New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Mass. pot smokers who vote!!! by Josh_Martin on Sep 9,2008 10:34am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:34am
If you didn't already know, a question whether to decriminalize weed or not will be on the ballot this Nov. If it passes, getting caught with an ounce or less of weed will be like getting a speeding ticket. You get a ticket for $100 and you're on your way, instead of the $500+ fine plus up to 6 months in jail, plus losing your license for a year that we get today.

It's worth getting off your ass and voting this year.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 9,2008 10:38am
i was reading this article about how all 11 DA's from MA put up 2000 dollars to fight this bill, called "Coalition to Save Our Streets". the article said that the 27,000 raised for this cause is dwarfed by the 675,000 that the Sensible Marijuana Policy has going for it. awesome. i know its really a stretch to think this will actually pass, but what an incredible move it would be.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 9,2008 10:38am
and definitely worth the triple post.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 10:40am
Josh_Martin said[orig][quote]
If you didn't already know, a question whether to decriminalize weed or not will be on the ballot this Nov.

All good conservatives should vote for this.

All good conservatives should also vote for zero (0) funding for drug treatment programs.

Let nature sort 'em out.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 10:41am
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i was reading this article about how all 11 DA's from MA put up 2000 dollars to fight this bill, called "Coalition to Save Our Streets". the article said that the 27,000 raised for this cause is dwarfed by the 675,000 that the Sensible Marijuana Policy has going for it. awesome. i know its really a stretch to think this will actually pass, but what an incredible move it would be.

It's happened in the past: Ann Arbor, Alaska, and de facto San Francisco.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:47am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

That same article said 72% are in favor of it. All the other times it failed was because lawmakers attached some other crap to it (rehab for drug dealers, shit like that) this time its just a straight decrim bill. It should fucking pass. If it doesn't, this state fucking sucks.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:47am edited Sep 9,2008 10:48am

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:47am edited Sep 9,2008 10:48am

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 10:48am
Weed has been illegal since 1937, correct?
All that anti-marihuana propaganda from the 30s and 40s... haha. So lop-sided and untrue.
The fact remains, whether or not you're an advocate for the reformation of marijuana laws or not, weed is much safer than alcohol. This comes from a person who loves drinking beer.
Being stoned doesn't compare to being drunk - two different things - but being drunk is much more dangerous than being high.
It's absolutely ludicrous that alcohol is legal, and pot is not.
More people are killed by alcohol-related deaths than marijuana-related ones.
I smoked pot all throughout college and my grades never dropped and I got better as a musician. Pisses me off so much that it's still heavily regarded as the "devil's plant" today.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:51am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

It's happened in the past: Ann Arbor, Alaska, and de facto San Francisco.

13 states have done it already. CA, VT, CO, OR, can't remember 'em all

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:51am edited Sep 9,2008 10:51am

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 9,2008 10:51am edited Sep 9,2008 10:51am

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 9,2008 10:51am
That same article said 72% are in favor of it. All the other times it failed was because lawmakers attached some other crap to it (rehab for drug dealers, shit like that) this time its just a straight decrim bill. It should fucking pass. If it doesn't, this state fucking sucks.

thats what i fear will happen at the last second, there will be something attached to it that will turn the tides. but with MA changing around other taboo things like tattooing and same-sex marriage, there is a much bigger chance. i really hope this happens.

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 9,2008 11:19am
I do not smoke weed, but i will be voting for this...

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 9,2008 11:27am
awesome news... got my vote fo sho

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 12:43pm
xanonymousx said[orig][quote]
I do not smoke weed, but i will be voting for this...

No shit.

Eliminating the drug war would force our society to view its actual crime problem.

You have to be careful though or they're going to saddle you with a huge bill for ineffective treatment programs.

The reason marijuana is illegal, in my view: it creates an alternate religious experience that replaces both Christianity and liberalism.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 12:44pm
the reason marijuana is illegal is because hemp was a huge threat to the cotton industry and it was something they could blame on brown people.

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 9,2008 12:46pm
...marijuana was illegal because it was a cheaper alternative to paper, and newspaper and energy tycoons didnt want to lose money on their wood investments.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 12:49pm
sacreligionnli said[orig][quote]
the reason marijuana is illegal is because hemp was a huge threat to the cotton industry and it was something they could blame on brown people.

I no longer believe such things. (Note: I am a dropout of the legalization movement, after spending 1991-2001 involved in it.)

Hemp was a huge threat to coming polyester rope, so it was said, but the ban was lifted during wartime so I don't think that's the case.

