New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New England Metal and Hardcore Festival~The full scoop by succubus on Feb 25,2004 1:13pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 1:13pm edited Feb 25,2004 1:13pm
MassConcerts is proud to announce that the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival will return to the Palladium in Worcester, Mass., on Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1. Friday individual day tickets are $30. Saturday individual day tickets are $35. Two-day passes are $60. A special internet-only pre-sale is going on now at tickets.com by CLICKING HERE. Regular on sale is Friday, February 27 at all Strawberries Record Stores, online at tickets.com, or by calling tickets.com at (800) 477-6849.

Now in its sixth year, the New England Metal and Hardcore Festival has been lauded as one of the best heavy music festivals in the United States. "If you decide to go to only one fest this year, this should be it," Revolver magazine wrote. Last year's festival sold out more than a week before the show and was the subject of features on Fuse TV's "Uranium," MTV2's "Headbanger's Ball," and Sirius Satellite Radio's "Hard Attack." The Live DVD of last year's fest will be released on March 23.

This year's line-up looks to be the biggest yet with Killswitch Engage, Arch Enemy, Machine Head, God Forbid and Every Time I Die confirmed as headliners for Friday night. Saturday's headliners will include Iced Earth, Children Of Bodom, Zao, Throwdown and Bleeding Through. Also appearing are A Perfect Murder, All My Sins, All That Remains, As I Lay Dying, The Autumn Offering, Between The Buried And Me, Black Dahlia Murder, The Bled, Burnt By The Sun, Bury Your Dead, Byzantine, Canne, Cattle Decapitation, The Comeback Kid, Crematorium, Darkest Hour, Daughters, Deadwater Drowning, Diecast, Ed Gein, Embrace Today, Evergreen Terrace, Evergrey, Every Time I Die, Found Dead Hanging, From A Second Story Window, Full Blown Chaos, Glass Casket, The Judas Cradle, Kataklysm, Martyr AD, Misery Index, Misery Signals, Mortal Treason, Most Precious Blood, Nora, Pig Destroyer, The Red Chord, Reflux, Scar Culture, Scarlet, Since The Flood, Six Feet Under, Soilent Green, Speedkillhate, Terror, Through The Discipline, To The Grave, Twelve Tribes, Walls Of Jericho, Watch them Die, What Weapons Bring War. Talent is subject to change.

The show will once again take place on the two stages in the Palladium. This year there will once again be a film crew recording every second of action on the stage and behind the scenes for a LIVE DVD. Record labels, vendors, and record distributors will set up shop in the balcony of the upstairs room. Sponsors this year include Fuse TV's Uranium, Revolver Magazine, Metal Maniacs Magazine, Relapse Records, WAAF's Harder Faster, Mazur PR, The Syndicate, Lollipop Magazine and Full Contact Magazine.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 1:15pm

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 1:15pm
AND local bands
:
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR BAND FOR THIS YEAR'S FEST:
If you'd like to submit your band for consideration to play this year's fest please do following:

1. Make sure your demo package only contains the basics. Please keep it simple - just a CD, photo and contact info. DO NOT STAPLE OR TAPE ANYTHING.

2. Mail your demo package by APRIL 1, 2004 to:
Red Rocket Records
ATTN: NEMHF 2004 Band Demo
535 Main Street
Indian Orchard, MA 01151

3. Please do not call us. We listen to EVERYTHING that is submitted and if we are interested we will definitely contact you.

toggletoggle post by this is gay at Feb 25,2004 1:19pm
what a sucky line up...............

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 25,2004 1:40pm
looks like i may not be going this year...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2004 1:42pm
ed gein! fassw! the comeback kid! pig destroyer! wwbw!

other than that, bore..
and machine head?! wft! what, super joint couldn't play?

toggletoggle post by housebythecemetery   at Feb 25,2004 1:47pm
worst thing i have ever seen

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 25,2004 1:49pm
These bands were a given Killswitch Engage and All That Remains, has there been a fest without either of these two?

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 25,2004 1:49pm
Wow,! Other than Arch enemy, God forbid, Iced earth and Children of Bodom, the head liners SUCK!!! I mean throwdown???hahahahah.

toggletoggle post by easyed_69 at Feb 25,2004 1:55pm
I'm very surprised that bands like Every Time I Die, Bleeding Through, and Throwdown are headlining. There are other bands on the bill that could easily headline over them.....SFU, MPB, Red Chord, Pig Destroyer, or Walls of Jericho.

Weird....

