New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> BASS PLAYER AND/OR YELLER LOOKING FOR BAND, YES NO MAYBE? by DestroyYouAlot on Jan 20,2009 11:11am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 11:11am edited Jan 20,2009 11:16am
Hi, folks,

Like the tagline says - bass guit-fiddlist and hollerer looking for a band, probably.

My main influences are black metal, thrash, viking/folk metal, hardcore punk and crust. Also regular-ass folk music, ambient stuff, etc. I can get down with good death metal, although I've never played in a DM band as such. Bass-wise, I'm all about Geezer Butler, Steve Harris, Cliff Burton and Alex Webster with honorable mentions to Lemmy and Harley Flanagan (although I don't really play with a pick, anymore). As far as my style goes, I play with a super-hot sound (just shy of distortion) and don't tend to stay on the root unless the music really demands it. (I'm probably too fiddly for my own good, to be perfectly honest.) I like to play leads here and there, although I'm only just cracking the lid on the tapping thing. So if you're looking for somebody to dun-dun-dun along with the rhythm guitar and stand next to the drums, I'm probably not your guy. (I understand octave pedals can be had on the cheap, nowadays.)

Vocally, I'm pretty confident with harsh vocals (I tend to live in the mid-to-high range, there - I can't really do the guttural thing with any reliability) and I can hang with clean vocals if I know the part by heart and have a monitor. King Diamond screams in a pinch (just not necessarily well, but I have no shame whatsoever). Singing and playing is no problem. Also I tell a mean rendition of The Aristocrats.

15 years on bass (albeit on and off), singing backups for better than half of that, and did frontman duty for a year in my previous band. I've got bass gear (LTD 5-string, SVT head and two servicable 15" cabs) but no PA, although I hope to remedy that situation soon. I do have transportation - an ever-so-manly Dodge Caravan (that's badly in need of an oil change, but I digress). I have basic home recording capability, so I can do the track trading thing if that's how you work. I enjoy the hell out of good beer and good smoke, but that's about as far as I go with the drogas, nowadays. I'm in Hopedale, MA, working in Framingham, so NH or the north shore are probably too far for me. Boston, central-to-southern MA, northern RI or CT are moar like it.

The deal is, I bowed out of my previous thing (Herugrim) due to (wait for it) musical and personal differences with one or two of the guys (no hard feelings there that I'm aware of), and I'm really not wanting to get rusty again, but I'm sort of hesitant to get back into a full-time commitment at the moment. My job's super up-in-the-air (contractor, maybe getting hired full-time, maybe not, and I'm not sure when vacation days start materializing), and finances are a little iffy this month (we just moved and the car needs work), so I have limited ability to tour and/or kick in money beyond a practice space and gas to shows. Besides that, I've got my pet project that I want to work on (Glasfear), but I don't feel like I'm ready to get that off the ground just yet. I'd almost rather do something short-term, or do session stuff, or somebody's side project. But if the right thing materializes, I'm down to go with it. (This wishy-washy enough for ya?) I don't need to be doing vocals, necessarily, at least for something that's not my main thing, but I do enjoy babbling away on the mic. I'd be down to try singing with no guitar to hide behind, although it'd be a first for me. So with all that said, anybody need anything done?

Ok, that's me done - LOL away. (Mcgunk?)

(P.S.: No Gothenchusetts ATG rip-offs or metalcore, pls. KTHXBYE)

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 20,2009 11:13am
I HEARD HERUGRIM IS LOOKING ::

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jan 20,2009 11:13am
fuck

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 20,2009 11:13am
You live in MA?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 11:14am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
I HEARD HERUGRIM IS LOOKING ::

D00D, REALLY? THOSE GUYS R DREAMY!!11!

LOL

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 11:15am
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
You live in MA?

Oops.

Yeah, I'm in Hopedale. NH or the north shore are probably too far. Lemme edit that in - my bad.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 20,2009 11:22am
That's too bad -- it looks like I have secured a new drummer and might have something cooking in the near future. But, it will be in NH. Also, you probably want to play out more than I do.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 20,2009 12:40pm
The feelings are real hard, Steve. Real hard.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jan 20,2009 12:43pm
fight fight fight

fuck him in the pussy

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 1:18pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
The feelings are real hard, Steve. Real hard.

I'll give you a hard feeling, buddy.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 20,2009 1:19pm
I'll have to think long and hard about that. Long and hard.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 20,2009 2:55pm
see our add here http://returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=54867
we've decided to keep it to one guitar and get another bass, i think you'd like what we're doing.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 20,2009 3:02pm

toggletoggle post by MASSDEATH at Jan 20,2009 3:29pm
How do you write and do you have any recordings of your songs or bass lines an vocals? Post. Please. You seem to be into a lot of metal and have you been in bands like that? If so references. Vocals, do you sing loud or soft and how is your pitch and studio and live experience?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 20,2009 3:31pm
Find a whole band, minus a vocalist and be in a band with me. Easy peasy.

toggletoggle post by MASSDEATH at Jan 20,2009 3:33pm
Can you play fast.... and how fast?

toggletoggle post by MASSDEATH at Jan 20,2009 3:44pm
Ok, no reply then piss off!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 3:46pm
darkwor said[orig][quote]
see our add here http://returntothepit.com/view.php?formid=54867
we've decided to keep it to one guitar and get another bass, i think you'd like what we're doing.

