New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Passion tickets bear 'mark of the beast' by RustedAngel on Mar 1,2004 4:06pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 1,2004 4:06pm
bahahahahaha this rules!!!

ROME, Georgia (AP) -- Tickets at one movie theater screening Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ" are being deemed decidedly unholy.

The number 666, which many Christians recognize as the "mark of the beast," is appearing on movie tickets for Gibson's film at a Georgia theater, drawing complaints from some moviegoers.

The machine that prints tickets assigned the number 666 as a prefix on all the tickets for the film, said Gary Smith, owner of the Movies at Berry Square in northwest Georgia. The 666 begins a series of numbers that are listed below the name of the movie, the date, time and price.

"It's from our computer and it's absolutely a coincidence," Smith said. "It has nothing to do with the film company or any vendor. It's completely in our computer."

In the Bible, the book of Revelation says 666 is the "number of the beast," usually interpreted as Satan or the Antichrist.

Several patrons have made comments about the numbers, and one person who was uncomfortable having 666 on her ticket asked for a pass to be substituted for a ticket.

"A lot of people have asked what the numbers mean, some said it seemed odd, some said it was inappropriate," said theater employee Erica Diaz.

The movie, which opened Wednesday, is a bloody depiction of Christ's final hours and crucifixion.

toggletoggle post by davyp at Mar 1,2004 4:11pm
get over it.... computers deal w/ #'s and that was bound to happen somewhere..... cool nonetheless

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 1,2004 8:07pm
People really gotta shut up about this movie. Its fuckin driving me nuts.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 1,2004 8:21pm
damn it!
I just read that.
awesome story

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 1,2004 8:23pm edited Mar 1,2004 8:24pm
I know what computers those were printed on

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 1,2004 8:26pm
Blame it Gawd.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 1,2004 10:15pm
MORKUL's ticket didn't have 666 on it. i feel cheated

toggletoggle post by mikehostageheart not signed in at Mar 2,2004 1:04am
the best part about this thread is that when i saw it on the main board page, it had 6 comments and 66 views....*in spooky voice* creeeeeepy..... and i had to go and ruin that by posting this.

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 2,2004 12:35pm
wonderful how numbers trick us

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 2,2004 12:52pm
xMikex gave aaron a 666 sticker for his birthday..from the meat dept
heh

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][7:52:02am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01640 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]