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 25,2004 1:59pm
painfully dissapointing, i was looking forward to this sense last years ended
i don't think i'll be going this year

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 25,2004 2:00pm edited Feb 25,2004 2:01pm
New England YAWN & ZZZZZZZZ Festival *

*pillows not included

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 25,2004 2:08pm
although i may go saturday night for cob, and iced earth.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Feb 25,2004 2:11pm
if only the_network gets on this bitch and lets eveyone know what time it is

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Feb 25,2004 2:38pm
it's pretty sad when pig destroyer is the best band of a two day fest. pathetic. fuck this fest. i have a show to book april 30 that will kill the entire two days.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Feb 25,2004 2:39pm
Wait a minute. No Shadows Fall? Something weird is going on.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 25,2004 3:01pm
ok seriously where the fuck is the METAL in this fest? I give up on metal fest there is not one DM band on that lineup. Fuck the metal fest im not even going to bother paying to get in

toggletoggle post by pillorydan   at Feb 25,2004 3:01pm
Holy Shit this is the worst line up I have ever seen...Who ever planned this years NEMF should be forced to eat my shit then shit out my shit then eat his shit that is made up of the shit I made him eat!!!!

toggletoggle post by phantos   at Feb 25,2004 3:09pm
ninkaszi said:
it's pretty sad when pig destroyer is the best band of a two day fest. pathetic. fuck this fest. i have a show to book april 30 that will kill the entire two days.

I agree with you completely.
whaddya got for april 30th?

toggletoggle post by nick1762  at Feb 25,2004 3:10pm
it's a sad day when ozzfest has looks better than the NE metalfest

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Feb 25,2004 3:21pm edited Feb 25,2004 3:23pm
Black dahlia murder,Pig destroyer,and cattle decapitation(if they play all old shit) are the only bands even remotly worth seein,so fuck payin all that cash to see this festival of crap(sorry mass concerts you suck)

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 25,2004 3:44pm
nick1762 said:

so true... i heard new jersey fest is gonna be insane, how come all the other metal fest in the country are nasty, while we get shit?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 3:46pm edited Feb 25,2004 3:47pm
i like massconcerts, they work really hard and have helped me too
i'm going to this show

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi187   at Feb 25,2004 3:57pm
phantos, hopefully Grand Belials Key/Hirudinea in Boston. it's not confirmed yet. i should know in the next few days.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 25,2004 3:59pm
nick1762 said:

haha, exactly!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 25,2004 4:07pm
nick1762 said:

haha no shit.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 4:10pm
ok so to those of you that play in a band..do you mean to say that you will NOT submit your demo?
it's free and it's exposure..

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR BAND FOR THIS YEAR'S FEST:
If you'd like to submit your band for consideration to play this year's fest please do following:

1. Make sure your demo package only contains the basics. Please keep it simple - just a CD, photo and contact info. DO NOT STAPLE OR TAPE ANYTHING.

2. Mail your demo package by APRIL 1, 2004 to:
Red Rocket Records
ATTN: NEMHF 2004 Band Demo
535 Main Street
Indian Orchard, MA 01151

3. Please do not call us. We listen to EVERYTHING that is submitted and if we are interested we will definitely contact you.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 25,2004 4:31pm
How come Scott Lee is only interested in helping bands who are full of innocent looking boys?
Hmmmmmm

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 25,2004 4:39pm
this line up has brought me to tears. The only death metal is Kataklysm, unless i missed something. And throwdown headlining? As if converge wasnt gay enough this year, they had to put the worst hardcore bands as HEADLINERS. This is sad. The line up is 80% hardcore, and they dont even have Unearth. Fuck it. Im going for Bodom and Iced Earth.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 25,2004 4:45pm
Dude, "hardcore" is a trend now. Every year gets worse and worse. Although Bodom and Iced earth make it alittle more worth going to.
Its about making money not about good music.

toggletoggle post by Sorrowflld at Feb 25,2004 5:34pm
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Bodom and Iced Earth will play. It seems like they are using them as a draw cause all the other headliners except arch enemy are crap, when they know full well that the Iced Earth tour is already delayed indefinitely. $35 for tickets and there isn't even a real headliner. That is pretty dispicable if ya ask me.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 25,2004 7:14pm
i sent a cd in a week ago but i already know we won't get on it

succubus said:
ok so to those of you that play in a band..do you mean to say that you will NOT submit your demo?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 25,2004 7:15pm
ohh i hope you do!!!!! =)

