New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> carcass wrap up thread by the_reverend on Sep 5,2008 5:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Sep 5, 2008 the Palladium (Worcester, MA)
1349 - 2008-09-05
1349(102)
flash animated slider show
beneath_the_massacre - 2008-09-05
Beneath The Massacre(64)
carcass - 2008-09-05
Carcass(339)
dying_fetus - 2008-09-05
Dying Fetus(74)
necrophagist - 2008-09-05
Necrophagist(101)
randomshots - 2008-09-05
Randomshots(5)
rotten_sound - 2008-09-05
Rotten Sound(89)
suffocation - 2008-09-05
Suffocation(151)
veil_of_maya - 2008-09-05
Veil Of Maya(51)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 5:20pm
Veil of maya: 5:30-5:55
Beneath the massacre: 6:10- 6:35
Rotten sound 6:50
Aborted 7:30
1349 8:15
Dying fetus 9
Necrophagist9:45
Suffocation 10:30
Carcass: 11:25

toggletoggle post by RobinG at Sep 5,2008 5:22pm
WOW not going I'm dj'n at O'briens tonight for pussy.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 5,2008 5:22pm
man, that was a great show. that about wraps things up.

toggletoggle post by jonahpartyard2k8 at Sep 5,2008 5:23pm
would love to see a few of these bands. too bad im broke from playing metal all the time to go SEE metal.

toggletoggle post by markfuckingrichards  at Sep 5,2008 5:28pm
I just dropped $60 on a Carcass hoodie. Fuck Palladium pricing. Oh well, it's worth it.

toggletoggle post by kevord  at Sep 5,2008 5:33pm
Is there alot of people there? I haven't bought a ticket yet and I'm not heading over soon if it wont be a sell out.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 5:38pm
no way! that means if i show up at 9 i can catch DF Suffocation and CARCASS!!! guess i have to go now. seems strange that they would go on so late though

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 5:43pm
I had heard from a nyc radio station that 1349 was opening. I really need a set of 4xAA batteries.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 5,2008 5:50pm
ocean state joblot sells many batteries for like 2 bucks
rev, you need to shop smart. shop ocean state.
ocean state job lot. you can't beat our prices.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Sep 5,2008 6:00pm
the_reverend said[orig][quote]
I had heard from a nyc radio station that 1349 was opening. I really need a set of 4xAA batteries.

I hope not! I'm not heading out until 7pm from Woburn. Must see 1349!

toggletoggle post by timma at Sep 5,2008 6:01pm
so I'm guessing you never got your batteries last night...had I known you'd get forgotten I woulda grabbed on of the 20 packages I have at home (BJs is amazing for useless, bulk purchases)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 6:07pm
I still have the ones from last night, but that was all. one of the bouncers gave me a second set.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 5,2008 6:13pm
I am hereby breaking tradition and wearing a bright orange shirt.

toggletoggle post by timma at Sep 5,2008 6:14pm
good man.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Sep 5,2008 6:27pm
dang, going to my friends bachelor party before this in Boston...strippers don't arrive until 10:30 meaning no strippers for me since I'd have to leave at 10. boooooooooooooo!

Naked Chicks >< Carcass

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 6:29pm
with my old camera and a show like this, I would blaze through 12 batteries easily. I rolled with 5x4 batteries most of the time. my new camera can do 1000 shots on one set of rechargables. still, only having one set of batteries or even 2 is the way to leave yourself high and dry. I hope these 2sets work well.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 6:34pm
i'll see if i can bring some too

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 6:36pm
I at least need to make these last until tom comes.

veil of maya: sort of odd balls on this, but they were decent enough. Anyone that can have long hairs headbanging can't be all that bad. They are on tour with the prolific josh BSV and the neuraxises later this fall.

beneath the massacre: heavy as fudge.. Fudge, but fudge that is enforced with heaviness. They have some new CD, but I still knew at least 1/2 of the songs they played.

toggletoggle post by timma at Sep 5,2008 6:37pm
12 batteries!? Christ...that's an expensive outing.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 6:40pm
aborrted is late and swapping with 1349

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 6:44pm
I am at the palladium right now, I see you aaron, look for the tallest kid you can see, not including the faggot 10 people over from me with the liberty spikes, beneath the massacre was fucking amazing, I missed veils of maya thank god

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 6:45pm
ill look over when I get in.

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 6:50pm
Is this rotten sound? They're taking way too fucking long to set up

toggletoggle post by demondave not at home at Sep 5,2008 6:55pm

Unfortunately I'm not going to this show. Luckily I've seen Carcass before. I'm sure it's going to be great.

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 7:01pm
Rotten sound is on and they're terrible, definately not what I'm here for, the drummer is nasty as hell though

toggletoggle post by Nobody_Cares at Sep 5,2008 7:16pm
How many people are there? Any danger of this selling out? I won't be there till after 9. Will miss 1349 booooo.

