New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> RTTP: Swing My Vote by xmikex on Oct 31,2008 12:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2008 12:40pm
Here's the deal. Since I turned 18, 6 years ago, I've voted in only 1 presidential election. Up until the last few days I've had no plans to vote at all. My state of mind has been that in a state like Massachusetts where the election was basically over before it began, there's no real point to me voting. I can hem, and haw over it all day, but no matter which way I choose to lean Obama is getting the Massachusetts electoral votes.

Regardless, the consensus seems to be that this is the most important election of our time (even though no one is really convinced that either candidate will make a huge difference for the better). That, and my boss just told me I could leave early on Tuesday if I'm going to vote.

I know a lot of you guys follow politics very closely. So I'm giving you all the chance to A. Convince me that I should vote, and B. Give me a solid reason to vote for either candidate.

If this thread gets 20 views, 0 replies, and falls to page 3 by 4:00 I'm fine with that too.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Oct 31,2008 12:42pm
DO A BARELL ROLL

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 31,2008 12:42pm
i don't believe i'm voting this year. i had intended to, but i don't believe in either candidate, and i believe we are pretty much fucked either way. i don't believe in voting for the lesser of two evils either. if i really believed in a candidate i would vote, but to me its a wasted vote.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Oct 31,2008 12:45pm
1. You should vote because if a candidate wins the popular vote and not the electoral AGAIN, perhaps we can finally riot.
2. You should vote for Obama because if you do you win a prize: hoser calling you a liberal faggot for the rest of your days.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 31,2008 1:33pm
If Obama doesn't get Massachusetts I'll eat my hat.

toggletoggle post by orgymf@work at Oct 31,2008 1:35pm
pam said[orig][quote]
1. You should vote because if a candidate wins the popular vote and not the electoral AGAIN, perhaps we can finally riot.
2. You should vote for Obama because if you do you win a prize: hoser, conservationist and orgy calling you a liberal faggot for the rest of your days.

FIXED

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Oct 31,2008 1:37pm edited Oct 31,2008 1:38pm
the only real reason i can figure is that too many people will think "what does it matter the state's gonna go to obama anyhow" and not go to vote, and the people who want mccain will end up winning.

i'd vote for obama because he may get assassinated and at least we'd have biden. if mccain gets the office and dies in a week, palin becomes president. if that happens i will literally leave this country.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 31,2008 1:38pm
Hmm..it would be interesting to watch Rich eat his hat.

However.

Personally, I'm voting for Obama because 1-3 Supreme Court Justices may die in the next 4-8 years. If this happens, and the Court's balance is tilted more to conservatives I think it would be a problem. Firstly, it's never good to have such a drastic slant on what is essentially supposed to be an apolitical entity.

More specifically, and definitely more of a hot button issue, it would open up the backdrop necessary in order to overthrow Roe v. Wade. With South Dakota voting on some serious restrictions on their state abortion laws, the precedent could be set as early as next week.

The end.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 31,2008 1:52pm
go there and write fucking cookie monster in or some shit. who the fuck cares, you get some time off. I say vote for obama because you will be one more of the record number of people in his win.
I have a feeling that obama is going to have the largest number of votes cast for him in the history of the country and mccain will have the second largest in the history of the country.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 31,2008 1:56pm
the voting system is flawed. higher forces at work will rig the election for Mccain to win. the end is near.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Oct 31,2008 2:08pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
go there and write fucking cookie monster in or some shit. who the fuck cares, you get some time off. I say vote for obama because you will be one more of the record number of people in his win.
I have a feeling that obama is going to have the largest number of votes cast for him in the history of the country and mccain will have the second largest in the history of the country.

exponential population growth ftw

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Oct 31,2008 3:01pm
No diss, but IMHO...

Sacreligion said[orig][quote]
the only real reason i can figure is that too many people will think "what does it matter the state's gonna go to obama anyhow" and not go to vote, and the people who want mccain will end up winning.

That will never happen. Massachusetts Dems are wayyyy too organized to ever let this happen. And Massachusetts is overflowing with youngsters foaming at the mouth to make the fashionable vote for Obama. It's not a bad point, but it would take a massive lapse in voter responsibility to let this happen.

i'd vote for obama because he may get assassinated...

I've heard so sooo many people bring up the "Obama will get assassinated" card as a deciding factor (going both ways mind you) for who they've voting for. Do people understand just how hard it is to assassinate a president? The whole planet supposedly hates George Bush but he's yet to be assassinated. A guy even threw a grenade at him somewhere in Europe, and it still didn't work. When did it all of a sudden become so matter-of-fact that a president could be assassinated just because he's black? It blows my mind the way people think sometimes.

IMHO.

toggletoggle post by Sacreligion at Oct 31,2008 3:04pm
i wouldn't be surprised if a small group of nutjobs could pull it off though. the only real point i was making was that it's quite possible that both of these candidates can die quite shortly after they are inaugurated

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Oct 31,2008 7:05pm
Vote for McCain to put a counter balance to the Democrats getting a super majority and having more power then the Republicans ever had with no opposition.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 31,2008 7:09pm
Dankill said[orig][quote]
Vote for McCain to put a counter balance to the Democrats getting a super majority and having more power then the Republicans ever had with no opposition.

maybe that extra power will proof useful in changing the problems with the country.

toggletoggle post by scumfuck at Oct 31,2008 7:51pm
pam said[orig][quote]

2. You should vote for Obama because if you do you win a prize: hoser calling you a liberal faggot for the rest of your days.

Well i've made up my mind

toggletoggle post by scumfuck at Oct 31,2008 7:53pm
Also besides the whole presidential thing there are a number of questions on the ballot that will affect this state in one way or another.

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Oct 31,2008 8:28pm
I was going to vote for Bob Barr and then I realized that I don't have time to go home on Tuesday to vote. OH WELL!

toggletoggle post by Dankill at Oct 31,2008 10:28pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
Dankill said[orig][quote]

maybe that extra power will proof useful in changing the problems with the country.

You'd think, but I don't trust one party having so much power that they can just do stuff without even debating it.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Nov 1,2008 12:07am
hoser will call me a liberal fag either way.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 1,2008 12:26am
pam said[orig][quote]

Meanie!!!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Nov 1,2008 12:27am
Untrue....you shoul all vote as you wish....I only wish that Democracy prevails. Honest.

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Nov 1,2008 1:45am
there's only one way to vote that will make nay difference at all, and that's with a sniper rifle.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Nov 1,2008 3:19am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

Meanie!!!

You love it

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney at Nov 1,2008 5:58am
Write in the Keebler Elves...I mean Kucinich, that little rapscallion.

toggletoggle post by dont do it at Nov 4,2008 9:01am
voting is gay. it doesnt matter who wins they're two sides of the same coin.

toggletoggle post by concretesean  at Nov 4,2008 12:55pm
Take notes, this is how you set that one up.

bennyhillifier

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Possesed Blood Soaked Gods
[default homepage] [print][11:24:17am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02826 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]