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 25,2004 7:19pm
thanks but i have my doubts

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 25,2004 7:19pm
i wish i had more hands so i could give this fest 4 thumbs down. Misery Index is the ONLY band on that lineup I would pay $20 to see. I think Cattle Decapitation is the only band playing with guttural vox.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 25,2004 7:21pm
headliners? how are everytime i die,throwdown,and bleeding through headlining? and six feet under isnt? wtf....its not the worst show ever, but where the hell is the grind/death? come on..........circle of dead children,bodies in the gears.......brodoquin...............SOME ONE, ANYONE!

would love to see cbt,last days of humanity or something......never gonna happen...........maryland sucks and is too far away

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 25,2004 7:25pm
I think last year was way better and for the most part their was nothing memorable about it. the fucking metal meltdown has better metal bands than this shit!

toggletoggle post by DaveSTF   at Feb 25,2004 8:03pm
Sorrowflld said:
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Bodom and Iced Earth will play. It seems like they are using them as a draw cause all the other headliners except arch enemy are crap, when they know full well that the Iced Earth tour is already delayed indefinitely. $35 for tickets and there isn't even a real headliner. That is pretty dispicable if ya ask me.

Well, I know COB's tour with Nevermore hits Mass the 1st, so why wouldn;t they be a confirmed headliner? Why would they announce ANY band before they are confirmed?? NEMF is one of the best run festivals in the country. They got their shit together a lot more than some kid on the RTTP messageboard as far as booking shows goes.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 25,2004 8:20pm
thank you dave for setting these critics straight...i think the line up is damn fine

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Feb 25,2004 8:47pm
Katakylsm, Soilent Green.
Not enough to make me dish out $60.
I'll go if I play.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Feb 25,2004 9:21pm
anonymous said:
thank you dave for setting these critics straight...i think the line up is damn fine

For some reason, I don't think he set everyone straight. I'm pretty sure everyone still has the same thoughts on the shityness of this fest.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 25,2004 9:44pm
The only band I am really interested in is Children of Bodom. I might consider picking up a night ticket for the second night so I can see them.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Feb 25,2004 10:33pm
I was thinking the same thing.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 25,2004 10:51pm
I will probably go all day saturday, just for something to do. But, Children will kick ass.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 25,2004 11:08pm
i'm seriously questioning if this festival is worth a 4-6 hour drive

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Feb 25,2004 11:20pm
There's a lot of shitty bands on here, but honestly theres a lot of good bands too.

Im gonna go..

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Feb 25,2004 11:20pm
and im sure they'll be adding more metal bands. they always juggle the bands a lot..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2004 11:24pm
DaveSTF said:
NEMF is one of the best run festivals in the country. They got their shit together a lot more than some kid on the RTTP messageboard as far as booking shows goes.

true dat.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 26,2004 12:34am
dave i love your band and i support you guys all the time , but honestly i mean there is a fact that a show booker has to make money but this lineup is very poor especially metal wise. Why dont they just call it the mass hardcore festivial and have two different fests or something you know? because this is an outrage to metal fans. Personally i know it might sound retarded but i think all of us should do something about it get it to their attention lol boycott the fest i have no clue.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Feb 26,2004 1:51am
in dire need and terminally- u guys need to submit your shit and try to get on here

toggletoggle post by Justin/ ACR at Feb 26,2004 1:58am
HiImPaul said:
Fuck the metal fest im not even going to bother paying to get in

i couldnt get tickets last year cuz they sold out but i managed to get in both days.

toggletoggle post by \\\\^/i|/e at Feb 26,2004 3:18am
succubus said:

I'm sure it doesn't mean that at all...
also...
I don't know how much you know about this sort of thing,
but what is it that they're looking for?
I know that they'll easily take shitty local bands with big fan bases (pretty much the whole show so far)
... but what about good local bands with little to no fan base?
In other words, does the demo do all the speaking?
-----
Also, it doesn't seem like much room is left...
Maybe one or two more bands will be added?

Thanks,
-Mike
http://scourge.zalai.com

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 26,2004 3:57am
HiImPaul said:
ok seriously where the fuck is the METAL in this fest? I give up on metal fest there is not one DM band on that lineup. Fuck the metal fest im not even going to bother paying to get in

Six Feet Under is pretty metal ;)

toggletoggle post by DaveSTF   at Feb 26,2004 4:20am
HiImPaul said:
dave i love your band and i support you guys all the time , but honestly i mean there is a fact that a show booker has to make money but this lineup is very poor especially metal wise. Why dont they just call it the mass hardcore festivial and have two different fests or something you know? because this is an outrage to metal fans. Personally i know it might sound retarded but i think all of us should do something about it get it to their attention lol boycott the fest i have no clue.

