HUMOR OR YOU'RE A PUSSY

sorry I couldn't resist

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 8:34am
I am proud of where this thread went

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 8:38am

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 26,2009 8:49am edited Mar 26,2009 8:50am
No one in NH goes to shows for music. It's a social event.

agreed.

@ this thread for still raging on.

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 26,2009 9:10am
can't we all just..........................................................................

GET AN ASTRONOMER HOODIE!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 9:17am
I liek that design because I liek mudkip mountains

toggletoggle post by SteveSummoned   at Mar 26,2009 9:46am

Like everyone else I beg to differ, those are some of the best shows being run by bands who know the needs of bands and what it means to actually "promote".

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 26,2009 10:46am
but if that is the case.. wouldn't then by default it be the bands selling the tickets/taking money at the door?

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 10:53am
Good point!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 10:54am
RichHorror said[orig][quote]

-Buy a fuckload of gear
-Unload all said gear
-Reload all equipment

You left out--

-Show up late and ask the promoter if anyone has any cymbals, cabs, heads, kick pedals. etc that you can borrow.

-Whine about nobody being there and having to play on a weeknight despite doing no promotion on your own or having anyone come out to see your band.

Do I take this as a shot at my (ex)band or are you just saying in general? I don't believe you ever booked my band. Also, I can honestly say in the 8 years that my shitty band played shows, we never had to borrow equipment (if we did, we just dealt with one of the other bands, not the promoter). We also rarely played weeknights, so no occasion to whine. I've never had any delusions of grandeur about music or "making it". Caring about things is extremely gay.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 11:24am
i think rich was just talking about some of the bands he's personally booked.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 26,2009 11:27am
but if that is the case.. wouldn't then by default it be the bands selling the tickets/taking money at the door?

Big difference between having somebody work the door out of necessity, and a promoter making bands sell raffle tickets.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Mar 26,2009 11:33am
can't we all just..........................................................................

That looks like a mighty fine product, sir.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 11:41am
xmikex said[orig][quote]

Big difference between having somebody work the door out of necessity, and a promoter making bands sell raffle tickets.

Promoter selling raffle tickets?? wow, i need to go to that venue, maybe i can win some money!

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 26,2009 11:49am
Murph said[orig][quote]

That looks like a mighty fine product, sir.

Yes it is quality....and captures the pure essence of an Astronomer set in this white ink mountain print on forest green & brown hoodies.....call and order now as quantities are limited. We will also throw in exclusive Astronomer stickers, throw pillows, and coupons to JoAnn Fabrics for Grandma!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 12:46pm
JoAnn Fabrics? POSERS

ONLY MICHAEL'S IS REAL

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 26,2009 12:50pm
SAFTLERS

FTW

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 12:51pm
BUY EVERYTHING AT AMES

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 26,2009 1:07pm
I rock this sweatshirt every day.
it makes JJ happy, although he did ask me where his royalties are for the record.
i believe its in the most jokingly way possible

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 26,2009 1:07pm
there is now an astronomer sticker in the bathroom of fox hall.

toggletoggle post by Kevord  at Mar 26,2009 1:18pm
I read this whole thread and can't believe not one person used the term "Hobby Rockers".

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 1:20pm
I love my astronomer sweatshirt!! best $75.00 i ever spent

toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Mar 26,2009 1:22pm
wow that 7.5 tickets!

toggletoggle post by tramplethweak at Mar 26,2009 1:22pm
that's*

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 1:25pm
haha

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 1:28pm
BobNOMAAMRooney said[orig][quote]
BUY EVERYTHING AT AMES

ZAIRES FTW

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 1:29pm
BUY EVERYTHING AT AMES

ZAIRES FTW

ZAYRES IST KVLT

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 1:29pm
BUY EVERYTHING AT AMES

ZAIRES FTW

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 1:30pm
JOKE FAIL

U GO HOME NAO

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 1:32pm

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 1:32pm

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 1:33pm
lol amazing

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 26,2009 1:33pm
Kevord said[orig][quote]
I read this whole thread and can't believe not one person used the term "Hobby Rockers".

shhhhhhh! no. she is legend....