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 7:23pm
I don't think its gonna sell out, good sized crowd but not packed

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 5,2008 7:23pm
I can imagine Rotten Sound being terrible live but I fucking love them on CD.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 7:29pm
rotten sound: this is the first band that my excitement level jumped up for. When I saw the guitarist getting on stage. Er.. Well, it sure felt like a dream. Even if I knew it wasn't. It's not that often that rotten sound hits the US shores. Remember when they always played covered in blood? Good times. Ignoring all that low end, their set was savage. Mostly short songs. This venue is actually adding to their sound. They have some super unintelligible recordings out their. This sound pretty much exactly like the gind/ death stuff they used to do. The drums are just punishing. They even sent out a song to trap them. The crowd hasn't been making the bouncers work at all. One crowd surfer during RS. The singer went on the barricade for the last song.

I just saw jonnc

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 7:30pm
this will not sell out, but will do very well.
1349 setting up now.

toggletoggle post by rotivore at Sep 5,2008 7:31pm
how much are beers?

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 7:37pm
Yo can anyone else see the white fro in front of me that looks like a cheese puff? Fucking hiilarious

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 7:41pm
rotivore said[orig][quote]
how much are beers?

too much

toggletoggle post by Bloodsoaked at Sep 5,2008 8:02pm
How much is this show up there? Here in Raleigh, NC it is $30...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:03pm
aborted dropped.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:03pm
and everyone is here.

toggletoggle post by Bloodsoaked at Sep 5,2008 8:03pm
Also, in Raleigh, NC there is only 5 bands playing:

Rotten sound
Aborted
Suffocation
Carcass

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:20pm
1349: their drum check made me feel like I couldn't breath. I though that the singer was the singer of marduk. Guess he's a little taller. They took forever to set up but that climatic intro friggin ruled. I was actually a touch pissy cause they took so long to set up, but that sample totally pulled me back in. The vocals were missing where I was, but on the floor it was a beautiful thing. Sweet guitars and everything. They had a long outro that tricked everyone into thinking they would play another song, but it didn't happen. Sucks.

toggletoggle post by timma at Sep 5,2008 8:41pm
Being at work while this show is going on is so fucking awesome I can't even put it into words.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:41pm
ahahahahahahahhaah

toggletoggle post by timma at Sep 5,2008 8:46pm
Thanks, Aaron. Your condescending laughter warms my heart.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:55pm
aborted: they didn't showed up in the nick of time to push 1349 down 45 minutes

dying fetus: they killed it. That drummer is pretty awesome. The sound was so much better than all the other bands thus far. They also didn't play anything off war of attrition. Sort of just a "best of" the middle CDs. Good and tight like they have been lately. It definitely took them almost the same amount of time to set up as it did to play.

toggletoggle post by Sxealex cell at Sep 5,2008 9:56pm
I wish i coulda been here earlier

toggletoggle post by ddrummer_nli at Sep 5,2008 10:08pm
Aaron your wrong about df, they played hoomicidal ret.

toggletoggle post by Sxealex cell at Sep 5,2008 10:20pm
Ooo snap

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 10:25pm
oh no you dittnin.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 10:29pm
necrophagist: wow, the drums again crushed and weren't painful. Is that the same drummer? It didn't look like he was playing jazz and he could blast like crazy.Hilarious that all the crowd surffers patted me on the back and thhen the security would throw them out of the pit. I think on of them was nash. They had the most amount of crowd activity yet tonight. Awesome watching those fingers on that pearlshell NECROPHAGIST frett board. I hope you could see that from far away. they announced that they were going to be playing on the summer slaughter 2009 tour.

when I tried to get back to see suffo, I got stuck in a very uncomfortable with the older ammott, the singer, tour manager, and one guy I didn't know. it was awkward, but I finally broke free.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Sep 5,2008 10:48pm
necrophagist: wow, the drums again crushed and weren't painful. Is that the same drummer? .

That is Romain Goulon, he played in Disavowed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 11:08pm
tom fagged out. what a fag. that fag.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 11:26pm
oh fuck... it's really fucing happening

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 11:52pm
incarbate solvent abuse right now... can't wait for embodiment in 5 songs.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 6,2008 12:11am
Dying Fetus made me a fan tonight. They crushed.

It's odd seeing Necrophagist in between DF and Suffocation, quite the different style of music but it was full on technical bliss. As someone said, that's their new permanent drummer, Marco M is doing some other project with the lead necro guy.

