New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pires Appreciation by ouchdrummer on Feb 3,2009 12:59pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 3,2009 12:59pm
So....
I know there doesn't NEED to be another thread about the 31st show at the Oasis, but this one is to show my appreciation for the part PIRES played in the HORRIFYING set. When watching the video, and the trumpet part kicks in, we all fall on the floor laughing. It's perfect, and he should be a permanent part of the band.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 3,2009 1:00pm
hahaha yeah that trumpet was perfect. HC was so different than what i expected.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 3,2009 1:00pm
i was on the other side of the room setting up merch, and when i heard the trumpet i started laughing uncontrollably. twas awesome.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 3,2009 1:02pm
I honestly can't stop smiling thinking about it. The crazy part is that he had never heard the stuff before, and what he played fit perfectly.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Feb 3,2009 1:02pm
lnks? plz?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Feb 3,2009 1:03pm
at first i thought it was an air horn

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Feb 3,2009 1:06pm
I'd love to see this video, post it up!

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Feb 3,2009 1:07pm
My_Dying_Bride said[orig][quote]
lnks? plz?

the links will be up in the "videos from the 31st" thread that i put up yesterday. We will have those ones in there as soon as my guitar player converts them and gets them on youtube. Hopefully within a day or two.

toggletoggle post by My_Dying_Bride at Feb 3,2009 1:09pm
just checked those vids out...good stuff man

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 3,2009 8:09pm
I regret that I couldn't make it in general. But mostly because it prevented me from delivering the melody of a certain amazing 80s song I transposed for trumpet for Mr. Pires

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 3,2009 8:45pm
i knew i was awesome...i tell myself that every morning i wake up. but to have an actual thread made about me...wowza!

but in all seriousness, i stopped playing after a while because i was honestly thoroughly enjoying the music of HC. I was thinking "i thought this was a joke band", but it was actually pretty fucking enjoyable. and looking back on it, this show was probably the best thing I've been to in awhile.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 3,2009 8:52pm
that bitch in the middle must be the crowned jewel of that little party

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Feb 3,2009 9:05pm edited Feb 3,2009 9:05pm
I appreciate

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 3,2009 10:32pm
Honestly, I think everyone in HC wants trumpet in the band now...like, officially. Pires, if you're up for it, we're down for it, haha.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Feb 3,2009 10:45pm
haha shit. Honestly I haven't played in WELL over 9 years. I was just playing the same notes over and over because I lost my improv skills. But I'll seriously consider it. And I'll more than likely be at every show HC does anyways.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Feb 3,2009 10:50pm
APREESHED FOR THE TRUMPETING SKILLZ

(and I feel bad about the disapreesh thread ripping on Portugal, I was just joshing)

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Feb 4,2009 12:04am
Just play notes that are in key or some shit and you'll be fine. And if they're not in key, fuck it!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][10:45:10am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01243 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]