New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Candiria-What Doesn't Kill You...APPRECIATION. by MarkFuckingRichards on Dec 4,2008 9:28pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 9:28pm
I know there is already a thread discussing this album to a brief extent, but I'm making a new thread because I fucking can. This album is fucking amazing. Anyone who thinks it's nu-metal needs to get new ears and start sucking dicks, starting with mine. And if by some chance I'm wrong, then I don't want to be right. Fuck you.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 4,2008 9:31pm
awesomeness....

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Dec 4,2008 9:31pm
they are horrible now

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 9:34pm
I need to get my hands on the Candiria album that never got released (wink wink nudge nudge Moe).

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 4,2008 9:43pm
Awesome album. Fuck da haterz.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 4,2008 10:05pm
def did not care for that record

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 10:08pm
I don't care for you, Sean Coale.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 4,2008 10:09pm
Mr. Richards, that would hurt my feelings if you ever once made me pasta of any sort.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 4,2008 10:09pm
What Doesn't Kill You...Allows You To Progressively Get Worse

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 10:10pm
Yeah, well, life's tough and sometimes you don't get pasta.

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Dec 4,2008 10:11pm
Isn't there a brand new track up on their myspace?

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 10:19pm
Not that I'm aware of, but I haven't checked. I should get on that.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 4,2008 10:25pm
Eliot talks about this band sometimes. But he likes Slipknot so I don't listen to him LOLOLOLOLOL

toggletoggle post by Blue nli at Dec 4,2008 10:30pm
Mark i still say this album is horrible. Process of self development FTW

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 4,2008 10:36pm
Surrealistic Madness FTW

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Dec 4,2008 10:38pm
I like this band.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 10:44pm
Blue%20nli said[orig][quote]
Mark i still say this album is horrible. Process of self development FTW

I will fight you to the death. Not personal, just business.

toggletoggle post by moenli at Dec 4,2008 11:39pm
this album is actually pretty fucking good from what i've heard...nothing like the last album...just heavy, techy almost mastadon-y melodic heavy.....stuff...i dunno

but this is a solid release

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Dec 5,2008 5:50am
have you heard the NEW album. it fucking sucks so hard. its like they are TRYING to suck.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 5,2008 7:00am
TheGreatSpaldino said[orig][quote]
have you heard the NEW album. it fucking sucks so hard. its like they are TRYING to suck.

That's the one I need to get my hands on.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Dec 5,2008 8:34am
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
I need to get my hands on the Candiria album that never got released (wink wink nudge nudge Moe).

http://christalmartyr.blogspot.com/2008/11/three-candiria-albums.html

you're welcome....

As far as my two cents on WDKY, I didn't like it.....the slow rock-ish parts don't suit them well and kills any momentum the typical Candiria parts on that album build. Everything from Surrealistic Madness to 300% Density is phenomenal though.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 5,2008 8:54am
Rusty, you are the man.

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Dec 5,2008 8:57am

toggletoggle post by MikeofDecrepitude at Dec 5,2008 9:06am
Surrealistic Madness, Beyond Reasonable Doubt, and The Process... make up the Holy Trinity of Candiria albums. 300% isn't too shabby either.

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Dec 5,2008 10:40am
I used to have the second album, I thought it was pretty cool when it came out. I have to re-listen to them. I saw them at the Espresso Bar and were awesome.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Dec 5,2008 10:47am
I bought this a few weeks ago. I like but I'm gonna figure I'll like the earlier shit better.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Dec 5,2008 1:41pm
dammit now im hungry and want pasta

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Dec 5,2008 2:34pm
MarkFuckingRichards said[orig][quote]
TheGreatSpaldino said[orig][quote]

That's the one I need to get my hands on.

no you dont. seriously. i love old candiria and a little of "what doesnt kill you" but honestly... i would have rather super-glued a porcupine to my johnson than listen to that album.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 5,2008 2:49pm
I'll have to make that decision for myself, haha. I liked the direction they were going with the melodic stuff on WDKY.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 5,2008 2:56pm
drummer is really fucking good

dominates his kit

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Dec 5,2008 3:12pm
I got there earlier more death sounding demos if anyone wants em

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 5,2008 3:32pm
Oh I want them. Big fucking time!