Suffocation certainly brought some slams. I'm really jealous of their bassist's hair.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 6,2008 12:12am
I was about to say hi to you rev but I got sucked away in the river of sweaty metalheads. So hello.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 6,2008 12:27am
I stomped so hard and with an injuried knee. I want a metal

$30 shirts
$60 hoodies

i guess it was in the contract for all bands. BULLSHIT. I'd that give the band ten dollars and not get anything the spend 30 on a shirt.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Sep 6,2008 1:18am
kind of a meh show IMO..wish i saved the 35 bucks and stayed home. dying fetus was the only band i really enjoyed..suffocation was heavy as fuck but i dont know many of their songs so it was just ok.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Sep 6,2008 1:19am
1349: their drum check made me feel like I couldn't breath. I though that the singer was the singer of marduk. Guess he's a little taller. They took forever to set up but that climatic intro friggin ruled. I was actually a touch pissy cause they took so long to set up, but that sample totally pulled me back in. The vocals were missing where I was, but on the floor it was a beautiful thing. Sweet guitars and everything. They had a long outro that tricked everyone into thinking they would play another song, but it didn't happen. Sucks.

their sound was god awful..it was just drums...and a little bit of vocals

toggletoggle post by RyanPlegics  at Sep 6,2008 2:18am
Biggest waste of money ever. Fuck you Carcass for charging $40 for 4 good songs.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Sep 6,2008 2:23am
I got there just in time to see 1349 - pretty decent I guess; thought it was a little funny to see a black metal guitarist playing a Dimebag Darrel guitar but they put on a good show.

I don't care much for Dying Fetus, their music is average at best and they don't put on much of a show live.

Necrophagist were okay, not really into them much, but they were fun to watch.

Suffocation were awesome as always, not much more to say about them.

I'm a little torn on Carcass's set - they were awesome and put on a killer show but I would have been happier if they omitted all post Necroticism songs....I know that's kind of a stupid thing to wish for since there are a lot of fans who like that stuff too and they want to please everyone but I was a lot more pumped about hearing them play the earlier grind stuff.

I almost lost my wallet in the pit during their first song, I fell twice in less than a minute and when I was pulled to my feet, someone handed me my wallet, which I was surprised and more than thankful to have given to me - can't imagine getting home and finding it gone!

Someone mentioned something about the Carcass hoodies being 60 bucks - I was pissed about that, I wanted one for the fall/winter! What a rip off! At least I got a t-shirt, even though 30 bucks for a shirt is pushing it as well!

Great show overall, I had fun!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 2:33am
the necroticism songs were the best part of their set.

almost home to work on pictures. went to 3 tacobells and they each closed while I was waiting in the drive thru

toggletoggle post by magh8 at Sep 6,2008 2:49am
just fkn sick...glad I made it to this one....

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 6,2008 2:51am
I was all over the place. Lots of people I hadn't seen in like years.

I think I'm done with Palladium shows for a while though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 2:52am
thuringwethil said[orig][quote]

you always say that.

toggletoggle post by Infidelis on faptop at Sep 6,2008 3:14am
i got to take a picture with the majestic john dwyer.

toggletoggle post by Phillip  at Sep 6,2008 4:01am
this show was fucking awesome
i thought pretty much every band sounded good except for Necrophagist, maybe it was where I was standing

prices were fucking ridiculous
but I think I confused the singer of Rotten Sound, he gave me a shirt for $20 haha
really wanted a Carcass hoodie, but fuck paying 60 for it

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 4:13am
archaeon said[orig][quote]
I want a metal

How about a MEDAL instead?

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 4:14am
narkybark said[orig][quote]
Marco M is doing some other project with the lead necro guy.

Is that ILLOGICIST maybe? They are playing The Middle East on Tuesday with IMPALED and PHOBIA.

toggletoggle post by Stevey Capri at Sep 6,2008 4:32am
Ryan_M said[orig][quote]
I got there just in time to see 1349 - pretty decent I guess; thought it was a little funny to see a black metal guitarist playing a Dimebag Darrel guitar but they put on a good show.

I don't care much for Dying Fetus, their music is average at best and they don't put on much of a show live.

Necrophagist were okay, not really into them much, but they were fun to watch.

Suffocation were awesome as always, not much more to say about them.

I'm a little torn on Carcass's set - they were awesome and put on a killer show but I would have been happier if they omitted all post Necroticism songs....I know that's kind of a stupid thing to wish for since there are a lot of fans who like that stuff too and they want to please everyone but I was a lot more pumped about hearing them play the earlier grind stuff.

I almost lost my wallet in the pit during their first song, I fell twice in less than a minute and when I was pulled to my feet, someone handed me my wallet, which I was surprised and more than thankful to have given to me - can't imagine getting home and finding it gone!

Someone mentioned something about the Carcass hoodies being 60 bucks - I was pissed about that, I wanted one for the fall/winter! What a rip off! At least I got a t-shirt, even though 30 bucks for a shirt is pushing it as well!

Great show overall, I had fun!

Carcass wouldn't let Rotten Sound sell shirts for $10, so instead they had to sell their shirts for $30 and give out a free CD.

