New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Faith No More Reunion? by oscarct on Dec 2,2008 4:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Dec 2,2008 4:46pm

According to U.K.'s Kerrang! magazine, industry insiders suggest that hugely infuential '90s alt-metal band FAITH NO MORE is planning to return next year. Kerrang! understands that a number of U.K. venues have been placed on hold for shows from the band next spring, while U.K. festival appearances are rumored to follow in the summer. Founding bassist Bill Gould played down the speculation, telling Kerrang! "If anything like this were to happen, it would have to come from the band, and I haven't spoken with any of them in over a year. So as far as I know, there isn't anything to talk about, and I'm pretty sure that if you were to contact [Mike] Patton [vocals], he would tell you the same thing."

Despite several years of vigorously denying claims the band would reform, Mike Patton seems to have softened in recent months. In an interview with the Artisan News Service in January, he said "I wouldn't rule it out. I don't think we need to reform the band, but maybe there's other things we could do together."

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 2,2008 4:49pm
Faith no More reunion would be cool. i hate most of Pattons "work", but FNM was cool.
i saw them live at the strand when i was a kid....good show.

toggletoggle post by oscarct  at Dec 2,2008 4:51pm
have seen various other projects of his (fantomas,peeping tom, bungle etc) but have never seen fnm.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 2,2008 4:56pm
they are excellent live.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 2,2008 5:11pm
i've been hearing rumors of this a lot lately.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 2,2008 5:14pm
i would kill to see a Faith No More/Soundgarden Reunion tour.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Dec 2,2008 5:21pm
I really hope they reunite, it's been too long

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Dec 2,2008 6:02pm
id be there

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Dec 2,2008 7:18pm
It is true.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Dec 2,2008 10:19pm
orgymf@work said[orig][quote]
Faith no More reunion would be cool. i hate most of Pattons "work", but FNM was cool.

the show limp bizkit (sp? band's gay) opened? I was there.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Dec 2,2008 10:28pm
i saw them at the strand with steel pole bathtub. avalon too.

toggletoggle post by vladdrac at Dec 3,2008 12:37am
It would be awesome!!!

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 3,2008 2:53am
I hope theu don't. Saw em with Helmet on the Angel Dust tour. That's as good as it gets.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 3,2008 8:33am
FNM was one of the best shows i ever saw.. really hope they do this. I was playing a show in easton when i heard they broke up.

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Dec 3,2008 9:56am
FNM is my favorite band, and if Patton won't do it, it wouldn't kill me. I would be upset, but He wasn't FNM.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 3,2008 10:03am
How many sore bottoms would there be out there in Homoville if they reunited with Chuck Mosely?

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Dec 3,2008 10:24am
goatcatalyst said[orig][quote]
How many sore bottoms would there be out there in Homoville if they reunited with Chuck Mosely?

I would love that, but there is no way in hell he could pull off Patton era FNM. Half of his appeal was that he couldn't sing and his post-FNM band Cement was fucking awesome.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Dec 3,2008 10:26am
Who said they'd do Patton era?

Lulz

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 3,2008 10:41am
DomesticTerror said[orig][quote]
i saw them at the strand with steel pole bathtub.

that's the one i was at.
steel pole was awesome live.
i bought their c.d.
it sucked

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 3,2008 11:07am

Lulz

i dunno how much of "anne's song" i could take.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 3,2008 11:19am
pam said[orig][quote]

me too!

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 3,2008 11:44am
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

me too!

I'M GLAD I MISSED THAT ONE!

limp bizkit....yuck. my sympathies to anyone who has ever had to sit through seeing them live.

but i guess we've all seen shitty bands play with good bands.

