New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> i guess there won't be a PINK FLOYD reunion by IllinoisEnemaBradness on Sep 16,2008 10:41pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by IllinoisEnemaBradness at Sep 16,2008 10:41pm
Richard Wright, dead

sucks

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080915/music_...c;_ylt=AiUNTdvWFMPO_kn44aCmuEqVEhkF

LONDON (Reuters) - Pink Floyd keyboard player and founding member Richard Wright died on Monday after a short battle with cancer, his spokesman said. He was 65.

ADVERTISEMENT

Wright, singer, songwriter and guitarist Syd Barrett, guitarist Roger Waters and drummer Nick Mason founded the band that became Pink Floyd in the 1960s when they were students. Pink Floyd went on to become one of the biggest names in rock.

"The family of Richard Wright, founder member of Pink Floyd, announce with great sadness, that Richard died today after a short struggle with cancer," his spokesman said in a statement.

"The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this difficult time."

Wright co-wrote five songs on "Dark Side of the Moon," which was released in 1973, spent 14 years on the Billboard 200 album chart and is one of the best selling albums ever.

Wright left Pink Floyd after falling out with Waters during sessions for "The Wall." He rejoined the band in 1987.

he was just as important as Gilmore or Waters or Barrett. Nick Mason ,the drummer, was the only replacable member of Floyd

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 16,2008 10:42pm
repost

toggletoggle post by toasty at Sep 16,2008 10:43pm
Thanks for yesterdays news.

toggletoggle post by chrisabomb at Sep 16,2008 10:46pm
ONE OF THE BEST BANDS I'VE SEEN LIVE & SHOWS I EVER SEEN WAS PINK FLOYD @ FOXBORO STADIUM IN 1995. 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW. THEY WERE AWESOME!!!

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Sep 17,2008 5:44am
I've been massively bummed out. Lame.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Unhallowed Magik filled Depression
[default homepage] [print][12:14:52pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01094 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]