New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Brady done for season ? by monster_island on Sep 7,2008 3:38pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 7,2008 3:38pm
word out the locker room is Brady is done for season ... friend of a friend is one of Brady's trainers ... we'll have to wait for the official

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 7,2008 3:42pm
More specifics please.. an ACL tear?

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 7,2008 3:46pm
ugh

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 7,2008 3:53pm

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 7,2008 3:56pm
He is like Bill Braskey, he will eat his own knee with hot sauce and play next week.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 7,2008 4:31pm
he'll start next week. here comes the shit storm anyways.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 7,2008 4:36pm
I heard he had a torn ACL, but that came from Brett Favre mouth about 2 minutes ago at the Jets press conference.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 7,2008 4:43pm
he'd better not.

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 7,2008 6:38pm
Perhaps the Jets have a mole or something..

toggletoggle post by rbass at Sep 7,2008 6:45pm
ah fuck i want a definitive answer

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 7,2008 6:58pm
that injury helped me in fantasy football, but not as a pats fan.

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 7,2008 7:40pm

toggletoggle post by tylor at Sep 7,2008 8:40pm
if he really is done for the year, i say 10-6 with a first round loss in the playoffs

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 7,2008 8:55pm
bring troy brown back as a QB

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Sep 7,2008 9:04pm
maybe he should have taken some snaps in preseason.........if he thinks he is above that, he's thinking twice now.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 8,2008 1:19am
BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

BRADY NEEDS SURGERY

CONTINGENCY PLAN

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 8,2008 1:23am
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
bring troy brown back as a QB

idea of the season

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 8,2008 8:38am
monster_island said[orig][quote]
word out the locker room is Brady is done for season ... friend of a friend is one of Brady's trainers ... we'll have to wait for the official

Wait, Brady has his own trainers? Or were they Patriots trainers?

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 9:05am
brady's down.

bledsoe needs to come back. somebody thought I was joking about it in another thread.

WE WANT BLEDSOE
WE WANT BLEDSOE
WE WANT BLEDSOE

the bledsoe bullet will strike fear enemy teams

toggletoggle post by jesusnl at Sep 8,2008 9:31am

toggletoggle post by jesusnl at Sep 8,2008 9:36am
culpepper to moss?
anyone?

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 8,2008 9:46am
Culpepper sucks ass. I am sick of all the talk about Brady already. We all know he is out for the season, drop it already. Chris Sims and Rattay are coming in to try out. Sims is in Foxboro now. he sucks too.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 9:56am
You serious? SIMS?
Flutie?
Haha, good luck pats.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 8,2008 9:57am
not caring about this sport rules

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Sep 8,2008 9:58am
brian_dc said[orig][quote]
not caring about this sport rules

I second this.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 10:27am
whatever floats your boat.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 8,2008 10:32am
DICKS

dicks float my boat

boat made of dicks

dickboat

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 8,2008 10:37am
Nothing beats a dickboat! Err, Wait...

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 11:28am
Culpepper
Sims
Bledsoe

Probably in that order. Culpepper is a talented QB who could probably perform well in the Pats system. Miami rushed him back from a knee injury and then dropped him after he (expectedly) destroyed himself. Miami's O-line was also the worst possible line for a guy rushing back from knee surgery to play behind too. The worst next to... the Raiders who couldn't even offer him a decent receiver. People need to get realistic and give the guy a chance. It'd be beautiful too because it would end Culpepper's blacklist from the league and do something Belichick loves to do: piss everybody else off.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 11:30am
why not give cassel a chance?

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 11:52am
The%20Revealer said[orig][quote]

Wait, Brady has his own trainers? Or were they Patriots trainers?

yes and yes

toggletoggle post by READ at Sep 8,2008 12:00pm
I guess we will know at 3 today at the press conference what the deal is.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 8,2008 12:06pm
NFL.com says he's done

do they usually jump the gun?

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 12:09pm
haha espn is now saying the chargers are the team to beat in the AFC and the patriots don't hold a candle in the afc east.

toggletoggle post by anon at Sep 8,2008 12:31pm
aril said[orig][quote]
haha espn is now saying the chargers are the team to beat in the AFC and the patriots don't hold a candle in the afc east.

ESPN obviously didn't watch the Chargers lose to the Panthers.

Chargers suck.

toggletoggle post by SkinSandwich at Sep 8,2008 1:07pm
aril said[orig][quote]
why not give cassel a chance?

Because I never give peace a chance, how should he be any different.

toggletoggle post by READ at Sep 8,2008 1:07pm
The word on the street is he's done for the season but it's just a rumor.

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 2:12pm
at least NE will get a nice high draft pick next year ... give thanks they played the worst team in the NFL to start

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 8,2008 2:35pm
Cassel will be fine. running game is gonna have to step it up this year though to balance shit out

toggletoggle post by sacreligionnli at Sep 8,2008 2:41pm
remember when bledsoe got injured and everyone said "fuck! who the fuck is this brady guy i bet he sucks!"

then we won the super bowl

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 2:47pm
1. Fuck ya, give Cassel a chance. I hated that guy's guts for years. I nearly punched a hole in my living room wall when Belichick played him over Flutie in garbage time minutes in the 06 season. You would have thought I hated the Patriots by the shit that was coming out of my mouth when the Pats lined up for a 3rd and 12 on their own goal line. But when he aired it out to Moss and lead that drive down the field it was a big STFU to all the doubters. He's not Montana, but he's not the complete inept asshole we all thought he was. He's got a solid arm, decent accuracy, and if he can keep his head from creeping into his ass he can maybe keep us competitive. I say in the very least that TD pass to Moss earned him a second chance.

