New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Geezer Butler slams hypocrite Sarah Palin by zyklon on Sep 5,2008 1:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 1:23pm edited Sep 5,2008 3:35pm
Thank you all who came to see the Metal Masters tour. It was a pleasure touring with such great bands and friends — Judas Priest, Motorhead and Testament, and their respective crews. It was great meeting everyone who came to the meet and greets after the shows.

"Now back to reality. As you may know from my web site and lyrics, I am pro all life, not just unborn fetuses. I don't understand people who say they are pro-life, but then support unnecessary wars and the disgusting slaughter of animals for sport. I respect people's freedom of religion, but I absolutely abhor hypocrites. Which brings me to this horrific video [see below] of cowardly bastards in airplanes, shooting wolves for so-called 'sport,' and the hypocritical politician [referring to Republican vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin] [she's supposed to be pro-life, remember], who allows this cowardly act to take place in her state.

"I know lots of people who hunt, and I enjoy shooting at my local gun range, but I don't know, nor would I want to know, anyone who gets pleasure from this disgraceful behaviour. God/nature has created a beautiful earth, and populated it with beautiful creatures, and I believe that all life is miraculous. Why do politicians [royals included] enjoy killing so much, and treating those miracles with such contempt?"

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 1:24pm

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 5,2008 1:24pm
Hahaha...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 1:31pm
that's just plan ridiculous...

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 5,2008 1:45pm
Good for him. Being "pro-life" and a hunter is pretty fucking stupid when you think about it.

toggletoggle post by Mycroft at Sep 5,2008 3:03pm
Well I am a bird hunter and damn proud of it. Its not about killing... i won't even get into it here.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 5,2008 3:07pm
i'm glad this thread is not what it could be considering the title

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 3:19pm
Hey mycroft why are u proud to be an asshole?

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 5,2008 3:21pm
If it wasn't about killing you'd shoot clay disks, targets, cans, etc.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 5,2008 3:22pm
"oh my cans. my precious antique cans. look what you done to em!"

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 5,2008 3:22pm
people have been hunting for thousands of years...
it's the poachers that fucking suck. makes me sick when you hear about hundreds of elephants slaughered just for their tusks. that's just wrong.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 5,2008 3:23pm
ebony and ivory. living together in harmony.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 5,2008 3:24pm
You know what's funny? Take a mouse, throw it in a cage with 10 gerbils. Watch the mouse explode. repeat. talk about asshole? I've done that, recorded it and took pictures.

Other than that one incident (I wasn't the only one involved), I love animals.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 5,2008 3:25pm
i've wanted to organize Chinese Fighting Fish tournaments.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 5,2008 3:26pm
ok here's an idea:

sarah palin can be vice president(mccain becomes president by default) if she can defeat a bear and a wolf at the same time bare-handed. sounds good.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 3:27pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]
i've wanted to organize Chinese Fighting Fish tournaments.

i have one. he's actually pretty rad.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 5,2008 3:29pm
i learned about them because when i was about 8 we had a fish tank, and my dad saw this "really pretty fish" so he bought it put it in the tank with like 12 others.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 3:39pm
that must have been an entertaining lesson

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 6:59pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Good for him. Being "pro-life" and a hunter is pretty fucking stupid when you think about it.

Pam, you're fucking pissing me off now. All hunters are not like that, without hunting you would have said goodbye to many more species than you even know. We do more for land and animal conservation than anyone, anywhere. Period.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 7:02pm
Yeah right...

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 7:04pm
You metro city fucks piss me off to NO end. You have no idea what the outside world entails, yet you have ALL of the solutions. Live up here in my shoes for a day, then talk to me. When is the last time one of you even SAW a wild animal??? Why you ask? Because you fuckin' cunts have over-developed things to the point THAT THERE IS NO HABITAT LEFT where you live. So for once, SHUT THE FUCK UP. You have no place to have even the slightest opionion as you MASSHOLES have destroyed the wild habitat of your state to the point of no return. Swallow your words. Down-talk fucking hunting....YOU FUCKING FILTH. You need to be hunted. You make me fucking sick.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 7:05pm
Keep it coming!

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 7:08pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]
Yeah right...