First off, thanks for the respect, in return i have nothing but. I understand, and I did notice the lack of "true" metal, but ya know there was a post about how hardcore kids suck and the Rev posted a picture from a metal show at the Bombshelter, with almost no one there, and then a Blood for Blood show where it was sold out. IT really struck the nail on the head where the following is. I honestly believe it would be a waste of your time to boycott this show, because frankly, it''s just too big and it's going to sell out either way. Or you could look at it as a way for kids just getting into the underground scene to use these bands as a bridge to have their eyes opened to even more extreme metal music. I'm positive if, I as a jr high kid who went to see bleeding through..and stayed for band I never heard of like Children of Bodom, I'd shit myself. I don't know man, it's all how you look at it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 26,2004 4:58am
the thing that I'm disappointed about is that I would like to see a surprise like the overcast reunion. I wanted there to be "something big" on this show that would make people go "oooooooo!"

A lot of the bands on this are actually awesome national bands.. I mean bodom? pig destroyer? BDM? and a lot of the locals are amazing all my sins, STF, ed gein, wwbw.

our problem here is that we are in New England. we see these bands all the time and we are picky-assed, whiney bitches. I admit it. I mean, take this show and put it on anywhere (like they did in NJ) and they would love it. mostly cause if you go to any of the other fests, they suck dick. (milwaukee was the worst thing I ever did to myself).

as stated before, this picky-assed bitch would want "something" more.. but I guess we'll see...
oh and "Talent is subject to change" is the funniest line in that e-mail. reminds me about the "dude, turn up the talent knob"

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 26,2004 8:26am
i was wondering when someone would comment on the talent is subject to change thingy..i thought it was hilarious! but i guess people were too busy bitching about the line up..

i think aaron said it best though, and i'm not smooching his butt because he doesn't like that anyhow.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 26,2004 10:10am
why are they proud at announce this?

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 26,2004 10:12am
at of like in be on with

of

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 26,2004 10:18am
and someone at work jsut told me that he doesn't understand me when i talk most of the time..
lousy bastard

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 26,2004 10:25am
I get that shit from watching Teletubbies at least once a year

toggletoggle post by dreadkill@work at Feb 26,2004 11:30am
the only band i really want to see is evergrey, and it's not like i'm dying to see them. seeing soilent green finally and seeing bodom again would be cool too. i'm just surprised that ungood (unearth) isn't getting a 2 hour set both nights. the metalcore trend is more annoying now than it ever was before. am i mistaken, or are there really only 3 european bands on the bill?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill@work at Feb 26,2004 11:33am
this fest needs entombed dammit!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 26,2004 11:53am
WORST.
FEST.
EVER.

toggletoggle post by luke   at Feb 26,2004 12:22pm
i gotta agree with everything dave said. this definitely isn't much a of a "metal fest" this year...but the lineup is really good. its definitely gonna be sold out, and tons of smaller bands are going to get incredible exposure. also, if i remember correctly, last year, there was quite a bit of metal at this fest, and you didn't hear hardcore kids complaining. honestly, i can't fucking wait to see children of bodom. all the hardcore kids are gonna stay to see them. but i can't imagine the metal kids hanging around to see bleeding through or someone similar. it doesn't really matter, just make sure to see this band since the flood

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 26,2004 12:26pm
the rev is right though, this fest needs something big to really make me wanna go. last year had the reunion of Suffocation, this year needs something like that as well. Like having Cryptopsy play. with Lord Worm back, they would DEFINATELY draw a big frigen crowd

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 26,2004 12:56pm edited Feb 26,2004 12:57pm
People should stop shitting their pants about Craptopsy having "Lord Worm" back. Cryptopsy is good but not absolutely incredible and "Lord Worm"s vocals were annoying.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill@work at Feb 26,2004 2:54pm
how about the reunited obituary? playing all the cause of death stuff. that would make it worth it.

toggletoggle post by boobtoucher  at Feb 26,2004 3:00pm
what the hell is everyone talking this fest is just as dirty as every other one...at least fucking snapcase isn't playing like once before

toggletoggle post by xdysenterytomx   at Feb 26,2004 3:07pm
didn't duhumanized get back together..? they should tear this fest a new asshole....i was hoping for vital remains to play....to bad devourment broke up id love to see them play too