2. ESPN has been incredibly careful not to jump the gun with the Brady issue unlike Yahoo who broke the story based entirely on hearsay. All signs do point to the worst, but I think it's interesting that the most notoriously sensationalist sports news outfit has managed to be professional about this, while others haven't.

3. Chargers the team to beat? They'll start slow out of the Gate like last year. Then things will pick up, like last year. Then unlike last year Shawne Merriman will be in a wheelchair by week 8, Antonio Gates will be on and off the field with injuries, Norv Turner will have no answer for anything and their season will fall apart.

4. I know nothing should shock me at this point when it comes to how far ESPN has it's dick up Brett Favre's ass, but seriously HOW FAR DOES ESPN HAVE IT'S DICK UP BRETT FAVRE'S ASS? Favre is the quarterback to beat? The Jets are the new #1 team in the AFC east?

First of all, you don't crown anybody the champ until you beat the champs. Injuries aside the Pats are the reigning kings of AFC east and nobody takes that title until they earn it.

Second, did anybody at ESPN happen to catch that Buffalo/Seattle game? Buffalo had no business beating Seattle but they embarrassed them. They did a much better job making acquisitions in the offseason than the Jets, and they did it without setting their quarterback development back 10 years. I'll say the exact same thing about Miami.

Third, what was Favre 13 for 22 or something? Yeah his passer rating is up because of those 2 touchdowns but one of them, as Joey Porter pointed out, was pure luck. His numbers were pedestrian. Face it. The last time Favre failed to crack 200 yards on opening day was 06. The Packers went 8-8 that season.

Fourth, look at their leadership. Mangini mismanaged the clock, and put them in a position to almost lose a game to one of the worst teams in the league. Not to mention one of their most high profile veterans has been a complete asshole about every new acquisition they've made.

And I don't buy Jacksonville either as a threat to the AFC title. 10 points against the Titans, and one of their starting offensive linemen fighting for his life? Give me a break.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 2:50pm
FuckIsMySignature said[orig][quote]
running game is gonna have to step it up this year though to balance shit out

maroney
morris
jordan
faulk
evans

I'm not worried about the running game a bit. If the O Line can stop asking "I can has a oxycontin?" long enough to block we'll be fine.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 2:52pm
sacreligionnli said[orig][quote]
remember when bledsoe got injured and everyone said "fuck! who the fuck is this brady guy i bet he sucks!"

then we won the super bowl

Did you know that the decision on who to draft between Tom Brady and Tim Rattay came down to Brady being 4 inches taller than Rattay? 4 inches from the Patriots dynasty never happening.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 3:05pm
Trying to stream the press conference from patriots.com

fail.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 3:09pm
great.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 3:35pm
yes: brady is done for the season.

AAWWEESSOOOMMME.

rumor has it, he's done for his career, too. hell, I'm starting that rumor right now. he won't be the same again.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 8,2008 3:41pm
Yahoo sports just reported than an unnamed RTTP source says Tom Brady's children won't even be able to play football.

toggletoggle post by READ at Sep 8,2008 4:20pm
Tom brady fucked your mom

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 4:24pm
ESPN:
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady will miss the entire NFL season with a left knee injury that will require surgery, leaving the New England Patriots without one of the game's great quarterbacks, their Super Bowl hopes severely damaged.

The 2007 NFL Most Valuable Player will be placed on injured reserve, the Patriots said Monday, one day after his knee was injured in the first quarter of a 17-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs.

A statement issued before coach Bill Belichick's news conference said Brady will have surgery, ending his 128-game starting streak, the third longest for a quarterback.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 8,2008 4:25pm
Did you see Jizz-elle run out on the field when he got hurt?

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 4:27pm
aril said[orig][quote]
Did you see Jizz-elle run out on the field when he got hurt?

i'd give her the start over cassell because she's been getting Brady injections

toggletoggle post by hyper_sludge at Sep 8,2008 4:28pm
Patriots should contact Culpepper to play QB. Him and Moss set all kinds of records in Minnesota, even though he just retired...because he couldn't be a starter. HMMMM

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Sep 8,2008 6:27pm
cassel knows the schemes. it would take culpepper half the season to figure shit out. cassel is the man for the job, 10-6, fuck all that other noise.

toggletoggle post by Pires at Sep 8,2008 7:42pm
i was that game where cassel came in over flutie i was pissed. although i'm a dolphins fan, i still wanted my dosage of flutie flakes. i did see the drop kick in person and remember thinking wtf just happened. pats wont be the same this year, but they're still the team to beat in the east.

toggletoggle post by monster_island  at Sep 8,2008 10:33pm
we'll see how much of a chance NE has of even making .500 this weekend when they visit the jets ... go from playing possibly the worst team in the league to a division rival that looks pretty good on paper

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Sep 8,2008 10:48pm
The Patriots fucking sucked ever since they signed Dice K and dropped Noooomaaah.

toggletoggle post by The Revealer at Sep 8,2008 11:53pm
The Patriots should go out and register the trademark 8-8.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 12:11am
a division rival that looks pretty good on ESPN's collective cum soaked kleenex

FIXED.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 9,2008 12:12am
Cassel is the starter no matter what. No matter who they bring in they'll only be an insurance plan for Cassel. I like the Culpepper insurance plan better than the Simms plan though.

BUT I LIKE BLEDSOE BETTER.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Twisted Black Eclipse
[default homepage] [print][10:41:30am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.04081 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]