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 1:34pm
come on I Am Hollywood is a good record

toggletoggle post by Eli_hhcb at Mar 26,2009 1:35pm
is it wrong to wanna hate fuck the two girls in this band and then make them piss on eachother.

I think they guy who took our pictures took this too. I remember seeing it on his site.

j pettinato

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 1:41pm
get their contact info, i got some hate fucking to do.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 1:44pm
msd said
is it wrong to wanna hate fuck the two kids in the back and then make them piss on eachother.

FIXED

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 1:47pm
LOL

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Mar 26,2009 1:51pm
Zayres used to have a Dunkin Donuts AND a video rental shop at its Meriden, CT location. Got so many fucking MASK and GI Joe toys and oldtimey skate and rasslin videos there.

Zayres > trendy sandbox faggot pseudometal... unless that singer chick with the shitty star tattoos is into anal of the Rocco Siffredi persuasion.

Or perhaps the J.Dwyer variation where she'd let me shoot the rocket from my Miles Mayhem "Outlaw" tanker into her yawning arse-maw over and over again while watching old Bones Brigade videos. In which case, she may have a slight edge over Zayre's.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 1:52pm
well now I have no idea what you're talking about, but go on.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 1:53pm
SEARCH FOR ANIMAL CHIN OR YOU ARE A PUSSY

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 26,2009 1:54pm
well now I have no idea what you're talking about, but go on.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 26,2009 1:59pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
Zayres used to have a Dunkin Donuts AND a video rental shop at its Meriden, CT location. Got so many fucking MASK and GI Joe toys and oldtimey skate and rasslin videos there.

Zayres > trendy sandbox faggot pseudometal... unless that singer chick with the shitty star tattoos is into anal of the Rocco Siffredi persuasion.

Or perhaps the J.Dwyer variation where she'd let me shoot the rocket from my Miles Mayhem "Outlaw" tanker into her yawning arse-maw over and over again while watching old Bones Brigade videos. In which case, she may have a slight edge over Zayre's.

EPIC FUCKING POST

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 2:05pm
ZAYRES AND ANIMAL CHIN IN THE SAME POST? IT'S MORE LIK...never mind, I think my brain just exploded from the double time-machine action that just occured.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 2:08pm
DID SOMEONE JUST MENTION LANCE MOUNTAIN JASON JESSEE TOMMY GUERRERO AND ORANGE JULIUS? I BELIEVE I JUST DID~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1.21 GIGAWATTS AND SUCH QUADRUPLE TIME MAECHEEEN!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 2:20pm
OH NOEZ CHRISTIAN HOSOI AND GATOR!!!!1!!!

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 2:26pm
HAI JESSICA WANT TO HANG OUT? I DON'T WANT TO HURT YOU I JUST WANT TO BASH YOUR FUCKING BRAINS IN

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 2:39pm
"According to Rogowski, he had come up behind her and hit her in the head with a Club (a metal auto anti-theft device). After knocking her semi-unconscious by way of several strikes, he dragged her to his bedroom on the 2nd floor and raped her. Afterward, he placed her in a surfboard bag because he was concerned about the neighbors hearing the noise. He placed his hand over her mouth until she stopped breathing. He then drove out to the desert to bury her body in a shallow grave.

Rogowski pleaded guilty to rape and murder, and received a 31-year prison sentence.[1] He will be eligible for parole in 2009."

OH NOEZ GATORZ GETTIN OUT!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 26,2009 2:40pm
I had forgotten he bludgeoned her with "The Club".

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Mar 26,2009 2:40pm
What a shameless bit of self promotion Joey.

By the way our hoodies also come in brown ;)

Rev, maybe you can get me another modeling photoshoot, show a sequence of me taking off the hoodie and my hair blowing in the wind.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 26,2009 2:44pm
whoah. dude. no homo.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 2:44pm
"According to Rogowski, he had come up behind her and hit her in the head with a Club (a metal auto anti-theft device). After knocking her semi-unconscious by way of several strikes, he dragged her to his bedroom on the 2nd floor and raped her. Afterward, he placed her in a surfboard bag because he was concerned about the neighbors hearing the noise. He placed his hand over her mouth until she stopped breathing. He then drove out to the desert to bury her body in a shallow grave.

