New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I would order so much shit from Nuclear War Now! Productions if they had reasonable shipping rates. by demondave on Mar 7,2009 6:05pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 7,2009 6:05pm
Seriously, am I the only one? He makes great stuff - I'm not denying that, but I never order because of the shipping. He will only send Priority mail. Two records for 29 bucks. Get ready for $12 in shipping. WTF? So many times I have had impulse buys that stop when I see the shipping. I then turn to Hell's Headbangers to finish my fix......

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 6:20pm
I believe Yosuke only offers one shipping method to make it easier on himself, as I believe he's a really busy guy and runs NWN entirely by himself. He seems to run the most honest distro -- all CDs are $5, single records rarely cost more than $15-$17. I recently purchased the Master's Hammer LP reissues and a couple of CDs. The shipping was $17, but it was a 4x-LP set and pretty damn heavy, and it came in four days (San Francisco to Salem, MA).

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 7,2009 6:38pm
I like Yosuke and I like his stuff. I have ordered in the past, but only if it is one of his extremely rare die hards. If he ordered media mail, I would order a lot from him. But he doesn't, so the shipping often has prevented me from continuing.

Actually, now that I think of it, he uses an online ordering system that tallies up the postage. It's not as if he has to break out the calculator every time. He just doesn't feel like allowing it.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 7,2009 6:47pm
It does suck but with the CD's only being $5 it evens out....

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 6:51pm
Ehh, I guess you'd just about break even if you were to order the same material from Hell's Headbangers with media mail, but with no tracking and a shipping time of around three weeks. It's nice to get stuff quickly, but I'd go for media mail myself if it were available, as I usually do when ordering from HHs. I think the locals in the Bay Area can just pick their orders up from Yosuke himself... spoiled fucks.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2009 6:55pm
so just order enough stuff that the plane ticket pays for itself OR get a friend out there to buy your stuff and mail it to you. if I had a business out there, I would pick up your orders and charge you $1.50 for handling.

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 7:04pm
So totally looking forward to the next NWN! VON LP pressing. I missed out last time around...

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 7,2009 7:22pm
Matt, what are you getting into tonight?

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 7:31pm
Alcoholic beverages.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 7,2009 7:37pm
where at?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2009 7:39pm
dateseseses

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 7:44pm
AndrewBastard said[orig][quote]
where at?

Right now just Salem, but I hear word there's some basement show junk in Allston. Not even sure who's playing. You should come rage here if you want.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 7,2009 7:47pm
I probably will...there isn't anything else going on.

Where's it at?

toggletoggle post by NuclearWinter at Mar 7,2009 7:48pm
I'll text you.

toggletoggle post by AndrewBastard at Mar 7,2009 8:01pm
Word.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2009 8:33pm
another happy snoodling match up.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 7,2009 9:07pm

I am the Yenta of the metal world

toggletoggle post by Humanity's Plague Prod. at Mar 8,2009 10:12am
$7 cds, flat shipping rate of $6 for up to 10 cds...Humanity's Plague Prod.

http://www.myspace.com/humanitysplagueproduction

toggletoggle post by Arghs at Mar 8,2009 10:27am

toggletoggle post by BSV at Mar 8,2009 10:51am
no media mail option?
I'm totally devoted to HH. Awaiting for my copy of King Diamond - Copenhagen Saga, which should be here any day next week.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Mar 8,2009 1:32pm

I worship Hells Headbangers. My wife and I hung out with them a month ago when we saw Nunslaughter in Rochester NY.

The low priced CDs everyone is mentioning, are cool deals. I am a vinyl nut though, and that is why the NWN! stuff is so interesting to me. Yosuke makes good stuff, and has an eye for picking up vinyl. He's not a rip off. the shipping he charges is the shipping. I am just noting that he only orders one type of shipping. If he had other options (ie media mail) I would order much more often. Times are tough. I don't have as much money to blow on shipping as I used to....

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Molested Sinister Warhammer
[default homepage] [print][4:03:31pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.03079 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]