New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> old dimmu vs new dimmu by bloodyblastocyst on Feb 24,2004 8:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
old dimmu vs new dimmu - usless poll
no vote

toggletoggle post by bloodyblastocyst  at Feb 24,2004 8:46pm
i just started listening to dimmu i was told by a friend that old dimmu is alot better????

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2004 9:03pm
yes it is.
but I like the new disc too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 24,2004 9:03pm
I actually, I made this: http://www.returntothepit.com/bullshit.html
after a dimmu cd.

toggletoggle post by blue  at Feb 24,2004 9:04pm
old dimmu vs. new isnt even a contest. the new stuff cant hold a candle.

toggletoggle post by bloodyblastocyst  at Feb 24,2004 9:10pm
yea i just recently started listening to them and i thought it would be cool to get peoples opinnion on the old shit ive heard some of the old i like it better then new

toggletoggle post by Ninkaszi187   at Feb 24,2004 9:20pm
so what is everyones definition of old dimmu? to me, anything after stormblast is new dimmu. it's all overrated. check out mysticum instead.

toggletoggle post by bloodyblastocyst  at Feb 24,2004 9:25pm
well i think there old shit is harder the vocals suck now theres to much comp bullshit involved.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 24,2004 9:40pm
Yeah, what do you mean old and new? I think there are three stages. Old is För All Tid and Stormblåst, New is Purantanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Death Cult Armeggeddon, and middle is, well, all that middle stuff. I think I have a favorite from each of these: Stormblåst, Enthrone Darkness Triumphant, and Death Cult Armeggeddon. People don't like Death Cult for some reason, probably because the keyboard parts are way cooler than the guitar parts and so guitarists throw hissy fits about it. Whatever.

toggletoggle post by bloodyblastocyst  at Feb 24,2004 9:45pm
yea like keyboarding is cool shit i actually like death cult armageddon its not that bad eradication instincts defined is my favorite song on the cd

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 24,2004 11:36pm
OLD DIMMU is the best no question i'm not even gonna read all the comments above this one

toggletoggle post by Justin ACR at Feb 25,2004 1:22am
personally, i hate stormblast, everyone loves that album, i just don't know why? The only dimmu album i really like is Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. The newer shit is more straight up metal riffs, i think its cool but Im not big on it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 25,2004 9:24am
EDT is awesome.
savage garden too

stormblast is ok, but not my favorite.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 25,2004 2:56pm
BASTARD on rttp????
What the hell?!?

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 25,2004 2:59pm
Oh and bastard....
just letting you know. this whole thing with (spaldin).
Its realy between me and him. So just let me and him bitch at each other.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 25,2004 3:43pm
Dude, bastard. you only like one song from Falconer and Brainstorm. you sound like fortier.
sorry dude.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 25,2004 4:07pm
yes i like the old stuff. Enthrone, Stormblast, and Godless Savage are favorites. I like For all Tid also. My overall favorite is Spiritual Black Dimensions. But, you didnt know that.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 25,2004 4:11pm
entrone, stormblast, and SPB rule, it's before shagrath discovered the computer and vocal changes

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 25,2004 4:15pm
Abbath said:
entrone, stormblast, and SPB rule, it's before shagrath discovered the computer and vocal changes

OH GOD!! those vocal changes break my heart.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Feb 25,2004 6:33pm
old dimmu is good but from a drummers stand point new dimmu kills because nick was just plain all that and a box of cereal. now that he is gone it is going to be interesting to see who can fill such a mighty position. like with origin i hear the new guy completely blows, but i haven't heard him live yet.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Feb 25,2004 8:43pm
All music is bad.

toggletoggle post by Josiah_the_Black  at Feb 25,2004 11:42pm
although i agree that nicholas(nicklaus) is an amazing talented extremely fast drummer, he isn't untouchable by any means, it is definitely possible to replace him, in my opinion tjoldav was about as good

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Feb 26,2004 5:35pm
no way bro.

toggletoggle post by Devin  at Feb 27,2004 6:45pm
To me, their new stuff is of epic proportions. The old is just brutal and satanic, for which I couldn't give a shit.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 27,2004 8:59pm
Devin said:
To me, their new stuff is of epic proportions. The old is just brutal and satanic, for which I couldn't give a shit.

So, youre saying that Spiritual Black Dimensions isnt epic? Have you heard "Behind the Curtains of Night-Phantasmagoria"? Id say its pretty epic. Unless you consider that cd new. I only the consider Death Cult Armageddon new, and I dont like it.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 27,2004 11:36pm
ya i agree with jellyfish, there isn't one song off of death cult that could even hold a fucking candle too the like of Enthrone's "Prudence's Fall"
or SBD's "The insight and the catharsis"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][11:49:23am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01258 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]