Zyklon, you're no more than a shit talking bitch. I suggest you stuff a cock in that hole under your nose. Don't even fucking TRY to stand toe to toe with me on conservation. The reason that were losing so much land here in Maine where I live is because you PIGS with all of your money in Mass, and NY keep buying up land here with your riches, and then posting it so that law abiding sportmen can't reap the land as has been done for food throughout HISTORY. You fucks wouldn't survive without a grocery store, so eat my fucking dick you little loser cunt. I would put my 15 month old son up against you in the wild and GUARANTEE that he will survive longer than you.

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 7:11pm
Hahahahaha you make me laugh motherfucker

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 7:12pm
I fucking hope all of you anti-hunting cunts die from CANCER. Enjoy the chemicals in your food. Enjoy your soy. My family will thrive on deer taken from the land, moose taken from the land, vegetables grown ON my land, eggs from my chickens, and the happiness that comes from the harvest.

You will NEVER feel that happiness. You won't miss it either, because you have never felt it. Ignorance is such bliss.....

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 7:15pm
zyklon said[orig][quote]
Hahahahaha you make me laugh motherfucker

Laugh it up city boy. If I were there you'd be choking on your fucking teeth. That's not being an internet tuffguy, that's the truth. Just ask around....I'd fucking eat you. I may be an asshole most of the time, as I'm a fan of fire-starting, but this is one area where I won't be challenged or pushed.

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 5,2008 7:17pm

toggletoggle post by zyklon at Sep 5,2008 7:18pm
Take a chill pill hoe, no reason to get dramatic

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 5,2008 8:30pm edited Sep 5,2008 8:31pm
Not dramatic. Just pissed off. I fucking hate anti-hunters in the worst way. Due to the fact that their opponents are almost ALWAYS city dwellers, with no idea of what a true love for nature entails. Nature to them is clogging the roads of states with good wildlife management, and blowing their exhaust around for all of us to breathe. Real proponents of nature will do anything to buy up as much land as they can and do nothing with it, except protect it from the money mongering flat-landers that buy it up and sell it for housing. We love our countryside and are sick of Massachussetts big money coming in and buying it all up for development. Just ask Stephen King...he just bid OUTRAGEOUSLY on huge tracts of land at Kezar lake in Maine to protect it from big city developers who were going to fucking put CONDOS in. I'm sorry, you may be a righteous dude, but your state and it's politics fucking suck. Stay the fuck away from us. We cringe every time we see a Mass. plate barrelling up RT. 16....someone needs to stand up to these concrete jungle assholes and tell them when to say when. The East coast is a shithole because of shitty politics, and you ignorant assholes just keep voting them in.

I would take 7 days with no food or water to prove my point. Stay away from our land.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 5,2008 8:45pm

bennyhillifier

it's good to know the people from massachusetts ruined the environment for everyone.

if you want to do something about conservation and population control, go kill some ass backwards motherfuckers then spend the rest of your life in jail. it's like killing two birds with one gun!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:47pm
im not anti-hunting. im anti hunting from a friggin plane. that is just stupid.. play a fucking video game I you are going to do that

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 5,2008 8:49pm
I also think that if it takes you more than 2 shots and 1 minute to take down any animal, you should lose you license and have to go to gun school to get it back.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 5,2008 11:12pm
pam said[orig][quote]
If it wasn't about killing you'd shoot clay disks, targets, cans, etc.

And not buy any beef or vegetables that require space where animals live.

Oh wait... starvation ensues.

toggletoggle post by y_ddraig_goch  at Sep 6,2008 12:00am
I'm with the hunters. they do tons for conservation. they donate money in order to help wildlife...why? so they can keep hunting and so their kids can hunt, why? it's a way of life and far more healthier than farmed animals.

If I had my way we'd all be living in the golden age of pastoral tribal society

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 6,2008 9:48am
Hunting is a non-issue.

Overpopulation is what kills animals hardcore.

Democrats, with their welfare state, contribute to overpopulation.

Republicans, with their anti-welfare and new anti-immigration stance, decrease the impetus toward overpopulation.

Hunters are needed to cull animal populations near humanity.

Want to save animals? Increase national parks, and parkland that humans can't visit, AND act against overpopulation, especially by the stupid, because if the stupid fully outpopulate the smart, they will destroy everything on this planet and all of its animals.