Regardless, I was truly impressed. By far the greatest band I have seen live.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 4:38am edited Sep 6,2008 7:43am

Some of my pics:

toggletoggle post by todayistheday nli at Sep 6,2008 4:40am
that sucks if that was the best performance you have ever seen..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 7:38am
zing.

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Sep 6,2008 8:30am
i would just like to say what has been said over and over again...the palladiums' sound / acoustics is just unacceptable...

necrophagist- was like watching open heart surgery on the discovery channel. so fucking good but a little to austere on the actual live performance tip. And yes Romain lettuce is incredible.

suffocation-easily the best band of the night imo. true pros. i could go on and on and on and on. NYDM FTW!

great to see everyone last night.

special shout to the GOAT!

toggletoggle post by Cap'n America at Sep 6,2008 8:52am

I can't stand that dudes face on the left hanging with that ugly chick with dreadlocks.

To the jaws of the furnace with ye!

toggletoggle post by Cap‘n America at Sep 6,2008 8:58am

Aww how nice, his mom ironed on his patches for the show. Good to see the older crowd coming out of their parents basement for some wholesome family entertainment.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 9:07am
Cpt. Nick.

toggletoggle post by sever at Sep 6,2008 9:49am
I'M SO PISSED I MISSED THIS.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Sep 6,2008 9:56am
I am quite hungover. I slept in a car.

Excellent show, best of the year by far. My only complaint is Carcass playing too much new stuff, and not playing an encore..but whatever it was awesome.

Anyone who I met last night, It was awesome seeing you. I've decided to hit NY tonight.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 10:10am

toggletoggle post by s.axl.beckett at Sep 6,2008 10:11am
That set list seems longer than what they actually played.

toggletoggle post by quintessence  at Sep 6,2008 10:16am
I'm not sure where I was going with that face.

toggletoggle post by sxealex balblablflbaldbfd at Sep 6,2008 10:34am
arg sore neck

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Sep 6,2008 10:42am edited Sep 6,2008 10:55am

i can has a withering HELLYEAH?!

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Sep 6,2008 10:56am
Being in the Palladium from 5:00 PM to 1:00 AM made this show soooo painful and tiring.

-Veil Of Maya are boring as hell.
-Beneath The Massacre sounded really good, which ruled.
-Rotten Sound was one of the bands I was really looking forward to seeing and they did not disappoint.
-Aborted dropping sucked; I really wanted to hear some Goremaggedon/Engineering stuff live again.
-1349 aren't my thing but they're good at what they do, I suppose.
-I enjoyed Dying Fetus a lot more at NEDF, but they were awesome regardless. At that point I was really just getting antsy to see Carcass.
-I didn't really watch Necrophagist; I like them but my interest in them has been diminishing. Seeing them headline Summer Slaughter last year was enough for me I guess.
-Suffocation easily had the best set of the night. I don't understand how one band can be so fucking heavy. The new song they played was fucking sick.
-By the time Carcass went on I was sick of standing, my ears were ringing and my eyes were getting heavy, so I don't feel I enjoyed them as much as I should have. I expected a lot of newer material, as everyone should have, but I was still pleased with the selection overall. I really wish this show was only 4 or 5 bands so I could have maintained some energy and excitement for Carcass, but I'm extremely happy I got to see them.

Aside from the bands themselves it was awesome hanging out with people I haven't seen in forever, as well as the usuals that always make shows more fun.

toggletoggle post by Nobody_Cares at Sep 6,2008 10:58am
I only saw a song and a half from Necrophagist, wish I saw more. Suffocation ruled, I'd never seen them. Carcass was incredible, I too prefer the gore grind material and wish they only played that but the other stuff is pretty good. He said they felt like Whitesnake playing with all those bands, then said "this song won't help us either" and they did "Keep Rotting" which I think is gay. But they played the ones I like so much off Symphonies. Worth the price, I'm so tired today @ work but hey I saw Carcass! Bill Steer is the man, I liked his vocals best and I wish it was Ken Owen drumming.

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at Sep 6,2008 11:13am
One other thing that made this show awesome was counting 6 Composted shirts, haha. I feel honored.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 6,2008 11:22am
AUTOPSY_666 said[orig][quote]
I want a metal

How about a MEDAL instead?

NO I WANT A METAL

toggletoggle post by vesgorenli at Sep 6,2008 12:11pm
well i had a blast...tons of BLAST!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 12:15pm edited Sep 6,2008 12:16pm
Crap crap crap crap and then Carcass. Carcass was awesome. I like their new stuff so I loved it.

I lost my glasses. I am SO pissed off. Those things were expensive.

Jon discovered this morning that my tank top says "Grindcore Slut" on the back. WTF. 30 bucks for a shirt that is not only faggot pink in the front (didn't notice until after I bought it) and calls me a slut on the back. Fuck you Carcass.

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Sep 6,2008 12:17pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Crap crap crap crap and then Carcass. Carcass was awesome. I like their new stuff so I loved it.

