New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Remember, race isn't genetic by Conservationist on Jan 21,2009 3:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 21,2009 3:23pm

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jan 21,2009 5:30pm
huh. good article, wasn't about what i thought it would be. The way you titled the thread was a little misleading, but whatevs.

A+ for an interesting thread that doesn't confuse me....yet..

toggletoggle post by Doomkid   at Jan 21,2009 6:36pm
You should check out this show called Radiolab on NPR. Listen to the podcast of the one called Race. It goes through some very interesting tests and studies.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 21,2009 7:13pm

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Jan 22,2009 11:40am
"The good news is that the genetics of Arabs and Jews have been pretty extensively researched. The classic study dates to 2000, from a team lead by Michael Hammer of University of Arizona. They looked at Y-chromosome haplotypes - this is the genetic material passed from father to son down the generations."

Michael... Charles... Hammer?

there is no mention of race in any of those articles, arabs and middle eastern jews are of the same genetic background, in what way is that surprising? the only difference between them is religion, geography and environment have been shared for millenia. People in tropical environments across the globe have heightened PTC tasting, check out studies of the same thing in South America, one truth of tropical environments is that there are far more poisonous plants which provides necessity for adaptation to detect and avoid their typically bitter taste markers, that has nothing to do with race. As far as prenatal autism, well I don't know where you were going with that.

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Jan 22,2009 3:55pm
also, your mom isn't genetic

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Jan 22,2009 4:24pm
grizloch said[orig][quote]
there is no mention of race in any of those articles

WHAT

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][6:10:16am Apr 16,2024
load time 0.00981 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]