New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Friday Feb 27th in Providence, RI by pessimist on Feb 16,2004 6:45pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 16,2004 6:45pm
Abhorred
Cryptic Warning
Sorcery
Nefarious

At the Safari Lounge in Providence, RI
check http://www.abhorred.cjb.net for more info and directions...
show starts at 8:30
18+

Show up....

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 17,2004 6:34am
I will try to go.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 17,2004 10:40am
thanks

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 19,2004 8:59am
bump

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 19,2004 11:18am
i was told cryptic warning cant play because the place is 21+? if they dont i think Basiliskk is playing...but with out a bassist

www.basiliskk.vze.com

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 19,2004 11:52am
are you 100% sure the place is 21+? i heard 18+...

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 19,2004 12:32pm
its a bar not a club...i'm 100% positive its 21+

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 21,2004 6:45pm
Yea you're right...but i dont see why Cryptic Warning wouldnt be able to play it... Abhorred has played 21+ shows and two of us are under 21. Unless this bar just sucks..,

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 21,2004 7:21pm
well i just talked with Rusty from Nefarious and the guy that runs the safari....

friday the 27th consists of
Nefarious
Sorcery
Nightmare Continues
Basiliskk

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 21,2004 7:51pm
are you sure?

cause we (Abhorred) and Cryptic Warning are supposed to be on that

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Feb 21,2004 8:34pm
CW and Abhorred are definitely playing this show. I was never told that there were changes.

From what I understand, Jay from Sorcery was booking this show (and I helped himout by getting him Abhorred) and he never contacted me about anything unusual. I wish there was better communication here... who is booking this? Can someone call me and fill me in, because CW and Abhorred really don't want to be excluded all of a sudden without even being contacted.

cell 617 319 6030

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 21,2004 9:48pm
yea please fill us in and Anthony let me or John know as soon as you find out anything. Please.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 22,2004 12:06pm
bump until someone finds out what the hell is going on...

toggletoggle post by Ceremonialdagger at Feb 22,2004 4:08pm
i was at the Safari last night to see I, Destroyer. I kow the guy that books there

he said somthing along the lines of "bands with members under 21 can't play here."
the reason is simple: its a bar not a live venue, that's also why he cant charge people to get in

he showed me his schedule book and wrote down the names to be printed in the Pheonix

this is the order of the bands Last to First:
Nefarious
Basiliskk
Sorcery
The Nightmare Continues

if the nightmare continues doesnt confirm, i mentioned Abhorred wanting to play and he said thats cool so long as your memebers arent like 16 and 17...

thats all i know..sorry for any confusion

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 22,2004 4:43pm
what the fuck....

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Feb 22,2004 7:55pm
I can see that we're not going to be on this show.

I'd like to say however that the way this change was done is terribly unprofessional. Although we are all 18 and you could probably guess that from seeing us, no one actually knows for a fact how old CW is. I've never told anyone involved with this show our ages . So kicking us off I guess is just based on an assumption?

Also, I dont know how anyone involved in this knows how old the Abhorred are, or anyone in RI that even knows them as a band, so on what basis were they taken off the show? Now that just seems ridiculous.

Kind of fishy... CW and, I'm sure the Abhorred too, dont appreciate the way this has been handled.

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 22,2004 10:31pm
sounds fishy? OK Nancy Drew..

dont shoot the fucking messenger...i'm just letting you know what's going on...

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Feb 23,2004 7:54am
I wasn't accusing you of anything. This is the thread about this show so this is where I'm talking about the changes that have happened... I'm just upset about the situation in general.

Just try to put yourself in our position... If you found about something like this through a message board without being contacted by anyone you'd be trying to figure out what the fuck was going on too.

Anyways, we like you and your band so don't take this as an attack against you.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 9:34am
I'm gonna have to go with Anthony on this one. someone needs to let one of the bands know 100% what is going on because to book us for the show, and then take us off the show without at least the courtesy of a phone call is a little ridiculous.