Rogowski pleaded guilty to rape and murder, and received a 31-year prison sentence.[1] He will be eligible for parole in 2009."

OH NOEZ GATORZ GETTIN OUT!

ALL PULLING BENIHANAS AND JAPAN AIRS ALL BRANDISHING A CLUB IN A THREATENING MANNER

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 26,2009 3:21pm
My old band had a song about Gator. The CD opened with the intro music from Skate or Die 2. LOL @ Animal Chin.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 3:23pm
SKATE OR DIE...SKATE OR DIE D-D-D-DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 3:24pm

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 26,2009 3:31pm
DWYER IN MY SKATE OR DIE 2 @ 0:16?

bennyhillifier

It's more likely than you think.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 26,2009 3:34pm
thanks for reminding me that my band did pay to play more than once. one of the stupidest things i've ever been a part of. i shed a tear once again for the days of old.

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 26,2009 3:49pm
i think rich was just talking about some of the bands he's personally been in.

fixed.

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 26,2009 4:30pm
brownonomer said[orig][quote]
What a shameless bit of self promotion Joey.

By the way our hoodies also come in brown ;)

Rev, maybe you can get me another modeling photoshoot, show a sequence of me taking off the hoodie and my hair blowing in the wind.

Hijacking the thread to be about our sick hooded sweatshirts.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 26,2009 5:02pm
Having worked with Dave Thirsty for about 6 months, I can confidently say that as a person, Dave is a good guy. He actually does have a heart, especially for his family who he's trying to support.

But as a promoter, I did not enjoy having to email bands who wanted to play our shows about them having to sell tickets or they couldn't play the show. I also had to tell them, under Dave's direction, that if they didn't draw at least 10 people, we weren't going to book them again. Since he's had new people do his work for him, all the booked shows that Rocko's has are suffering. There are too many scene kids running the gauntlet and it sucks.

There used to be some really good bands coming through southern NH but since last year, it's all gone to shit. It's only bands who are on the top of the scene kid brigade with bands like Brokencyde, Iwrestledabearonce and Liferuiner. It seems like promoters these days only care about how much money they make and not the quality of shows they're booking. It's really too bad because my old band, The Cadaveric Manifesto, has played for Dave and every Rocko's show we played was a disappointing experience. We never saw a dime for anything we played and I told Dave straight up that I am never selling tickets. Not enough of my friends care about Metal so I don't bother asking them to buy into something they don't like.

The whole music industry is surprisingly still running despite the terrible business decisions. In my opinion, 2 years of booking shows is nothing. 2 years is when you start doing anything and making an impact. Keyword there is START.

I got accepted to Great Bay Community College this week. I'm taking their Liberal Arts - Business program. I plan on either starting my own booking/promotion company or my own label. Having had the limited experience in the music industry, I still know better than to do it the way that everyone else in this area has been doing it. Selling tickets and pay-to-play shows be damned.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 26,2009 5:06pm
unholy_dave said[orig][quote]

fixed.

you dont go online lol and yeaaaaaaaah that muuuuuust be it lol

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 5:47pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
Having worked with Dave Thirsty for about 6 months, I can confidently say that as a person, Dave is a good guy. He actually does have a heart, especially for his family who he's trying to support.

But as a promoter, I did not enjoy having to email bands who wanted to play our shows about them having to sell tickets or they couldn't play the show. I also had to tell them, under Dave's direction, that if they didn't draw at least 10 people, we weren't going to book them again.
This is why you dont work for me anymore.

Since he's had new people do his work for him, all the booked shows that Rocko's has are suffering. There are too many scene kids running the gauntlet and it sucks.

Actually we have had local shows sell out, and things have been great! I dont know where people are getting that im hurting...