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Dec 5,2008 3:59pm edited Dec 5,2008 4:08pm
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
drummer is really fucking good

dominates his kit

Yea man, he's phenomenal.

Anyone ever see their video for Without Water? When they hit that slow part in the middle of the song, they focus in on the drummer. It's unbelievable to watch the drummer play that part. It looks like he's in a trance playing this ridiculous part.

EDIT: My bad, it's the video for Signs of Discontent. The part I'm talking about is at about the 2:11 spot:

bennyhillifier

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 5,2008 4:17pm edited Dec 5,2008 4:19pm
I have a couple of their early demos. The actual tapes not jsut dubbed copies. Are those worth anything on Ebay? (I can't go on Ebay at work)

I think one is called Subliminal and the other one is called Deep in the Mental, I think.

I used to see them all the time when they first formed. They opened NYC shows all the time. Especially at L'amour. The black guy singer used to call himself the Marijuana Messiah. Does he still do that? That was stupid and gay.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 5,2008 4:22pm
Haha, I do not believe he has called himself that in a long time. You could probably make some cash on eBay for those demos.

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Dec 5,2008 10:30pm
i appreciate all the songs that don't have that gay singing nu-metal shit. fuck nameless king and a couple other tracks.

toggletoggle post by MadOakDevin  at Dec 5,2008 10:30pm
the new cd seems like it'll be good though

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 6,2008 4:27am
I honestly don't see how any of the album is nu-metal at all. The melodies are far more advanced than any shit nu-metal band could ever touch and there are still Candiria style grooves underneath it.

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Dec 6,2008 6:05am edited Dec 6,2008 6:10am
+ one for surrealistic madness.

first saw this band at the espresso bar in 95 or 96. last time i saw them was at lupo's with life of agony 2006 maybe. yes they played temple of sickness \m/

there are about 3 good songs on what doesn't kill you..... that i would consider "candiria songs" the rest is definately swaying towards nu metal pop over produced crap. amazing for nu metal pop crap but i just don't want to hear it on a candiria album. yes i agree MFR it is complex and still has that candiria signature to the sound and style but it is still watered down and weak.

bottom line while what doesn't kill you has it's strong points overall it fails as far as candiria albums go.

*edit* Forgot to mention kenneth schalk has always been one of my favorite drummers. simply amazing.

toggletoggle post by MikeOvDecrepitvde at Dec 6,2008 9:21am
What doesn't kill you is watered down Candiria. Carley's vocals are not nearly as intense as they were on previous albums, especially when he was doing those septic-styled screams and DM vocals. There's no real experimentation or progressive elements, it's just straight forward metal/hxc music with some interesting timing. I hear nu metal influence on it as well, as other's have pointed out. It's not like they pulled a Korn or anything, but the influence is indeed there.

toggletoggle post by thebloodening  at Dec 6,2008 10:55am
i saw them a few times in like 1997 or something, back when smoking was aloud in MA and the singer whipped out a fat blunt and started smoking it right on stage...

toggletoggle post by pickles 13 at Dec 20,2008 8:24pm
candiria is being forced to play crap on what doesnt kill you by the illuminati thats the only explanation i can conceive of every other album was inventive aggresive and interesting what doesnt kill you makes me want to buy skoal n kick my dog

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Dec 20,2008 8:29pm
pickles%2013 said[orig][quote]
candiria is being forced to play crap on what doesnt kill you by the illuminati thats the only explanation i can conceive of every other album was inventive aggresive and interesting what doesnt kill you makes me want to buy skoal n kick my dog

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][1:09:18pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.04290 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]