New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Obama the Salesman? Tells the Crowd what it wants, hang the consequences? by Conservationist on Oct 29,2008 3:25pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Oct 29,2008 3:25pm
You better believe it!

The internal campaign idea is to twist, distort, humiliate and finally dispirit you.

We pay people and organize people to go to all the online sites and “play the part of a clinton or mccain supporter who just switched our support for obama”

We do this to stifle your motivation and to destroy your confidence.

There is a huge staff of people working around the clock, watching every site, blogs, etc. We flood these sites. We have had a goal to overwhelm.

Sprinkle in mass vote confusion and it becomes bewildering. Most people lose patience and just give up on their support of a candidate and decide to just block out tv, news, websites, etc.

This surprisingly has had a huge suppressing movement and vote turnout issues.

http://powerandcontrol.blogspot.com/2008/10/another-anecdote.html

It's hard to buck a trend, and admit that Barack Obama is a SOCIALLY popular candidate with almost no substance.

He's not really a good public speaker. He doesn't have any articulated plan. His tendencies don't differ from those of other Democrats.

So why do people like him?

He's the man who fits the role. They are angry at George Bush because they don't like wars and the economy has had a periodic downturn, although that has nothing to do with who's president.

They're angry at this economy because some were winners and hey, they're not. They're the people who DO NOT earn $140,000 a year and live in the suburbs, which means that as our country slides into third-world status, they're going to be the bottoms not the tops.

They're angry and like rioters, they're going to throw a hissy fit and then ignore it when what is promised to them is also ignored. They do not have a constructive plan, only a destructive one: revenge at The Other.

Ignorance has no clearer face.

http://penetrate.blogspot.com/2008/10/cand...dates-ensure-social-popularity.html

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 29,2008 3:30pm
No plan is better than a bad plan (i.e Mccains plan)

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Oct 29,2008 3:39pm
If you look at McCain's plan as fairness to the individual, it'll make no sense.

If you look at it as an economist would, it's a good general economic stimulus that will also require our government to cut some failed social programs -- which is also good.

No plan is never a good idea.

McCain is, at worst, Bush Sr. continuation. At best, he's a nice fusion of the Reagan-Carter axes.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Oct 29,2008 3:40pm
Josh_Martin said[orig][quote]
No plan is better than a bad plan (i.e Mccains plan)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 29,2008 3:40pm
bombing iran == fairness to the individual?
don't with the warmongers.
up with the antichrist obama.

toggletoggle post by darkwor at Oct 29,2008 3:59pm
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

If you look at it as an economist would, it's a good general economic stimulus that will also require our government to cut some failed social programs -- which is also good.

did you watch the 3rd debate? obama said he would cut failed social programs and went down a list of programs that could be changed or cancelled. mccain said nothing about this.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Oct 29,2008 4:00pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 29,2008 4:03pm

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Oct 29,2008 5:09pm
any fuck who wants to be in iraq for 100 years aint getting my vote.

i say we cut the financial aid to israel, pull out of iraq and afganistan, and the 100 other countries we have troops in, and spend that money on infrastructure, education, technology and the environment

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Oct 29,2008 5:34pm
darkwor said[orig][quote]
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

did you watch the 3rd debate? obama said he would cut failed social programs and went down a list of programs that could be changed or cancelled. mccain said nothing about this.

Changed or cancelled... let's see which of those he means. My guess is the former, for the same reason McCain can't honestly say he'll cancel them -- it's the prerogative of Congress, and Congress will oppose the president in any attempt to remove these programs.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Oct 29,2008 5:36pm
y_ddraig_goch said[orig][quote]
any fuck who wants to be in iraq for 100 years aint getting my vote.

i say we cut the financial aid to israel, pull out of iraq and afganistan, and the 100 other countries we have troops in, and spend that money on infrastructure, education, technology and the environment

Republican presidential front-runner Sen. John McCain on Thursday defended his statement that U.S. troops could spend "maybe 100" years in Iraq -- saying he was referring to a military presence similar to what the nation already has in places like Japan, Germany and South Korea.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/14/mccain.king/

Foreign presence is very useful for eliminating nuclear proliferation. You're a superpower now, USA -- you will need to keep some control over your enemies. So neither Dem nor Republican is going to do that.

But if we slashed welfare and some of the staggering other third of our gov't that is social programs, as well as gov't itself, we could have plenty of money to do that.

Interestingly, we do spend a lot of money on technology r&d -- but it's called military spending.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Oct 29,2008 5:52pm

Interestingly, we do spend a lot of money on technology r&d -- but it's called military spending.

imagine if it were spent on bettering the citizens lives, i.e better energy/medicine

toggletoggle post by grizloch   at Oct 29,2008 6:49pm
IM VERY CONFUSED, THE THREAD TITLE JUST DESCRIBED ALL POLITICIANS EVER, WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU HOPING TO DO WITH THAT?

...besides getting all of the above peoples' respective panties bunchified

but truthfully, I hope one day that you wise up and start applying your rhetoric on the people you identify with

ALL PEOPLE ARE STUPID, REGARDLESS OF POLITICAL ORIENTATION, OBAMA ISN'T GOING TO CHANGE ANYTHING, NEITHER IS MCCAIN, PICK THE ONE THAT LOOKS BETTER ON TV AND MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][7:26:09pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01049 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]