New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New CCorpse album by corpus_columbine on Feb 22,2009 2:11pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by corpus_columbine at Feb 22,2009 2:11pm
It's excellent and a cheap grab at newbury comics. I personally think it's one of their best since Vile. The album is full of excellent axe tones, and perhaps their tightest drumming to date. Comes with a great dvd that delves into the writing process (very cool), the studio experience with 'the rutan,' and an exploration of the gear they used..

Cannibal Corpse is one of those bands to many people take for granted because they are almost a house hold name, and all the jaded hessians wanna look them over for more kvlt bands but this album to me is a testament to the bands vitality and relevance imho.

GRAB IT MAAAAN!

toggletoggle post by neverpurified  at Feb 22,2009 2:13pm
Great album, one of the best in my opinion. Top-notch songwriting, as well as musicianship. The tighter drumming is probably due to the fact that this is the first album on which Paul played to a click.

The making-of DVD is pretty cool. A lot of interesting snippets of recording, how they came up with the songs, lyrics, tones, etc.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Feb 22,2009 3:50pm
Does Newbury still sell it with the new release price??

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2009 4:22pm
def like it alot better than Kill. some sick grooves on thar too

toggletoggle post by Bob Barker at Feb 22,2009 5:05pm
I de-friended someone who said it wasn't as good as Kill. Don't fuck with me or Corpse.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2009 5:15pm
ah god

toggletoggle post by Bob Barker at Feb 22,2009 5:23pm
Watch out I'll defriend you or worse

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 22,2009 5:40pm
what could possibly be worse?

toggletoggle post by demondave at Feb 22,2009 9:38pm

I like it a lot. That deal the ad rep talks about in the first post is pretty cool. I was in Texas for a while for my job and craving some sense of normalcy. When I was in a mall/galleria I came across a Newbury Comics and I popped in.

I was just in there to look at stuff for fun, when I saw it for 10 bucks with the DVD extra. I immediately picked it up. It was so worth it.

toggletoggle post by demondave at Feb 22,2009 9:41pm

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2009 7:24am
well this is good news, i thought Kill was mediocre at best.

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Feb 23,2009 9:24am
LOL. I liked KILL.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2009 9:27am
I just heard one cut on Sirius -- Evisceration Plague or something like that? Honestly I didn't like it, sorry -- I hope the rest of the album is better. My two favorite albums were The Bleeding and Vile.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2009 10:30am
Butchered at Birth, Vile and Bloodthirst rule so hard.

toggletoggle post by Bob Barker at Feb 23,2009 10:35am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
I just heard one cut on Sirius -- Evisceration Plague or something like that? Honestly I didn't like it, sorry -- I hope the rest of the album is better. My two favorite albums were The Bleeding and Vile.

Worst song on the disc, a terribly boring and predictable track. Sucks it's their title track. Everything else on the disc kills bleeding and vile, no worries.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 23,2009 10:37am
man, there is no way in Hell that this beats The Bleeding and Vile, and i haven't even heard it yet. new stuff NEVER tops the classics.

toggletoggle post by Bob Barker at Feb 23,2009 10:38am
lol yeah i just like whats most brootuls and technical.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Feb 23,2009 10:39am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
well this is good news, i thought Kill was mediocre at best.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Feb 23,2009 10:58am
Bob%20Barker said[orig][quote]
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]

Worst song on the disc, a terribly boring and predictable track. Sucks it's their title track. Everything else on the disc kills bleeding and vile, no worries.

That's good news -- I agree about it being boring & predictable. Glad to hear the rest of the album is better -- I was both enraged and depressed when I heard that crappy song.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Feb 23,2009 12:07pm
I remember liking the Wretched Spawn, I bought Kill when it came out and probably only heard it like 3 times to this date. Ill probably just download this new one since i dont really wanna spend more money on another possible shelf filler.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][1:18:50pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.02528 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]