New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> pulled back muscles unappreciation by the_reverend on Dec 4,2008 10:18am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 4,2008 10:18am
from coughing until I puke yesterday while driving home and then after getting home. Sucks cause it's my lower back. I have never pulled lower back muscles before. You use those muscles for EVERYTHING. never realized how much stabilization they account for. right turns in my car are the worst. The funny thing is that my upper back is find so I can prop myself up painlessly with my arms.

toggletoggle post by arilliusbm  at Dec 4,2008 10:21am
I hate pulling back muscles.
Another shitty muscle pull = abs. back when I started doing situps again, I went into work the next day and couldn't even stand up straight because I had pulled a muscle or two.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 10:23am
I fucked up my lower back 2 days into the TYAG tour this past spring. That was a fucking fun time. Get some tiger balm.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 4,2008 10:34am
Yup, it sucks. The right side of my lower back has been out for about 2 weeks -- need to get to chiropractor. That's what I get for doing shrugs with 585 (I have not been accused of being too bright).

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 4,2008 10:35am
oh man, i have a horrendous lower back. i pull it regularly, yesterday i was doing my dishes and when i was done i could hardly stand for the next few hours. my dad has to stretch his every night by laying on the floor for an hour or he can't move in the morning. i had a horrible time playing live sometimes, screaming sometimes wasn't just for the song, but because it hurt so bad to sing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 4,2008 10:38am
I've pulled abs plenty of times. I don't mind pulled abs. it makes me feel like I did work.

I've pulled my sholders/back before, but that's not used with as many things (unless it's the kind where you pull it and it's where you breath so breathing is like getting stabbed with a dagger).

but damn it the weirdest non-back related motions make me want to cry. getting cloths on/off is the worst.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 4,2008 10:40am
yeah, and I guess this was the way to cure my cough, cause I physically can't cough anymore. I'm going to the dr's at 3. you think they will give me anything besides 800mg advil?

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Dec 4,2008 10:47am
forget the doctors broseph..it will be anti-biotics (lol) or a big hit of advil.
it may sound weird but the source of your back pain could be viral, rather than a purely physical strain or pull. check some monolauren and colloidal gold. if you can as well, there are some great homeopathics by king biological. just some food for thought.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 4,2008 10:54am
SPR Joint Balm FTW (topical Ibuprofen):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/sf/jointbalm.html

It won't heal you, but it will provide relief -- works very fast.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Dec 4,2008 12:25pm
should've done what i did and been born with an adamantium back.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 12:32pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
yeah, and I guess this was the way to cure my cough, cause I physically can't cough anymore. I'm going to the dr's at 3. you think they will give me anything besides 800mg advil?

If they don't give you anything besides 800mg advil, then shoot me a pm and i will introduce you to someone. And all you gotta tell them is that you understand many people abuse them, and you respect the fact that they have to be cautious with who they prescribe them too, but youj don't do drugs, and you really need them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 4,2008 3:37pm
nice! I got stuck behind a truck and missed my appt. I have to do back at 8am before work. if all I get is their mighty little cough suppressants and advil, I will be happy enough. lower back pain feels like I have to crap constantly.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Dec 4,2008 3:50pm
arilliusbm said[orig][quote]
I hate pulling back muscles.
Another shitty muscle pull = abs. back when I started doing situps again, I went into work the next day and couldn't even stand up straight because I had pulled a muscle or two.

I pulled all my intercostal (rib muscles) wrestling a buddy in college, and then again in a car accident a few years later.

Worst pain I've ever had, ever.

toggletoggle post by Why are all third world countries multicultural? at Dec 4,2008 6:11pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
You use those muscles for EVERYTHING.

Sodomy.

Sorry to hear you're hurt. Take drugs until the pain goes away.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 4,2008 6:12pm
white trash git down on yer knees...time for cake and sodomy

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 4,2008 7:27pm
You pull muscles because you don't eat properly. Meat is necessary for muscle strength and resiliency. But hey...nobody listens to the Hose because they and their politically correct, media friendly diets know better.

toggletoggle post by Lamp  at Dec 4,2008 8:31pm
I pulled a muscle on my neck once when I was a kid, that shit sucked.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Dec 4,2008 9:20pm
Every time I read the thread title I can't help but think about muscles being pulled back away from the bone.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Dec 4,2008 9:29pm
When God gives you back pain...YOU FIND A NEW GOD!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 4,2008 10:11pm
it definitely sux to be photographing right now.
::puke::

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 5,2008 8:45am
No good drugs. Just antibiotics for bronchitis. weird cause they usually don't give out antibiotics like that and typically give me these little codeine like pills that kill my cough.

toggletoggle post by JustinSteele   at Dec 5,2008 10:20am
I sprained my lower back almost a year ago and still have pain issues (just recently started to feel "OK"). One thing that helps is physical therapy. Almost every morning I do about 7-10 different core exercises and it really helps loosen things up. I am really into that link for the topical joint balm, maybe I'll give that a try. I work out regularly so I didn't think this shit would happen to me. Shows what the fuck I know about being healthy.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 5,2008 10:50am
JustinSteele said[orig][quote]
I am really into that link for the topical joint balm, maybe I'll give that a try.

You'll dig that stuff -- it really does work fast. And since it is topical, it is not passing through your liver, which is what makes Ibuprofen in pill form not that good for you. We used to keep a bottle at Life at Zero practice, since we were/are old and half the band had tendonitis.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 6,2008 8:03pm
im going to try to go swimming and stretch it out tomorrow. I work out usually sundays (2-3hrs), tuesdays (3hrs), and then swim another day (usually wednesdays) so not doing that blows. I need to get better cause I have a lot of vacation time coming up and I plan on swimming a mile ever day im off.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 21,2008 1:47pm
ok, it got better after a couple days.
then it got worse on the other side. lame.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][5:07:50am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02231 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]