I have no clue as to why the we can't play the show, as we were never contacted about anything. If its an age thing, thats not a problem. 3/4 of our band is 21. So someone let me know. All I want is an e-mail or a phone call so the entire band (both bands, for that matter) doesn't waste an hour and a half driving to R.I. on a Friday night. I don't think its too much to ask...

John from Abhorred
978-852-1518
theabhorred@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 10:23am
its not my responisbility to call you and tell you're off the show ecpecially considering the fact that we just got added out of nowhere...its not my show

you said yourself Jay booked the show, so get in touch with him...

and if Nightmare Continues dont confirm (which they havnt yet) Abhorred is on the bill....

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2004 10:28am edited Feb 23,2004 10:29am
this is the shadiest thing I have ever heard about, I am curious to know what happens, I was trying to talk some people to go to this show to see Abhorred and Cryptic Warning.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 10:50am
ceremonialdagger said:

and if Nightmare Continues dont confirm (which they havnt yet) Abhorred is on the bill....

I understand this is not your show, but if you or someone else can let us know, it would be appreciated.

Again, somehow we need to find out one way or the other so that we don't waste our time driving down there...

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 10:51am
joe i'll talk to you tonight at the show...

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 12:13pm
you guys sound like chicks...fucking relax...

The Nightmare Continues declined the show so Abhorred is on...give me a gaurantee and i'll call Bill at the Safari ASAP...

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 23,2004 12:29pm
i thought you werent running the show?

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 12:54pm
allright we are DEFINANTLY playing the show. thanks for your help.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 1:05pm
Anthony, i'm sorry this shit had to happen to you guys...

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 1:22pm
i'm not running it. i'm just clearing shit up

i just called Bill and left a message so Abhorred should be confirmed.

Cryptic Warning - i'll try and book a show with you guys as soon as i can....my black heart has no room for remorse, but being in a band myself i know how shitty it is to lose a show...the fact of the matter its the bars rules not mine (actually its the fucking LAW...) but if the bar gets caught with people under 21 in there, they are fucked. that's the way it goes. We'll work somthing out in the future...i'll put you guys on the next show i'm in charge of and i'll bug Bill about possibly letting you guys play at the Safari in the future (dont get your hopes up though) its a scummy shit-hole bar anways...we'll book the Green Room or The Chopping Block or somthing...you know i dig you guys and your music, that's why i put you on that BoK show a while back...hope there are no hard feelings, but if there are, go fuck a bible because i dont give a fuck...i'm a heartless human being...

Feb. 27th The Safari Lounge, Providence
Nefarious
Basiliskk
Sorcery
Abhorred

a night of blasphemy and alcohol

21+, cheap beer, fat ugly girls and a slanted pool table...

come one, come all!

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 1:34pm
on a side note:

Basiliskk does not want their pictures on Return to the Pit.com

they arent a scene-band and want no affiliation with this site...

keep the underground, UNDERGROUND...fuck trends and posers...

darkest regards
andrew-basiliskk
www.basiliskk.vze.com

toggletoggle post by George   at Feb 23,2004 1:48pm
ceremonialdagger said:
on a side note:

Basiliskk does not want their pictures on Return to the Pit.com

they arent a scene-band and want no affiliation with this site...

keep the underground, UNDERGROUND...fuck trends and posers...

darkest regards
andrew-basiliskk
www.basiliskk.vze.com

what the hell. that completely retarted.

toggletoggle post by DeOdiumMortis  at Feb 23,2004 2:00pm
I'm so staying out of this one... hah.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 2:04pm
i'm not...

this is not a "Scene" site...

w t f
ummm you just promoted your show on here...
hypocrite much?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2004 2:16pm
mr. basiliskk: fuck you. I'm as un-scene as it gets. I go to shows and take pictures solely to help the bands. it's not like I'm making money off these photos or tight-rolling my pants inbetween bands. most of the shows I go to I sit and play gameboy in between bands.

If you don't want your pictures up here, then I will never see your band. which sucks cause I heard good things.

so looks like you are too caught up in scene bullshit.
get your head out of your ass or stay off this site.
your bad additude will only hurt your band.

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 2:25pm
We in Abhorred will gladly have our pictures on Return to the Pit (and Defy Unlearn for that matter). We thank you both greatly for all of your help as far as that goes and for the radio airplay.