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 26,2004 3:48pm
yeah dave i understand what your talking about , i guess i didnt look at it that way. The boycott thing was more of a joke because i know it wouldnt do shit lol , but still I just wish they put some DM bands on there to give a little bit more respect to DM fans, But as of now im definatly not attending the metal fest. Another thing that blows is that a band such as yours dave one of the only good bands playing will mostlikely get a shorter set due to the excessive amount of bands. I mean youve got to agree that they keep putting the same bands on the fest how many times can you see like cannae you know? Instead of putting those bands in for filler they should get some metal bands on there to actually mix up the fest. They could have put on some well known DM acts that have released new discs such as Decrepit birth.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 26,2004 3:49pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
People should stop shitting their pants about Craptopsy having "Lord Worm" back. Cryptopsy is good but not absolutely incredible and "Lord Worm"s vocals were annoying.

YES !!!! I love you spalding. Cryptopsy musically kills on ATYB and WS same with all their other shit but lord worm annoys the hell out of me

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 26,2004 9:31pm
Kalopsia said:
last year had the reunion of Suffocation, this year needs something like that as well.

I was going to mention that

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 26,2004 9:33pm
decrepit birth would make me shit my self...

on another note, I wonder what lord worms been doing since cryptopsy... I bet making ugly kids.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 26,2004 10:43pm
i heard lord worm became an english teacher. that's just a rumor i heard though. but some larger DM or BM bands would be great............. fuck now that i think about it....... the largest death metal bands are all on tour, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Suffocation, Dimmu Borgir, they're all busy. FUCK!!!!! wait.... there's still Dying Fetus, Aborted, Impaled, Skinless, Behemoth

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 26,2004 11:53pm
For months, Ive been talking to Scott Lee about getting my band on this years Metal Fest. For months, Ive been talking to him, sending him things, dealing with his bullshit...hell, he even booked a show with us at the Fat Cats. Well, all I have to say is that I dont even want to try anymore since this is probably the worst NEHMF lineup ever.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 27,2004 12:01am
never
say
die

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 27,2004 12:05am
61 bands confirmed for the fest
12 of which i would go to see. which is the majority of the metal bands confirmed for this fest. that's less than 20% of the total. METAL AND HARDCORE FESTIVAL AND NOT EVEN 1/4 OF IT IS METAL!!!! am i the only one that sees a problem here?????????????

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 27,2004 12:08am
bro, read 90% of the messages above, we all feel your pain

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 27,2004 12:12am
u know i could probably sue mass concerts for false advertisement and win

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 27,2004 12:15am
AHAHAHAHHAHA i will be right with you!

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Feb 27,2004 12:18am
fuck u i ain't splittin the money. go sue someone else!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 27,2004 12:26am
Kalopsia said:
fuck u i ain't splittin the money. go sue someone else!!!!!

but i must!

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Feb 29,2004 11:56am
I don't understand why everyone hates this lineup. It's not like there are many touring metal bands coming this way at the time. Do you want them to have that Morbid Angel tour turn around and come back and play again for you?

Aaron hit the nail right on the head. We live in New England, one of the best MUSIC scenes in the ENTIRE WORLD. I know there aren't as many "metal" bands as some of you would like, but name me a festival like this that has been announced for this year that is better. Don't say New Jersey or Florida or Minnesotta because those shows suck.

So in conclusion, either go or don't go. Just stop bitching!! Either way, I'm going to go and have a great time.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 29,2004 12:06pm
ok Scott =+ i mean Jay
heh
yeah that's what Scott Lee was saying, cool that he asked aaron's opinion too.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 29,2004 1:25pm
OK sure but why keep having the same bands play? and the tour thing is bullshit there are millons of good bands out there that im pretty damn sure would kill to play this fest.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 1:28pm
ozzfest has an infinitely better lineup... minus gay breed and superjoint.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 29,2004 1:53pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
ozzfest has an infinitely better lineup... minus gay breed and superjoint.

And Shitknot.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 1:56pm
well i can atleast tolerate Slipknot.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 29,2004 2:13pm
Anyone down with some tailgating at Ozzfest this year? I've never been and this lineup is definately superior than NEMHF. I look forward to NEMHF every year, I think 3 was my favorite, but this year it's almost heart breaking to see this lineup. 5 fucking bands I'd pay to see, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Kataklysm, Children of Bodom and Soilent Green. Fuck...the Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel shows are worth $60 combined, looks like this is my only fix for spring, bummer dudes.

