New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Peppers to the Pats? Will my dreams be answered? by RustyPS on Mar 16,2009 3:25pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 3:25pm

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 16,2009 3:26pm
what did the Lions trade him already

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 3:28pm
he was never on the Lions

....lol?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 16,2009 3:31pm
julian peterson got traded to the lions. easy to comfuse those guys since they have similar names.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 16,2009 3:34pm
hmm weird

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 16,2009 3:35pm
holy shit! My only question is how they'll work with the francise tag he carrries that's worth over $16 million. That's even more then Cassle was getting. Maybe if Peppers agrees to a restructured contract.

toggletoggle post by W3 @ work at Mar 16,2009 3:35pm
i'm pretty sure that's the only thing that would hold up the trade

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Mar 16,2009 3:37pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
julian peterson got traded to the lions. easy to comfuse those guys since they have similar names.

all Negroes look the same to me

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 16,2009 3:41pm
Brian Peppers is going to fuck shit up.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 3:49pm
Dankill said[orig][quote]
holy shit! My only question is how they'll work with the francise tag he carrries that's worth over $16 million. That's even more then Cassle was getting. Maybe if Peppers agrees to a restructured contract.
I will try to find the info to double check, but the highest paid position in the NFL is quarterback, and Cassel's franchise number was over $14 million, which would make a d-lineman's draft number definitely less than that

....but as it stands right now, the Pats don't have that much room under the cap...so if this does go through, something else will probably have to happen so that peppers can be signed AND have enough money to sign whoever they draft AND possibly resign Wilfork, Seymour, and/or Mankins

man, being a GM must be ridiculously hard

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 16,2009 3:49pm
they'll resign wilfork but not seymour.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 16,2009 3:53pm
Being a GM is only hard if you're good at it. If you draft and acquire players as well as the Patriots do you run into problems like this eventually.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 3:53pm edited Mar 16,2009 3:53pm
about what dredkill said, I feel that way too, but you never know with them

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 16,2009 5:15pm
RustyPS said[orig][quote]
I will try to find the info to double check, but the highest paid position in the NFL is quarterback, and Cassel's franchise number was over $14 million, which would make a d-lineman's draft number definitely less than that

....but as it stands right now, the Pats don't have that much room under the cap...so if this does go through, something else will probably have to happen so that peppers can be signed AND have enough money to sign whoever they draft AND possibly resign Wilfork, Seymour, and/or Mankins

man, being a GM must be ridiculously hard

"this is from the article posted above:
Peppers, on whom the Panthers have placed a franchise tag that assures him of a one-year contract worth $16.68 million, would be converted to outside linebacker in New England's 3-4 defense."

So yeah, they'll have to do some interesting trickery to make that work out if Peppers is really looking at that kind of cash this season.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 16,2009 5:16pm
the Pats wouldnt do the trade if they could work the contract side of it too.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 16,2009 5:31pm
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]
the Pats wouldnt do the trade if they could work the contract side of it too.

Like they scream on EEI, Sean, Your making my point. If they can't get Peppers on contract that fits with the team's salary cap projections, it's not gonna happen.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Mar 16,2009 5:47pm
hmm I would what 16.68 million dollars looks like

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 6:11pm
I heard it on EEI about the franchise number....that does seem fishy to me

logic would dictate that the 5 highest paid QBs would average out to more than the average of the 5 highest paid D-Linemen....but D-Linemen salary might be top heavy in that the highest paid of the bunch would be really high and it gets much lower after that

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Mar 16,2009 7:58pm
50% chance it's a ploy to make the Jets trade their #17 pick to the Panthers for Julius Peppers to play in a system he can't possibly succeed in.

toggletoggle post by Coma nli at Mar 16,2009 8:28pm
I'd rather get a smaller win total than add random players that don't fit the salary cap.

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Mar 16,2009 8:28pm
man this would be sick. peppahs is ill kehd.

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 16,2009 8:46pm
BTW, Rusty. The more I read about Conner Barwin, the more I'm hoping the Pats land him somewhere in the draft. This guy could be a great multi-position weapon on the defense.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 16,2009 10:43pm
Yea, my friend started raving about him to me, and I'm like yea whatever....but the more I hear about him, the more I like him...plays both sides of the ball...smart...willing to learn....sounds like the perfect Pats player

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Mar 16,2009 10:51pm

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Mar 17,2009 7:36am
Update from the Panthers: DENY DENY DENY DENY!

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Mar 17,2009 8:32am
Yea, my friend started raving about him to me, and I'm like yea whatever....but the more I hear about him, the more I like him...plays both sides of the ball...smart...willing to learn....sounds like the perfect Pats player

you didnt know who dood was until recently?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 17,2009 9:24am
i hope they get arec barwin

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Mar 17,2009 9:27am
corpus_colostomy said[orig][quote]

you didnt know who dood was until recently?
I don't follow college football much

toggletoggle post by W3 @ WORK at Mar 17,2009 9:32am
Update from the Panthers: DENY DENY DENY DENY!

of course theyre gonna deny it, Peppers has signed his contract yet.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][11:06:47am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01312 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]