Good luck with that. It's too much reality for most people.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 6,2008 9:49am
y_ddraig_goch said[orig][quote]
If I had my way we'd all be living in the golden age of pastoral tribal society

Me too.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 6,2008 10:26am
Well said by all of you. Thanks for the support. It has been a family past time of ours for generations before I was born, and my son will one day cherish the memories of hunting with Dad. I will never forget the days hunting with my Great Grandfather, my Grandfather, my Dad and all of his brothers. 4 generations of DeWire's in the woods all at the same time. It was awesome. Farting at deer camp after a meal of venison and beans. Staying up and talking about the spots that we hunted that day; the deer we saw or didn't see. It will always remain a great memory that few families nowadays will have to share with their children.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 6,2008 10:29am
People always talk about wanting to "get back to nature."

Welll... getting back to nature includes hunting and killing rattlesnakes that get too close to the house.

Or did they mean "get back to nature" from their comfortable, liberal, cosmopolitan, city apartments and Whole Foods stores?

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 6,2008 10:31am
Ding! We have a winner! You are exactly right.

toggletoggle post by Kadooganaut at Sep 6,2008 10:44am
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Well said by all of you. Thanks for the support. It has been a family past time of ours for generations before I was born

So was slavery.

haha I'm kidding I kind of agree with Hoser on this. One thing I can say for hunting etc is I WISH I could live off the land and survive on my own like that. I've always said that if and when Armageddon comes, I'm pretty fucked, along with 9/10ths of the rest of the country. Scarily enough and like it or not it will be the Hosers who survive.

BUT yeah, hunting for the fuck of it is retarded. People who hunt to support themselves in the middle of nowhere and people who SHOOT ANIMALS FROM THE SKY aren't even comparable.

And for the last time Hoser, just because we happened to be born in Massachusetts doesn't mean we're all ignorant to the outside world. It just means we're extremely dependent, by birth, on grocery stores etc.

What if someone from Mass came to Maine, wanting to build ONE house in the middle of the woods in order to learn how to live off the land? Would you let em state their case or would you automatically run em outta dodge? I'm asking to get an answer, not just to be a dick. I'd love to be able to get the fuck out of this noisehole. Not that I'd necessarily move within shooting distance of you...

toggletoggle post by Murph  at Sep 6,2008 10:53am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

Welll... getting back to nature includes hunting and killing rattlesnakes that get too close to the house.

Or did they mean "get back to nature" from their comfortable, liberal, cosmopolitan, city apartments and Whole Foods stores?

We've got rattlers in Tiverton, RI.

Once they show up in Bristol, it's time to start hunting.

I'm not a hunter, and in many cases I'm not against it. It is how, in some form, I get my food. Sure, torture tracts that raise animals for killing aren't exactly the most humane thing in the world, but the PRO-LIFE debate that melds pro-life in a human case (where I side with the pro-choicers) and free-range, licenced hunting is an incomparable situation.

Sure, we could eat nuts and seeds and small vegetables and survive, but in some cases animals do EAT humans. Are we supposed to oppose hunting because we perceive to have a 'higher conscious' paired with more 'moral and ethical responsibility?' I'm sorry, but our ideas of mores and ethics are FABRICATED BY HUMAN MINDS, and therefore, as cruel as it sounds, are the rights of any species we can dominate, or the idea of natural 'rights' in general. I'm not for ruthless killing, but if I want venison sausage for breakfast, then I'm ok with it, as long as it follows the guidelines. If people notice, hunting is not a rampant activity, there are time tables set to, as Hoser pointed out, preserve species which in turn also protects their habitats.

toggletoggle post by BillyB at Sep 6,2008 10:53am
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9J-olY1JD8Y&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9J-olY1JD8Y&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></></object>

@ 2:35

toggletoggle post by BillyB at Sep 6,2008 10:54am

toggletoggle post by corpus_colostomy at Sep 6,2008 10:56am
wigger slam.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 6,2008 11:13am
Kadooganaut said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]
Well said by all of you. Thanks for the support. It has been a family past time of ours for generations before I was born

So was slavery.

haha I'm kidding I kind of agree with Hoser on this. One thing I can say for hunting etc is I WISH I could live off the land and survive on my own like that. I've always said that if and when Armageddon comes, I'm pretty fucked, along with 9/10ths of the rest of the country. Scarily enough and like it or not it will be the Hosers who survive.

BUT yeah, hunting for the fuck of it is retarded. People who hunt to support themselves in the middle of nowhere and people who SHOOT ANIMALS FROM THE SKY aren't even comparable.

