New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I hate Dashboard Confessional by XmikeX on Feb 29,2004 11:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Feb 29,2004 11:19pm
and i don't feel the least bit bad about it.

i resent the idea that I SHOULD fulfill a certain quota of emo, indie, and avant garde bands. I resent kids making me feel as though I'm obligated to listen to the mars volta, and interpol because they're the scenester thing to listen to. I think it's dumb when kids try to cram elliot and onelinedrawing into their collection of metalcore and fake hardcore cds. i think it's stupid when kids try to pass off pop-punk as punk. I think the 80s were stupid, and 80's night as a scenester affair is assinine. Flock of Seagulls had nothing to do with hardcore. Maimi Vice had nothing to do with grindcore. Culture Club had even less to do with either of them. The only worthwhile bands that came from the 80s were Slayer and everything Slayer influenced. The only peice of 80's nostalgia that is worthwhile is GTA Vice city. Scarves in the summer are a dumb idea. Scarves in the winter are still a dumb idea. The Young Idea was a dumb idea. Army hats are what fake scenesters turned in their scarves for. The Movielife is dumb. New End Original is even worse. Mock bed head haircuts and fake glasses are beyond dumb.

I hate Dashboard Confessional, and i don't feel the least bit bad about it.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Feb 29,2004 11:24pm
word

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Feb 29,2004 11:26pm
Thankfully, I've never met a person that likes that band. Sucks for you man.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 29,2004 11:32pm
I ahree about scarves. I had a run in with some scarf loving emo children, and well i laughed in their sensitive faces. However, Death, Exodus, Morbid Angel etc. were all good things from the 80's(dont think Death was Slayer influenced)

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Feb 29,2004 11:42pm
JellyFish said:
However, Death, Exodus, Morbid Angel etc. were all good things from the 80's(dont think Death was Slayer influenced)

good call.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 29,2004 11:48pm
Uh... Death was slayer influenced.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 1,2004 12:21am
uh... youre slayer influenced

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Mar 1,2004 12:21am
actually i think we all are

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 1,2004 12:33am
god josiah sometimes you make me want to drive a spike through my head

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Mar 1,2004 10:41pm
i've never even heard of dashboard confessional...

toggletoggle post by tnkgrl  at Mar 2,2004 12:21am
Man, it's like "jump on the i hate dashbord confessional bandwagon"......"I hate it!" "me too!" "me three" "They suck".......

As for dress...scarves, army hats, fake glasses, and fake bedhead(but, sheeyit. some people are just dirty...).....what about trucker hats(hardcore to TRL??) lucite plugs, tattoos, piercings, highwaters, studded belts(wallyworld carries those) and friggin' saucony shoes??? It's like a little hardcore army, with those f'n sneakers!!

'Tis all calculated......

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 2,2004 1:13am
other bands from the 80's missing from the list are Fates Warning, Queensryche, Stryper, Sadus, Sepultura, Napalm Death, Angel Witch, Megadeth, Kreator, Iron Maiden, Helloween, and Oingo Boingo

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 2,2004 1:14am
Winger, Dokken, W.A.S.P., LA Guns, Tygers of Pan Tang, Motley Crue, Skid Row... Ratt...

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Mar 2,2004 11:28am
"i hate your girly star tattoo, if i looked like you i'd cry too, and where the fuck did you get those shoes, i'll knock you out and your girlfriend too" - Useless Loser Crew

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][11:20:06am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01008 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]