New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dawn of the Dead 10 minute sneak preview on TV by succubus on Mar 10,2004 12:49pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 10,2004 12:49pm
while listening to Stern this morning on my drive in...heard the ad..trying to get the details..

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 10,2004 1:10pm
yes please!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 10,2004 1:13pm
it may be tonight...i'm looking i'm looking..dammit

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 10,2004 1:16pm
got it!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 10,2004 1:16pm
Usa to Debut the Terrifying First 10 Minutes of 'Dawn of the Dead,' Complete and Uncut, in First-ever Motion Picture and Television Event on Monday, March 15
Friday March 5, 6:01 pm ET
- Five Days Before Film's Theatrical Release on Friday, March 19 -

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., March 5 /PRNewswire/ -- On Monday, March 15, in a first-ever motion picture and television event, USA will debut-in its complete, uncut entirety-the intense opening 10-minute sequence from Universal Pictures' upcoming zombie horror film "Dawn of the Dead." The heart-pounding footage, which immerses viewers nearly immediately into a surreal, terrifying world under siege by zombies, will be shown between 10:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., near the end of USA's telecast of "Final Destination," which begins at 8:00 p.m. Eastern/Pacific (check local listings) on Monday, March 15.
ADVERTISEMENT

This first-time-ever telecast will allow viewers to watch a full, uncut sequence from the film five days before it hits theaters. USA Networks and Universal Pictures strongly caution that the footage contains graphic violence and language consistent with the film's "R" rating and recommend that viewers exercise discretion before tuning in.

"'Dawn of the Dead' is so good it's combustible," commented Adam Fogelson, president of marketing for Universal Pictures. "It gets your adrenaline going and keeps it there. You'll scream, laugh, hide your eyes and cheer. We wanted to find a way to give people a real taste of that before the film comes out. Showing the first 10 minutes of 'Dawn of the Dead' unedited, exactly as it exists in the movie, speaks for itself. This material is intended for mature audiences, so the responsible place to air it is after 10 p.m. on USA, a cable network, with plenty of warning about its content."

"This unprecedented telecast is exactly the kind of creative collaboration we love to offer our partners," said Michele Ganeless, executive vice president and general manager of USA Network. "It's a promotional win/win for everybody -- USA gets unique content while Universal gains tremendous exposure for its film."

"Dawn of the Dead" opens nationwide in theaters on Friday, March 19, 2004. "Dawn of the Dead" has received an MPAA rating of "R" (Restricted -- Under 17 Requires Accompanying Parent Or Adult Guardian) for pervasive strong horror violence and gore, language and sexuality.

Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Jake Weber and Mekhi Phifer head an ensemble cast in a re-envisioning of George Romero's apocalyptic horror classic, "Dawn of the Dead." An unexplained plague has decimated the world's population and yet ... the dead aren't dying. They've become zombies, stalking endlessly in a constant quest to feed on the flesh and blood of the few remaining living.

A ragtag group of desperate survivors in a Wisconsin town seek refuge in a large indoor mall, where they must learn not only to protect themselves from the ever-increasing zombie horde, but also to co-exist with each other as a last bastion of humanity. Sealed off from the rest of what used to be the world, the group uses every available resource (both within and without) in their against-all-odds fight to remain alive and human.

Universal Pictures Presents A Strike Entertainment / New Amsterdam Entertainment Production: "Dawn of the Dead," starring Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Jake Weber and Mekhi Phifer. The music is by Tyler Bates; the music supervisor is G. Marq Roswell. The editor is Niven Howie; production designer, Andrew Neskoromny; director of photography, Matthew F. Leonetti, A.S.C. The executive producers are Thomas A. Bliss, Dennis E. Jones and Armyan Bernstein. "Dawn of the Dead" is produced by Richard P. Rubinstein, Marc Abraham and Eric Newman. It is based on a screenplay by George A. Romero, with a screenplay by James Gunn. The film is directed by Zack Snyder. (C)2004 Universal Studios www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net

Universal Pictures is a division of Vivendi UNIVERSAL Entertainment (VUE) ( www.universalstudios.com ), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

USA Network is a program service of Universal Television Networks, part of the Universal Television Group, a division of Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE) ( www.universalstudios.com ), the U.S.-based film, television and recreation entity of Vivendi Universal, a global media and communications company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 10,2004 1:33pm
i thought stern was done?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 10,2004 1:34pm
not on WBCN 104.1

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 10,2004 3:54pm
hmm--I'm looking forward then. But there's no beating the original. The opening shot is a close up of a . . . CARPET! (red, though)

This one looks like it has too many survivors in the group. The original is four people trying to deal. But hey. More horror movies the better. I hope this gets Romero more work.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 11,2004 9:27pm
just saw the ad on tv again

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 11,2004 9:42pm
i haven't seen this advertised. i guess i should go
watch more TV

toggletoggle post by mycradleofnails  at Mar 11,2004 10:21pm
litacore said:
hmm--I'm looking forward then. But there's no beating the original. The opening shot is a close up of a . . . CARPET! (red, though)

This one looks like it has too many survivors in the group. The original is four people trying to deal. But hey. More horror movies the better. I hope this gets Romero more work.

Romero isn't directing it.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 12,2004 10:46am
I know but he deserves to make the Dead Reckoning movie, maybe this will raise his profile

but then again maybe they'll remake Citizen Kane

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 12,2004 2:50pm
They're remaking 2000 Maniacs too. Its called 2001 Maniacs. GRAAH! Remakes piss me off!

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 15,2004 10:31pm
well, that was pretty a decent 10-minute tease.

looks like they cut some stuff in places, but nonethless I approve of what they threw at me.

I like the helicopter shot of the 200MPH highway crash.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 15,2004 10:33pm
i missed it =(
guess i'll just have to wait.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 15,2004 10:36pm
I'm in line. I'll have to try and put the original outta my mind though.

I think it'll smoke "28 days later"--just ten minutes of it already beat the crap out of that one.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 16,2004 1:13am
damn..i missed it too
and it's opening this weekend!!

we've both got a show every day this up oming weekend...maybe we can squeeze it in aaron?

i'm excited

toggletoggle post by the guitars in ligeia are ill-matic at Mar 16,2004 1:33am
28 days later sucked my cat off, along with a lot of the other "great horror movies" people worship. The plots are rediculous in most of them. "...but it was so gory" fuck that. if your really not too worried about the plot, watch faces of death or something, and see what it really looks like when someone gets their face blown open with a shotgun.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 16,2004 3:11am
28 days later fucking ruled. it was like Dawn of the Dead, only this time they could run!!!!! which made every single second of the movie suspensful, because this time there REALLY was a threat. it wasn't even that gory of a movie. it was a good horror movie

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 16,2004 11:45am
i liked 28 days later...and am looking forward to this one too

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][10:04:04pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01308 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]