New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Official Dimmu roll-call thread by Hoser on Oct 16,2008 7:42pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Hoser at Oct 16,2008 7:42pm
Who's gonna be there tomorrow night?!

Aside from me, my wife, my buddies Jason, Ryan, and Gabe that is.....

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Oct 16,2008 7:49pm edited Oct 16,2008 7:50pm
i would but i gotta work early in the morning and i've seen Dimmu so many times it just isnt as exciting anymore.

toggletoggle post by McGunk at Oct 16,2008 9:19pm
i used to be in this band dimmu sucks

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Oct 16,2008 9:47pm
I would only be going for moonspell, but seeing they aren't headlining and I just dropped over 80 bucks for iced earth (gas, food, two tickets) I think I'll just wait until next year, or if they do a headlining tour

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 16,2008 10:57pm
I remember when Danzig, Dimmu and Moonspell were all relevant. That makes me feel old. Bad touch.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Oct 16,2008 11:05pm
i'd like to see danzig die in a fuckin fire. and this is coming from an old fan.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Oct 16,2008 11:10pm
i'd like to see dimmu die in a freak corpse paint accident. moonspell can kill each other with their cowboy hats. epic fail show grrraaaahhh!

toggletoggle post by josh_hates_you  at Oct 16,2008 11:59pm
i might go if there are gonna be lots of dumb hott topic shopping girls. I heard they put out.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Oct 17,2008 2:57am
i'd rather see amon amarth

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 17,2008 7:28am
i'll be there. thankfully since i'm a foot taller than just about everyone that will be there i can exist in a different zone than the Hot Topic fags.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 17,2008 10:33am
does anyone know the set times? i only care about Dimmu, so i'm going to get drunk beforehand.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Oct 17,2008 10:59am
weird, I don't see this on the events page.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 17,2008 11:07am
I'm going! Look for the guy with long hair, goatee and the mozart, beethoven shirt hehe

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 17,2008 11:29am
also if anyone needs a ride, message me before 2.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 17,2008 11:51am
also, it's now on the events page! :-D

(I think someone put it in originally with an earlier and different date)

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Oct 17,2008 1:11pm
huh...nobody knew about this...

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Oct 17,2008 1:12pm
or cared...

I'm there for Moonspell and Dimmu....then I'm going home.

toggletoggle post by aril at Oct 17,2008 1:17pm
i'd go but i haven't liked any dimmu stuff really since spiritual black dimensions.
plus, AA tomorrow night..

toggletoggle post by LongDeadGod  at Oct 18,2008 2:08am
got there in time to see winds of gay, who played every generic open chord breakdown ever written.
saw moonspell, who i really enjoyed, my bud got kicked out for taking a cell pick.
watched dimmu, who were allright i guess, i was right in front about 8 rows back, sound was pretty shitty. a couple people further back said sound was allright.
left before danzig.
word.

toggletoggle post by boblovesmusic   at Oct 18,2008 2:13am
Skeletonwitch - Awesome though the Palladium destroyed their sound. They'd be awesome at the Middle East or somewhere similar
Winds Of Plague - I like elements of their sound (some of their proggy sections were kinda cool), however the vocalist could use the boot and the drummer was highly unimpressive
Moonspell - Totally awesome, would've liked to seen/heard a longer set by them.
Dimmu Borgir - my friend put it best, they're the glam black metal. They're cheesy and over the top as all hell, but god damn do they do it well. Take them too seriously and you miss out (This goes out to the fans and haters)!
Danzig - "So this is what a better Ozzy sounds like..." Apparently he wasn't in his top form, but he sounded alright, though he did sound old and tired. The backing band was top.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Oct 18,2008 3:20am
Dimmu = Motley Crue "Looks That Kill" video come to life. Actually, their entire career arc kinda reminds me of Motley Crue if they never made Dr. Feelgood (ie a "hit"). Two or three cool albums followed by a downward spiral of increasingly uninspired shit. Though I suppose the argument could be made that Dimmu got stuck on Theatre Of Pain.

And Danzig without John Christ, Eerie Von and Chuck Biscuits = sonic equivalent of Glenn's bald spot with a side order of doughy old guinea in mesh.

toggletoggle post by inject-now at Oct 18,2008 1:27pm
i was about to go to this but i turned around on the highway knowing it would be a mistake. i would have liked to see moonspell and danzing. $30 plus parking wasn't sitting well with me.

toggletoggle post by thedivineoctavian at Oct 18,2008 3:34pm
McGunk said[orig][quote]
i used to be in this band dimmu sucks

your in EVERY band....jesus christ will you please yourself????

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Oct 20,2008 1:23pm
i only saw Dimmu, who were a big meh. that's definitely the last time i will see them. Shagrath sounds like shit, he does that obnoxious Popeye voice all the time now because he can't do the roaring anymore. Spellbound By the Devil should have sounded so much more evil, but it sounded weak as hell. i mean it was cool seeing the songs live again, but the years have not been kind. Vortex sounded like ass which was so disappointing, i can deal with Shagrath as long as Vortex sounds good. the sound overall wasn't bad, but it did leave a lot to be desired. by far the worst performance i've seen from them. the setlist was meh too, the best song was Reptile. the best part of the show was watching my huge roommate jump in the pit barefoot and fuck everyone up. at one point the place went quiet and i yelled "YOU'RE BALDING!!" to Silenoz, he did not look happy. he glared at me for about 15 seconds.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Twisted Abhorrent Rapist
[default homepage] [print][11:17:41am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.02475 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]