Damn - how have I not seen that ad, before? That's a fearsome list of influences. Lemme listen to it tonight, and then we'll have coffee talk - no big whoop. [/LINDA RICHMAN]

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 20,2009 3:47pm
Motherfucker, I mentioned that to you a while ago. A long and hard while ago.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 3:49pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Find a whole band, minus a vocalist and be in a band with me. Easy peasy.

NO U

toggletoggle post by Seth at Jan 20,2009 3:50pm
mass death sound interested?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 3:52pm
Seth said[orig][quote]
mass death sound interested?

He appears to have impulse control problems, but yeah.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 20,2009 4:06pm
Linda Richman said
rhode island is neither a rhode nor an island, discuss.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 20,2009 4:13pm
i have a schpilkis in my goneckdigizoink

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jan 20,2009 4:13pm
Depending on where you go in Rhode Island you're on an island...

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jan 20,2009 4:14pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Easy peasy.

Why, at first glance, did I read that as "Eat pussy"?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 20,2009 4:16pm
EAT PUSSY OR YOU ARE A FIGHT

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Jan 20,2009 4:19pm

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 4:19pm
PM me with a phone number, Mr. Darkwor?

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 20,2009 4:21pm
our guitarist's name is also steve and he also plays with an extra string..obviously that means you must jam with us.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 20,2009 4:24pm
W3%20nli said[orig][quote]

fap fap fap fap

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Jan 20,2009 4:28pm
As a former bandmate of DYA, I must say, someone find him a band. But beware of his farts, (sometimes) flat jokes, 4chan humor, and his ass-crack, which seemingly appears out of nowhere sometimes.

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Jan 20,2009 4:32pm
ARIL THAT'S WHAT I DO

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 20,2009 4:44pm
Two Steves?!? I QUIT.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 20,2009 4:48pm
THAR CAN BE ONLY 1!!1!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jan 20,2009 5:31pm
hey steve, we need a bassist

toggletoggle post by ctb0rderpatrol at Jan 20,2009 5:31pm

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Jan 20,2009 6:30pm
there's black metal here in need of bass. shane said he would do it live if we dont get anyone else. can you picture shane in a black metal band? last i knew mike from sacreligion wanted to play keys. he might have been drunk.

toggletoggle post by hyper_sludge at Jan 20,2009 8:14pm
I know Forced Asphyxiation is looking for a bass player. They're good if you like brutal shit. They're in Boston, don't know if that's too far for you.

toggletoggle post by hyper_sludge at Jan 20,2009 8:14pm
you could always join an At The Gates cover band, too/

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 13,2009 9:08am edited Feb 13,2009 9:09am
Well, it looks like I'm no longer looking - I have officially joined Darkwor (OFFICIAL, LOL). I think a few of you guys are going to be very pleasantly surprised to hear this stuff (I know I was) - best reference points I could give would be Immortal worship with heavy doses of Bathory, a shot of Impaled Nazarene, and lots of ambient noise in the spaces. Show-setting-up-d00dz, expect to be bugged for setting-up-of-shows in a month or two. KTHXBYE

OK WRAP IT UP PEOPLE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE [/THREAD]

(Also, maybe Glasfear in the not-too-distant future? )

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 13,2009 9:16am
I've still got the powertabs of Glasfear. PLAGERISM IST KRIEG

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 13,2009 9:25am
NO KRIEG IST KRIEG

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Feb 13,2009 9:43am
satan's foul blessing upon RTTP for making this union possible, many months of hard practicing, soft drugs, and knob fiddling ahead.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 13,2009 9:45am
since you've got our old bass player, want to find us another one now? haha

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 13,2009 9:46am
KNOB FIDDLING

toggletoggle post by darkwor  at Feb 13,2009 9:51am
sadly, you don't want any bass players i know.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 13,2009 10:11am
Jim, you should totally take the tabs and start your own Glasfear and then we can play competing shows and trash each other on the internet and/or court. GLASFEAR CONTEST GOOOOOOOOOO

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Feb 13,2009 10:17am
Well, I do have like 6 songs I wrote in Tabit. I guess that could suffice?

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Feb 13,2009 10:22am
NO ONLY STOLEN SONGS

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:10-pronged Orchestral Euphony
[default homepage] [print][8:56:17am Apr 23,2024
load time 0.03729 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]