New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> The Artists Formerly Known as Ouch seeks new members by narkybark on Sep 4,2008 1:53am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 4,2008 1:53am edited Sep 5,2008 2:52am
Here's the straight dope: looking for a second guitarist and/or a vocalist. The material we're doing is not as frantically random as the Ouch material, but it does have it's share of thrashes, offtimes and grooves. We're not afraid to mix styles together. Looking for someone to add their own input into the mix and make a big delicious pot pie. Mmm, pot pie.

I was hesitant to list influences because I'm not sure we sound like any of them, not to mention we dig a wide variety of metal. At any given time you may hear from our esteemed ipods melodic tunes from Origin, Necrophagist, Decrepit Birth, Behemoth, Decapitated, Botch, Nile... you can see where I'm going with this.

For vocalists we have a throaty growl in mind, but perhaps with a little variety and not monotone. We're keeping an open mind to finding out what styles might work.

For guitarists, we'll take what you bring. Looking for people to creatively add their own voice to our sound. Again, we're keeping an open mind.

For child molestors, unfortunately we're all of legal age.

And for any dogs that are interested, you probably won't do well on guitar since you have no opposable thumbs, but if you have a mean growl we might consider you for vocals.

Practice in South Boston a couple times a week, not far from the Broadway T. For some wonderful El Crapo Mike In The Practice Room Recordings(tm), check out http://www.myspace.com/boarcorpse . Seems like that's the name we're going under for now. Who knows if it's final- hell if *I* do.

And one last thing- if you want to check us out easily, we are indeed playing Thurs Sept 4th at Obriens, by hook or by crook. Jim will give you a smooch if you fart in his face, he loves it.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Sep 4,2008 7:49am
lies. I will give you a smooch UNLESS you fart in my face. and let me just add that while yes, we want a throaty growl, we are very open to high pitch "witch" screams as well, preferably both.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 7,2008 3:08am
Free Tub Toast to all applicants!

toggletoggle post by Martins   at Sep 7,2008 7:29am
Ouch ruled. I want a cd haha. I'd totally be up for doing this but I don't have the time, money, or means to do it on a regular basis at all. If ya'll want some nigga soup though, you know where to go.

toggletoggle post by archaeon at Sep 7,2008 11:01am
martins ouchdrummer sent me 2 cds so i can give the other one next time i see you

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 11,2008 1:08am
apparently we left a whole box of them at obriens last week.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Sep 24,2008 12:54pm
why look, it's been a while since anyone's seen this thread.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 2:23pm
yeah, so let me add some inluences to this here thread to maybe spark SOMEONEs interest.

Necrophagist
Faceless
Decapitated
Origin
Nile
Odius Mortem
Arsis
Cyptopsy -PRE-"what was not"

to name a few. Our stuff is really coming along. If anyone isn't sure and wants to come in person to hear what it sounds like these days, your MORE than welcome. We practice right off the red line in south boston. Which is also right off 93, and right off 90. Very easy to get to, there is parking, and we play wed, thur, sun. So please, hit us up if interested.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 6,2008 2:35pm
black sabbath
today is the day
neurosis
black flag
circle of dead children

and im in.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 2:36pm
haha. are you saying that if we changed influences you'd be in?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 6,2008 2:37pm
yup, that and i'd need a plane ticket next sept. ha

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 2:39pm
ya, are you back here on the right coast now? Or still on lefty?

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 6,2008 2:43pm
im still in north cali till next sept, im just bored.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 2:45pm
oh. See any good shows since you been out there? And where in north cali exactly? I got people in santa cruz.

toggletoggle post by timma at Oct 6,2008 2:47pm
I have no opposable thumbs, so I can't play guitar or hold a mic. I can play a mean distorted washboard though.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 6,2008 4:05pm
ouchdrummer said[orig][quote]
oh. See any good shows since you been out there? And where in north cali exactly? I got people in santa cruz.

i'm in livermore, outside of oakland and i've played shows with skarp, pop ducts, indisgust, sfn, scarecrow, phobia, kill the client, lidtoker, godstomper, raw power, doldrums, cop on fire and saw ironlung

shits been fun.

toggletoggle post by McGunk at Oct 6,2008 4:18pm
i used to be in this band and they are really boring and terrible now. They probably only got a guitarist just to to be able to say they have one, as they make him play the same simple power chord in all the songs because the keyboardist wants to get all the attention. Either that or he just can't really play. I saw some of the clips from the AS220 show and it was really, really boring and I couldn't even watch it was so annoying. The vocals suck bad now just a big whining jerkface and the stage setup was same ol same old and the costume the singer wore was embarassing and retarded! really sad. But whatever, I guess they are only doing it because they like it so I just say let em' if it makes them so happy.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 6,2008 4:20pm
oh snap.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 5:01pm
huh? keyboardist?

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Oct 6,2008 5:23pm
i found a whole box of ouch cds if u need those back let me know

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 6,2008 5:24pm
keep em, give em away, throw em in the trash, give em back, whatever is the easiest man. We have, oh, i dunno, about 2500 more of em. haha.

toggletoggle post by Martins_nli at Oct 6,2008 5:43pm
Give me one. I <3 Ouch

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 7,2008 10:27am
Sean, when you come back we need to get cracking on our call-in radio show.

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 9,2008 9:07am
did you get one yet? I can send it to you. PM me your addy

toggletoggle post by ouchdrummer   at Oct 17,2008 3:03pm
Have had a handful of tryouts now, some promising, others not so much. We are still looking, we have stuff almost finished, our old stuff has increased by about 15bpm, and we have been talking about recording in a studio soon to get a good enough mix to maybe get some more serious players' attention.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Oct 17,2008 3:07pm
I dunno, shit sounds pretty solid as is.

toggletoggle post by darkwor at Oct 17,2008 4:21pm
15bpm eh? you get a new metronome jim?

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Oct 17,2008 4:33pm
he waits until I fall down the stairs and then records my pacemaker.

toggletoggle post by W3 nli at Oct 19,2008 3:30pm
RichHorror said[orig][quote]
Sean, when you come back we need to get cracking on our call-in radio show.

ok but only if drugs and liquor are provided.

toggletoggle post by narkybark   at Dec 11,2008 12:13pm
We're still poking around for a second guitarist.

If you want to see what we're like, we're playing Obriens this Monday, come have a beer and say hullo.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][2:57:53pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01384 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]