Devil Driver and Superjoint Ritual = gay
i had to sit through both of them when they played with Morbid Angel and Anal Cunt.
and i missed Anal Cunt!
15 bucks to see Morbid Angel....and the soundman that night was terrible. i wish i had stayed home that night

toggletoggle post by c.DeAD at Dec 3,2008 11:47am
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]

Lulz

I have this old interview tape (its official) where they interview Patton on one side and they ask "Any song you won't sing?" and he says "The only song I won't sing is "Anne's Song" because its too personal of a song and I wouldn't feel comfortable singing it." which is a great point, but I think its one of my fav. FNM songs ever. Probably in my top ten.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 3,2008 11:58am
i was at the strand show too.. i saw em a year or two after in Worcester when they headlined locobazooka. And on the "mosters of rock" tour with metallica in 89. (i was 8) I went with my rents.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 3,2008 11:59am
c.DeAD said[orig][quote]
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]

Lulz

I have this old interview tape (its official) where they interview Patton on one side and they ask "Any song you won't sing?" and he says "The only song I won't sing is "Anne's Song" because its too personal of a song and I wouldn't feel comfortable singing it." which is a great point, but I think its one of my fav. FNM songs ever. Probably in my top ten.

Not that i hate the song or anything, but i am glad i won't have to see that one performed.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 3,2008 12:25pm
pam said[orig][quote]

me too!

limp bizkit....yuck. my sympathies to anyone who has ever had to sit through seeing them live.

i had to sit through both of them when they played with Morbid Angel and Anal Cunt.
and i missed Anal Cunt!
15 bucks to see Morbid Angel....and the soundman that night was terrible. i wish i had stayed home that night

i actually enjoyed Limp Bizkit's set... their first album (barring a couple shitty tunes like that god awful Faith Cover) is actually really solid. I dont expect you to agree though.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Dec 3,2008 12:31pm
pam said[orig][quote]

me too!

and i missed Anal Cunt!

i actually enjoyed Limp Bizkit's set... their first album (barring a couple shitty tunes like that god awful Faith Cover) is actually really solid. I dont expect you to agree though.

oh you know me so well

<3

toggletoggle post by kevord  at Dec 3,2008 1:05pm
Which Faith no more show with Limp Bizkit show did you go to Pam? They played Lupos and Locobazooka in Worcester. I went to both. I also so on the Angel Dust tour with Helmet at The New Aud in Worcester.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 3,2008 1:10pm edited Dec 3,2008 1:11pm
i went to the Locobazooka 97 one my dad. that was a fun show

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 3,2008 1:28pm
i went to the Locobazooka 97 one my dad. that was a fun show

It was one of the best sets i ever saw. I was up against the barricade in front and i remember getting SQUISHED!! The voracity of the crowd pushing foward was intense at that show. What a good god damn set.. you know who else played that year that i really liked...

40 days rain
and
seven day curse (old singer)

i miss 40 days rain.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 3,2008 1:50pm
dude Seven Day Curse was pretty much the first HEAVY local band i ever saw. the pit for them was insanity.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Dec 3,2008 5:29pm
pam said[orig][quote]

I was at that show too.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 9:48am
dude Seven Day Curse was pretty much the first HEAVY local band i ever saw. the pit for them was insanity.

There is no doubt in my mind that i was part of that insanity. I remember it kinda hot, and really dry that day. So everyone in the pit had bandannas over their face (me included) so that while doing "mosh-ninja" moves the dirt didn't fill out lungs. So many people were doing it, I got asked by a couple kids if we were all in a gang. If i remember correctly, if you were looking at the main stage, seven day curse played on the stage that was on the left. They kicked ass... only to be followed a couple bands after with godsmack on the same stage.

It was so hot that day that the bass player from 40days rain got heat stroke during their set. They stopped two songs short. They played on the stage in the back, all the way opposite the main stage.

It's so strange, i remember a lot from most shows i have went to, but i remember that one like it was yesterday. I was also REALLY pumped for seven day curse, i was really into them when they were all members of "Adversary". (best adversary song was "Tracheotomy with a butter knife".) I had seen them as seven day curse once or twice at the old espresso bar, and "The space", but that was the first big one i saw them on. I didn't like them as much when the guitar player started singing though. Their old super-preppy singer was better. He had a crazy witch scream.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Dec 4,2008 1:04pm
i got massive sunburnage from that show. also i was one of the people who started the uber mud pits of death followed by a cereal box war

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Dec 4,2008 1:05pm
hilarious

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Total Omniphallic Swordsmen
[default homepage] [print][8:28:18am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.08431 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]