There used to be some really good bands coming through southern NH but since last year, it's all gone to shit. It's only bands who are on the top of the scene kid brigade with bands like Brokencyde, Iwrestledabearonce and Liferuiner. It seems like promoters these days only care about how much money they make and not the quality of shows they're booking. It's really too bad because my old band, The Cadaveric Manifesto, has played for Dave and every Rocko's show we played was a disappointing experience. We never saw a dime for anything we played and I told Dave straight up that I am never selling tickets. Not enough of my friends care about Metal so I don't bother asking them to buy into something they don't like.

You did sell tickets for me, dont you remember. And you never saw a dime, cuz no one came to see you. You did not draw, your drummer even fell asleep at a show you were playing..

The whole music industry is surprisingly still running despite the terrible business decisions. In my opinion, 2 years of booking shows is nothing. 2 years is when you start doing anything and making an impact. Keyword there is START.

I got accepted to Great Bay Community College this week. I'm taking their Liberal Arts - Business program. I plan on either starting my own booking/promotion company or my own label. Having had the limited experience in the music industry, I still know better than to do it the way that everyone else in this area has been doing it. Selling tickets and pay-to-play shows be damned.

Good luck booking metal shows, save your metal kid!

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 26,2009 5:49pm
I've said everything I feel should be said. All that's left to be said is lulz that people are still getting bitchy in this thread.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 26,2009 5:51pm

To be honest you don't really need to get a business degree to run either of those things. Mostly passion for it an a little bit of common sense. I'm going to be going to Belmont University (in Nashville) for a degree in Music Business starting next year. Booyah

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 26,2009 5:55pm
I do however want one of them astronomer hoodies.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 26,2009 6:03pm

To be honest you don't really need to get a business degree to run either of those things. Mostly passion for it an a little bit of common sense. I'm going to be going to Belmont University (in Nashville) for a degree in Music Business starting next year. Booyah

Well, I know that but I figure if I have a better grasp of the financial aspect of running a professional business than I will do better with it.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 26,2009 6:04pm

Good luck booking metal shows, save your metal kid!

Thanks but I don't need luck. I care about Metal shows more than you apparently, my friend.

toggletoggle post by immortal13 at Mar 26,2009 6:09pm
Thems fightin words right thar

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 26,2009 6:16pm
I don't care about making a quick buck off this shit, I wanna do it because I love it. I go to shows because they're awesome and I would think that the people putting them on would actually fucking care about them too.

As soon as people stop booking shitty bands like Iwrestledabearonce, the trendiness of this crap will stop.

Stop feeding the fags, Dave.

toggletoggle post by thirsty  at Mar 26,2009 6:42pm
fags eat food too man, as a christian ( u claim to be ) dont you have to be nice to everyone?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 26,2009 8:24pm

fixed.

A little from column A, a little from column B. Dave isn't my friend anymore apparently. :(

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Mar 26,2009 9:17pm
I keep on wanting to grammar nazi dwyer thirsty, it's bugging me.

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Mar 26,2009 10:32pm
Just a reminder, Astronomer hoodies.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 26,2009 11:00pm

HAVE YOU SEEN THESE HOODIES

FUCK DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

toggletoggle post by unholy_dave at Mar 27,2009 1:36am
RichHorror said[orig][quote]

fixed.

A little from column A, a little from column B. Dave isn't my friend anymore apparently. :(

that's not true, i love a richard of abhorrence

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 27,2009 1:39am
I WAS THAT NIGGA THAT WOULD HAVE DIED 4 U :((((((((((((

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 27,2009 1:40am
HC/Metal hybrid band names are getting gayer by the minute. Joke or not, it's not funny...it never was.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 27,2009 1:41am
Come see I Saw A Bus Once But That Dont Make Me A Bus Driver on tour this summer

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 27,2009 2:06am
I almost googled it to see if it actually was a band name. I wouldn't be surprised by anything these days...even if it was:

"I once saw a Pussy on the Internet get fucked anally so I guess I've done anal"

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Mar 27,2009 2:08am
sorry...I meant
Ioncesawapussyontheinternetgetfuckedanallysoiguessivedoneanal