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 2:15pm
BornSoVile said:
Anyone down with some tailgating at Ozzfest this year? I've never been and this lineup is definately superior than NEMHF. I look forward to NEMHF every year, I think 3 was my favorite, but this year it's almost heart breaking to see this lineup. 5 fucking bands I'd pay to see, Cattle Decapitation, Misery Index, Kataklysm, Children of Bodom and Soilent Green. Fuck...the Cannibal Corpse and Morbid Angel shows are worth $60 combined, looks like this is my only fix for spring, bummer dudes.

i'm down

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 29,2004 2:55pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
i'm down

Fucking A.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 29,2004 3:30pm
theundergroundscene said:
I don't understand why everyone hates this lineup. It's not like there are many touring metal bands coming this way at the time. Do you want them to have that Morbid Angel tour turn around and come back and play again for you?

Aaron hit the nail right on the head. We live in New England, one of the best MUSIC scenes in the ENTIRE WORLD. I know there aren't as many "metal" bands as some of you would like, but name me a festival like this that has been announced for this year that is better. Don't say New Jersey or Florida or Minnesotta because those shows suck.

So in conclusion, either go or don't go. Just stop bitching!! Either way, I'm going to go and have a great time.

Your comment about New Jersey was obsurd, since their fest was three times better than last years NEMHF, nevermind this years. And as far as the best music scene in the world, you probably havent been to any scenes in Japan or anywhere in Europe, so you dont know. We hardly have the best scene in the world, although a lot of good shows do come to our area.

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Feb 29,2004 4:06pm
Actually it's pretty easy to figure out. What if you lived in Japan? You'd be lucky to see Slayer once a year. I saw Slayer three times last year.

Try being a metal fan in Australia, where you're lucky if you get a band like Limp Bizkit every other month.

How about Jordan or anywhere else in the middle east. Try being a metal fan there and hoping to see a show, and then having a band like Opeth, whom you saw last night have to cancel shows there THREE times.

How about ANYWHERE in South America? You think they wouldn't dream of a show like this?

I happen to live right here in Worcester, and I have less than an hour drive to get to Boston, Springfield, Hartford and Providence, AND a ten minute WALK to the Palladium. And if I feel up to the drive, I am two and a half hours away from Albany and three hours from Maine and New York City. I can see almost any tour that happens at any given time in the United States if I feel like it. I know of a kid in France that had to take a six hour TRAIN ride just to see Darkest Hour. I SAW THEM FIVE TIMES LAST YEAR.

So yes, in terms of having amazing bands all over the place (both local and national) and being able to see all of my favorite bands almost any time I want to, where else in the world would I rather live than New England?

Because of that exact reason, fans in New England are very jaded to shows like this because we've had the best and it's very hard to top the best. Like I said, if there were other bands touring right now that made sense to add to this bill, then I am sure there would be some bigger names and more "metal" bands playing, but there is not, so they made due with what they had to work with. I am sure they will be adding more bands, but how much sense does it make to start flying bands that aren't touring in from all over the world just to make a couple of fans happy, especially considering this will sell out regardless. That only means your ticket will cost more to compensate.

Oh, and I was at the NJMHF and I'll take this lineup over it any day, but I was talking about that Metal Meltdown waste of a time they are having...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 29,2004 4:07pm
basically ALL good shows come to our area.
the reason is cause mass rocks.

i've been to shows in new york, new jersey, milwaukee, etc.. and I've found no crowds like mass crowds.

anyhow, the only "bad" band I see on this list is machinehead. all the other bands are excellent, even SFU. I'll be singing along to torture killer if they are playing it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 29,2004 4:09pm
I typed my thing before reading jay's post

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 4:12pm
new SFU is overly bad... its not even the type of bad you could listen to beecause of it being bad... its just... terrible.

toggletoggle post by theundergroundscene   at Feb 29,2004 4:13pm
Booo on you and your disrespect of Machine Head. Go listen to "Through The Ashes of Empires" it fucking rocks hard!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 29,2004 4:41pm edited Feb 29,2004 4:43pm
spaldino, actually, the new SFU sucks ass, but I heard the track.. um.. <insert name here> and live it was actualy pretty good.
sounded like old stuff.
when again, I liked their CDs maximum violence, warpath, and haunted
then they ceased to be a band that you can take serious so when I see them, it's easy to forget all the new discs and to just realize that some of their old tracks rip and are fun to sing along with.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 29,2004 5:00pm
The taste of of fleshhh, hunger for blood. Sever the skin. torn to the bone...