More likely is the threat it proves, psychologically. Alcohol just makes you silly, but there's no hallucination. God and religious experience is like a hallucination. That's the real threat.

Cultlike liberalism, which substitutes for God for the modern empty person, is also threatened by this. Hallucinogenic experiences create a sense of independence from the crowd and its issues. You see the world as perfect, and stop worrying about inequality... that's totally bad.

So both right-wing Christians and left-wing theorists hate dope for what it does. Its use was known in Europe as well as the USA, but here it became a greater threat, which hilariously made it a greater symbol of liberalism, although it is not seen as such worldwide.

Anyone who disagrees:

1. Get 1.5g Dutch mangolian indica or equivalent strain, grown by someone with the brains to do a good job outdoors.

2. Get yourself a 2-3ft glass bong with a fast-action carb.

3. Break the shit into dust, scatter some fine cigarette tobacco over it, and light it with a stick of wood. Take the whole thing in one blast.

4. Hold for 6 seconds.

This was how I started my days approx. 1991-2001 ;)

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 12:50pm
sever said[orig][quote]
...marijuana was illegal because it was a cheaper alternative to paper, and newspaper and energy tycoons didnt want to lose money on their wood investments.

Also disagreed. The process of making it into paper that could be used in normal settings is relatively recent...

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 12:53pm
Hemp is much more efficient than growing trees for paper. The fiber is stronger and more durable, and grows much quicker.
Hemp seeds and oil also do good things to your body as well. There's really NO argument on why this plant is illegal. It's a universal plant and has so much potential.
One of the main arguments has always been whether or not it's a "gateway drug." Such bullshit.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 12:53pm
i take my weed straight, sir, and i know how to use a bong ;)

if you look back into the 30s it was harry anslinger who pushed all the negative propaganda like "reefer madness" and other maddeningly unhelpful jargon. he ran the first anti-drug branch of the US government and picked marijuana as his main goal. many people believe it was because he was racist and a lot of mexicans were bringing it into the southwest and selling it(can't have the browns making their own money).

i'd believe the hallucination theory if we were talking about shrooms or acid, but i've never "hallucinated" per se from smokin weed

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 12:55pm
aril said[orig][quote]
Hemp is much more efficient than growing trees for paper.

I agree, but that's because it's the second-fastest growing land plant.

#1 is kudzu, I think.

However, being able to make paper out of it wasn't on the agenda until recently.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 12:56pm
i'd believe the hallucination theory if we were talking about shrooms or acid, but i've never "hallucinated" per se from smokin weed

Compared to alcohol? No auditory hallucinations?

You're not doing it right until you get visual hallucinations.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 12:58pm
actually you can make paper out of hemp the same way that ancient egyptians used papyrus(crossing layers of damp strips horizontally and vertically, then using stones to compress the damp fibers together). it's entirely possible that egyptians and nearby civilizations used hemp to make paper as it was readily available.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 12:58pm
Exactly.
Which is why it needs to be examined now, funded, and looked into.
We're all about alternative energies, fuels - fuck, alternative EVERYTHING.
There's such a green movement among office jobs now; I'm always receiving emails from people in other companies saying "think twice about printing this email - love the environment" or something like that.
If I could, I'd have this in my sig:
"Think twice about printing this email. It should be on hemp paper because cannabis is the best plant ever." Looks like that won't happen though.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 12:59pm

i think you've just been getting some bad shit, sir

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 9,2008 1:02pm
the word "hallucination" in this case isn't necessarily like a mushroom visiual, more akin to seeing something in a different light. in this case thinking independently.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 1:05pm
actually you can make paper out of hemp the same way that ancient egyptians used papyrus(crossing layers of damp strips horizontally and vertically, then using stones to compress the damp fibers together). it's entirely possible that egyptians and nearby civilizations used hemp to make paper as it was readily available.

Papyrus is much thicker than modern paper, which in 1937 had to run through typewriters.

Main use of hemp at the time was rope, for which it is still the best thing on earth. Afterwards, we've been using sisal and other plants that I think are related to the plant they use to make tequila.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 1:06pm

i think you've just been getting some bad shit, sir

I'm pretty certain I haven't, since I'm the source, and this has occurred in five states over almost two decades.

However, I do like to smoke a fair amount, and eat a fair amount when I consume it that way. Have you ever tried an ounce of KB in your pasta sauce?

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 1:08pm
pasta sauce eh? i come from the school of thought that you can only make fatty foods with mj because the thc is fat soluble

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 1:09pm
otherwise you either end up destroying the thc or have an uneven distribution

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 1:22pm edited Sep 9,2008 1:23pm
pasta sauce eh? i come from the school of thought that you can only make fatty foods with mj because the thc is fat soluble

Pasta sauce is a fatty food -- you roast the dope in the olive oil preparatory to adding onion, garlic, spices and later, tomato.

