New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Pawning your highschool ring by arilliusbm on Jan 27,2009 10:43am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 10:43am
I keep hearing the price of gold is wicked high kehd, but I don't have much gold and am not Portuguese. The only thing I have of some value in gold is my highschool ring. I can't remember if it's 10k or 14k but it's got gold in it nonetheless.

Anyone ever trade theirs in for cash? Or anything else that's not extremely valuable in gold? I'm thinking I'd get 200-300 for it? Not sure..

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 10:46am
to each their own, but i wouldn't ever get rid of it. i may not have liked high school but it was still an interesting time.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 27,2009 10:47am
You'll get dick, most likely.

More importantly, you have a high school ring? I bet Quincy High School gives out diamond encrusted heroin syringes to their graduating class.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 10:47am
Mines been collecting dust for a long time..

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 27,2009 10:54am edited Jan 27,2009 10:54am
my highschool ring was a four track cassette recorder

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 10:54am
Yea, I've got a highschool ring with my old basketball number encrusted on the side. What a joke, I don't even remember getting this really.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Jan 27,2009 10:57am
I threw mine in the ocean when i was tripping balls.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jan 27,2009 10:58am
pam said[orig][quote]
I bet Quincy High School gives out diamond encrusted heroin syringes to their graduating class.

I heard they let you pick something out of the Newport cigarettes merch catalog. I want to be buried in my Niggaports class of 2000 beach towel.

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jan 27,2009 10:58am
You guys wasted your money on high school rings, massive lolz.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 11:02am
Wouldnt' be a waste if I can make profit from it.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 27,2009 12:43pm edited Jan 27,2009 12:46pm
Some data here:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2007/04/11/class-ring-value.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/05/business....html?_r=2&ref=business&oref=slogin

I skipped getting one, regretted it, then didn't care, now am not sure. Helpful I am, yes.

Good place to weigh and value a ring:

https://online.kitco.com/selling/

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 12:44pm
i'm glad i got one. its proof that i've actually accomplished something in my life.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 27,2009 12:45pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i'm glad i got one. its proof that i've actually accomplished something in my life.

thats what the diploma is for. you can get a class ring and then drop out.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 12:46pm
i don't know where my diploma is hahaha

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 27,2009 12:48pm
oh haha ya mine is in a box somewhere. i wanna use it as a rolling paper someday

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 12:49pm
hahahahahahahahahahaha awesome

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jan 27,2009 12:53pm
I never actually got a copy of my diploma. I had to go to summer school after my senior year to finish a class and got invited to a school sponsored graduation party over the summer (which I also didn't go to) but I never found out for sure if I actually graduated. I just assume yes.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 27,2009 1:19pm
They wouldn't let me get a cow on mine so I told them to go to hell.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Jan 27,2009 2:01pm
Even if I had $500 to throw around at any point while I was in high school, I wouldn't have blown it on a gay-ass ring to remind me of 4 miserable years of my life.

toggletoggle post by aril at Jan 27,2009 2:03pm
i thought highschool was great. highschool boobs, good music, highschool boobs, and good music

toggletoggle post by dftg at Jan 27,2009 2:19pm
I was the ONLY metal kid in my high school. seriously, THE ONLY ONE. CTborderpatrol came along I think a year after me and he listened to punk and shit, but other than that, I was on my own. and I couldn't afford boobs, I went to school to with stuck-up cunts.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 2:25pm
same here. my nickname on the baskbetball court was "satan" because they didn't like my music.
I do remember showing some doofus SOD's "united forces" and he yelled at me saying you can't understand the lyrics or hear the vocals.
I remember befriending the "strange" kid that no one ate lunch with and trying to get him into some death metal but it failed. he was the same kid that got caught beating off a bunch of times

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 27,2009 2:25pm
i hated almost everything about high school. college was a good time.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 27,2009 2:28pm
dftg said[orig][quote]
gay-ass ring

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 27,2009 3:05pm
i never bought a ring. i would have never worn it and i bought a '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera instead. i'm not sure which is worse, the pic above, or this

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 3:23pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
same here. my nickname on the baskbetball court was "satan" because they didn't like my music.

that is so fucking weird, my nickname in high school was also Satan. there is a video of my junior year talent show where i went up with a bunch of friends and lip-synched Marilyn Manson's The Beautiful People and you can hear people yelling "SATAAAAN". i was also the only person into metal at my school. i had a friend who worshipped Dying Fetus, but other than that no one else had any clue what black or death metal was. in English one year we were able to bring in a cd, i brought in Dark Funeral's "The Secrets of the Black Arts", everyone just made fun of it until the teacher took it out.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 3:24pm
darkwor said[orig][quote]
i never bought a ring. i would have never worn it and i bought a '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera instead. i'm not sure

there is nothing bad about an 88 Olds Cutlass.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 3:29pm
anyone ever do senior pranks?

my friend and I took a magic marker and drew the principal sucking a giant penis in the mens bathroom. I then signed this kids name and they were questioning him all day hahahaha
so many things happened on the last day of highschool. these group of kids brought in rats and let them loose in the halls, another put dead fish in the radiators/vents, and someother just did donuts in the front and fucked up the lawn real bad

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 27,2009 3:32pm
someone let a swarm of locusts loose in the library one year, so after that they cracked down hard on senior pranks with threats of expulsion. my senior year myself and another guy put vaseline all over the railings in the most traveled section of hallway. one year someone put saran wrap all over a teachers room, for some reason i want to say it was FuckIsMySignature's brother, but i can't say for sure.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 3:34pm
swarm of locusts ftw hahaha

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 27,2009 3:37pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
one year someone put saran wrap all over a teachers room, for some reason i want to say it was FuckIsMySignature's brother, but i can't say for sure.

you are correct... i actually helped with that. lol.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Jan 27,2009 3:41pm
I kept a little krazy glue pen in my pocket and I would glue quarters to random places like on a railing in the middle of the stairs. People would stop to pick up the quarter and it would cause a huge traffic jam of people. Yeah I was retarded.

Oh, and I too was called satan. I guess that waht that proves is that when people don't know somebody they call him stupid names.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 27,2009 3:42pm
i know someone else who was also called satan in their highschool. it must be a pretty common term for people who listen to metal in highschool..

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jan 27,2009 3:45pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
darkwor said[orig][quote]
i never bought a ring. i would have never worn it and i bought a '88 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera instead. i'm not sure

there is nothing bad about an 88 Olds Cutlass.

I had an 88 Cutlass Ciera XC. It was supremely badass.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 27,2009 3:46pm
In the electronics shop at Valley Tech, we had a thing called "The Poop Drawer". 'Nuff said.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 27,2009 4:08pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
anyone ever do senior pranks?

my friend and I took a magic marker and drew the principal sucking a giant penis in the mens bathroom. I then signed this kids name and they were questioning him all day hahahaha
so many things happened on the last day of highschool. these group of kids brought in rats and let them loose in the halls, another put dead fish in the radiators/vents, and someother just did donuts in the front and fucked up the lawn real bad

We reversed the toilet plumbing to flush into the A/C intake.

It was LOL until the kops arrived... fjuck.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 27,2009 4:17pm
the Olds was badass until i was driving down 290 one day going around 60mph because it wouldn't go faster...it started shuttering and the entire front dashboard fell onto my lap.

car still runs fine. i sold it for $50 bucks a few years ago and saw it on the road last year in worcester, i knew it was mine because mine had a maroon body with a navy blue fender and a slayer sticker on the back.
gotta love the bench seats.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][1:04:08am Apr 16,2024
load time 0.01684 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]