Also, my dark, heartless friend, one of our guitarists is 18, is this going to cause a problem with us playing? It wouldn't make sense to drive down there if someone is going to tell us not to play...

toggletoggle post by Cryptic Anthony at Feb 23,2004 2:46pm
Andrew, just so you know there are no hard feelings here. Shit happens.

Despite the very negative tone this thread has taken (and I'm not taking sides on any scene issues here) we'll keep in touch with you and your band and we'd be happy to play with you again.

By the way, I've tried to contact Jay from Sorcery alot, because he was the only person I was in contact with before all this messageboard stuff, and he hasn't replied to me.

toggletoggle post by George   at Feb 23,2004 2:51pm
aaron does more for local bands than anybody in new england could. anybody who doesnt appreciate the effort he makes for this scene is a total douche bag, i dont care how great your band is, fuck you.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 2:59pm
it's not about taking sides....it's that he pimped his band a few times just in this thread..

then talked about keeping it underground and called this a scene site

when all the_reverend does is help promote bands
it's hypocritical

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 3:52pm
i've never "pimped" my band on this site aside from putting my bands URL. but thats just part of a copy paste i use for emails and shit. The whole
"darkest regards
andrew-basiliskk
www.basiliskk.vze.com"
is an auto type-it-for-me on my computer...i apologize,

if youre reffering to my looking for a bassist on this board believe you, me...i did everything in my power to avoid posting on this board but the fact of the matter is, this board is pretty much all locals (NE) and after a lot of mental deliberation i finnaly caved and posted here because i had no other choice aside from not having a bassist

but alas, that post was to no avail due to this boards lack of true metal heads; black metal fans in particular. after this show situation is cleared up, you will never see my post here again..

i'm sure the revered is doing what he can for the "scene" and more power to him. i have nothing personally against him or this website...but basically,FUCK the "scene"...Basiliskk wants nothing to do with it...if that comes across as arrogance...good...we dont look for acceptance...

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 3:57pm
Pessimist: no it shouldnt be a big problem so long as he doesnt try to buy beers. the guy that owns this place (not the guy that books it) is this crazy old man that just kinda trolls around the club (when he's not smoking crack out of his pipe) looking for underage people..if its obvious the kid is in the band it should be alright...he may get asked to leave once your set is over which sucks but just tell him to lay low...

basically the guy that books knew before hand (not from me, honestly...i dig CW) that CW werent 21+....and he said he couldnt allow it unfortunatly...he doesnt know abhorred has an under 21 member and what he doesnt know wont hurt him...like i say lay low, and you should be fine...i've been drinking in this bar since i was like 16 as have lot of my friends...i've seen tons of the thrown out but then i've seen tons not get in any trouble...the crazy old man just decides who he thinks is under 21 and cards them based on physical appearance...

hope that helps

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 4:14pm
no he's smart enough not to try to buy beers. we'll see you friday. thanks.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 4:15pm
ceremonialdagger said:
i've never "pimped" my band on this site aside from putting my bands URL. but thats just part of a copy paste i use for emails and shit. The whole
"darkest regards
andrew-basiliskk
www.basiliskk.vze.com"
is an auto type-it-for-me on my computer...i apologize,

autotype or not...you kept it in there..hence i said you are pimping your band AND you pimped the show.

if youre reffering to my looking for a bassist on this board believe you, me...i did everything in my power to avoid posting on this board but the fact of the matter is, this board is pretty much all locals (NE) and after a lot of mental deliberation i finnaly caved and posted here because i had no other choice aside from not having a bassist

and yes that too is pimping

but alas, that post was to no avail due to this boards lack of true metal heads; black metal fans in particular. after this show situation is cleared up, you will never see my post here again..

why not stop now?if you want to talk to the other bands...you don't have to post here...you can use a phone or email...

i'm sure the revered is doing what he can for the "scene" and more power to him. i have nothing personally against him or this website...but basically,FUCK the "scene"...Basiliskk wants nothing to do with it...if that comes across as arrogance...good...we dont look for acceptance...

all that post did is make people see just how hypocritical you are.

if you dislike this site so much..why are you here?

the fact that you thought you could find a bassist on here..well obviously you didn't think it was all that bad then..

and, you say you will go away AFTER the show...hey, if you hate it so much, why wait until AFTER the show? why not stop now? oh yeah, because you want to pimp the show..right...i forgot...

ok i'm done

toggletoggle post by pessimist  at Feb 23,2004 4:16pm
i love carina when she gets feisty...