Jon discovered this morning that my tank top says "Grindcore Slut" on the back. WTF. 30 bucks for a shirt that is not only faggot pink in the front (didn't notice until after I bought it) and calls me a slut on the back. Fuck you Carcass.

ROTTEN SOUND is not crap PAM!

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 12:20pm
Murph said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

ROTTEN SOUND is not crap PAM!

Wasn't talking about them, I got there after they played MURPH.

toggletoggle post by sxealex balblablflbaldbfd at Sep 6,2008 12:25pm
pam said[orig][quote]

ha!

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Sep 6,2008 12:46pm
Suffocation was even heavier last night than they were the last time i saw them. just... god damn. it was weird seeing Fetus as a 3 piece but they still whooped ass.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Sep 6,2008 12:46pm
So much win. I was surprised Carcass wasn't a complete Swansong/Heartwork fest. Even that would've been fine. But then again I'm a total fanboy so they could've covered Neil Young the whole night and I'd be like a kid in a candy store.

A little bummed they didn't fully play Edge of Darkness, Ruptured in Purulence, or Carneous Cacoffiny.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 6,2008 12:47pm

you always say that.

I still wanna see Amon Amarth but MAN OH MAN that venue is the biggest turdlet

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Sep 6,2008 1:17pm edited Sep 6,2008 1:26pm

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 6,2008 1:24pm
haha!

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 6,2008 1:25pm edited Sep 6,2008 1:29pm
I see a question mark

CORRECTED: oh there we go. Bar robbery. Pretty standard I guess.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 6,2008 1:28pm
pam said[orig][quote]

If I lost my glasses at a show I'd be fucked. They're a permanent facial feature except when I'm working out, asleep, or in the shower.

and yes, I do take showers.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 3:20pm
pam said[orig][quote]

If I lost my glasses at a show I'd be fucked. They're a permanent facial feature except when I'm working out, asleep, or in the shower.

and yes, I do take showers.

I shouldn't have taken them off, lesson learned.

toggletoggle post by alexc  at Sep 6,2008 3:29pm
ive never seen more happy people in one place than at this show.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 6,2008 4:03pm
i am legitimately crippled from this show. my foot is FUCKED. worth it though. great time

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 4:08pm
My head still hurts. I think greasy Chinese food is in order.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 4:35pm
FSM: look at the end of the carcass shots

pam: you were epically drunk

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 4:40pm

Noooooooooooooo, I was just REALLY happy to see you.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Sep 6,2008 5:18pm
I got about infinity billion cups of beer spilled on me.

Well, more like 3, realistically.

toggletoggle post by lazandynli at Sep 6,2008 5:42pm
Me and Jeff scored a booth -- nice, as we just finished multiple beers up the street and then smoked a joint very, very fast. This did not help my norse blood deal with the stifling heat when we walked in. Anyhow, show was quite awesome...

VOM - Missed

BTM - Missed

Rotten Sound - the sound was, well, rotten. Apparently the sound guy felt it was a good idea to set the kick drum to "world domination" as no other instrument was audible. I would like to hear them with a better mix, as I think I would kind of like them.

1349 - this band proves that Satan is tone deaf. Did not like at all, but then again, there was the same problem with the waaaay loud kick drum, so perhaps I would like them better with a better mix.

Dying Fetus - this isn't a band I listen to regularly, but they always crush live. This was no different. Finally a good sound mix and a band that had a decent guitar tone.

Necrophagist - I think it was a monitor problem during the first song, as a solo strayed slightly from the rhythm and I saw Muhammed signalling to turn something up. After that, no mistakes, excellent set, annoyingly perfect solos. Makes me want to quit guitar. These guys are the tech masters.

Suffocation - killed. Though the last album didn't exactly give me a stiffy, those songs live are crushing -- and those guys ripped through the set perfectly.

Carcass - awesome, tight set -- it's like they've been playing together all these years and never broke up. Wish they played some older material, but whatever, still great to see a band that I never thought I'd be able to see live.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 6,2008 6:52pm
the highlight of my night was running into fishcakes outside after the show. he told me he has never seen me as fat as i am now. hahahaha.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 6,2008 6:54pm
carcass was great. i got to the show during necrofaggots. they were just as boring live as they are on cd. suffocation, on the other hand, was great live, as usual. their cds bore me, but they make up for it live. it was good to see all kinds of people i haven't seen in a while.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 6:55pm edited Sep 6,2008 6:56pm

Love this one.

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Sep 6,2008 7:00pm
post by MarkFuckingRichards at Sep 6,2008 11:13am

One other thing that made this show awesome was counting 6 Composted shirts, haha. I feel honored

haha lolz

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 6,2008 7:01pm
i was disappointed in the lack of cowbell in keep on rotting, but was very happy to hear something from swansong. that albums is soooooooooooooo great.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 7:11pm
dreadkill said[orig][quote]
the highlight of my night was running into fishcakes outside after the show. he told me he has never seen me as fat as i am now. hahahaha.

