New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> this years ozz fest looks 1/2 way decent by subjugate on Feb 19,2004 8:32am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 19,2004 8:32am
OZZFEST 2004: Lineup Released Ahead Of Press Conference - Feb. 18, 2004

Ozzfest's official web site has inadvertently released (screenshot) what is believed to be the official lineup for this year's festival. It is as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

Second Stage:

SLIPKNOT
HATEBREED
LAMB OF GOD

Rotating:

ATREYU
BLEEDING THROUGH
LACUNA COIL
EVERY TIME I DIE
UNEARTH
GOD FORBID

The press conference to announce the exact lineup for this year's Ozzfest will take place on Friday, February 20 at 11:00 a.m. PST at Avalon (1735 N. Vine Street) in Hollywood, California.

toggletoggle post by HiImPaul  at Feb 19,2004 8:40am
actually it looks pretty gay per usual. It has most of those popular metalcore bands that boarder line nu metal anyways. Fuck ozzfest.

toggletoggle post by subjugate   at Feb 19,2004 8:51am
JUDAS PRIEST
w. halford

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Feb 19,2004 9:00am
and you have to think if it looks decent for 70 bucks a ticket. Fuck that.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 19,2004 9:00am
looks less gay than most ozzfests'

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 19,2004 9:03am
i think i may cover this...

toggletoggle post by TheGreatSpaldino   at Feb 19,2004 9:07am
Superjoint Ritual is the epitome of gay

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Feb 19,2004 9:30am
this really pisses me off. i dont want to pay 80 bucks to see a reunited judas priest. the hot topic kids are gonna eat up dimmu though.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Feb 19,2004 10:20am
Compared to past Ozzfest I'd say this line up is gold. Although I think the old man should take a seat this year. Sabbath with Dio should play instead.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 19,2004 10:54am
i never thought I'd live to see the day but I may just have to go too.

but then again somebody might throw beer (or pee) onto the soundboard.

I'm pissed Sharron is making Ozzy do this. Let the fuckin' guy heal. Chrissakes/

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 19,2004 11:10am
subjugate said:

Main Stage:

OZZY OSBOURNE
JUDAS PRIEST
SLAYER
DIMMU BORGIR
SUPERJOINT RITUAL
BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

This is fucking great! I will just stay at the main stage. I'll sit through Superjoint Ritual any day to see Dimmu, Slayer, and Priest all at one concert! And the price won't be that bad. Two years ago grass seats at Ozzfest were going for 15 bucks.

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Feb 19,2004 1:01pm
20$ says within the next month we start seeing slipknot pictures with their new best friends dimmu borgir.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 19,2004 1:09pm
morkul said:
20$ says within the next month we start seeing slipknot pictures with their new best friends dimmu borgir.

and i will kill myself

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 19,2004 1:25pm edited Feb 19,2004 1:26pm
morkul said:

Nah, I doubt it. I am glad that Dimmu is getting this publicity. They certainly deserve it. Replace SJR with Children Of Bodom and BLS with Opeth and put them all at top bill and you got yourself one hell of a show.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2004 2:10pm

toggletoggle post by morkul  at Feb 19,2004 2:12pm
either way it should be a killer day of music and mayhem.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 19,2004 2:20pm
morkul said:
either way it should be a killer day of music and mayhem.

Agreed. Speaking of mayhem, wouldn't it be cool if Mayhem played Ozzfest? That would slap the Slipknot fans in the face. And about that article, I would really really like to see an article about Ozzy that doesn't mention the bat incident. Ok! Ozzy bit the head off a bat! We all know that! Let's move on!

toggletoggle post by Wee...Bink!  at Feb 19,2004 2:23pm
...he bit the head off THREE bats. one he thought was fake.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 19,2004 2:26pm
Wee...Bink! said:
...he bit the head off THREE bats. one he thought was fake.

No. He bit the head off a fake bat. Then, at one gig someone threw a dead bat onstage. Ozzy, being fucked up on who the hell knows what, thought it was fake (cause bats are rubbery in texture), bit its head off, then realized, "oh shit". The other one was a dove, which he knew was real.

toggletoggle post by 5 Minutes Hate at Feb 19,2004 5:04pm
retzam said:

Replace SJR with Children Of Bodom and BLS with Opeth and put them all at top bill and you got yourself one hell of a show.