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 6:08pm
yeah... i like maximum violence and haunted and a little of warpath. but the new SFU is a disgrace to the music industry.

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_me   at Feb 29,2004 6:16pm
TheGreatSpaldino said:
new SFU is overly bad... its not even the type of bad you could listen to beecause of it being bad... its just... terrible.

But isn't that the case with ANY SFU?

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 29,2004 6:27pm
no... just the two newest albums.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 29,2004 7:10pm
theundergroundscene just scored some big me against the world points in my book. I love the scene here.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 1,2004 11:58pm
Ozzfest all the way!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2004 3:44pm
I some how missed that jagermister band: Arch Enemy is on the bill

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 3:49pm
the_reverend said:
decrepit birth would make me shit my self...

on another note, I wonder what lord worms been doing since cryptopsy... I bet making ugly kids.

He quit cryptopsy and went to work in a beer making plant as a manager. A total 9-5 kinda job. He knew he wasn't going to make any money at death metal. I read that in pit mag. like 2 years ago.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Mar 19,2004 3:54pm
Decrepit birth isn't going anywhere for awhile. They're working with a drummer right now to see how it goes. I was going to try out for them but I don't want to be broke with a wife in Californa and no money whatsoever coming in right away. Not to mention how fuckin expensive everything is right now there.

toggletoggle post by JonahBloodbath   at Mar 19,2004 4:24pm
theundergroundscene rules..

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 4:39pm
GAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck the polladium and fuck this gay fest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

local bands
if you want to play this show insert penis here and start sucking
that place sucks. if you dont suck the owners cocks then you dont play. and im not even talking about my band. i called them once like 5 months ago. i wont ever call them again.
i know like 15 bands that have tried to leave messages or talk with the bookers there. no call back no replies. fuck that
reasons to not go or play there
1. no smoking
2. gay bands
3. everyone that works there are fucking arrogant assholes
4. aaf 101 immature 14 year olds with their mall metal
everything about this show is exploiting and commercializing what was once a true undergroud scene.

there are like 3 decent bands on this show and thats it! i wont go
especially after the fucking nightmane i experianced last year. fuck that place. where do any of those bands fit into Metal? thats dumb!
why not have metal one night and hardcore the other. so we dont have to sit around and listen to gay fucking nu metal waiting for the one good metal band that isnt even on the bill?

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 4:48pm
2 dathmetal bands no black metal no doom! wtf? man i just read what i posted and im still so enraged that i want to fucking kill. i had to post more shit. fuck this its a waste of time!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 4:48pm edited Mar 19,2004 5:07pm
to bands who try to get a show at the palladium:

two reasons they won't let your band play at the palladium:

1. they probably don't like your band.
2. they probably don't think you'll draw enough.

no smoking, would be a fantastic law, except people don't follow the rule. why should I become unhealthy from your bad habit?

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 5:00pm
who the fuck are you? dude, you have talked some serious shit the last few weeks. why not say that to my face. words are cheap from behind a computer!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 5:04pm
dyingmuse said:
who the fuck are you? dude, you have talked some serious shit the last few weeks. why not say that to my face. words are cheap from behind a computer!

what are you talking about? that wasn't directed towards anyones band directly, it goes for everyone. surely it sucks, but it's probably true.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 5:08pm
well dude it was my band that you said had out of tune vocals and wouldnt fit on shows and that isnt liked by the palladium??????
what are you saying? if you are going to post shit comments about bands expect shit responses.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 5:09pm
i'm not looking foreward to our attempt to play the palladium... i know that.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 5:11pm
arent you in recognizer...

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 5:11pm
dyingmuse said:
well dude it was my band that you said had out of tune vocals and wouldnt fit on shows and that isnt liked by the palladium??????
what are you saying? if you are going to post shit comments about bands expect shit responses.

I said that your band's 'doom' style wouldn't fit on the suffocation show and I still think that... get over it. jeeeeeeesusssss chriiiiiiist.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 5:12pm
dyingmuse said:
arent you in recognizer...

no idea who that is. heh.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Mar 19,2004 5:13pm
im not even going to go there again. you pissed me off too much already about that!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 19,2004 5:19pm
A new empire is rising....