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 4:42pm
how can i retort? that font is so big!!!

pessimist...i have a digital flyer that was going to post in this thread but that'd be pimping....so if you want to post it ony our site, here's URL to it...you can post in this thread so i dont get called a pimp by a female again....it's really starting to get to me and i MIGHT cry...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid1...4d9aad2a1a4850f64599c3/f989079c.jpg

is that the logo you use? if not give me a link to a different logo and i'll use that...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 23,2004 4:49pm edited Feb 23,2004 4:51pm
hah pessimist!=)

i just don't think it's right for someone to put down this site and say they don't want their pics taken...

then just don't come here

aaron does sooo much for the scene

i can understand if he was talking about my site...not wanting to be photographed alongside Chris Cornell or whoever else i have on there...but then again i probably wouldn't shoot them anyhow unless i wa at a show with aaron

to each his own...

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 5:00pm edited Feb 23,2004 5:04pm
gee willerkers! (<sp?)

mind you I love black metal to pieces but taking it THIS seriously (i.e. "everyone on this board is a poser") just opens ya up to ridicule outside the practice room / church basement

nonetheless, it makes me want to hear the band, since it must be pretty badass! damn, I guess he had the desired effect.

hm. I dunno anymore

toggletoggle post by ceremonialdagger at Feb 23,2004 5:04pm
as previously stated, after this show you will not see me on this site.
i was informed that there was some mis communications onthis board regarding the show...i wanted to get everything squared away and i feel as though i have done so...

aaron does wonders for the scene and thats fantastic...once again i have nothing personally against anyone affiliated with this site...it's just not the place for my band...

abhorred - email me if you want the flyer changed..or have any other questions or concerns...

i've made my mark, made my enemies...my job is done
last post. i promise. i'll miss you all...

carry on with your, sideways hats, messenger bags and skin tight ironic metal t-shirts...

i had to go out with a bang, i'm sure you understand... ;)

DARKEST REGARDS
ANDREW - BASILISKK
WWW.RETURNTOTHEPIT.COM

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Feb 23,2004 5:12pm
I don't wear sideways hats!

too fuckin' funny, the responses:
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne....aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=10411

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 23,2004 5:28pm
thenightmarecontinues... was never contacted about this show in any way shape or form. i don't even know why we were billed in the first place. anyway yeah, this isn't lambgoat, dude. much love to rev. <3

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 23,2004 5:58pm
BASILISKK = RAINBOW METAL

you're a fag, i'll kill you.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 23,2004 10:23pm
yeah, but now I want to buy an ironic shirt..

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 24,2004 2:31am
DarkThrone called...they want their attitudes back

Harry Potter called also, they are going to take you to court for the name "Basiliskk"

toggletoggle post by Terence   at Feb 24,2004 2:39am
I like sideways hats! especially colored ones!

LOOK AT ALL YOUR DIFFERENT COLORED HATS!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 24,2004 8:52am
i'm glad there's a band that actually speaks out against this site and hates 99.9% of the faggots that support it.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 24,2004 10:13am
i'm glad people have the balls to put there names....

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 24,2004 1:59pm
i'm glad i know who anonymous is

hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 24,2004 11:38pm
damn, now i feel left out.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 27,2004 6:25pm
tell us who the anonymous poster was?
I hate about 40% of the people who post here, I guess that doesn't make me un-scene enough.
I am going to bar Aaron from coming to all my shows now.

toggletoggle post by Assuck   at Feb 27,2004 10:09pm
you gotta hate at least 84% to be unscene, but you're getting there. and i wanna know who anonymous is too.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][12:03:27pm Apr 20,2024
load time 0.02143 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]