Fishcakes blew raspberries on my neck and told me "I still love you Pam" a bunch of times. Hilarious.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 7:16pm
pam said[orig][quote]

Noooooooooooooo, I was just REALLY happy to see you.
and drunkenly tell me that you couldn't find your husband and exactly what to say to him when I found him? I'm pretty sure you said you couldn't find your glasses either, but they were in your hand.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Sep 6,2008 7:16pm

sorry about that bro...even though I don't even remember it...haha!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 6,2008 7:17pm
so true though.
fish ran into me... like literally.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 6,2008 7:17pm
he was stunned at how fat i've become. the look on his face was hilarious. he grabbed my manboob.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 7:29pm
I had my glasses from looking for Jon, that was last I saw of them. :(

toggletoggle post by Dave_Maggot   at Sep 6,2008 7:32pm
alcohol and glasses do not mix. just do what i do. say "fuck it!" deny the problem, and just squint at everything. im going deaf too. im gonna be the greatest old guy ever at 30.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 7:40pm
I hate not being able to see. I took them off and stuck them in my pocket so no one would break them. Dumb move.

toggletoggle post by fishcakes at Sep 6,2008 7:44pm
I had a good time

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 7:50pm
Josh is fat, quite the manboobs here:

I lost weight, he gained it.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Sep 6,2008 8:08pm
I got there as Dying Fetus was leaving the stage. So for the first 20 minutes I stood at the bar behind a million we-rocked-to-Fetus-and-you-didn't-dudes. Oh well. I hate the Palladium. Yup. I always try to not let it dampen my spirits but....they make it tough. $$$ hope you got it. The acoustics in that place are herendous. Necrophagist played a lotta good tunes. Pretty much the same as the last time I saw em. The sound got the best it could partway through 2nd song. Yes, I noticed the many frets, taps, and fwiddly's rev. At this point I just wanted to see Carcass. Suffocation was very good. Awesome to see them again. But, I don't think I completely enjoyed them due to the anticipation of just seeing Carcass. Carcass was ok. I wasn't completely disappointed nor was I overly impressed. But satisfied to see them playing in front of me. After that Whitesnake comment...they could've really delivered but chose that other song that made me not want to punch a baby. Good time all around for the time I was there.
If I wasn't drunk, why was I humping your leg rev? Cuz I knew I could. That's why.
Dwyer, I am what I eat.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 6,2008 8:10pm
fishcakes said[orig][quote]

sorry about that bro...even though I don't even remember it...haha!
no problem dude. i thought it was funny.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 6,2008 8:19pm
yummy said[orig][quote]
Dwyer, I am what I eat.

I know that, asshole, why the reminder?

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 6,2008 8:23pm
oh schit dwyer. good one!

toggletoggle post by yummy at Sep 6,2008 8:31pm
I walk in with a ladyfriend. You call me a pussy then tell me I am what I eat as if I needed the reminder. Let's have it out. in the parking lot. Spelling Bee style.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 6,2008 11:00pm
I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks but havn't benched in over 3 and half! I look like a freak in that white shirt!
Sick show nonetheless. Waazzz so high, lomz.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 7,2008 1:35am
yummy said[orig][quote]
You call me a pussy then tell me I am what I eat as if I needed the reminder.

I knew you heard that all wrong.

I said "Death Metal is for Pussies" reading the back of your shirt and saying the "You are what you eat" line after that.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Sep 7,2008 12:44pm
yummy said[orig][quote]
After that Whitesnake comment...they could've really delivered but chose that other song that made me not want to punch a baby.

Well, they did say that song wasn't going to do them any favors.

toggletoggle post by i_am_lazy at Sep 7,2008 12:46pm
Oh yeah. I forgot to mention that Beneath the Massacre's solos made me want to join the Nintendo Fun Club today!

toggletoggle post by ellesarusrex  at Sep 7,2008 1:13pm
show was great. watched most sets from balcony bc imo sound was best and people were less sweaty. nice to meet those i met. good to see others. big shit like this is cool but overwhelming..def spent most of yesterday in bed.

toggletoggle post by BSV at Sep 7,2008 1:55pm
"Friday night at the Palladium...."
SUFFOCATION FUCKING KILLED.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Sep 7,2008 2:56pm
I think we understood eachother perfectly Dwyer. Even when I said fuck you to you, asshole. Yes I'm goofin.dick.