And for the last time Hoser, just because we happened to be born in Massachusetts doesn't mean we're all ignorant to the outside world. It just means we're extremely dependent, by birth, on grocery stores etc.

What if someone from Mass came to Maine, wanting to build ONE house in the middle of the woods in order to learn how to live off the land? Would you let em state their case or would you automatically run em outta dodge? I'm asking to get an answer, not just to be a dick. I'd love to be able to get the fuck out of this noisehole. Not that I'd necessarily move within shooting distance of you...

I'd be fine with it as long as you didn't post your land. I'm not that much of an asshole.

toggletoggle post by Kadooganaut at Sep 6,2008 12:10pm
cool, I'm gonna build a shack in your backyard, right in view of your kitchen, so when you're washing the dishes you can look out the window and mumble "damn kids" over and over to yourself.

toggletoggle post by sxealex balblablflbaldbfd at Sep 6,2008 12:53pm
you should make the gun you hunt with with your bear teeth, otherwise you might as well buy it in the store pussiesssss

toggletoggle post by ancient master at Sep 6,2008 1:06pm
a gun made of bear teeth shit!

toggletoggle post by Infidelis on faptop at Sep 6,2008 1:43pm
omgsss you all dont undertstand hunting. its not about killing. its about an unhealthy obsession with violence unfufilled by our sane society that can only be fufilled on defenseless animals. want real nature? look back in time. AGRICULTURE EXISTS. the marketplace still existed. olden day grocery stores. jsut stfu before you make yourselves look even more like dumb hicks that somehow stumbled across the internet.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 6,2008 1:56pm
i don't see why you're bothering. all he's gonna do is go on some rant about how much massachusetts sucks and that if you don't hunt you're an unamerican pussy.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 6,2008 2:36pm
Infidelis%20on%20faptop said[orig][quote]
want real nature? look back in time.

Yes, before humans.

And then there was hunter-gatherers.

And then there was agriculture, but even then, hunting existed, to keep skills sharp and at the ready.

What about a world overrun by morons? And blighted by violence?

Maybe these problems need be solved, and running away from violence isn't the answer.

Destruction can be done without violence, after all.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Sep 6,2008 3:29pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

Pam, you're fucking pissing me off now. All hunters are not like that, without hunting you would have said goodbye to many more species than you even know. We do more for land and animal conservation than anyone, anywhere. Period.

Hey, settle down Beavis. When did I say there's anything wrong with hunting? I don't do it, I am a pussy that won't even kill bugs, but whatever. I think as long as you use everything, native american style, there's nothing wrong with hunting. I think there's a big difference between people who hunt and kill only what they will use and people who kill for sport and bragging rights.

I'm just saying in that comment that if you're going to put up a huge stink about the "sanctity of life" and how every life is precious while you're shooting and killing shit, it IS kinda silly and worth pointing out the irony.

toggletoggle post by lazandynli at Sep 6,2008 5:48pm
What a stupid thread.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 6,2008 6:26pm
pam said[orig][quote]
Hoser said[orig][quote]
pam said[orig][quote]

Hey, settle down Beavis. When did I say there's anything wrong with hunting? I don't do it, I am a pussy that won't even kill bugs, but whatever. I think as long as you use everything, native american style, there's nothing wrong with hunting. I think there's a big difference between people who hunt and kill only what they will use and people who kill for sport and bragging rights.

I'm just saying in that comment that if you're going to put up a huge stink about the "sanctity of life" and how every life is precious while you're shooting and killing shit, it IS kinda silly and worth pointing out the irony.

Well, my MASSIVE soft spot for you overcomes my hatred for the city pigs. Farming is great, I do it. In fact I give most of my veggies to my co-workers who think that I'm a hick. I love veggies to whatever retard posted his gimmicky anti-hunter pro-soy post. Pam, I saw the irony about your post and took it the wrong way actually. I now realiza that you found irony in pro-life and hunting. In actuality, I see them as similar things. Take only what you need, but do not fuck with nature. My point being that if you kill, do it for food or necessity. It's similar to human life. The same kind of assholes that hunt from helicopters are the same assholes that don't mind abortion...even if it is a form of birth control, because they have ZERO respect for life. Hope you understand my point, you are one of the few people on this board that I know has a good head on his/her shoulders. Plus....my son may be banging your daughter one day.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Sep 6,2008 7:29pm
Plus....my son may be banging your daughter one day.

