New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> you've got maggots in your wound by litacore on Feb 23,2004 11:39am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 11:39am
Yipee!Hooray!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/02/23/offbe...maggots.antibiotics.reut/index.html

British doctors revive maggot treatment

LONDON, England (Reuters) --Starting this month, British doctors will be able to prescribe maggots to patients with infected wounds, a hospital official said.

He said the state National Health Service had realized that maggots were a cheaper and more beneficial way of treating wounds than using conventional medicine.

Patients would be able to treat themselves at home and avoid the possibility of picking up a hospital infection.

Maggots have been used for centuries to rid wounds of decaying flesh, but after the discovery of antibiotics their use went into decline.

"People didn't like the thought of creepy-crawlies on their skin," said Tony Fowler, customer services manager at the Princess of Wales Hospital in Bridgend, Wales.

"But now there is a renewed interest because of the problems caused by the over-use of antibiotics, and the NHS has seen the cost-effectiveness of maggots."

Research at the Princess of Wales Hospital confirmed that placing sterile maggots on wounds could make them heal faster than conventional medicine.

The creatures devour dead, infected tissue and kill off bacteria that could block the healing process without damaging surrounding tissue, since they cannot ingest healthy flesh.

Previously, patients could obtain sterile maggots only from certain hospitals and research centers.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2004 12:35pm
what year is this? 1384?

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 12:54pm
MAGGOTS, Micheal. You're eating MAGGOTS.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 1:00pm
SmallBrownRatFuck said:
MAGGOTS, Micheal. You're eating MAGGOTS.

lost boys
heh

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 1:07pm
Best movie that one of the coreys has ever been in.. that, and the Goonies. OH, and Blown Away, but that's only because you get to see Nicole Eggert's boobies. Mmm. Boobies.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Feb 23,2004 1:09pm
i'd like to see the reaction of the first person who gets presribed maggots to put in his/her own wound. the look would be fuckin priceless.you won't me to do fuckin what??

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 1:16pm
SmallBrownRatFuck said:
Best movie that one of the coreys has ever been in.. that, and the Goonies. OH, and Blown Away, but that's only because you get to see Nicole Eggert's boobies. Mmm. Boobies.

hahaha funny the rev and i were talknig about corey haim yesterday...but you are talking about feldman

oh and she had no boobies in that movie, that was before her baywatch implants, i have that movie on VHS.

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 1:27pm
Mmmm, Baywatch.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 23,2004 1:49pm
next doctors will start pouring molten gold down patients throats to cure the plague

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][2:18:40pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.00884 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]