New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> You think just because I went to an Acacia Strain show that automatically makes me a terrible music fan? by BobNOMAAMRooney on Jan 7,2009 5:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
You think just because I went to an Acacia Strain show that automatically makes me a terrible music fan? - usless poll
1Yes
2Get over yourself! I liek what I liek!!!111
no vote

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 5:12pm
Black Flag? I don't know Davey...

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jan 7,2009 5:31pm
1) i know this is a joke.

2) i think far too many people make fun of other people for liking certain bands, going to certain shows etc.. I Have had people look through my Ipod and roll their eyes and laugh at me in that "haha, now i got you sorta way" I guess under the assumption that i care at all what people think of my musical tastes. I feel that music is far too personal to make fun of someone for liking something. Even if that something makes you sick. Not only is it mean (which doesn't bother me, i am a prick quite frequently) but it's silly. It's like making fun of someone for liking a certain type of food.

I know this statement wasn't brought on by anything, but i see things all the time that make me think of it. If you make fun of someone's musical taste, you are very very lame. You obviously have no soul, and listen to music for the wrong reasons.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 7,2009 5:44pm
i like the Acacia Strain... sue me.

toggletoggle post by TheBloodening  at Jan 7,2009 5:44pm
i voted number 2

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Jan 7,2009 5:45pm
there is however no excuse for there to be Usher cds on my roommates computer. THAT is uncalled for.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 7,2009 5:46pm
You'll be hearing from my lawyer soon, Tom.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 6:28pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
It's like making fun of someone for liking a certain type of food.

Whatever fag, way to like Fruit Loops

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jan 7,2009 6:43pm
This thread is retarded.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 7,2009 6:43pm

2) i think far too many people make fun of other people for liking certain bands, going to certain shows etc.. I Have had people look through my Ipod and roll their eyes and laugh at me in that "haha, now i got you sorta way" I guess under the assumption that i care at all what people think of my musical tastes. I feel that music is far too personal to make fun of someone for liking something. Even if that something makes you sick. Not only is it mean (which doesn't bother me, i am a prick quite frequently) but it's silly. It's like making fun of someone for liking a certain type of food.

I know this statement wasn't brought on by anything, but i see things all the time that make me think of it. If you make fun of someone's musical taste, you are very very lame. You obviously have no soul, and listen to music for the wrong reasons.

Metal is the new emo.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 7,2009 6:46pm
Usher is better than the acacia strain

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 6:48pm
MillenialKingdom said[orig][quote]
This thread is retarded.

Then pray that it disappears.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 7,2009 6:57pm
Ha, pray

toggletoggle post by BRADMANN   at Jan 7,2009 6:58pm
Characteristics

Though a sub-genre of metalcore, deathcore is heavily influenced by modern death metal in its speed, heaviness, and approach to chromatic, heavily palm muted riffing and dissonance. Lyrics may not always be in the death metal vein, but traditional growls, and screaming are prevalent, often combined with metalcore vocals. Much of deathcore features breakdowns and melodic riffs.[3][6]

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 7,2009 7:05pm
Calling The Acacia Strain deathcore is an insult to deathcore, and deathcore is already insulting to itself.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 7,2009 7:18pm
The internet is predicated upon mocking the inferior predilictions of others.

And we only pick on you because deep down we like you, CTB. Consider this thread a cybernoogie, lil' shaver. Musical puberty beckons. Soon enough, you'll turn the Cross towards Hell and writhe in Satan's flames

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 7,2009 7:26pm
All sortsa predication and predilicticatin' cyberboogie pickatration and suchwhat.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 7:27pm
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
cybernoogie

More liek cyberNIGGER,

amirite?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 7,2009 7:29pm
CYBERDOUBLENIGGER

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 7,2009 7:32pm
Oh wow

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 7,2009 7:39pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2009 8:16pm
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
CYBERDOUBLENIGGER
lol.

CYBERTRIPLEJEW

toggletoggle post by AnotherMetalDrummer  at Jan 7,2009 8:18pm
Has anyone in here ever hear a band called August Burns Red? I am not really a fan of metalcore but these guys kick ass! They have some of the best breakdowns I have ever heard. These guys make Unearth look like a highschool marching band. I like August Burns Red-Sue me!

toggletoggle post by Pires at Jan 7,2009 9:01pm
consider yourself sued AMD.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Jan 7,2009 9:33pm
Mothafuckas gettin' lawsuits up the wazoo in this shit.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2009 9:39pm
jew lawyers

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 9:39pm
Jewyers

toggletoggle post by MillenialKingdom  at Jan 7,2009 10:09pm

And we only pick on you because deep down we like you, CTB. Consider this thread a cybernoogie, lil' shaver. Musical puberty beckons. Soon enough, you'll turn the Cross towards Hell and writhe in Satan's flames

Dude, give me a break. I'm not going to name drop bands to act cool but you have no idea who I really listen to. Just because I listen to one shitty band doesn't mean every band I listen to is shitty. This whole thing is just juvenile.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2009 10:11pm
does that mean that you haven't heard the new hjökhrtuqkj? jeeeesus.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jan 7,2009 10:41pm

wow..... just read what i said. I guess i was feeling serious. sorry.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Jan 7,2009 10:45pm
Jim, this is srs business.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jan 7,2009 10:49pm
Please leave the internet.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2009 10:56pm

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 7,2009 10:57pm

Dude, give me a break. Can you guys please tell me what super cool bands I should listen too? I'll even start a thread for it, pretty please. I really just want you guys to dictate my musical taste...but I'm totally above that and shit, amirite?

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Jan 7,2009 11:08pm
Congratulations. You just upgraded your wedgie to an ATOMIC wedgie. Where's your God now?

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Jan 7,2009 11:27pm
archaeon said[orig][quote]
Jim, this is srs business.

wow, yeah i was feeling lame i guess. fuckin silly.

toggletoggle post by ArilliusBM  at Jan 7,2009 11:28pm
I've never even heard Acacia Strain nor even know what they look like or sound like. I've always avoided them. I guess I did right?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 7,2009 11:30pm
God is listening to bring me the horizon with his ear buds in. He can't hear your prayers now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 8,2009 12:02am
orly?

Video Link

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Jan 8,2009 12:47am
WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHUT IT DOWNNNNNNNN

toggletoggle post by Lamp nli at Jan 8,2009 7:14pm
This whole thing is just juvenile.

I'd say something about this argument being no better than "It says so in the Bible", but you're not above that either.

Have fun being lame.

toggletoggle post by ohai at Jan 8,2009 8:33pm
the guy who was making fun of you probably listened to hanson

toggletoggle post by ohai at Jan 8,2009 8:34pm
but in all seriousness who the fuck cares. listen to what you want to and who the hell cares what some dood thinks.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Jan 8,2009 10:43pm
Lamp%20nli said[orig][quote]
This whole thing is just juvenile.

I'd say something about this argument being no better than "It says so in the Bible", but you're not above that either.

Have fun being lame.

Now now, that insult about the bible was very

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][6:26:39pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.03431 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]