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2009 7:32am
I don't care about making a quick buck off this shit, I wanna do it because I love it. I go to shows because they're awesome and I would think that the people putting them on would actually fucking care about them too.

you know, i believe you more than i would most people. you seem legit.

toggletoggle post by sinofangels-ray  at Mar 27,2009 8:23am
am I too late 4 this thread ...i was just hoping to get a tix to the show?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 8:26am

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 8:33am
tickets, pizza, hobby rockers, and bears. oh my.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 8:34am
NO NOT YET

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 8:34am
This thread tongue wrestled a penis once.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 8:37am
Aaron,

boooooooooooooooooooo.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 8:37am

don't forget ASS-TRONOMER HOODIES

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 8:45am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
This thread tongue wrestled a penis once.

I GOTTTZ THESE CHEEZBURGHERS MAHN

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 27,2009 8:47am

don't forget ASS-TRONOMER HOODIES

And mid-eighties professional skateboarders.

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 27,2009 8:47am
How many of the kids at the show will look like this???........now ask yourself how badly they need a crucial Astronomer hoodie...and how much cooler they'd be with one!!!!

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 8:52am
Iwrestledanentirepartyonce

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 8:55am

why am i not invited to these parties

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 9:11am
who says you're not?

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 9:13am
THIS PARTY'S JUST GETTING STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 9:15am
who says you're not?

the restraining orders from mass and nh :(

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 9:17am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
THIS PARTY'S JUST GETTING STARTED!!!!!!!!!!!!

AW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 9:20am
who says you're not?

I won't tell if you don't.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 9:21am
who says you're not?

I won't tell if you don't.

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN, HEY DID I MENTION.....

I GOTTTZ THESE CHEEZBURGHERS MAHN

toggletoggle post by DYA NLI at Mar 27,2009 9:25am
Congrats W3 on the 300th post in this awesometarded monstrosity of a thread.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 9:32am
FUCK YEAH, DOES I GET TO KEEPS MY CHEEZ BOORGERS NOI

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 9:33am

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 9:34am

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 9:37am

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 9:42am
ITT: Bobby Knight reacting to Thirsty McPoser telling him he has to sell tickets to the Final Four.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Mar 27,2009 9:44am
Hahaha

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 9:44am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
ITT: Bobby Knight reacting to Thirsty McPoser telling him he has to sell tickets to the Final Four.
LMAO

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 9:45am

SELL TICKETS OR GTFO

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 27,2009 9:46am

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 9:53am
xmikex said[orig][quote]
ITT: Bobby Knight reacting to Thirsty McPoser telling him he has to sell tickets to the Figure Four.

Fix'd. LOL

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Mar 27,2009 11:18am
I wish I saw this thread earlier... I would have pushed brown all over this.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 27,2009 11:30am

was this before or after pete got me in a choke hold?

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 11:35am
probably after

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 27,2009 11:38am
actually yes it was after, goodtimes.

now lets watch THOR

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 27,2009 12:28pm
xanonymousx said[orig][quote]

was this before or after pete got me in a choke hold?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 27,2009 12:44pm

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 27,2009 12:47pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

I'm being serious though. There's too much corruption these days in the booking industry. I think the reason why I'm Thirsty has survived is because they're one of the only "companies" in NH bringing the bigger tour packages around. Mark's Showplace does but no one likes them and their staff are gay. ITE has been able to keep the tour packages coming only because he finds naive, scenester teenage moshcore bands to sell tickets for him. It's almost a necessary evil.

My approach to the whole thing is to do it the right way and pay the bands that deserve it. I want to bring as many good bands to my area as possible and give them what they need to survive. I think the bands with more experience deserve more because they've worked harder. The bands that are just starting out won't be playing shows with a silver spoon in their mouths. They have to work for it. My plan is to make friends, not enemies.

I think Dave should stop caring what we think about him here and do his own thing until someone comes along and does it better aka ME.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 12:49pm

I'm being serious though.

well fucking cut it out.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 27,2009 1:09pm
Son of a bitch, I'm so sorry. Wanna fight about it? It can be the new RTTP boxing fight. No MMA though. No homo.