I recommend a 70-40 mix of olive oil (virgin) and butter.

You definitely need a fatty food, as in fat in the food, but it's not much different from brownies, where you stick it in the butter. I believe it will work simply heated (more efficient than non-heated) but you want to leave as little as possible to your digestive process, so you want the stuff cut up and the THC distributed into fat.

Alcohol is another useful vector.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 1:24pm
ahhh yes. apparently i was thinking too "inside the box" when it came to fats and oils and was only thinking of butter. or maybe i heard somewhere that butter works better than oil. either way, i'd totally rock that. i make some mean spag'n'balls.

i've also heard you can put like an 1/8 to a 1/4 of nugs into a handle of vodka, keep it in a dark place for 6-9 months and end up with a religious experience you'll never forget.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 1:25pm
weird....we said the same thing at almost the same time

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 1:32pm
I've had the nugs-in-vodka experience, but mainly by dipping cigarettes in it. Not a bad way to get balls high in public (but you must remove useless filters from cigarettes).

How do you make meatballs? My technique on that is ass... I'm good with the pasta sauce, although it ends up a bit Texas, since I toss in jalapenos with the onions.

It ain't food unless it burns going out.

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 9,2008 1:40pm
ground pork. it retains more juice than ground beef(although some people use a mixture of the two, using more pork than beef). add breadcrumbs and eggs(1 egg and 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs per pound of meat). you can also add parmesan cheese, pepper, onions, and assorted herbs to whatever your taste is. i usually keep the meatballs simple and let the sauce do the flavor work.

i prefer to slow cook them in sauce over the course of 6-8 hours but if you're short on time you can bake or pan-fry them to speed up the process before you put them in the sauce.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 3:06pm
Stupid question:
But I remember reading that Obama is for decriminalizing marijuana on a national scale. Can anyone confirm?

toggletoggle post by xanonymousx at Sep 9,2008 3:07pm
i heard he was going to lower the drinking age to 18?

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Sep 9,2008 3:08pm

i believe that's already been in consideration without him being a factor

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 3:09pm
haven't heard that but I know there's a number of college campuses that are pushing for that..

toggletoggle post by corpus nli at Sep 9,2008 3:14pm

bring on the draft? no pun intended...

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 3:35pm
ground pork. it retains more juice than ground beef(although some people use a mixture of the two, using more pork than beef). add breadcrumbs and eggs(1 egg and 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs per pound of meat). you can also add parmesan cheese, pepper, onions, and assorted herbs to whatever your taste is. i usually keep the meatballs simple and let the sauce do the flavor work.

i prefer to slow cook them in sauce over the course of 6-8 hours but if you're short on time you can bake or pan-fry them to speed up the process before you put them in the sauce.

This is a mightily helpful tip -- thank you.

Jalapeno meatballs, coming up...

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 3:36pm
aril said[orig][quote]
Stupid question:
But I remember reading that Obama is for decriminalizing marijuana on a national scale. Can anyone confirm?

When asked by The Times about decriminalizing marijuana, the Obama campaign reiterated the candidate's opposition to legalization. "Senator Obama does not believe in legalization of marijuana, but agrees with President Bush that long minimum sentences for first-time drug users may not be the best way to occupy jail space or heal people from their disease," Obama spokesman Tommy Vietor said.

The campaign went on to say that, as president, Mr. Obama "will review drug sentences to see where we can be smarter on crime and reduce the blind and counterproductive sentencing of non-violent offenders, and revisit instances where drug rehabilitation may be more appropriate." His campaign later stated that Mr. Obama "always" has supported decriminalizing marijuana.

http://www.reason.com/blog/show/124727.html

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 3:37pm
god damn jalapeno meatballs sound awesome right now.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 3:39pm
The local H.E.B. (Texas store) is stocking full-size, fresh jalapenos for $0.99/lb.

I made fajita chicken that burns your anus before you eat it -- if you even think of it, the circular muscle will start to twitch and smoke.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 3:40pm
that's one of the things I miss about TX.
Do they still have Randall's down there??

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 3:41pm
Yes, otherwise known as The White People store.