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 19,2004 7:33pm
dyingmuse said:
im not even going to go there again. you pissed me off too much already about that!

okay?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 20,2004 4:12am
dyingmuse said:[QUOTE1. no smoking

that is basically the best thing about that place.
i don't shit and make you breath it in...
I've never smoked and I will die of lung cancer from cigarettes I don't smoke? plus my camera stinks of smoke?
where's the fairness in that?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 20,2004 4:14am
recognizer? ahahahahaaha.
I'm going to make that ra's new nickname.
that band was fucking horribly.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 20,2004 9:25am
hahaha no way.

toggletoggle post by LostBoy  at Mar 20,2004 10:15am
hey. im new here. so HI!

anyway, i noticed on the metalfest site that Six Feet Under has been taken off. i dont mind a bit, but that means Bleeding Through plays right before Bodom. that's pretty lame. hopefully, the promoters will book a headlining-worthy band to take SFU's spot. I say, just call up Nevermore!

toggletoggle post by xdoesn't matterx at Mar 20,2004 11:47am
who cares if this yrs fest has more hardcore then metal? every yr it's always some boring metal bands that no one comes to see. i'm very happy with this yrs line up. its about time there's more hardcore bands then metal bands. and like i've noticed people saying before. u don't like it don't go and stop bitching about it cuz your not going to change nething.

h
mXa
c

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Mar 20,2004 12:07pm
xmetalx xisx xmorex xexcitingx xthanx xchug-a-chugx hxcx. This "yrs" fest sucks. With a very few exceptions.

toggletoggle post by assuck   at Mar 20,2004 12:15pm
zing

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Mar 20,2004 3:08pm
I think its funny that Killswitch Engage is headlining over Arch Enemy.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 20,2004 6:25pm
yeah, that is odd...

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 20,2004 10:05pm
Give me a G! Give me an A! Give me a Y! What does that spell?! This years Metalcore fest is?! YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down and claps like bufoon*

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Mar 20,2004 10:34pm
you wont see me at the 'fest this year. By the looks of this thread, i think we got ourselves a strike in the making...?

BY THE WAY....
I couldnt help but notice a particular band on the banner ad tonight, "The Hurt Process",

...who I've never heard of before, but instantly slides into contention for the gayest band name E V E R

does anyone wanna start a sweet metalcore band with me? i alreddie gots the name planned out, its going to be called

X Bury The Breathing Crimson Apparatus Process Broken Wings Idea Fallen Angel Project Letter Q U Theory Plan The X.

someone kill me, fuck you

toggletoggle post by babysbreath   at Mar 20,2004 10:44pm
no wait, i have a better one

The (<---- you absoloutely HAVE to start you band name off with "The")...

The Plan Theory Process Idea Apparatus Theory Idea Plan Process Apparatus Idea Theory

or, xTPTPIATIPPAITx

I'm drunk fuck you yankee blue-jeans Mcgee

toggletoggle post by LostBoy  at Mar 21,2004 1:28am
although the fest is looking pretty lame in comparison to past years, i will attend day 2. Iced Earth, Bodom, Kataklysm, Watch Them Die, Evergrey, Soilent Green, and Darkest Hour are worth it to me.

but day 1? only good/decent bands in my opinion are Killswitch, Arch Enemy, Byzantine, and As I Lay Dying. i'd rather wait for In Flames w/ KsE and AILD.

by the way, new In Flames is a hell of a lot better than Reroute to Remain. R2R was almost all filler material. Soundtrack to Your Escape is a step down from clayman, but not a bad album.

toggletoggle post by extremedeath666  at Mar 21,2004 1:30am
nothing compares to the insan crazyness shit up in here
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/video/guitar.php
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Mar 21,2004 9:32am
*holds fist next to the side of your face*... hey zack ;)

anyways, yeah i saw that a while ago. that is some crazy shit.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 21,2004 3:46pm edited Mar 21,2004 3:46pm
extremedeath666 said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that guy is almost as good as NUNO.

toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Mar 21,2004 4:19pm
First off SFU is a joke, nothing more, how can you go from cannibal corpse to that.. seriously and graveyard classics just ruined it for them even more, I used to love their old stufff off their haunted album, but seriously where the fuck is their dignity. And the line up really isnt that bad, COB, Black dahlia murder, between the buried and me, Pig destroyer, misery index, I mean what the fuck... theres some decent bands for 20 bucks

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Mar 21,2004 8:18pm
extremedeath666 said:

that is so fuckin ironic. someone showed me that video last night and now u post it. that guy is bill dickens and victor wooten on an acoustic guitar

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Addicted Norsk Judgement
[default homepage] [print][12:52:17am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.07322 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]