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Sep 7,2008 7:30pm
i enjoyed the blowjob ice ice marky gave me.

its weird, i actually bruised my heel during beneath the massacre. i didnt even hit anyone, or put any asian men in comas either.

toggletoggle post by thuringwethil at Sep 7,2008 7:32pm
*licks own brainstem*

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 7,2008 7:32pm
stomp hard

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 7,2008 7:38pm
xgodzillax said[orig][quote]

its weird, i actually bruised my heel during beneath the massacre. i didnt even hit anyone, or put any asian men in comas either.

maybe it was that guy you stomped on later.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 7,2008 8:32pm
LISA NEEDS BRACES

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Sep 7,2008 8:41pm
NOKIA THEATER FTW!

toggletoggle post by carina on her new lappy at Sep 7,2008 8:58pm

Love this one.

wow yer lucky he didn't hide his face..usually people point the camera at him and he runs

toggletoggle post by carina on her new lappy at Sep 7,2008 8:59pm
pam said[orig][quote]

did you check with their post and found? that sucks if they are really lost :(

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 7,2008 9:01pm
suffocation: jesus, does uncle frank look and act younger and younger each tour? The other guys are looking oldeer so maybe he's feeding off their life force. The drums were a little messed up sounding, but other than that, it was excellent. Im exccited when ever they play anything off effigy, but I only heard one track this show an it wasn't any song I wanted to hear. Granted they could have played others, but I didn't hear them (went outside for a bit). The good thing about them is while they do play the same core songs, they seem to be able to just rip into what ever song no matter if they practiced it. I have a feeling that they could very well fulfill requests from the crowd. That's why I was hoping they would play longer, but that didn't happen.

carcass: speaking of "keep on rotting" someone jumped off the stage during that song. Their set was one of the most overly anticipated sets that ihave ever bore witness to. I have been looking forward to seeing (most of) those men together on one stage for so many years. Over a dacade in fact. The entire 1:40 was everything I wanted. Yeah I could and have bitched about the songs they missed but what ever. Mostly the tracks they didn't play off necroticism, but they ruled. I was all smiles during every heartwwork note and head banged to all the blissful necroticism. Like a kid in an earcandy store. Smiled all the way out side, larfed with people and then went home. I would have to say that the at the gates show was better. Carcass was good and all, but their performance was pretty austere. It was more akin to seeing iron maiden live. The band is up there rocking and playing classics, but the crowd is completely disconnected from the stage. It seemed like the at the gates show they engaged the crowd more. Even suffo did that. So it was moree like epic classics played by my BFFs up on stage instead of aged rockers ripping classics but saying nothing to the crowd, but a few trite words. After words I was happy, but not full like eating at a wicked good but wicked expensive restaurant. Also, the show had more of a carnival setting to it. More people seemed more into drinking and smoking sliffs than watching the band(s). All in all it was one of the top shows I've seen in my life, but I would be lying if I said it was the top. Not even the top this year.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 7,2008 9:03pm
I got pulled into that picture with marsi and frank (suffocation). some one else snapped right in my face after that too. I was seeing green boxes.

toggletoggle post by Scott/Zircon at Sep 7,2008 9:18pm
Notice the bullet belt the singer for 1349 was wearing on stage? That was Tony's from Vital. He kindly asked the night before at our practice space if he could use it for the show. I was suprised they were so tight at the practice space. They neaded to reahearse there with Tony Laurano because it's the first time they played with him since the last tour and he's been real busy with Dimmu..I couldn't believe 1349 was at our practice space playing!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 7,2008 9:22pm
the they have on corpse paint.

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Sep 7,2008 9:25pm
haha,no corpse paint..I have pics..but the singer told me not to show anyone. They even went by their real names..

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Sep 7,2008 9:27pm
Cool fucking guy's!! They were going to come back to the Zircon room after the show as well with Jeff Walker from Carcass but when I got there to my other practice space there was nothing but dudes there and I promised them I would have a few chicks come by..haha

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 7,2008 9:29pm
carina%20on%20her%20new%20lappy said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

No, I was figuring they'd be trampled. Think it's worth it?

toggletoggle post by scottfromzircon  at Sep 7,2008 9:30pm
one kid smashed our door then another group of people got stuck in an elevator I didn't even know we had. I had to kick everyone out..what a night after the show. I had to call them and tell them to just forget it. They'll have more fun at the hotel..

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Sep 7,2008 9:46pm

maybe it was that guy you stomped on later.

i stomped on someone??? i didnt know that. and i actually hurt it at the end of beneath the massacre. i dont know how i did it, but it was during their last song

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 7,2008 10:05pm
JOKE MISSED.

toggletoggle post by Phillip  at Sep 7,2008 11:56pm
finally hearing Genital Grinder live was the highlight to my miserable pathetic life

toggletoggle post by rev photographer at Sep 8,2008 5:10am
I got pulled into that picture with marsi and frank (suffocation). some one else snapped right in my face after that too. I was seeing green boxes.

