New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Band Rehearsal Spaces in MA by neverpurified on Feb 27,2009 1:09am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Feb 27,2009 1:09am
Anybody know of any? Preferably around the North Shore/Merrimack Valley Area?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 27,2009 1:12am
I got a place, but the equipment is a steal!

toggletoggle post by Beorht-Dana  at Feb 27,2009 2:17am
DS practices in Woburn and I've heard there's a place in Chelmsford. Neither of those is really close to you though.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 27,2009 7:54am
i work for sound museum and we got nuttin near ya. come to boston lad.

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Feb 27,2009 8:10am
Chelmsford isn't too bad actually, about 25 miles away from where I live; and we currently practice in Salem MA which is about the same distance from my house. It's about the same distance from the other guys as well

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 27,2009 8:30am
witches

toggletoggle post by Beorht-Dana  at Feb 27,2009 2:02pm
The place in chelmsford is called the music mill. I dont really know anything about it and for all I know it might not even be around anymore but here's the phone number and website if you want to check it out.

(978) 251-7900

http://www.geocities.com/musicmillne/

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Feb 27,2009 3:13pm
hahaha. geocities.

toggletoggle post by Beorht-Dana  at Feb 27,2009 3:56pm
Yeah, the fact that they have a geocities page in 2009 makes me wonder a bit.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Feb 27,2009 4:13pm
I think there's a place in Wakefield somewhere near 95

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Feb 27,2009 4:59pm
yeah I think there is a jamspot or something like that in Wakefield but those places are fucked

there is also a place in Billerica

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 27,2009 6:34pm
jamspot is a rent by the hour place, not a place you can leave your gear at.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 27,2009 6:34pm
my friend's band is looking to share their space, but it's in charlestown, probably too far for you guys.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 27,2009 6:35pm
isn't there a place in haverhill somewhere? talk to shroud of bereavement. i think they practice somewhere up that way.

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Mar 1,2009 8:40pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
isn't there a place in haverhill somewhere? talk to shroud of bereavement. i think they practice somewhere up that way.

That place got shut down over a year ago for not meeting fire, safety, and health codes

toggletoggle post by Aura At Dusk at Mar 1,2009 8:56pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I got a place, but the equipment is a steal!

win

toggletoggle post by SteveSummoned   at Mar 18,2009 11:36pm
Beorht-Dana said[orig][quote]
The place in chelmsford is called the music mill. I dont really know anything about it and for all I know it might not even be around anymore but here's the phone number and website if you want to check it out.

(978) 251-7900

It's still around, we practice there.

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Mar 20,2009 1:10am
SteveSummoned said[orig][quote]
Beorht-Dana said[orig][quote]

(978) 251-7900

It's still around, we practice there.

what are the monthly rates for that place? and do they allow multiple bands to share a space?

toggletoggle post by jarvus at May 11,2009 10:40pm
The Music Mill rehearsal space is still going strong for twenty years and has outlasted all the others because of how it's managed. The security is tight, and there are no roomshares which actually prevents your gear from turning up missing or damaged when you're not there by your roomates. The price is easily affordable for 1 band starting at $275 a month, and the complex is always full up because bands travel from all over New England to go there.

Website http://millproduct.home.comcast.net/

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 11,2009 11:50pm
rock st is where it is at all the heavy hitters practice there.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at May 11,2009 11:52pm
neverpurified said[orig][quote]
dreadkill said[orig][quote]

That place got shut down over a year ago for not meeting fire, safety, and health codes

is the place that used to be the edge of jordan in layfette square still a practice place?

toggletoggle post by axofsteel at May 13,2009 3:13am
All kinds of music are welcome at Music Mill, there is no discrimination. Easy to get to from all over New England at the junction of I-495 and Route 3 on the Lowell/Chelmsford line. Rooms start at $275 a month rent. Actually there are many url's that get you to the same main website, try this one http://millproduct.home.comcast.net The old geocities link still works and remains up only because it is indexed on every search engine since the beginning of time at http://www.geocities.com/musicmillne/

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at May 13,2009 4:37am
At 1.99 a domain name, why can't the Music Mill afford one? I mean, if it's "always full" then can't you pop for the $2 a year to not have your web addy be "geocities.com" or "comcast.net"?

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at May 13,2009 8:37am
haha I was wondering the same thing.

toggletoggle post by Tulsa at May 14,2009 9:18am
Actually shroud of bereavement moved over to the music mill when the riversedge got shut down by the city of haverhill back in 2007. However, I think the band has since split up.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 14,2009 9:40am
yeah, shroud definitely split up, considering they're playing tonight at metal thursday.

toggletoggle post by Tulsa at May 27,2009 4:17am
Well obviously they got back together again. Great Band.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hostile Lurid Pharaohs
[default homepage] [print][11:13:47pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01578 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]