New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Death metal guitarist seeking musicians by legionofthedying on Feb 4,2009 1:30pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 1:30pm
I'm looking for some musicians who want to help turn my one-man project into a full band. Check it out here:

www.myspace.com/scaphismofficial

I've got enough songs written for a full-length, and have cover art ready; so I'm looking for musicians who can learn quickly so that we can get into the studio and record as soon as possible. Contact me if you're interested or can recommend anyone to me.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 4,2009 1:57pm
Sound like, influences, where U is, etc. (No MySpacey from worky.)

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 2:17pm
I'd describe it as thrashy death metal. I try to blend thrash riffs and occasional slam-type riffs into old school death metal. The biggest influences for me are probably: Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Gorguts, Suffocation, etc. and some 80s thrash like Whiplash, Tankard...

I live in Hingham. Don't have a practice space yet, but I do have a full PA system and guitar rig. Let me know if you wanna know anything else

toggletoggle post by Seth at Feb 4,2009 2:52pm
I may be interested(drums)... is there a lot of speed in this project. Sorry I cannot check out the music, at work.

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 2:56pm
Its definitely not out of control blasting all the time. Theres blasts in every song but they aren't ridiculously fast, but good and tight double bass is definitely a must.

toggletoggle post by Seth at Feb 4,2009 2:59pm
Got that down and do you have 4/16 beats and thrash 4/4 and 4/8 styles not much into the slam shit but like flowing shit.. Ok I have to go to work and will msg later when I get home to check out the myspace..thanks..later

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 3:03pm
Yeah. Theres upbeat thrash beats, blast beats, groovy double bass parts, etc. I try to keep it interesting, with lots of different feels crammed into a single song.

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 4,2009 9:43pm edited Feb 4,2009 9:44pm
Do you need vocals? I'm available.

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 10:04pm
Yea I do need vocals. Definitely in a similar style to my demo tracks, except much more brutal and well executed than my own mediocre vocals. Do u have anything I can hear?

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 4,2009 10:12pm
quitting herugrim?

toggletoggle post by Seth at Feb 4,2009 10:42pm
hhahhahahahahahaha!

toggletoggle post by Seth at Feb 4,2009 10:46pm
Dude that is some cool shit... let me know if you want to hang with Arilliusbm and check out Herugrim and see what comes of it? Do you play basss?

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 4,2009 10:59pm
legionofthedying said[orig][quote]
Yea I do need vocals. Definitely in a similar style to my demo tracks, except much more brutal and well executed than my own mediocre vocals. Do u have anything I can hear?

www.myspace.com/thecadavericmanifesto

I was the vocalist for this band for about 6 months until we broke up.

I would rather do something in person though because my lows have gotten a lot better.

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 11:06pm
Thanks man. We should jam definitely and see how it sounds. Do u have a space? ...and yes I do play bass.

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 11:09pm
Thanks MillenialKingdom. Those are some hyper songs. haha. Good performance though. Do u live all the way up in Dover?

toggletoggle post by fleshfries nli at Feb 4,2009 11:18pm
Do you need a 2nd guitarist at all?

I do solo shit as well:

http://myspace.com/mattorourke

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 11:26pm
Not sure yet. Once I hear it with a drummer and bassist I'll know, depending on how full it sounds. I'll let you know though if I do end up deciding to add a 2nd guitar. Good chops!

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 4,2009 11:28pm
Here's the deal. Our band (Seth and I) are currently searching for a bass player. We've got a room in Allston and he's itching to play fast stuff. I can do vocals as well buy my schedule is really tight as of late. Great stuff though, I like.

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 4,2009 11:37pm
Ok. Well I'm already playing bass in a band as well as trying to get Scaphism off the ground so I don't think I would be able to commit to yet another band. (Really good material though. I wish you had more up on your site!) I wish we could both help each others projects out, but like you, my schedule is tight. If you wanna jam the Scaphism songs though and see how that goes, I would love to jam.

toggletoggle post by Seth at Feb 5,2009 12:21am
Let me know if you want to jam in allston sometime soon, I have a lot of time on my hands .. are you avail this weekend? send me a msg at http://www.myspace.com/herugrimclan

toggletoggle post by FIMSd-r-u-n-k at Feb 5,2009 12:25am
play faster

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Feb 5,2009 3:20pm
I live in Rochester, not Dover but I don't mind traveling down to jam if you're interested in having me. PM me for details.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 5,2009 3:32pm
legionofthedying said[orig][quote]
Ok. Well I'm already playing bass in a band as well as trying to get Scaphism off the ground so I don't think I would be able to commit to yet another band. (Really good material though. I wish you had more up on your site!) I wish we could both help each others projects out, but like you, my schedule is tight. If you wanna jam the Scaphism songs though and see how that goes, I would love to jam.

are you the dude that was handing out tapes at the Carcass show?

toggletoggle post by legionofthedying  at Feb 5,2009 3:50pm
hahaha. yeah that was me. you get one?

toggletoggle post by Nomute080 at Jun 15,2009 11:35am
Hey you looking for another guitarist? I play lead and rhythm and can scream as well. My email is jackass2day@juno.com or you can just message me back.

toggletoggle post by BoarcorpseJimbo   at Jun 15,2009 12:10pm
Boarcorpse is looking for a second guitar... we play thrashy groovy death ourselves.. just sayin.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][2:01:23am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.04811 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]