Pff, one of these days I'll let you know my name.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 8,2008 10:42am
this just fucking ruled in so many ways. my only complaint is Necrofaggots, they are fucking terrible on cd and live. some dumbass in the bathroom was trying to convince me that they are the greatest death metal band that has ever lived. he was getting pissed because i wouldn't agree. i kept saying "uh, dude, we're at a fucking CARCASS show". Dying Fetus was so good, closing with Praise the Lord was wonderful. Suffocation opening with Pierced From Within and then closing with Breeding the Spawn kicked so much ass. Frank Mullen is one of the best front men. i was really impressed with Carcass. sure they didn't play every single song everyone wanted to hear, but that was a damn good set list. Incarnated Solvent Abuse sounded so good. i thought the sound was great too, i expected it to be muddy garbage with old guys who can't play like they used to, but they sounded really good. the only problem was you couldn't understand a word that bloke Jeff Walker was saying. i had a fucking blast, met all kinds of people, drank myself stupid and sweat more than i ever have in my life. it was cool meeting Tony from Vital Remains, its always weird being introduced to someone who shares the same name as me.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 8,2008 11:41am edited Sep 8,2008 11:41am

toggletoggle post by pen15 at Sep 8,2008 11:47am
Josh_Martin

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 8,2008 11:58am
wacka wacka

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 8,2008 12:38pm
oh yeah and the pits were awesome. no small circles with 5 kids two-stepping.

toggletoggle post by grausig  at Sep 8,2008 1:12pm
Best show ever.. as long as you missed the shit in the begining.

toggletoggle post by goatcatalyst   at Sep 8,2008 1:19pm
Worcester was fun. New York was more funner.

Here's to your fuck, Frank.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 8,2008 1:49pm
I find it interesting that some people really, really hate Necrophagist. I find the tech-shredding quite pleasing.

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Sep 8,2008 2:16pm
Fuck, I haven't had time to even think about this show since because I worked 16 hours both on Sat and Sun. Suffocation absolutely proved that they are the best death metal band to ever exist. Almost 20 years in the process and their new shit is just as devastating as their first release. Fuck, shit, they opened with PIERCED FROM WITHIN...

toggletoggle post by Mess at Sep 8,2008 2:21pm
i'm not a phan of necrovagistal either

toggletoggle post by Hungtableed at Sep 8,2008 2:23pm
Necrophagist was gayer than the Easter Bunny compared to Suffocation. I seriously did not even enjoy them in a the least bit.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 8,2008 3:27pm

hahahahaha oh man i started laughing a few times because you were ripping the crowd apart.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 8,2008 3:30pm
Carcass was good and all, but their performance was pretty austere. It was more akin to seeing iron maiden live. The band is up there rocking and playing classics, but the crowd is completely disconnected from the stage. It seemed like the at the gates show they engaged the crowd more. Even suffo did that. So it was moree like epic classics played by my BFFs up on stage instead of aged rockers ripping classics but saying nothing to the crowd, but a few trite words.

i noticed that too, but i'm thinking its because no one could understand what Jeff Walker was saying. it was like listening to Brad Pitt in Snatch.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 8,2008 3:56pm
couldnt make worcester, as all my friends will never let me forget. I had something i like to call "Constarehia" It was brutal. I toughed it out for saturday though, and i am glad i did. My friends that went to both said sat was way better. The sound in the nokie theatre in NY is great, really great. And they have LCDs so you can see exactely how muhammad was killing it during necro's set. (which he did) i also heard carcass didnt let their old drummer who had the stroke play a "solo" in worcester. It was kinda sad, but you could tell it meant a lot to him. I loved it, and 1349 sounded fucking great in NY, i guess the sound guys at the palladium fucked it up for everyone again.

toggletoggle post by carina on her new lappy at Sep 8,2008 7:13pm
pam said[orig][quote]
carina%20on%20her%20new%20lappy said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

No, I was figuring they'd be trampled. Think it's worth it?

pam..describe them to me in a pm or email...dont posst details in here and will try to help

toggletoggle post by xgodzillax  at Sep 9,2008 12:30am
Yeti said[orig][quote]

hahahahaha oh man i started laughing a few times because you were ripping the crowd apart.

a couple dudes tried to flex on me and i just laughed at them. but apparently i stomped on someone. this is still a mystery to me. someone fill me in. cause id like to know.

lolz

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 9,2008 12:40am
d00d, Carcass and Suffocation where as ghey as fleshlights. Necrophagist totally stole the show. C'mon now, they switched from Bb harmonic minor to F# melodic minor in ONE SINGLE LICK of ONE SINGLE SOLO. Shred is NOT DEAD, FTW! Offal was discharged, wounds were stabbed, and B was Diminished. YES!

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 9,2008 7:33am
anonymous said[orig][quote]
Necrophagist totally stole the show.

you must be that 17 year old that was trying to convince me that Necrofaggots is the greatest death metal band of all time. its so very sad that they are the face of new age metal.

toggletoggle post by porphyria at Sep 9,2008 10:39am

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][11:51:05am Mar 29,2024
load time 1.77156 secs/32 queries]
[search][refresh page]