Agreed, I love Children of Bodom.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 19,2004 5:42pm
WTF

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 19,2004 6:10pm
not a bad lineup.......personally i like superjoints new album.....id take them anyday over damageplan,even though phil lost his fucking mind....... ozzy should just go nuts and kill sharon for christ sake......the osbournes is the gayest show, and that bitch totally ruined him. he used to be somewhat of a metal god,but now he just looks retarded and his kids suck just as much as wife. i hope jack osbourne has a pianoed dropped on him while hes fucking kelly

toggletoggle post by sitroMmuidOeD  at Feb 19,2004 6:12pm
intricateprocess said:
not a bad lineup.......personally i like superjoints new album.....id take them anyday over damageplan,even though phil lost his fucking mind....... ozzy should just go nuts and kill sharon for christ sake......the osbournes is the gayest show, and that bitch totally ruined him. he used to be somewhat of a metal god,but now he just looks retarded and his kids suck just as much as wife. i hope jack osbourne has a pianoed dropped on him while hes fucking kelly
in the butt.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 19,2004 6:57pm
sitroMmuidOeD said:
intricateprocess said:
in the butt
hole.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 21,2004 3:55am
Bump cause of awesomeness.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 21,2004 4:04am
well, it could be worse.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Feb 21,2004 4:06am
But alot better too... well, no cause its ozzfest. and ozzy is a tool.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Feb 21,2004 9:11am
I'd rather see this than the NEHMF.

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 21,2004 2:56pm
I wonder what happened to the nu metal bands.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 21,2004 3:06pm
ya, no kidden. ozz fest used to be a nu metal buttf**k. supposedly jack osbourne picks the bands,and being the trendy wanker that he is, he picked all metalcore bands.......cause thats whats "in" right now. if black metal was in,he'd sell his soul.....

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 21,2004 3:09pm
UGH...I love how Jack acknowledged Meshuggah as "death metal from Norway." He knows his shit.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Feb 21,2004 3:17pm
jack osbourne needs to be prison raped

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 21,2004 5:24pm
Terence said:
UGH...I love how Jack acknowledged Meshuggah as "death metal from Norway." He knows his shit.

Hahaha, yeah seriously. I got pretty pissed when he said that.

toggletoggle post by JellyFish at Feb 21,2004 10:47pm
I like:
Slayer, Dimmu, Judas Priest, Unearth

I dislike:
Superjoint, slipknot, every time i die, hatebreed, BLS, ozzy, atreyu, bleeding through, lacuna coil.

I dont care:
lamb of god(seen them a million times) God Forbid

All in all, it could be a lot worse. I wont go because i couldnt handle being around those kids. But, at least they put on some good shit. Fuck korn and disturbed.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Feb 22,2004 12:47am
its good to see that they're getting some better bands, but its still kinda weird to see hardcore bands at ozzfest.....i don't know if it will ever mix.

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 22,2004 9:29pm
I am going for two reasons:

1. Priest with Halford. Need I say more?

2. The chance to see Dimmu at the main stage of the Tweeter Center is too small to pass up. This is once in a lifetime (unless they play Ozzfest again).

Well, actually, the more I

toggletoggle post by Blackout  at Feb 23,2004 1:57am
For those 15$ grass seats I'd consider it for Uunearth, bleeding through, and lamb of god... but having to wait between those numerous gay sets and walking around amongst members of the trench coat mafia and kids dressed in orange janitor suits... I don't think I could put up.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2004 10:38am
Blackout said:
For those 15$ grass seats I'd consider it for Uunearth, bleeding through, and lamb of god... but having to wait between those numerous gay sets and walking around amongst members of the trench coat mafia and kids dressed in orange janitor suits... I don't think I could put up.

haha unearth, you definately are from whitman

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 10:56am
tee-hee

Joe, what do Somervillians listen to?

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Feb 23,2004 11:02am
whitman, ma...represent

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 11:08am
Somerville playlist:
1.) Ascendancy
2.) Brodequin
3.) Dokaka (that Japanese guy who does the acapella-karaoke versions of Slayer, Maiden, Metallica)
4.) Diamanda Galas (new shit, good shit)
5.) Krzysztof Penderecki (the guy who did most of the scary music in "The Shining")

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 11:09am
oh but yeah, I guess I'll have to go to this. Oh well.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2004 11:53am
In Somerville they listen to Brazilian dance music.
You are the exception to the rule

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 11:57am
haha, yeah Union Square where I live is like, the MORDOR of salsa music

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 12:10pm
LOL! Hey, I live around the corner from Ryles on Inman... although I do get to see some shitty punk every once in awhile at the Abbey.

btw, I've never seen Lamb of God live, although I'm not paying $80 to. That's just gay.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 12:20pm
really? no fuckin' shit, we're neighbors. I used to live on St. Mary

Lamb of God will probably play the NE Metalfest anyway

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 12:24pm
I live just down the street from the firehouse right on the corner. St. Mary's has that SWEEEET jungle-gym in the shape of an octogonocle or whatever.

NE Metalfest. Hrm.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2004 12:26pm
you 2 should go to salsa night together, i'll double date with Debbie

toggletoggle post by SmallBrownRatFuck   at Feb 23,2004 1:10pm
Shit, I used to know how to dance salsa, but I'm a big fan of the forbidden dance.

Man, that was a shitty movie. Matter of fact, I hate almost any movie with dancing in it.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][9:08:46am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02208 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]