The funniest thing you have ever said. But for all the wrong reasons. That's why it's funny.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 9,2008 8:49pm
Humph...you hate me.

toggletoggle post by yummy at Sep 9,2008 9:20pm
empathy. no hate.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 9,2008 11:25pm
Hoser said[orig][quote]
The same kind of assholes that hunt from helicopters are the same assholes that don't mind abortion...even if it is a form of birth control, because they have ZERO respect for life.

Best comment in the whole thread.

A big mac is not venison brought home from the hunt.

Robert Fripp had a riff on this.

So did Paul Woodruff, who wrote a great book called Reverence in which he discusses this concept.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Sep 9,2008 11:46pm
Yeti said[orig][quote]

"He hates these cans! Everybody! Stay away from the cans!"

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 10,2008 8:55am
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 10,2008 8:58am
I would never hunt from helicopters and I don't mind abortion - does this make me an asshole?

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 10,2008 9:08am
SacreligionNLI said[orig][quote]
ok here's an idea:

sarah palin can be vice president(mccain becomes president by default) if she can defeat a bear and a wolf at the same time bare-handed. sounds good.

Put that shit on Pay-Per-View

toggletoggle post by RustyPS  at Sep 10,2008 9:10am edited Sep 10,2008 9:12am
double post

toggletoggle post by c.DeAd at Sep 10,2008 9:45am
Conservationist said[orig][quote]

I fully agree with this. They also preach acceptance from their ethnic-less neighborhoods because they don't have to deal with poverty and the shit that comes with it. Like being robbed, raped or killed for the two dollars you have in your pocket.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 10,2008 9:46am
I think you just described Allston

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 10,2008 1:16pm
largefreakatzero said[orig][quote]
DestroyYouAlot said[orig][quote]
Yeti said[orig][quote]

HAHAHAHA fuckin love this movie

toggletoggle post by mOe  at Sep 10,2008 1:24pm
Hunting animals to use and feed your family = cool
Killing animals for fun to hang em on your wall and be like, "yeah look at this shit i killed, brah" = eat shit

toggletoggle post by FuckIsMySignature at Sep 10,2008 1:26pm
hunting people is ok though.

toggletoggle post by Conservationist  at Sep 10,2008 1:41pm
c.DeAd said[orig][quote]
I fully agree with this. They also preach acceptance from their ethnic-less neighborhoods because they don't have to deal with poverty and the shit that comes with it. Like being robbed, raped or killed for the two dollars you have in your pocket.

And scorn rural people who they refer to as rednecks, which I think is both misleading and racist (redneck = scotts-irish ancestry, historically).

I think people in cities have it too easy. Jobs involve typing. If you need something, you buy it on a card. There's no connection to anything larger than Self and Desire.

It's also zzzz.

toggletoggle post by Hoser at Sep 10,2008 1:43pm
Most trophy hunters that hunt solely for trophies do in fact donate the meat. Most African safari's where lions and other trophies are hunted are led by local tribesmen. The meat from the hunt is then donated to the tribe as payment. The only thing that the hunter gets is the head or whatnot to mount on his/her wall. It's actually a pretty good trade when you get right down to it. The people that need to be killed are the poachers who kill off tigers for their penises and leave the body to rot. Or the poachers that kill elephants for their tusks and again leave the body to rot.

Poaching is the #1 enemy of conservation. Poachers ruin it for lawful hunters. I personally have over $200 already invested in hunting licenses for the State of Maine this year. Every penny of which is turned around and spent on conservation, and the laws upholding conservation.

Kill poachers...that's my take on it. I would bet that the meat from the helicopter hunt was in fact donated.

toggletoggle post by c.DeAd at Sep 10,2008 1:45pm
Good point.

toggletoggle post by aril at Sep 10,2008 2:43pm
Agreed with Hoser. As I stated above, poaching is horrible. Most hunters that I know (I'm not one myself) love nature and act to preserve it.
One can view it as wrong due to killing animals, but humans have been doing it for as long as we know.
Poachers, on the other hand, have some other objective which usually involves money or political ideals.
Honestly, if I was hunting outside and saw "poachers" shooting animals at will for some objective, I would shoot the poachers and get in a gun fight with them.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Splendid Magik filled Night Creatures
[default homepage] [print][5:08:11am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02763 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]