But Randall's now has alcohol. It's still a shock for me.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 9,2008 4:26pm
i vote every time i get the chance.

toggletoggle post by KadooganetWorth at Sep 9,2008 4:32pm
I've had the nugs-in-vodka experience, but mainly by dipping cigarettes in it. Not a bad way to get balls high in public (but you must remove useless filters from cigarettes).

do you have to let the cigs sit for months too? I would like to try this.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 4:33pm
conservationist, ever been to Chipala's? Hickory Hollow? I know that's a long shot, but those restaurants own in Cypress.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 9,2008 4:39pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
i vote every time i get the chance.

that goes doubly for pot smokin

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 9,2008 4:40pm
I will vote against these scum hippies that try to justify weed "is not dangerous". You guys are sick, and should not be allowed to vote! SICKENING!

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 4:43pm
how is it dangerous?

toggletoggle post by DrewBlood@Work at Sep 9,2008 5:00pm
so you guys need drugs to feel like you are independent, away from the crowd, and empowered?

...just sayin'

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Sep 9,2008 5:06pm edited Sep 9,2008 5:08pm
and the opposite side of the coin would be?

you feel these things because...you don't choose to indulge in societal norms?

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 9,2008 5:09pm
that question cannot be answered; everyone smokes pot for a different reason. you can be a responsible person and smoke pot when you feel like it. the general negative outlook is that most people view people who smoke it as "stoners" when that's just a small portion of the users.
The first time I smoked pot I tried it because I wanted to see what it was like. As I smoked more (wasn't until a few years after) I began to like it for a number of reasons:
a.) I love how it stimulates creativity for me.
b.) I love how it relaxes and relieves stress at times
c.) music sounds much better to me while stoned
d.) food tastes better, and did I mention it relaxes you?

Of course, there's negative things about it, as with all substances. Cotton mouth, increased heart rate, and paranoia(to some) to name a few.
For me at least, I enjoyed it and never allowed it to take over my life. As I stated above, marijuana is not dangerous at all if taken by responsible users. Not to knock beer and alcohol, but it is obvious that alcohol is a much more dangerous substance.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 9,2008 5:50pm
DrewBlood@Work said[orig][quote]
so you guys need drugs to feel like you are independent, away from the crowd, and empowered?

...just sayin'

wait, um... no. I smoke weed because i enjoy the feeling. The same way you may enjoy a rollercoaster. Its that simple.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 9,2008 6:26pm

Main use of hemp at the time was rope, for which it is still the best thing on earth.

Pfft - 50 ft. of hemp rope clocks in at 20lbs for 1gp, and 50 ft. of silk rope at 8 lbs. for a measly 20gp. You can carry like a zillion caltrops with the weight you save. Consider silk; your encumbrance factor will thank me later.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 6:34pm
KadooganetWorth said[orig][quote]

do you have to let the cigs sit for months too? I would like to try this.

No, you don't.

We let the vodka/dope mix sit for about two weeks... I don't know what the efficiency curve of TCH absorption by alcohol is, but it worked at that time.

Crush the dope, make it fine, dump in vodka.

When ready to use, you dip the cigs -- they don't need to sit any longer than necessary to dry (about 10 min around here).

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 6:34pm
aril said[orig][quote]
conservationist, ever been to Chipala's? Hickory Hollow? I know that's a long shot, but those restaurants own in Cypress.

I haven't, but I should. I make it through Cypress a couple times a month and am always in search of good food.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 6:35pm
DrewBlood@Work said[orig][quote]

A hipster would do that.

The rest of us do it for one reason:

IT'S FUN!

Justifications eat the mulatto ass of Jesus Christ... no need for 'em.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Sep 9,2008 7:06pm
im voting for this... stupid that people should be arrested for trivial amounts of weed

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 9,2008 7:18pm
yeah drugs are fucking fun as fuck and pot is so fucking harmless.
I need to get an ballot to be mailed in while I'm gone...anyone want to expose some friendly civil support on how to do so?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 9,2008 7:20pm edited Sep 9,2008 7:20pm
shit i already smoked my ballot

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 9,2008 7:23pm
I was expelled from high school for less than a gram, which pretty much destroyed any hopes of college-but I don't care, I've done it my way.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 7:43pm
BSV said[orig][quote]
I was expelled from high school for less than a gram, which pretty much destroyed any hopes of college-but I don't care, I've done it my way.

No, it didn't, if you play your cards right.

Get your GED, show work experience, mention incident and say you've learned from it.

Also, be black. It helps(tm).

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 9,2008 7:59pm
I have my diploma and an associates. I had to do community college which something I would have done anyways. Basically it completely fucks with you and your guidance department, since they all take care of shopping you around into good schools and whatnot.

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Sep 9,2008 8:16pm

toggletoggle post by DEATH FIEND sli sli sli at Sep 9,2008 8:26pm
BSV said[orig][quote]

No, it didn't, if you play your cards right.