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 1:15pm
The thought of Brendan IRL fighting Mike crossed my mind and I LOL'd at work

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 27,2009 1:15pm

DUURruururuRRUUrrururuUUUUuRRRUURRRuuRRR DURRdurdurdurdurDURRRRRRRRR

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 27,2009 1:17pm
they scare easily but they'll be back and in greater numbers

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 27,2009 1:17pm

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 27,2009 1:18pm
The thought of Brendan IRL fighting Mike crossed my mind and I LOL'd at work

Brandon*

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 27,2009 2:11pm
keeping this on the first page!

bear wrestling bands are must see.....buy MOAR TIX!!!!!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 27,2009 2:19pm
Brandon should fight Brendan. IRL.

toggletoggle post by brodown at Mar 27,2009 2:58pm
DID YOUR DAD EAT YOUR DAD

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 27,2009 3:50pm
xmikex said[orig][quote]
Brandon should fight Brendan. IRL.

There's a Brendan on the board?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 27,2009 4:20pm
yup St Jude singer

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 27,2009 4:45pm
Oh. I don't everyone's names on here.

toggletoggle post by brownonomer  at Mar 27,2009 7:24pm
Iwrestledmydadonce. Hebeatmeanddidntfeedmefor8days. Idontseehimmuchanymore.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 27,2009 11:38pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

I'm being serious though. There's too much corruption these days in the booking industry. I think the reason why I'm Thirsty has survived is because they're one of the only "companies" in NH bringing the bigger tour packages around. Mark's Showplace does but no one likes them and their staff are gay. ITE has been able to keep the tour packages coming only because he finds naive, scenester teenage moshcore bands to sell tickets for him. It's almost a necessary evil.

My approach to the whole thing is to do it the right way and pay the bands that deserve it. I want to bring as many good bands to my area as possible and give them what they need to survive. I think the bands with more experience deserve more because they've worked harder. The bands that are just starting out won't be playing shows with a silver spoon in their mouths. They have to work for it. My plan is to make friends, not enemies.

I think Dave should stop caring what we think about him here and do his own thing until someone comes along and does it better aka ME.

didn't you work for this guy or something, personallty a lot of people say 'hey bandA has played with bandB which is successful maybe giving band A sucess. but whatever giving people a chance i guess, if the bandB is big enough band A will easily sell the 10 tickets to play in front of many scenester type kids who cares if the band sounds like shit.... IME just booked Number12lookslikeyou, they're aren't really emo but whatever man.

i thought you liked all these cool bands like acacia strain and emmure anyways didn't you buy a $50 ticket for that show in decemember? go buy an astronomer hoodie 100% cotton

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 28,2009 12:23am
GO BUY YOUR OWN ASTRONOMER HOODIE OR YOU'RE A PUSSY!

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 28,2009 12:35am
oh i have an astronomer hoodie, its 100% cotton fits nice, keeps me warm during the cold weather, easy too wear around town, guy from the red chord commented on how cool it was last time we hung out. yeahh dude. its awesome.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 28,2009 12:59am
I've been thinking about getting one but I'm broke now. I have to save up for school and continue supporting my daughter.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Mar 28,2009 1:19am
cancel the internet

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 28,2009 1:38am

toggletoggle post by astr0n0mer at Mar 28,2009 4:37pm
hoodies

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 28,2009 4:46pm
hoodies would have contained the brain splatter above.

toggletoggle post by MetalThursday  at Mar 30,2009 7:44am

Metal Thursday: puts on shows that no one cares about money at. gets drunk. People show up. he moshes and does pre-announced stage jumps.

Oooh, I'm really gonna make you earn your free admission from now on... no more pre-announcing my stage jumps!

toggletoggle post by aaron_michael  at Mar 30,2009 8:37am
first page FTW

toggletoggle post by joeycobra  at Mar 30,2009 12:15pm
Gimme YO Astronomer HOODIESSSSSSS!

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Mar 30,2009 3:13pm
"Girl with the big face. It's as big as a dinner plate."

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][1:21:18pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.14271 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]