Get your GED, show work experience, mention incident and say you've learned from it.

Also, be black. It helps(tm).

not sure if josh got any criminal charges from that incident, but if you get convicted of any drug related offense they'll take your financial aid away.

and for most of us, thats pretty much a deal breaker

especially if your black

another one of the many ways drug laws can be used to keep poor people poor

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 10,2008 8:12am
Actually, part of the new decrim bill is that getting caught with weed will no longer disqualify you from financial aid.
Although this is only a Mass. thing. Federally, you're still fucked.

I did not know Obama favored decriminalization. That is awesome. Never thought I'd be voting for a nignog.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 10,2008 8:12am edited Sep 10,2008 8:13am

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 10,2008 8:12am edited Sep 10,2008 8:12am

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 10,2008 9:31am
Actually, part of the new decrim bill is that getting caught with weed will no longer disqualify you from financial aid.
Although this is only a Mass. thing. Federally, you're still fucked.

Interesting. As far as I know, UT has no such issue, nor do the California schools.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 10,2008 12:26pm
Ever since I toured Canada, I could give 2 shits about getting drunk. Lost another 3 lbs this week from not binging on beer!

toggletoggle post by Niccolai is wicked pissed at Sep 10,2008 12:29pm
I hope they decriminalize weed.

Not because I think it should be legal, but because I'm sick of listening to psuedo-hippies bitch about how it should be legalized every time the word 'vote' is used within 10 miles of them.

Please America, shut these retards up and just let them get their way.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai is wicked pissed at Sep 10,2008 12:33pm

I did not know Obama favored decriminalization. That is awesome. Never thought I'd be voting for a nignog.

You're voting for him exclusively for his stance on the decriminalization of pot?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 10,2008 12:47pm
Niccolai%20is%20wicked%20pissed said[orig][quote]
You're voting for him exclusively for his stance on the decriminalization of pot?

Single issue voters cause a problem.

Whether that issue is abortion, pot legalization, etc.

The 2 big parties profit from having you be confused over non-issues.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 10,2008 11:05pm
actually its the equivelant of a parking ticket not a speeding ticket.. It dont go on your insurance and noone knows about it..

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 11,2008 12:14am
Will health insurance know about it?

toggletoggle post by osama obama at Sep 11,2008 6:07am
Niccolai%20is%20wicked%20pissed said[orig][quote]
I hope they decriminalize weed.

Not because I think it should be legal, but because I'm sick of listening to psuedo-hippies bitch about how it should be legalized every time the word 'vote' is used within 10 miles of them.

Please America, shut these retards up and just let them get their way.

you're more of an idiot than i thought. whats a psudeo-hippy?
is that like you, the psudeo-intellectual?

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 11,2008 9:21am
Will Obama legalize rape?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 11,2008 10:35am
will he legalize crepes?

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 11,2008 11:25am
it's always funny how anyone who smokes weed is either a hippy or a "psuedo-hippy"

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 11,2008 11:31am
aril said[orig][quote]
it's always funny how anyone who smokes weed is either a hippy or a "psuedo-hippy"

It seems common, though Hunter S. Thompson and P.J. O'Rourke might be exceptions.

I think it's just the counter-culture associations here in the USA.

I've met many European nationalists and other sane people who smoke dope, but it's less of "I want to be like Snoop Dogg" and more like a fine wine with hallucinations, for them.

Let's just be honest... the counter-culture turns everything it touches into hipster shit, and makes normal people into hipster zombies, ruins their lives, and leaves them stranded in their 40s with nothing to show for themselves.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 11,2008 11:35am
True.
I also think it's quite the opposite in some cases - one can still be an intellectual while smoking. Regardless, I think it opens up some doors in your mind that would otherwise remain shut.

toggletoggle post by DYA / NLI at Sep 11,2008 3:50pm
I love how weed threads are always like the longest threads.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 11,2008 4:11pm
I love how Dwarf Fortress threads are always the shortest threads.
pwned.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 11,2008 4:21pm
aril said[orig][quote]

I smoke pretty regularly and I hate hippies.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 11,2008 4:25pm
Pot opens doors in my mind MMMAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!

derrr!!!
derrrrr!!!

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 11,2008 4:35pm
ha, to each his own, man.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 11,2008 5:15pm
I'm just fuckin' with ya. I used to smoke up all the time until I had kids and such. My post that is near the top was just a joke. I do not care if it becomes legal. Booze is without a doubt destroyed more lives and families than weed has. If weed has ruined families in anyway it is due to the smoker getting busted with the shit. SNUFF SAID!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][2:44:32pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.06824 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]